Dec 22 - Michael Moore: Racial Fear Drives Gun Obsession

Dec 22 - Michael Moore: Racial Fear Drives Gun Obsession
 12-26-2012, 11:48 AMaway - #61
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hbk83
I agree and disagree... I live in texas where people just love having guns.. they buy whatever new gun hits the shelf.. its just a hobby for most people I know. but I have known some people they say they need one to protect themelves.. then I always ask what are they scared of, and most say scared that they wont be able to protect their families from intruders etc... Im black most of these people are white with a few black and mexican
I agree with this. Most of these gun enthusiasts I've met just ####ing love shooting guns. Like I said, it's a high for them. Also as I said before, I guess it's a feeling of power, or even like having a 2nd di#k or something. But that is by far the majority of gun owners and why they like guns. Is there a small percentage that might be scared of minorities "swarming in and taking over?", yeah, there's always going to be crazy people, so sure, but it's a tiny percentage of the gun owners out there.

A wise strategy when trying to figure out a phenomenon is to look at the simplest answer. Most of the time, we try and hypothesize all these different scenarios, and possibilities but in the end, it's the obvious, simple answer. And that's that people love shooting guns, they love the feeling of owning guns, something of power. And that's it, it's not because they're scared some black guy is going to come bust in their house and rob them, it's because the person likes shooting guns. It's a hobby, it's like me playing basketball every week. To Joe Gun Enthusiast, that's his weekly way of having fun. To must of us who aren't around guns or people who love guns like that, it's alien, so we try and make some other kind of sense out of it, but I'm telling you, that's all it is.
 12-26-2012, 11:52 AMaway - #62
NvrCMyNut 

d 
space
$795 | 2303056
Probably/possibly. I didn't buy my glock cause i'm scared of white people though
 12-26-2012, 12:04 PMaway - #63
GST 

d 
space
$12,182 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Got Cheeve?
, so we try and make some other kind of sense out of it, but I'm telling you, that's all it is.

remind us again why the #### your word is the end all be all ?

cuz you talk about the ppl YOU met , as if to say nothing or nobody else matters
 12-26-2012, 12:04 PMaway - #64
Decan45 

d 
space
$6,773 | POWERFUL
99% of the people co-signing Moore in this thread, have absolutely nothing to do with gun culture. You don't own guns, you don't shoot guns and you don't know #### about guns. Yet you think you speak for white people, and more specifically, all gun owners. Y'all live in a bubble.
 12-26-2012, 12:06 PMaway - #65

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NvrCMyNut
Probably/possibly. I didn't buy my glock cause i'm scared of white people though

That's interesting, how about Michael Moore does a study of why inner city minorities are buying guns? What are they afraid of?

But that's not part of the agenda. We can't shine a light on that.
 12-26-2012, 12:07 PMaway - #66

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by GST
remind us again why the #### your word is the end all be all ?

cuz you talk about the ppl YOU met , as if to say nothing or nobody else matters
Why are you so mad friend?

Let's settle down here, let's let your emotions settle, and let's talk this out logically now... okay friend?

12-26-2012, 12:18 PMaway - #67
Decan45 

d 
space
$6,773 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nightmare
well first of all i never blanketed all white people with the idea that they have guns out of fear of minorities, but to deny the existence of an underlying subculture of minority fear, that exists in gun extremism, is naive.
That post wasn't directed at you in particular.

I completely disagree however, that there is an underlying subculture of minority fear in gun extremism. That is completely fabricated bull####. There is however, an underlying subculture of minority fear in racist white people. It just so happens that there are racist white people who buy guns in this country. But to twist that into a blanket statement on all gun owners, or even the majority of gun owners for that matter, is completely disingenuous and a bunch of conspiracy horse#### that no one should bother spending five minutes entertaining. You either know better, or you don't. And like I said, a lot of cats in this thread don't, because they don't know the first ####ing thing about gun culture. They have zero reference. They just have a bunch of lame a$s fantasies fueled by inferiority complexes, paranoia and ignorance. It's ironic actually, considering the argument here is based on the idea that white people are scared of minorities.

