This is BX @ Boxden.com

Apr 27 - George Zimmerman's website collects staggering $200,000 in donations in only two weeks

Apr 27 - George Zimmerman's website collects staggering $200,000 in donations in only two weeks
24 topic by ThatHustle - 04-27-2012, 02:32 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

April 27 - George Zimmerman's website collects staggering $200,000 in donations in only two weeks - ThatHustle.com

George Zimmerman appears for a bond hearing with his attorney Mark O'Mara earlier this month.

George Zimmerman's amateurish website was only online for two weeks, but it collected a staggering $200,000 in donations, his lawyer said Thursday.

Zimmerman launched the site on April 9, two days before he was arrested and charged with murd3r for shooting Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black Florida teenager.

On the site, he portrayed himself as a victim of racial politics and asked “my supporters” to send funds for his living and legal expenses.

“In talking to George after I was trying to shut down his full Internet presence, he asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts,” Zimmerman lawyer Mark O’Mara told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “I asked him what he was talking about, and he said . . . there was about $204,000 that had come in to date.”

Source: NY Daily News

April 27 - George Zimmerman's website collects staggering $200,000 in donations in only two weeks - ThatHustle.com

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

126 comments for "Apr 27 - George Zimmerman's website collects staggering $200,000 in donations in only two weeks"

04-27-2012, 03:00 AMaway - #2
memyselfni 9 heat pts

d 
space
$2,551 | 6326432
his lying a$s should be sent back to jail.

Martin attorney: Zimmerman misled court about money

The attorney for Trayvon Martin's family says George Zimmerman should be back in jail because he failed to tell a judge he had $204,000 during a recent bond hearing.
"They tried to portray themselves as indigent that they did not have any money," said Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump. "We think the court should revoke his bond immediately, and he should be held accountable for misleading the court."

Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murd3r in the fatal shooting of unarmed 17-year-old Martin, has been given about $204,000 from supporters his lawyer Mark O'Mara said Thursday.
The donations Zimmerman received will be discussed Friday at a court hearing in Florida, O'Mara said.
O'Mara told CNN's "AC360" that Zimmerman told him Wednesday of the donations as they were trying to shut down his Internet presence to avoid concerns about possible impersonators and problems with his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

"He asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts, and I asked him what he was talking about," O'Mara told Anderson Cooper. "He said those were the accounts that had the money from the website he had. And there was about ... $204,000 that had come in to date."

O'Mara had said earlier this month that he believed Zimmerman had no money. "I think he's indigent for costs," he said, adding that Zimmerman's relatives had few a$sets.
Zimmerman, 28, was released Monday on $150,000 bail, 10% of which his family put up to secure his release. He is accused in the February 26 de@th of Martin, who was African-American.

Asked whether knowledge of the money might have made a difference to Judge Kenneth Lester Jr., who presided at Zimmerman's bond hearing, O'Mara said, "It might have."
O'Mara continued, "I'm certainly going to disclose it to the court tomorrow -- coincidentally, we have a hearing."
The hearing was originally scheduled to discuss issues about the unsealing of Zimmerman's criminal file, but the donations could overshadow that issue.

Crump said Zimmerman's failure to reveal that he had the money shows that he is being dishonest.
"If his testimony at the bond hearing is any indication of what is to come, then the lying has already begun," Crump said.
O'Mara said he was prepared to "deal with any fallout," but predicted Lester would not feel misled. "I told him what I knew at the time, which was exactly what I was aware of."
The money has been placed in a secure account since O'Mara learned about it, he said, adding, "Nobody's touching it until we figure out how to handle it."

But criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos said Lester might not react benignly. "I know a lot of judges who would remand the guy back into custody immediately," he said. "If you've got more money stashed in an account and you could just pay the bond and be gone, that gives a lot of judges concern."

Though the account has been closed, O'Mara said he intends to open a legal defense fund for Zimmerman. "I've had dozens, hundreds actually, of people wanting to donate," he said.
O'Mara, who said he charges $400 per hour for family law cases, estimated Zimmerman's defense costs could reach $1 million. "You can really go through a lot of money on a case like this, with the intensity of it," he said.

04-27-2012, 03:11 AMaway - #3
JackMeHoff 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$2,469 | POWERFUL

#### that ####.

Last edited by JackMeHoff; 04-27-2012 at 03:13 AM..
 04-27-2012, 03:51 AMaway - #4
Kingpin 313 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$13,833 | POWERFUL
I told you ni##as the KKK got him covered
 04-27-2012, 05:30 AMaway - #5
VANS MASLOW 2 heat pts

d 
space
$301 | 1808120
And this thread isnt getting views but the one with him having alleged african blood (doesn't everybody tho?) is? Tho it's irrelevant it's only there to stop racial debates though trayvon was racially profiled SMH. Boxden is full of Zimmerman supporters trayvon haters
 04-27-2012, 05:32 AMaway - #6
VANS MASLOW 2 heat pts

d 
space
$301 | 1808120
This is big cuz now he got money stashed away and he's out on bail, are we gonna allow this man to walk freely?
 04-27-2012, 05:36 AMonline - #7
Ham Rove 2025 heat pts2025

d 
space
$37,065 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by VANS MASLOW
This is big cuz now he got money stashed away and he's out on bail, are we gonna allow this man to walk freely?
I mean he does have a GPS thing on him along with a curfew, if he made a run for it i like to think it would be pretty easy to get em.
 04-27-2012, 05:45 AMaway - #8
supervillain 192 heat pts192

d 
space
$12,215 | POWERFUL
Unbelievable....

