This is BX @ Boxden.com

Apr 9 - Arizona bill declares women pregnant two weeks before conception

Apr 9 - Arizona bill declares women pregnant two weeks before conception
topic by Ham Rove - 04-09-2012, 08:09 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

A new bill up for vote in the state of Arizona would ban abortions for some expectant mothers, but that’s only the start of what lawmakers have in store. If the legislation passes, the state will consider a child to exist even before conception.

Under Arizona’s H.B. 2036, the state would recognize the start of the unborn child’s life to be the first day of its mother’s last menstrual period. The legislation is being proposed so that lawmakers can outlaw abortions on fetuses past the age of 20-weeks, but the verbiage its authors use to construct a time cycle for the baby would mean that the start of the child's life could very well occur up to two weeks before the mother and father even ponder procreating.

On page eight of the proposed amendment to H.B. 2036, lawmakers lay out the “gestational age” of the child to be “calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman,” and from there, outlaws abortion “if the probable gestational age of [the] unborn child has been determined to be at least twenty weeks.”

The architects of the amendment say that prohibiting abortion after 20 weeks — except in cases of medical emergency — is necessary for the safety of both mother and child. By designating a life to begin weeks before even possible, however, some critics are condemning Arizona lawmakers for looking for a way to involve itself in abortion matters before it can even become an issue.

“Certainly, they are trying move the gestational cutoff from what had been over the last two years a 20-week gestational cutoff to an 18-week gestational cutoff,” Guttmacher Institute’s State Issues Manager Elizabeth Nash tells Raw Story. “At the same time, they are trying to say, ‘Oh, this is a 20-week abortion ban.’ And they get away with that with the definition of gestational age that’s in the bill.”

“Considering that it’s anti-choice nuts we’re talking about, it’s safe to a$sume that they’d simply prefer a situation where all women of reproductive age are considered to be pregnant, on the grounds that they could be two weeks from now,” RH Reality Check’s Amanda Marcotte adds in a recently-penned editorial. “Better safe than sorry, especially if that mentality means you get to exert maximum control over the bodies of women of reproductive age.”

In extending her support for the legislation, however, sponsor Nancy Barto, a Republican senator representing the Phoenix, Arizona area says that fetuses are able to feel pain after the 20-week mark. Also favoring the proposal, Senator Steve Smith (R-Maricopa) adds that lawmakers also need to consider “the 50 million-plus children who have been k!lled” since the US Supreme Court legalized abortion in Roe v Wade.

"I would like to listen to the 50 million-plus children that have been aborted and k!lled since Roe v. Wade,'' the senator says."I would like to listen to what they think of this bill.''

Mother Jones adds in their own reporting, however, that while the law could be explained as an effort to deter complications that come from late-term abortions, opening up the window for the gestational age to begin before conception can hurt the parents in the long run. Essentially the act would outlaw abortion after 18 weeks, not 20 as the legislation claims, which could keep some concerned parents from making a decision about pregnancy before some medical procedures that gauge the health of the child are able to be determined. While some tests can be conducted soon after conception to catch potential life-threatening conditions and other impairments, outlawing abortions after the eighteenth week could keep parents from opting for abortion after other tests can be carried out (before the 20-week mark).

H.B. 2036 passed in the Arizona Senator by 20-to-10 and will soon go before the state’s House. To Raw Story, Elizabeth Nash says she believes the bill has a “very good chances of passage.”
Arizona bill declares women pregnant two weeks before conception — RT

But there is no war on women> Apr 9 - Arizona bill declares women pregnant two weeks before conception - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below! and AZ leading the way in primitive legislation.

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

175 comments for "Apr 9 - Arizona bill declares women pregnant two weeks before conception"

04-10-2012, 10:13 AMaway - #2
KFrizzle 269 heat pts269

d 
space
$5,614 | POWERFUL
Essentially the act would outlaw abortion after 18 weeks — except in cases of medical emergency

Abortion is di$gusting...

If you don't know in 3 months after being pregnant weather you want the kid or not, WTF you doing even having s3x. And after that point, why would you take a human's life when ppl will adopt any child now-a-days
 04-10-2012, 10:24 AMaway - #3
M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,580 | POWERFUL
bible thumpers are getting out of control
 04-10-2012, 10:25 AMaway - #4
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KFrizzle
Essentially the act would outlaw abortion after 18 weeks — except in cases of medical emergency

Abortion is di$gusting...

If you don't know in 3 months after being pregnant weather you want the kid or not, WTF you doing even having s3x. And after that point, why would you take a human's life when ppl will adopt any child now-a-days
You know what is di$gusting? Forcing your personal and often religious beliefs on others and enact laws to enforce those beliefs. You don't like abortions? Then don't have one, but allow others to make that same choice without your continual interference.

I mean who gives you or anyone for that matter the right to make that decision for others?

Its non of your business what women decide to do in private. If a woman wants to have an abortion, what right do you have to stop her? What part of that do you and Republicans in general don't get? You constantly call for smaller government, yet intrude into the most private aspects of other people's lives.

