b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Dec 24 - Women in Swaziland risk arrest if they wear mini-skirts

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Dec 24 - Women in Swaziland risk arrest if they wear mini-skirts
topic by DNa BRoWN - 12-24-2012, 06:57 AM

Women in Swaziland risk arrest if they wear mini-skirts or tops which expose part of their stomach, a police spokeswoman has said.

Wendy Hleta said police would enforce an 1889 law which bans "immoral" dressing if they receive a complaint.

She also said women in the deeply conservative kingdom make it easier for rapists by wearing mini-skirts.

Last month, police reportedly blocked women in mini-skirts marching against r### in the second city, Manzini.

However, the colonial-era law does not apply to traditional costumes worn by women during ceremonies like the annual reed dance, where the monarch may choose a new wife.

In 2000, the government introduced a law requiring school girls aged 10 years old and above to wear knee-length skirts to curb promiscuity as part of attempts to halt the spread of Aids.

The country has a population of more than 1.2 million and one of the highest HIV/Aids rates in the world.

'Undressing people with their eyes'

Ms Hleta said the 1889 law had not been enforced recently, but police wanted to alert women about its existence after receiving complaints from some men in Manzini about women wearing mini-skirts.

Anyone arrested and guilty of "immorality" under the Crimes Act of 1889 could receive a fine of up to $10 (6) or a jail-term of up to six months if they failed to pay the fine, she said.

Women should be careful about wearing revealing clothes, the police spokeswoman said.

"We do not encourage that women should be harmed, but at the same time people should note acceptable conduct of behaviour," Ms Hleta is quoted by the privately owned Times of Swaziland newspaper as saying.

"The act of the rapist is made easy because it would be easy to remove the half-cloth worn by the women," she said.

Women who wear "skimpy clothes" also draw unnecessary attention to themselves, Ms Hleta said.

"I have read from the social networks that men and even other women have a tendency of 'undressing people with their eyes'. That becomes easier when the clothes are hugging or are more revealing," Ms Hleta is quoted as saying.

However, the law excluded exposure of the body due to bre@st feeding and wearing cultural regalia, she said.

Swaziland is a patriarchal society, ruled by sub-Saharan Africa's only absolute monarch, King Mswati III.

He has 13 wives and is often accused of leading a flamboyant lifestyle.

But in a move that was widely welcomed by rights groups, Swaziland's Ellinah Wamukoya was last month consecrated as the first woman bishop in Africa by the Anglican church.

BBC News - Swaziland: Police in mini-skirt arrest threat

18 comments for "Dec 24 - Women in Swaziland risk arrest if they wear mini-skirts"

12-24-2012, 09:53 AMaway - #2
NoLedge18720 3 heat pts

d 
space
$19,589 | POWERFUL
Can't lie I was hoping to come in here and see pics of swiss women in mini skirts
 12-24-2012, 10:08 AMaway - #3
Jazzy Soul 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$13,430 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NoLedge18720
Can't lie I was hoping to come in here and see pics of swiss women in mini skirts
Reading is fundamental isn't it? Swiss people come from Switzerland, silly.

About the article, god, I am so entirely sick of women being to blame for a man's predatory actions. How about you control your di#ks and not worry about what a female is wearing. Are these men animals that can't control their baser urges? I mean wtf. A girl should be able to walk around nak3d and not be ####ed with. Just cause a girl has on a mini skirt does not give a man the right to mess with her. Maybe it's time to look within, and stop blaming women for their lack of self control.
 12-24-2012, 08:05 PMaway - #4
NoLedge18720 3 heat pts

d 
space
$19,589 | POWERFUL
Whoops. That's what happens when u quickly glance at a title
 12-24-2012, 10:24 PMaway - #5
R3KT915 

d 
space
$2,039 | 4125786
I never heard of Swaziland
 12-24-2012, 11:21 PMaway - #6
Trilluminati GA 358 heat pts358

d 
space
$34,424 | POWERFUL
let them heauxs be
 12-25-2012, 09:09 AMaway - #7
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
 12-25-2012, 12:25 PMaway - #8
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,811 | POWERFUL
Don't they already walk around nak3d?
 12-25-2012, 01:08 PMaway - #9
MeziaaL|m 1 heat pts

d 
space
$13,674 | POWERFUL
So instead of telling men not to psychologically destroy a woman by violating her body against her will via r###, we outlaw clothing style? What kind of sick twisted a$s backwards #### is this.