No ####ing way a black dude would get all these ####ing chances. Let alone $200,000 for support? No ####ing way..
 04-27-2012, 05:49 AMaway - #9
Skip Jr 3 heat pts

d 
space
$482 | 3352965
i'm proud to say that i contributed to that fund :D
 04-27-2012, 05:58 AMaway - #10
jlandryst 1544 heat pts1544

d 
space
$3,703 | POWERFUL
first page....
 04-27-2012, 06:51 AMaway - #11
Chief Dee 6 heat pts

d 
space
$10,241 | POWERFUL
It's kinda funny how Zimmermaniacs say, "wait for the facts" but yet will donate money to Zimmerman BEFORE a verdict can be rendered. So what if he ends up being guilty? You've basically just gave your money to a convicted murd3rer. I wonder if all these "wait for the facts" Zimmermaniacs will ask for their money back if he's found guilty. Probably not since Zimmerman's guilt/innocence was NEVER important to them.

That's how I know that Zimmermaniacs are full of ####, they live vicariously through this dude because most of them fear black people too and racially profile others too but are too scared to actually go out and shoot a black man. So Zimmerman goes and shoots a black male and they feel empowered. None of them ever really cared if he was guilty or not, he just got to do what most of them dream of doing but dont have the stones to do.
 04-27-2012, 07:04 AMaway - #12
Coo Coo Cal 4 heat pts

d 
space
$953 | 5416607
Originally Posted by Chief Dee
It's kinda funny how Zimmermaniacs say, "wait for the facts" but yet will donate money to Zimmerman BEFORE a verdict can be rendered. So what if he ends up being guilty? You've basically just gave your money to a convicted murd3rer. I wonder if all these "wait for the facts" Zimmermaniacs will ask for their money back if he's found guilty. Probably not since Zimmerman's guilt/innocence was NEVER important to them.

That's how I know that Zimmermaniacs are full of ####, they live vicariously through this dude because most of them fear black people too and racially profile others too but are too scared to actually go out and shoot a black man. So Zimmerman goes and shoots a black male and they feel empowered. None of them ever really cared if he was guilty or not, he just got to do what most of them dream of doing but dont have the stones to do.
truth
 04-27-2012, 07:25 AMaway - #13
TB 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$13,221 | POWERFUL
 04-27-2012, 07:41 AMaway - #14
erickonasis 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$13,636 | POWERFUL
I guess the message is...Kill a black man and get paid...

and the some people wonder why kids are out here beatin the #### out of these Vigilantes.

Last edited by erickonasis; 04-27-2012 at 01:18 PM..
 04-27-2012, 07:42 AMaway - #15
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts

d 
space
$858 | 6972377

:applause::applause::applause:
 04-27-2012, 07:45 AMaway - #16
erickonasis 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$13,636 | POWERFUL

POTW....
 04-27-2012, 07:48 AMaway - #17
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
2012 aint no joke, they are really trying to keep this man out of jail
 04-27-2012, 07:50 AMaway - #18
infamxus 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$5,377 | POWERFUL
 04-27-2012, 09:46 AMaway - #19
notoriousthugzz 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$16,341 | POWERFUL
So this is what white people look like nowadays huh?

lets lynch this racist cracka!
 04-27-2012, 10:15 AMaway - #20
Screwhead|m 173 heat pts173

d 
space
$14,774 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WE WILL RISE
THERE CAN BE NO WINNING IN THIS SCANDAL. YOU ARE ALL BEING PLAYED FOR PAWNS BY THE MEDIA.

Trayvon Martin is dead for having a bag of Skittles. Justice MUST be held. End of discussion. That is the ONE thing we can all agree on.

The media is deliberately trying to divide this country in half and instigate a race war. Think about it. There just is no way anybody can have an opinion on this without offending someone else.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
69 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers the worst manufactured Superteam i..
78 comments
 NBA Espn First Take: Nash Or Iverson: Who's The Better Pla...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 189 comments - by JNumbaNC
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Is Scared Of Black Fighters
New reply 2 hours ago - 70 comments - by Blue Mercury
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 46 minutes ago - 158 comments - by JewsusChrist
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 2 hours ago - 125 comments - by foshomoney
 Image(s) inside Wealthy Woman Ask "must I Give Out Halloween Cand...
New reply 52 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Daaaaamn My Nigga French Montana Back
New reply 2 hours ago - 101 comments - by SHADOW
 Image(s) inside Alfie From Old Nick Show "my Brother & Me&quo...
New reply 2 hours ago - 83 comments - by KleanKutt100
  Oct 23 - Substitute Teacher Gives Student A Bj On Her ...
New reply 3 hours ago - 153 comments - by ima80baby

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,797 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.