I love your comment about why are they having s3x if they don't want a kid. I have s3x every night with my fiance and we don't want kids. So now you want to stop people from having s3x if it isn't for procreation? That is just absurd, intrusive and overstepping many boundaries.

Last edited by matelyan; 04-10-2012 at 10:28 AM..
 04-10-2012, 10:42 AMaway - #5
Eddie..|M 7 heat pts

d 
space
$15,066 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by matelyan
I mean who gives you or anyone for that matter the right to make that decision for others?
the ignorance and irony in this statement alone is pretty di$gusting as well

Abortion is wrong because you are taking someone's life

That's got nothing to do with religion does it?

The de@th Penalty is wrong too
 04-10-2012, 10:48 AMaway - #6
WillScrillz5000 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,976 | 8800122
the de@th penalty isn't wrong, imo.
 04-10-2012, 10:58 AMaway - #7
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Eddie..

Religion HAS EVERYTHING to do with it,
 04-10-2012, 10:58 AMaway - #8
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Eddie..

How am I being ignorant. If my fiance and I want an abortion, we have every right to. If my sister, mom, niece, friend or cousins want to have abortions, then they should be able to. It is legal under our constitution. So where is the ignorant part at?

Plus I don't see it as murd3r anyway. And since I conceived the fetus with said female, I don't think it is any of your business or the governments if we abort that fetus.

I've had 4 abortions with 3 different women. And I still don't consider any one of those incidents murd3r. And neither did my state.

So you see it as murd3r, and I see it as taking responsibility and not bringing a child into this world that I neither wanted or care for.
 04-10-2012, 11:00 AMaway - #9
KFrizzle 269 heat pts269

d 
space
$5,614 | POWERFUL
You know what is di$gusting? Forcing your personal and often religious beliefs on others and enact laws to enforce those beliefs. You don't like abortions? Then don't have one, but allow others to make that same choice without your continual interference.
Its non of your business what women decide to do in private. If a woman wants to have an abortion, what right do you have to stop her? What part of that do you and Republicans in general don't get? You constantly call for smaller government, yet intrude into the most private aspects of other people's lives.
I love your comment about why are they having s3x if they don't want a kid. I have s3x every night with my fiance and we don't want kids. So now you want to stop people from having s3x if it isn't for procreation? That is just absurd, intrusive and overstepping many boundaries.
What does this bill have to do about religion. The bill is simply to protect the unborn child, who has no voice in this.
It is still giving every women the right to choose if she want the kid or not?

I do believe that gov. should stay out of our bedrooms, but don't you think there needs to be a voice for the Unborn child... When the baby is injected with acid to k!ll the kid, it should not be done in a time were the living being can feel the pain. What if that was me or you? Now not all kids die when they are aborted some times they are born alive. And so that doesn't happen we need to limit when is the cut off point.

Obviously I am not saying don't have s3x. But we need to be responsible. Abortion should not be the only form of Birth Control. It seems like ppl now-a-days don't seem anything wrong with k!lling the kid they made. I've read countless post online, even some on BX, where ppl say they have had more than one abortion... Now like you I often have s3x w/ my GF, and if she ever accidentally got pregnant abortion would be our absolute last option.
Even if the kid were born with any defects or mental illnesses, there are countless ppl out there who would gladly adopt the child.
 04-10-2012, 11:04 AMaway - #10
KFrizzle 269 heat pts269

d 
space
$5,614 | POWERFUL
The impact of abortion on the African-American community has become a serious crisis, but is only now beginning to get much attention. Dr. Alveda King, the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, said: “Abortion is a racist, genocidal act. Children are the future. When you destroy your children, you destroy hope.”

What is the leading cause of de@th for African-Americans? Common answers range from cancer or heart disease to gang violence. Tragically, the correct answer is abortion. More African-Americans have died from abortion than have died from AIDS, accidents, violent crimes, cancer, and heart disease combined.

African Americans comprise 13% of the population, yet African American women have 35% of abortions. Their abortion rate is three times higher than average and four times the rate for white women. Since the Roe v. Wade decision, nearly 17 million black babies have been aborted, reducing the potential black population by almost one third.
Margaret Sanger, was a huge proponent of getting abortion into law...
Also this #### was a Huge racist, spoke to the KKK and everything...
She is one di$gusting racist, who partly wanted to use abortion to rid the US of minorities
 04-10-2012, 11:05 AMaway - #11
CS35 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,162 | POWERFUL
de@th pen def not wrong why should we pay for them to sit up in prison, do you realize how much one inmate cost a years? It's crazy put a bullet in their head move along. As far as abortion it should be determined by the situation,r###, handicapped, doped up mother, ect.
 04-10-2012, 11:09 AMaway - #12
CS35 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,162 | POWERFUL
How am I being ignorant. If my fiance and I want an abortion, we have every right to. If my sister, mom, niece, friend or cousins want to have abortions, then they should be able to. It is legal under our constitution. So where is the ignorant part at?

