b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Dec 22 - Another Case of Adverse Possession. Man says he will teach how to do it for free..:kobelol:

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Dec 22 - Another Case of Adverse Possession. Man says he will teach how to do it for free..:kobelol:
topic by supervillain - 12-22-2011, 06:30 PM

video:
Man moves into empty home, lives rent and mortgage free | www.wsbtv.com
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. —

A Douglas County man said he can show anyone how to legally occupy vacant, foreclosed homes. It's a new twist on a scheme Channel 2 Action News exposed last year. Roderick Walker's clients file an Affidavit of Adverse Possession and move right into the house.

"A lot of these houses are just in limbo, it's nobody's house," said Walker. "The bank says it's theirs, which they stole it too, it's fraudulent,"

Walker said he's helped at least 15 people so far, and most haven't had any issues. In fact, Walker said several times police have shown up, looked at the paperwork and then left his clients alone.

"I moved here in July, and I've had no problems whatsoever," said Walker, of his three-bedroom, 2 1/2-bath home on Mackenzie Court in Douglasville. It was once worth nearly $300,000. Walker paid nothing.

"That sounds a little too good to be true," asked Channel 2 investigative reporter Jodie Fleischer.

"I hear that all the time, Jodie, all the time," Walker responded. "I get these crazy looks on a lot of people's faces."

He said with his house, the owners just walked away. It hasn't even been foreclosed on yet. He runs a Facebook page advertising his adverse possession services, with pictures of beautiful homes literally for the taking. But it isn't without risk.

Har'rell Chisolm got caught in the bank's eviction process against the prior owner of a house on Prestley Mill Road. Deputies dumped all of Chisolm's belongings on the front lawn, most of which were broken or stolen, while he was in jail for criminal trespassing.

"All my personal papers, everything; I mean my whole entire life is gone," said Chisolm. "It wasn't a fire. It's unacceptable, because all they had to do is do what I was doing. I was following a law, that's it," he added.

Chisolm said he had already notified the sheriff's office and foreclosure attorney that he was challenging ownership on the house. He believes the bank's foreclosure is fraudulent, based on different signatures for a man named Troy Crouse, who was the subject of a Channel 2 investigation, into robo-signing and questionable foreclosures.

"It's not a criminal thing, it's a civil matter," said Chisolm. "They have seven years to contest it and file in superior court, show up with their documents and proof, and then you start the process of eviction. Or I can leave on my own."

He said he still plans to f!ght the foreclosure in court, and eventually move back in. Under Georgia's Adverse Possession law, if he successfully lives there for seven years, the house legally becomes his.

It's a law originally designed to address property disputes, for example, questions about property lines between neighbors.

"It's a law," said Chisolm. "If they want to no longer have this issue, then they need to do something about getting rid of that law."

But the law does have a stipulation that the adverse possession must not have originated with fraud. It does not specifically define what's fraudulent, or say anything about taking over a house.

Fleischer left several messages for Douglas County District Attorney David McDade to weigh in on the legality of all of this. His a$sistant said he was unavailable.
the facebook page..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adver...19985908026933

12 comments for "Dec 22 - Another Case of Adverse Possession. Man says he will teach how to do it for free..:kobelol:"

12-22-2011, 06:42 PMaway - #2
supervillain 194 heat pts194

d 
space
$12,383 | POWERFUL
for those of you that dont know the real history of the law read this book:

im currently reading it rigntnow..Im not even half way through tho..but to sum it up. Back in the day, white ppl/kkk would run black families out of there homes or ban black ppl from entering their town after 6pm or when the sun went down. So, when they kicked the black ppl out of their houses they would take over the property..so when the ppl came back to the house or town...there was nothing they could do because the house was occupied. They basically abandoned the home so who ever occupied the home after a certain amount of time, it was theres to keep.

This is where the law originated. The specifics of the law in each state are different but they all originated from racism and hatred.

...these dudes are just catching on to it. But i have feeling that they are gonna fix this law soon...