Why are guns so prevalent in our society? The answer is simple... They're alluring, fun, empowering, and a hallmark of our heritage, patriotic identity and tradition.
 12-26-2012, 12:35 PMaway - #68

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Decan45
That post wasn't directed at you in particular.

I completely disagree however, that there is an underlying subculture of minority fear in gun extremism. That is completely fabricated bull####. There is however, an underlying subculture of minority fear in racist white people. It just so happens that there are racist white people who buy guns in this country. But to twist that into a blanket statement on all gun owners, or even the majority of gun owners for that matter, is completely disingenuous and a bunch of conspiracy horse#### that no one should bother spending five minutes entertaining. You either know better, or you don't. And like I said, a lot of cats in this thread don't, because they don't know the first ####ing thing about gun culture. They have zero reference. They just have a bunch of lame a$s fantasies fueled by inferiority complexes, paranoia and ignorance. It's ironic actually, considering the argument here is based on the idea that white people are scared of minorities.

Why are guns so prevalent in our society? The answer is simple... They're alluring, fun, empowering, and a hallmark of our heritage, patriotic identity and tradition.
Get the #### out of here dude, we all know White people are racist, scared little devils, afraid of the powerful minorities who are here to takeover because white men are completely infertile and of weaker genetic makeup. That's the only reason white people have guns, because they're scared of minorities!
 12-26-2012, 01:08 PMaway - #69
GST 

d 
space
$12,182 | POWERFUL
Why are you so mad friend?

Let's settle down here, let's let your emotions settle, and let's talk this out logically now... okay friend?

go head with that passive aggressive shyt and answer the question

or just stfu already
 12-26-2012, 01:10 PMaway - #70
GST 

d 
space
$12,182 | POWERFUL
oh

that was your attempt to deflect the question
 12-26-2012, 01:10 PMaway - #71
Djkommish6 

d 
space
$2,699 | 1523360
Originally Posted by CadillacVyse
wonder what would happen if I posted this on Facebook...hahahaha
 12-26-2012, 01:13 PMaway - #72
meercy|m 

d 
space
$8,746 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
Francis Cress Welsing theorized this much long ago in the Isis Papers extensively.

here's the exact video in fact.
(I highly suggest all Black men watch all parts of this video. just a humble suggestion from a brother who cares.)

12-26-2012, 01:23 PMaway - #73
GST 

d 
space
$12,182 | POWERFUL
my uncle gave me that isis paper to read when I turned 18....it gives everything an explanation [if you're looking for one]....you tend to just sigh certain shyt off after reading that esp after you realize that there are some things that we have zero control over
 12-26-2012, 01:42 PMaway - #74
bigdog232 

d 
space
$3,103 | 6056726
you gotta be a total retard if you really think that most WHITE ppl have guns b/c they are scared of BLACK ppl or other minorities... smdh... somebody needs to slap the #### outta Michael Moore wit dis Pro-Gun Ban shyt...
 12-26-2012, 01:43 PMaway - #75

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Matt504
it's a subconscious racism born out of necessity.

white people have a fear of genetic annihilation, and it's a very real fear in fact, nothing to be sarcastic about.
Maybe some white people, but me, I give a #### about other white people. If you're white, that doesn't make us cool, that doesn't make us friends, that doesn't give us a bond from my perspective. If I were to be the only white person left on earth, I would have absolutely no problem with that, likely because I'd be considered rare and more unique/special.

Light skinned races who have gone to Africa have experienced this. Some African populations have never seen light skinned people before. David Choe, a famous Korean-American artist went to Africa and he talked about how they thought he was an alien. The kids were all amazed, touching his skin and he got the 5 star treatment from the elders.

