This is BX @ Boxden.com

Dec 25 - Christianity 'close to extinction' in Middle East

Dec 25 - Christianity 'close to extinction' in Middle East
topic by bobbysteels18 - 12-25-2012, 11:12 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Christianity 'close to extinction' in Middle East
Christianity faces being wiped out of the “biblical heartlands” in the Middle East because of mounting persecution of worshippers, according to a new report.

The study warns that Christians suffer greater hostility across the world than any other religious group.
And it claims politicians have been “blind” to the extent of violence faced by Christians in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
The most common threat to Christians abroad is militant Islam, it says, claiming that oppression in Muslim countries is often ignored because of a fear that criticism will be seen as “racism”.
It warns that converts from Islam face being k!lled in Saudi Arabia, Mauritania and Iran and risk severe legal penalties in other countries across the Middle East.
The report, by the think tank Civitas, says: “It is generally accepted that many faith-based groups face discrimination or persecution to some degree.

"A far less widely grasped fact is that Christians are targeted more than any other body of believers.”
It cites estimates that 200 million Christians, or 10 per cent of Christians worldwide, are “socially disadvantaged, harassed or actively oppressed for their beliefs.”
“Exposing and combating the problem ought in my view to be political priorities across large areas of the world. That this is not the case tells us much about a questionable hierarchy of victimhood,” says the author, Rupert Shortt, a journalist and visiting fellow of Blackfriars Hall, Oxford.
He adds: “The blind spot displayed by governments and other influential players is causing them to squander a broader opportunity. Religious freedom is the canary in the mine for human rights generally.”
The report, entitled Christianophobia, highlights a fear among oppressive regimes that Christianity is a “Western creed” which can be used to undermine them.
State hostility towards Christianity is particularly rife in China, where more Christians are imprisoned than in any other country in the world, according to the report.
It quotes Ma Hucheng, an advisor to the Chinese government, who claimed in an article last year that the US has backed the growth of the Protestant Church in China as a vehicle for political dissidence.
“Western powers, with America at their head, deliberately export Christianity to China and carry out all kinds of illegal evangelistic activities,” he wrote in the China Social Sciences Press.
“Their basic aim is to use Christianity to change the character of the regime...in China and overturn it,” he added.
The “lion’s share” of persecution faced by Christians arises in countries where Islam is the dominant faith, the report says, quoting estimates that between a half and two-thirds of Christians in the Middle East have left the region or been k!lled in the past century.
“There is now a serious risk that Christianity will disappear from its biblical heartlands,” it claims.
The report shows that “Muslim-majority” states make up 12 of the 20 countries judged to be “unfree” on the grounds of religious tolerance by Freedom House, the human rights think tank.
It catalogues hundreds of attacks on Christians by religious fanatics over recent years, focusing on seven countries: Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan, Nigeria, India, Burma and China.
It claims George Bush’s use of the word “crusade” after the September 11 attacks on New York created the impression for Muslims in the Middle East of a “Christian a$sault on the Muslim world”.
“But however the motivation for violence is measured, the early twenty-first century has seen a steady rise in the strife endured by Christians,” the report says.
The 2003 invasion of Iraq left Iraqi Christians “more vulnerable than ever”, highlighted by the 2006 behe@ding of a kidnapped Orthodox priest, Fr Boulos Iskander, and the kidnapping of 17 further priests and two bishops between 2006 and 2010.
“In most cases, those responsible declared that they wanted all Christians to be expelled from the country,” the report says.
In Pakistan, the murd3r last year of Shahbaz Bhatti, the country’s Catholic minister for minorities, “vividly reflected” religious intolerance in Pakistan.
Shortly after his de@th it emerged that Mr Bhatti had recorded a video in which he declared: “I am living for my community and for suffering people and I will die to defend their rights.
"I prefer to die for my principles and for the justice of my community rather than to compromise. I want to share that I believe in Jesus Christ, who has given his own life for us.”
The report also warns that Christians in India have faced years of violence from Hindu extremists. In 2010 scores of attacks on Christians and church property were carried out in Karnataka, a state in south west India.
And while many people are aware of the oppression faced in Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi and other pro-democracy activists, targeted abuse of Christians in the country has been given little exposure, the report says.
In some areas of Burma the government has clamped down on Christian protesters by restricting the building of new churches.
“Openly professing Christians employed in government service find it virtually impossible to get promotion,” it adds.

