online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Aug 28 - Wendy Williams Taps Robin Givens For Biopic:

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

08-28-2007, 01:14 PM         #1
6747 page views
0 comments

Mileena 
Props total:    Slaps total:  
Aug 28 - Wendy Williams Taps Robin Givens For Biopic:

Wendy Williams Taps Robin Givens For Biopic: "I Know She's Only 90 Lbs [But] Who Do I Look Like?"

With the film based on her life due in theatres early 2008, SOHH caught up with Wendy Williams to discuss the arduous casting process and to learn how Robin Givens landed the star role, playing radio queen.

Last year Williams held casting calls throughout the country searching for an actress to portray her in Queen of Media, a full-length feature film based on her New York Times best seller, Wendy's got the Heat. The casting process turned up a lot of Wendy look-a-likes but their mouthpieces just didn't match up.

"To me, diction was more important than anything," Wendy told SOHH. "I don't care if you look like my twin, I'm a radio personality. There's so much speaking in the movie. You've got to have the talk."

Williams and crew finally decided on an actress from Philadelphia and filming commenced on what was then billed as a straight to DVD movie. Two days into the filming process a Hollywood entity expressed interest in getting involved with the project, on one condition. "They said the one thing you have to do is you have to get a person that is more recognizable to play you."

The role eventually went to Robin Givens who Wendy admits doesn't quite look the part.

"I know she's only 5 feet 2 and I know she's only 90 pounds [but] who do I look like," Williams asked? "I'm 5 feet 11. I can't think of who could play me, who actually looks it, therefore [we went] with someone who speaks well and Robin did a good job."

Filming for the Queen of Media wrapped this summer, leaving Wendy to reflect on the time and money she spent on the project.

"If somebody told me Summer 2007 I wouldn't be able to get the bag of the season for the fall because all of my money was spent making a movie, I would never guess," Wendy told SOHH. "But I've never been so happy about investing in myself."

[↪ Watch exclusive video clips from the Wendy Williams interview here]

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+349
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+416
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+525
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish