Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Dec 24 - Women in Swaziland risk arrest if they wear mini-skirts

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
86 viewing
 NBA Well Damn Gilbert Arenas breaks down Lebron's game on Instagram
28 comments
most viewed right now
84 viewing
Meek Diss coming tonight?
435 comments

top in section
54 viewing
 Audio inside People forgetting how many times Drake got silenced by established arti..
top in hiphop
top in section
14 viewing
 Image inside NBA 2K16 Advanced Gamepad Controls
top in games

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Dec 24 - Women in Swaziland risk arrest if they wear mini-skirts
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #1
1278 pageviews
18 comments

DNa BRoWN 20 heat pts20 space
Advanced Member
space
$876 | 11656778
Women in Swaziland risk arrest if they wear mini-skirts or tops which expose part of their stomach, a police spokeswoman has said.

Wendy Hleta said police would enforce an 1889 law which bans "immoral" dressing if they receive a complaint.

She also said women in the deeply conservative kingdom make it easier for rapists by wearing mini-skirts.

Last month, police reportedly blocked women in mini-skirts marching against r*pe in the second city, Manzini.

However, the colonial-era law does not apply to traditional costumes worn by women during ceremonies like the annual reed dance, where the monarch may choose a new wife.

In 2000, the government introduced a law requiring school girls aged 10 years old and above to wear knee-length skirts to curb promiscuity as part of attempts to halt the spread of Aids.

The country has a population of more than 1.2 million and one of the highest HIV/Aids rates in the world.

'Undressing people with their eyes'

Ms Hleta said the 1889 law had not been enforced recently, but police wanted to alert women about its existence after receiving complaints from some men in Manzini about women wearing mini-skirts.

Anyone arrested and guilty of "immorality" under the Crimes Act of 1889 could receive a fine of up to $10 (6) or a jail-term of up to six months if they failed to pay the fine, she said.

Women should be careful about wearing revealing clothes, the police spokeswoman said.

"We do not encourage that women should be harmed, but at the same time people should note acceptable conduct of behaviour," Ms Hleta is quoted by the privately owned Times of Swaziland newspaper as saying.

"The act of the rapist is made easy because it would be easy to remove the half-cloth worn by the women," she said.

Women who wear "skimpy clothes" also draw unnecessary attention to themselves, Ms Hleta said.

"I have read from the social networks that men and even other women have a tendency of 'undressing people with their eyes'. That becomes easier when the clothes are hugging or are more revealing," Ms Hleta is quoted as saying.

However, the law excluded exposure of the body due to brea$t feeding and wearing cultural regalia, she said.

Swaziland is a patriarchal society, ruled by sub-Saharan Africa's only absolute monarch, King Mswati III.

He has 13 wives and is often accused of leading a flamboyant lifestyle.

But in a move that was widely welcomed by rights groups, Swaziland's Ellinah Wamukoya was last month consecrated as the first woman bishop in Africa by the Anglican church.

BBC News - Swaziland: Police in mini-skirt arrest threat
Props given to DNa BRoWN hot topic  (12-24-2012)

18 comments for "Dec 24 - Women in Swaziland risk arrest if they wear mini-skirts"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
NoLedge18720 3 heat pts space
$100 Bill Authentic
space
$19,951 | POWERFUL
Can't lie I was hoping to come in here and see pics of swiss women in mini skirts
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #3
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27 space
As ↑, So ↓
space
$14,174 | POWERFUL
NoLedge18720 said:
Can't lie I was hoping to come in here and see pics of swiss women in mini skirts
Reading is fundamental isn't it? Swiss people come from Switzerland, silly.