12-25-2012, 01:23 PMaway - #10
JamaicanDon92 253 heat pts253

d 
space
$11,381 | POWERFUL
wtf is a swaziland?
 12-25-2012, 03:38 PMaway - #11
Blue Mercury 186 heat pts186

d 
space
$1,091 | POWERFUL

Swaziland, officially the Kingdom of Swaziland (Swazi: Umbuso weSwatini), and sometimes called Ngwane or Swatini, is a landlocked country in Southern Africa, bordered to the north, south and west by South Africa, and to the east by Mozambique. The nation, as well as its people, are named after the 19th century king Mswati II.
Swaziland is a small country, no more than 200 kilometres (120 mi) north to south and 130 kilometres (81 mi) east to west. The western half is mountainous, descending to a lowveld region to the east. The eastern border with Mozambique and South Africa is dominated by the escarpment of the Leb0mbo Mountains. The climate is temperate in the west, but may reach 40 C (104 F) in summer in the lowveld. Rainfall occurs mainly in the summer and may reach 2 metres (6.6 ft) in the west. -Wiki
 12-25-2012, 09:04 PMonline - #12
Deniro732 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,522 | POWERFUL
let the attractive ####es wear w/e the #### they want
 12-26-2012, 01:59 PMonline - #13
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$9,077 | POWERFUL
my brother did a mission trip in swaziland last year... almost adopted a lil african baby haha
 12-27-2012, 09:29 AMaway - #14
Hit Em' Up 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$4,333 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jazzy Soul
Reading is fundamental isn't it? Swiss people come from Switzerland, silly.

About the article, god, I am so entirely sick of women being to blame for a man's predatory actions. How about you control your di#ks and not worry about what a female is wearing. Are these men animals that can't control their baser urges? I mean wtf. A girl should be able to walk around nak3d and not be ####ed with. Just cause a girl has on a mini skirt does not give a man the right to mess with her. Maybe it's time to look within, and stop blaming women for their lack of self control.
I disagree...if a nak3d woman thinks she can just walk past me and not get r###d she need to think again
 12-27-2012, 11:15 AMaway - #15
fatdaddy 

d 
space
$381 | 714388
Originally Posted by Hit Em' Up
I disagree...if a nak3d woman thinks she can just walk past me and not get r###d she need to think again

12-27-2012, 12:35 PMaway - #16
El_Maravilloso1 

d 
space
$2,592 | 3286515
 12-27-2012, 06:28 PMonline - #17
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,223 | 12626126
 12-27-2012, 06:31 PMaway - #18
Jazzy Soul 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$13,430 | POWERFUL
I'm not going to tell you you're retarded... I'm sure you already know.

Image inside  How to clean up nice (Dress shirts, suits, grown man ..
59 comments
Video inside  Dec 20 - They Just Shot 2 Cops in Brooklyn by Topmkins
548 comments
BOX Roy Jones Jr. dissing Floyd
168 comments
 NBA New Toronto Raptors Concept Jerseys! Possibly Next Yea...
New reply 36 seconds ago - 55 comments - by L1C4
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Losing It Over Karrueche
New reply 10 minutes ago - 102 comments - by Frankybaby
 Video inside Bow Wow Looking Real Mad On 106 N Park Final Episode
New reply 7 minutes ago - 90 comments - by VA Prime
 NBA Grizzlies Assistant Gets His Car Stolen, Players Buy H...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 123 comments - by Agentzer0oo0
 Article inside Full 63 Page Bobby Shmurda/gs9 Indictment
New reply 7 minutes ago - 283 comments - by Nickel
  Hopsin Quits Rapping
New reply 17 minutes ago - 158 comments - by BasedCali
 NBA Top 5 Most Skilled Players In The League?
New reply 7 minutes ago - 81 comments - by Hoop Dreams
 Image(s) inside Dec 19 - Monster Three-foot rat Found In New York Ci...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 129 comments - by RAZAH CUTS

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,849 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.