This is BX @ Boxden.com

Apr 26 - Southern Soul Singer Reggie P Dies

Apr 26 - Southern Soul Singer Reggie P Dies
topic by asexy14u2c - 04-26-2011, 09:59 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

For several years Pettus was with the Bar-Kays before going solo. He became known as the 'Prince and Badd Boy of Southern Soul' music.

Former Bar-Kays member and songwriter Mark Bynum knew Pettus well.

Bynum said, "I really feel in my heart Reggie was a high energetic type guy and Reggie gave his all no matter what he did."

Pettus had a couple of number one hits including the song called Why Me, but he had also battled health issues and money problems left his family penniless.

Bynum said, "I know times are hard and most people in the city who do know Reggie if you can help it would be good, but even the support and love of the family is even more important."

Love said, "We knew he had heart conditions through the years, but its never easy to hear when one of your brothers is failing to that kind of illness or dies. It's kind of hard and it took everybody by a storm."

Reggie Pettus, a Memphis artist who loved performing on the stage and recording in the studio.

Love said, "I just hope everybody just lends a hand of support and come help us send Reggie off in the right way."

Funeral services for Pettus are scheduled Tuesday at Mount Nebo Baptist Church on Vance and Lauderdale in Memphis.

By the way, an account has been set up at First Tennessee Bank to help his family pay for funeral services.

Former Bar-Kays Member & Southern Soul Singer Dies - WREG

Latest News Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

2 comments for "Apr 26 - Southern Soul Singer Reggie P Dies"

04-26-2011, 11:45 AMaway - #2
Old Man Quillis 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$22,654 | POWERFUL
RIP.... losing so many brothas to health problems and violence way before their time.
 04-27-2011, 03:58 AMaway - #3
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,534 | 13972425
R.I.P. Reggie P.....He was a good singer and his song is a classic...Seen him live at the Mother Day Blues Fest a couple years ago. R.I.P. to a legend....

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Xbox store digital sales this weekend
50 comments
NFL Thanksgiving Day Football- 49ers vs Seahawks 5:30pm(pst)
518 comments
NFL Redskins QB Colt McCoy to start on Sunday vs Indianapolis
172 comments
 NFL Gobble Gobble Bi-ch.. Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dall...
New reply 18 seconds ago - 767 comments - by Kooper
 Image(s) inside Adolf Bieber Crippin'?
New reply 7 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Carlton Black
 NBA Rose Basically Admits He Sat Out Just Because He Was T...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 87 comments - by MikeJones212
 NBA Name An Nba Player That You Are Thankful For (no Stars...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 53 comments - by iloveIT
  How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (might Be The Worst Performanc...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 161 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
  Hiphopdx's Review Of Rick Ross's "hood Billionare...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 58 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 Image(s) inside Dam Bx , Tay600 Really Mad At Me!
New reply 7 minutes ago - 127 comments - by SlimDunkin
  Nov 26 - Michael Brown's Mom: Darren Wilson Testimony ...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 108 comments - by RAZAH CUTS

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,815 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.