About the article, god, I am so entirely sick of women being to blame for a man's predatory actions. How about you control your d!cks and not worry about what a female is wearing. Are these men animals that can't control their baser urges? I mean wtf. A girl should be able to walk around nekkid and not be fu*ked with. Just cause a girl has on a mini skirt does not give a man the right to mess with her. Maybe it's time to look within, and stop blaming women for their lack of self control.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #4
NoLedge18720 3 heat pts space
$100 Bill Authentic
space
$19,951 | POWERFUL
Whoops. That's what happens when u quickly glance at a title
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #5
R3KT915  space
space
$2,057 | 4264593
I never heard of Swaziland
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #6
Trilluminati GA 409 heat pts409 space
HardOnHoes2K15
space
$39,966 | POWERFUL
let them heauxs be
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #7
TheMob 80 heat pts80 space
Infinite
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #8
ruff 6 heat pts space
McThickridge
space
$24,856 | POWERFUL
Don't they already walk around nekkid?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #9
MeziaaL|m 1 heat pts space
.The AlcheMez.
space
$13,854 | POWERFUL
So instead of telling men not to psychologically destroy a woman by violating her body against her will via r*pe, we outlaw clothing style? What kind of sick twisted a.ss backwards sh*t is this.

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #10
Game Of Knicks 567 heat pts567 space
pu**y n*ggas Bow
space
$22,528 | POWERFUL
wtf is a swaziland?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #11
Blue Mercury 200 heat pts200 space
OGBluemercury
space
$1,216 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

Swaziland, officially the Kingdom of Swaziland (Swazi: Umbuso weSwatini), and sometimes called Ngwane or Swatini, is a landlocked country in Southern Africa, bordered to the north, south and west by South Africa, and to the east by Mozambique. The nation, as well as its people, are named after the 19th century king Mswati II.
Swaziland is a small country, no more than 200 kilometres (120 mi) north to south and 130 kilometres (81 mi) east to west. The western half is mountainous, descending to a lowveld region to the east. The eastern border with Mozambique and South Africa is dominated by the escarpment of the Lebombo Mountains. The climate is temperate in the west, but may reach 40 C (104 F) in summer in the lowveld. Rainfall occurs mainly in the summer and may reach 2 metres (6.6 ft) in the west. -Wiki
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #12
Deniro732 5 heat pts space
Allah Knowledge
space
$10,887 | POWERFUL
let the attractive bi*ches wear w/e the fu*k they want
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #13
datVAkid 34 heat pts34 space
KeyChain/ The Knock-Offs
space
$10,074 | POWERFUL
my brother did a mission trip in swaziland last year... almost adopted a lil african baby haha
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #14
Hit Em' Up 53 heat pts53 space
space
$4,393 | POWERFUL
Jazzy Soul said:
Reading is fundamental isn't it? Swiss people come from Switzerland, silly.

About the article, god, I am so entirely sick of women being to blame for a man's predatory actions. How about you control your d!cks and not worry about what a female is wearing. Are these men animals that can't control their baser urges? I mean wtf. A girl should be able to walk around nekkid and not be fu*ked with. Just cause a girl has on a mini skirt does not give a man the right to mess with her. Maybe it's time to look within, and stop blaming women for their lack of self control.
I disagree...if a nekkid woman thinks she can just walk past me and not get r*ped she need to think again
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #15
fatdaddy  space
Chaos Space Marine
space
$384 | 714388
Hit Em' Up said:
I disagree...if a nekkid woman thinks she can just walk past me and not get r*ped she need to think again

[pic - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #16
El_Maravilloso1  space
Cole World
space
$2,725 | 3496524
Hit Em' Up said:
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #17
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts space
space
$6,419 | 13326069
Hit Em' Up said:
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #18
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27 space
As ↑, So ↓
space
$14,174 | POWERFUL
Hit Em' Up said:
I'm not going to tell you you're retarded... I'm sure you already know.

Home > all sections > BX Daily Bugle

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
25 viewing
Well Damn Brazzers is going in on meek and nicki
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside Top 10 Controversial Documentary Movies
51 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Everybody talking about Meek Mill Drake And Flex MEANWHILE . . .
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Windows 10 download
159 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Video inside Birdman Interview with Angie Martinez! Finally Speaks on Lil Wayne & Yo..
444 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Audio inside Meek Mill - Beautiful Nightmare (Drake Diss)
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside That lil 10 Year Old Savage that signed to SSR got locked up
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Video inside John Cena breaks his nose live on Raw vs. Seth Rollins (graphic)
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Jul 28 - Jail Releases Footage of Sandra Bland Booking to Counter Fake Mugshot..
286 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time