Christianity 'close to extinction' in Middle East - Telegraph

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

47 comments for "Dec 25 - Christianity 'close to extinction' in Middle East"

12-26-2012, 12:04 AMaway - #2
evici1 2299 heat pts2299

d 
space
$14,617 | POWERFUL
What?! lol what kind of bullshiit is this?

that would never happen, religion doesnt fade out in a region.
 12-26-2012, 12:34 AMaway - #3
keen77 3 heat pts

d 
space
$2,245 | 16664566
Iraq and even Afghanistan had some of the highest percent populations of Christians in the world until the American invasions and strife was multiplied.... We in the US have been feeding Islamic terrorism since its inception

It really is sad
 12-26-2012, 12:51 AMaway - #4
autoraptronix 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,362 | 20178761
The study warns that Christians suffer greater hostility across the world than any other religious group.

How many predominantly Christian countries have been invaded or occupied in the last decade, compared to Islamic ones? Its these all these wars that are driving fundamentalism and pushing other groups out.
 12-26-2012, 02:05 AMonline - #5
Chief Dee 6 heat pts

d 
space
$10,241 | POWERFUL
No offense, but this sounds like a scapegoat excuse for the declining numbers of Christians WORLDWIDE. There were Christians in the Mideast for hundreds of years, if people wanted them gone they'd BEEN GONE. Their numbers are decreasing like the ENTIRE religion. It aint like people are snatching them up and k!lling them. They are losing theological ground because of their beliefs.

In Islam, all you believe is that God is one, totally above his creation, with no equal partner, no sons, no daugthers, nothing. In Christianity, you have pure organized confusion where we have God who is one for half the book and hates being co-worshipped. Then later on, you have this Zeus-Hercules thing going on where the story switches he has a son out of nowhere. Then you must worship him AND his son at once, all the while pretending you are purely monotheistic even though such beliefs take you FAR away from the beliefs of Adam, Moses, Noah etc. This is why they are declining, the theology is so ####ed up and all over the place that they cannot even agree on basic beliefs of God's nature. People are returning to the basic premise of God as one like Adam, Moses, David etc believed instead of some weird a$s trinity thing that popped up a few thousand years ago which NO ONE believed prior.

Last edited by Chief Dee; 12-26-2012 at 02:08 AM..
 12-26-2012, 08:24 AMaway - #6
RubbahBandMayn 

d 
space
$6,777 | POWERFUL
Europe and Amerikkka is responsible for this. That's why I have a faith and not a religion
 12-26-2012, 07:33 PMaway - #7
just2intense 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$760 | 4038416
Originally Posted by Chief Dee
No offense, but this sounds like a scapegoat excuse for the declining numbers of Christians WORLDWIDE. There were Christians in the Mideast for hundreds of years, if people wanted them gone they'd BEEN GONE. Their numbers are decreasing like the ENTIRE religion. It aint like people are snatching them up and k!lling them. They are losing theological ground because of their beliefs.

In Islam, all you believe is that God is one, totally above his creation, with no equal partner, no sons, no daugthers, nothing. In Christianity, you have pure organized confusion where we have God who is one for half the book and hates being co-worshipped. Then later on, you have this Zeus-Hercules thing going on where the story switches he has a son out of nowhere. Then you must worship him AND his son at once, all the while pretending you are purely monotheistic even though such beliefs take you FAR away from the beliefs of Adam, Moses, Noah etc. This is why they are declining, the theology is so ####ed up and all over the place that they cannot even agree on basic beliefs of God's nature. People are returning to the basic premise of God as one like Adam, Moses, David etc believed instead of some weird a$s trinity thing that popped up a few thousand years ago which NO ONE believed prior.

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about

Dude the Trinity has been there since the beginning and is there through out the whole Bible... God of the Bible is three persons Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:26- Let US make man in our likeness and image. Who do you think the us there is. The Trinity! And Christianity is not dying out but Christians are being persecuted because of the God we serve its all stated in the Bible that this would happen... John 15:8- If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you; 2 Timothy 3:12- Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted; 1 John 3:13- Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you... But There is a blessing for those who die for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by just2intense; 12-26-2012 at 07:40 PM..
 12-26-2012, 07:45 PMaway - #8
purelogic 9 heat pts

d 
space
$2,908 | 0
#### all that fairy tale ####.
 12-26-2012, 07:55 PMaway - #9
lifeundthescope 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$6,048 | POWERFUL
you cant delete post no mo?

Last edited by lifeundthescope; 12-26-2012 at 08:08 PM..
 12-26-2012, 08:50 PMaway - #10
Big Louie Guwop 61 heat pts61

d 
space
$7,246 | POWERFUL
Idk Care What Anyone Says Or belives, I Beleive In My Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. & I WILL DIE FOR HIM BECAUSE HE DIED FOR ME
 12-26-2012, 09:09 PMaway - #11
Friday 1 heat pts

d 
space
$615 | 1777286
Extinction..... idk. But concentrating to separate themselves from Muslims, that's for sure.

Christians are the first ones to go in any type of war/conflict/revolution in the middle east.

Iraq, Syria, Egypt.
 12-26-2012, 09:16 PMaway - #12
shadow_boxer 

d 
space
$1,583 | 4005230
Originally Posted by Yung Louie
Idk Care What Anyone Says Or belives, I Beleive In My Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. & I WILL DIE FOR HIM BECAUSE HE DIED FOR ME
 12-26-2012, 10:38 PMaway - #13
O-King 

d 
space
$1,405 | 3216495
Originally Posted by Yung Louie
so if i put a gun to your head, ud die over some jesus? doubt it

i kno plenty muslims whod die for allah
 12-26-2012, 10:42 PMonline - #14
GUNIT-FINEST 

d 
space
$16,347 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by just2intense
Dude you have no idea what you're talking about

Dude the Trinity has been there since the beginning and is there through out the whole Bible... God of the Bible is three persons Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:26- Let US make man in our likeness and image. Who do you think the us there is. The Trinity! And Christianity is not dying out but Christians are being persecuted because of the God we serve its all stated in the Bible that this would happen... John 15:8- If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you; 2 Timothy 3:12- Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted; 1 John 3:13- Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you... But There is a blessing for those who die for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
ACTUALLY THE TRINITY is not bible based at all. You are taking a couple scriptures literal and disregarding the many others that disprove the trinity. I dont even have to use scriptures to disprove the trinity (which i can if need be) only common sense. First off why would god feel the need or ever come to earth in human form when he created man and the universe and has nothing he needs to prove to humans. Humans are lower than angels and certainly god so by saying god ever lived as a human is disrespectful to him. Why when Jesus was in the wilderness did Satan try to tempt him to worship him? Satan was an angel in heaven before rebelling he clearly has been in gods presence before so why would an angel or demon such as Satan try to get god to worship him when he knows that will never happen? Satan told Jesus if he did an act of worship to him he would give him all the material possessions and powers on earth. What could Satan give god he couldnt get on his own. Why when Jesus was baptized a voice came from heaven saying this is my son the beloved whom i approved of? You are telling mean human jesus on earth gets baptized and then at the same time is in heaven and he looks up at himself and speaks to himself at the same time. Why would Jesus pray to himself in the wildnerness all night before being tortured. Why would god send himself to earth, pray to himself, die and resurrect himself. The word TRINITY actually appears NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE. The scripture you are referring to in our image does not support the trinity. Thats like saying that is our car but that doesnt mean that we are the same person. God actually gives his name in the bible it appears over 7000 times more than any other name. Your bible only probably has it 4 times since most modern day bibles have been edited to fit false religious beliefs. A good way to see is go to Psalm 83:18 and it will be smack dab in your face. If that scripture says LORD than your bible has been censored. I would just tell you myself but I would rather you do the research and see it for yourself. Than once you do find out youll have to find the real meaning of all the scriptures you THOUGHT said god is a trinity and see the true meaning of his identity. Jesus is gods son just like JESUS said he was and why he referred to GOD as father. And if you want to use the scripture when he said i am the father he was stating that him being perfect and his personality is like gods which is true jesus was perfect and fulfilled gods will so for us humans to get an insight on gods personality all we have to do is look at Jesus life. Thats why he said he did the will of the one who sent him(GOD) but what your trying to say he sent himself to do what himself back in heaven sent himself to do. USE YOUR HEAD ni##a
 12-26-2012, 10:48 PMaway - #15