Last edited by supervillain; 12-22-2011 at 06:46 PM..
 12-23-2011, 01:41 PMaway - #3
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mathematic

im currently reading it rigntnow..Im not even half way through tho..but to sum it up. Back in the day, white ppl/kkk would run black families out of there homes or ban black ppl from entering their town after 6pm or when the sun went down. So, when they kicked the black ppl out of their houses they would take over the property..so when the ppl came back to the house or town...there was nothing they could do because the house was occupied. They basically abandoned the home so who ever occupied the home after a certain amount of time, it was theres to keep.

This is where the law originated. The specifics of the law in each state are different but they all originated from racism and hatred.

...these dudes are just catching on to it. But i have feeling that they are gonna fix this law soon...

you already know they gonna fix just like the fixed the gun laws in the 60's
 12-23-2011, 02:36 PMaway - #4
TheKastOne 

d 
space
$1,566 | 2272554
Bookmarked, there is a house down the road from me that been abandoned for years.
 12-23-2011, 04:26 PMaway - #5
Alixix 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$4,411 | POWERFUL
lol and the people in the comment section of that website seem pretttttty mad about it
 12-23-2011, 05:58 PMaway - #6
carltouss619 8 heat pts

d 
space
$8,999 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mathematic

damn this reminded of that book I wanted to read.
 12-23-2011, 07:47 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$12,383 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dos-effect
you already know they gonna fix just like the fixed the gun laws in the 60's
what law are you talking about? please elaborate.

Originally Posted by Alixix
lol and the people in the comment section of that website seem pretttttty mad about it
you know they are....
Originally Posted by carltouss619
damn this reminded of that book I wanted to read.
it is the same book...im the one who put you on to it.. they got it on amazon used for about $8 with shipping.

12-24-2011, 07:18 AMonline - #8
WhoNextWithPlex 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$7,344 | POWERFUL
^^^ if a thread got made that said "apples are better than oranges" somebody would accuse black people of taking a loss for liking oranges, then somebody would come in and say white people invented apples to taste better than oranges to keep the black man down, then somebody would say oranges gotta do better. its how boxden does.
 12-24-2011, 11:41 AMaway - #9
Skeetx3.2 7 heat pts

d 
space
$1,119 | 6663406
Originally Posted by WhoNextWithPlex
^^^ if a thread got made that said "apples are better than oranges" somebody would accuse black people of taking a loss for liking oranges, then somebody would come in and say white people invented apples to taste better than oranges to keep the black man down, then somebody would say oranges gotta do better. its how boxden does.

man, on some real ####... oranges gotta do better. they can't keep letting those apples oppress them can't blame apples for your troubles all your Life
 12-24-2011, 01:01 PMaway - #10
dbullet878 5 heat pts

d 
space
$308 | 2966998
Originally Posted by Skeetx3.2
man, on some real ####... oranges gotta do better. they can't keep letting those apples oppress them can't blame apples for your troubles all your Life
 12-24-2011, 02:06 PMaway - #11
Skeetx3.2 7 heat pts

d 
space
$1,119 | 6663406
Originally Posted by dbullet878

You think this citrus #### is a game ni##a!?

I'm willing to die for this vitamin C #### cuh
 12-24-2011, 03:06 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$12,383 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Skeetx3.2

NBA Rondo era is over in Boston. RT @SportsCenter Celtics ag..
252 comments
NBA So where does Rajon Rondo help the Mavs finish at this s..
102 comments
NFL Defensive rookie of the year candidates: Aaron Donald, C..
126 comments
 Video inside Watch What Happens When This Angry Woman Attempts To D...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Roo 50
  Hopsin Quits Rapping
New reply 19 minutes ago - 123 comments - by BasedCali
 Article inside Full 63 Page Bobby Shmurda/gs9 Indictment
New reply 5 minutes ago - 210 comments - by Nickel
 Video inside [exclusive] New Video Of Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Being...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 313 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside Iggy Azalea Slams Azealia Banks, Calls Her A 'miserabl...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 82 comments - by all3rd
  Halo 5 Beta Starts Dec 19 - 21 For Preview Members Only
New reply 27 minutes ago - 113 comments - by LaRy BLanco
 Video inside Amber Rose Twerking For Bhris Brown
New reply 11 minutes ago - 122 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Dec 18 - Tsarnaev Appears In Court For 1st Time Since ...
New reply 1 hour ago - 108 comments - by phantomnation

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,901 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,850 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.