Plus I don't see it as murd3r anyway. And since I conceived the fetus with said female, I don't think it is any of your business or the governments if we abort that fetus.

I've had 4 abortions with 3 different women. And I still don't consider any one of those incidents murd3r. And neither did my state.

So you see it as murd3r, and I see it as taking responsibility and not bringing a child into this world that I neither wanted or care for.
If you just offin babies cuz you don't want them then you a worse than a murd3rer and should be removed from this earth. Wear a ####in rubber if you ain't prepared to get someone knocked up talkin bout 4 abortions gtfo wtf kinda person are you. Shouldnt be allowed to reproduce period
 04-10-2012, 11:10 AMaway - #13
KFrizzle 269 heat pts269

d 
space
$5,614 | POWERFUL
This a great example of how lazy are country is becoming...
Lets k!ll the kid, instead of taking responsibility...

You've agreed to the de@th of more ppl than OJ simpson murd3red..

Kids who could have been the next Micheal Jordan, Albert Einstein.

I literally threw up in my mouth...
 04-10-2012, 11:12 AMaway - #14
noverum 

d 
space
$1,639 | 16007121
Although I don't agree with this bill, the argument you make is a red herring. You could make the exact same argument in demanding a person have the right to commit homicides. The issue here is a lot more complicated than can be done justice by categorising it as the imposing of one's beliefs onto others.
What you're effectively doing is exercising personal judgement to determine what can be considered a "belief" and what should be considered a crime, and then forcing your evaluation onto others. That's hypocritical.

edit :

? What part of that do you and Republicans in general don't get? You constantly call for smaller government, yet intrude into the most private aspects of other people's lives.
You're confusing the issues. Libertarians (and some republicans) want a decrease in the level of authority licensed to the federal government. When it comes to abortions, there is a looming question mark over whether or not the k!lling of an unborn child can be considered a violation of another individual's rights. No human right gives you a licence to take away another individual's liberty; whether it be life or freedom.

Last edited by noverum; 04-10-2012 at 11:17 AM..
 04-10-2012, 11:12 AMaway - #15
CS35 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,162 | POWERFUL

I agree I would never tell anyone that again might get your head kicked in
 04-10-2012, 11:13 AMaway - #16
KFrizzle 269 heat pts269

d 
space
$5,614 | POWERFUL

Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general..

You know protection ($1 condom) will prevent you from getting another baby k!lled right??
 04-10-2012, 11:14 AMaway - #17
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by corys35
If you just offin babies cuz you don't want them then you a worse than a murd3rer and should be removed from this earth. Wear a ####in rubber if you ain't prepared to get someone knocked up talkin bout 4 abortions gtfo wtf kinda person are you. Shouldnt be allowed to reproduce period
I’m sorry you feel that way. I have no remorse and do not feel that I have done anything wrong. You should focus more on your own life and leave others alone. For I am not judging you for things that I might not agree with. Whatever happened to live and let live. Now you’re wishing de@th upon me because of actions I have taken in my past, which have no bearing on your own life. How does that make sense to you, because it seems pretty ridiculous to me.
 04-10-2012, 11:16 AMaway - #18
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL

What people? They were fetuses. And they were aborted at the earliest point possible.
 04-10-2012, 11:17 AMaway - #19
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL

Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general..

You know protection ($1 condom) will prevent you from getting another baby k!lled right??
I've never k!lled a baby. I have however paid for the abortion of fetuses. So I don't understand how you keep referring to what I did as murd3r. For if that was the case wouldn't I be in jail somewhere in California right now.

I swear some people love to be all up in others mix.
 04-10-2012, 11:20 AMaway - #20
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by corys35
I agree I would never tell anyone that again might get your head kicked in
I'm in California and don't have to worry about silly, ignorant ####s attempting to get violent with me over something I legally did. I'm sure in your neck of the woods that kind of bull#### is condoned, but not here in sunny SoCal.

Plus if someone did try to come to my home and start trouble over my abortion history, then I would finally be guilty of k!lling a person. For I would unload on you or any other ####wad coming to mess with me over having abortions.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
55 comments
NFL No Bias: Cam, Kaep or Rivers?
51 comments
NFL Official Predict your squads record thread.
69 comments
 Image(s) inside Apparently Dude "tried" To Snatch Quavo (mig...
New reply 49 seconds ago - 113 comments - by Just Jimmy
  So, Yeah.. A Little Worried About "the Order: 188...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Ctrllers
  Actress Judy Greer Was A Hollywood Plant To Ruin M.kni...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 59 comments - by JaYYo
  Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
New reply 19 minutes ago - 290 comments - by AlienGod
 Article inside Floyd Mayweather Sr: 50 Cent Should Fight My Son, That...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 145 comments - by yo0123yo
 Video inside The Truth About Beats By Dre!!! (mkbhd)
New reply 22 minutes ago - 155 comments - by calviiin
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 4 minutes ago - 82 comments - by PotheadFocker
  Aug 31 - 9-year-old Is Executed: Where's The Outrage?
New reply 23 minutes ago - 97 comments - by pa_general

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.