d 
space
$5,882 | 8341161
Well I'll tell you this...

My parents are Christians from Iraq (Chaldean/Assyrian to be exact...we're not not Arab). The past 10 years, a ton left and moved out here. A lot of family was k!lled out there since the US invaded. All of that $uicide b0mbing #### never happened before the US went out there.

But they are NOT almost extinct in Iraq at least. There's a huge section of Iraq up north full of Christians and they're not moving. Terrorism doesn't really happen up there.
 12-26-2012, 11:16 PMaway - #16
Zakhara 3 heat pts

d 
space
$803 | 3864132

Islam only believes in one god? Have you ever heard of their Prophet Mohammed? You can't even say or write his name without following it with a "Peace Be Upon Him." Don't get it twisted, that IS a form a worship. So you tell me they only believe in one God...
 12-26-2012, 11:18 PMaway - #17
invaderchin 138 heat pts138

d 
space
$2,711 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 123456
Well I'll tell you this...

My parents are Christians from Iraq (Chaldean/Assyrian to be exact...we're not not Arab). The past 10 years, a ton left and moved out here. A lot of family was k!lled out there since the US invaded. All of that $uicide b0mbing #### never happened before the US went out there.

But they are NOT almost extinct in Iraq at least. There's a huge section of Iraq up north full of Christians and they're not moving. Terrorism doesn't really happen up there.
ur parents are are Arab
 12-26-2012, 11:23 PMaway - #18
liveson777 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,815 | 7381871
Originally Posted by O-King
so if i put a gun to your head, ud die over some jesus? doubt it

i kno plenty muslims whod die for allah
U must not know
 12-26-2012, 11:28 PMaway - #19
liveson777 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,815 | 7381871

Wow u really all over the place with this misinformed post it's sad u spew words that have no relivitivity to what the Christian bible offers.... It's not that hard to grasp.... But u just went full retard on trying to prove a point that's wrong from the get go
 12-26-2012, 11:36 PMaway - #20
nyc 1 heat pts

d 
space
$880 | 3489045
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Find me a Soprano's or Breaking Bad scene fu-king with this
61 comments
Video inside  Introducing PS4 Share Play...
51 comments
TDE Is Doing Jay Rock Dirty Yo...
156 comments
 NCAAF Week 9 Cfb Thread(top 25 Only)
New reply 5 seconds ago - 153 comments - by JBoogie
  The Game.....has One Of The Best Songs Of The Year.
New reply 30 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Littlefinger1
 Video inside Sunset Overdrive Embargo Lifted Early Review
New reply 3 minutes ago - 92 comments - by BunsBundy
 Video inside Rick Ross "the Truth Is More Sinister" Appre...
New reply 32 minutes ago - 90 comments - by JBoogie
  Oct 24 - Teacher Ashley Zehnder Faces Sex Charge After...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 61 comments - by Frasier
 Image(s) inside Oct 24 - Tlc Cancels Honey Boo Boo Over Mom's Child Mo...
New reply 58 minutes ago - 59 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
  Gucci Mane Stories
New reply 11 minutes ago - 122 comments - by pojo18
 NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers The Worst Manufactured Superteam...
New reply 1 hour ago - 88 comments - by HeatMafia410

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.