I see your point though, people still caught up in the tribal mindstate would want their "tribe" aka whites to survive. But that's just not me. Maybe it's because I grew up around Latinos more than whites, I dunno.
 12-26-2012, 01:45 PMaway - #76

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by GST
go head with that passive aggressive shyt and answer the question

or just stfu already
 12-26-2012, 01:55 PMaway - #77
bigdog232 

d 
space
$3,103 | 6056726
Man look... this is the real about this Michael Moore interview... Michael Moore is only saying that shyt to hype up the thought that already runs through most American minds(and it seems to be true by reading this thread) that Whites still fear Blacks or other minorities. Some whites may still fear Blacks or whatever, but its not like it was back in the day. This aint the 20's, 40's, 50's or whatever. Whites aint fearing Black ppl like that. They may not like us, but thats not why they're buying guns and shyt. To understand White ppl and guns, you gotta get outta the "fear of the Black man" mind frame. Most White ppl I've come across are mostly into guns for sport and protection. And they might have other reasons, but I can guarantee you that it's not mainly for a potential race war. And the reason White ppl as well as others like me are buying up guns right now is b/c of the steady push and talks to ban guns. And sad thing is, yall fallin for this shyt Michael Moore talkin bout when he's probably getting paid to spread an anti-gun message so ppl can actually consider a gun ban... gotta wake up man... you being played...
 12-26-2012, 02:03 PMaway - #78
foshomoney 63 heat pts63

d 
space
$21,290 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by nightmare

black panthers found loophole that let them carrying rifles and shotguns in public, those rednecks didnt want to here #### about the 2nd amendment then, all they wanted was gun control
 12-26-2012, 02:18 PMaway - #79
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bigdog232
Man look... this is the real about this Michael Moore interview... Michael Moore is only saying that shyt to hype up the thought that already runs through most American minds(and it seems to be true by reading this thread) that Whites still fear Blacks or other minorities. Some whites may still fear Blacks or whatever, but its not like it was back in the day. This aint the 20's, 40's, 50's or whatever. Whites aint fearing Black ppl like that. They may not like us, but thats not why they're buying guns and shyt. To understand White ppl and guns, you gotta get outta the "fear of the Black man" mind frame. Most White ppl I've come across are mostly into guns for sport and protection. And they might have other reasons, but I can guarantee you that it's not mainly for a potential race war. And the reason White ppl as well as others like me are buying up guns right now is b/c of the steady push and talks to ban guns. And sad thing is, yall fallin for this shyt Michael Moore talkin bout when he's probably getting paid to spread an anti-gun message so ppl can actually consider a gun ban... gotta wake up man... you being played...
The more things chance, the more they stay the same my dude......these peopel buying guns are well aware of this country social structure that is dramatically changing........you said it yourself its for protection....who do you think they think they need protection from? With all the "Take our country back rhetoric" you dont think there was some under lying themes in that......I understand your concern.....but this is not anti-gun.....its anti bat #### white people who are scared ####less they are loosing thier freedoms and their country to every one else who is not like them.
 12-26-2012, 02:26 PMaway - #80
GST 

d 
space
$12,182 | POWERFUL

the pic ID on that jpg says 'troll.me'

you sir have succeeded

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Whats the most you ever spent on a pair of kicks?
74 comments
Image inside  Wifey Material
85 comments
Video inside  Madden Lost
56 comments
 Video inside What $1,000 Rent Looks Like In America
New reply 7 minutes ago - 93 comments - by Sin
 NBA {laker Nation} Franchise Altering Trade On The Horizon...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 89 comments - by Bastille
 Video inside Realest Sh*t On Film...sh*t That Made U Feel It
New reply 11 minutes ago - 51 comments - by TrillTalk404
 Image(s) inside Holy Sh-t Did Anyone Ever Buy This Garbage?
New reply 34 minutes ago - 111 comments - by Chedda
 NBA Quote From Upcoming Kobe Documentary
New reply 18 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Jiraiya
 Image(s) inside Young Thug N His Hubbie :iseeyou2:
New reply 37 minutes ago - 213 comments - by Scarface96
 NFL Top 5 Wide Receivers Right Now
New reply 19 minutes ago - 55 comments - by tre0624
  How Is Madden This Year?
New reply 38 minutes ago - 52 comments - by The Bearded One

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.