This is BX @ Boxden.com

Apr 18 - Recording captures Texas cop k!lling man's dog after showing up at the wrong house (Video)

Apr 18 - Recording captures Texas cop k!lling man's dog after showing up at the wrong house (Video)
22 topic by ThatHustle - 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

April 18 - Recording captures Texas cop shooting and k!lling man's dog after showing up at the wrong house (Video) - ThatHustle.com

'You k!lled my best friend!' owner shouts; Austin police chief apologizes on air during morning talk radio show

Chilling video has surfaced of the moment a Texas cop responding to an emergency call at the wrong address shot and k!lled a man's beloved dog.

The officer’s police cruiser dashboard camera captured the event, which happens out of view.

WATCH POLICE DASH CAM VIDEO BELOW

Austin cop Thomas Griffin is heard shouting "Get your dog!" barely a second before firing a single fatal shot at Michael Paxton's Blue Heeler, Cisco, on Saturday afternoon.

"What are you doing? What did you shoot my dog for," Paxton is heared yelling hysterically. "I live here!"

"Oh my God, I can't believe you just k!lled my dog," he says. "I need to get him to the vet. What are you doing here?"

Griffin explains to Paxton he's been called about a disturbance. However, as it turned out, he was at the wrong house.

Paxton's neighbors were f!ghting and later told the Digital Texan they were the ones Griffin was meant to see.

The 21-minute recording also captured Griffin and Paxton arguing about what happened after two other officers, one of them Griffin's supervisor, show up at the scene.

Griffin is heard saying the dog lunged at him. Paxton disagrees, and says the dog just ran toward him.

"My best friend," Paxton fumes. "You k!lled my f---ing best friend."

The sad tale became national news after Paxton, 40, launched a Facebook page, "Justice for Cisco."

The page had more than 65,000 "likes" Wednesday morning.

On Tuesday, Austin police chief Art Acevedo called in to a local radio show while Paxton was on the air to apologize.

"I know the pain's real. We all love our pets," Acevedo said on KLBJ's "Dudley and Bob Morning Show."

"My heart goes out to him. I think if you ask everybody in the department, believe it or not, we're animal lovers, just like everybody else," he added.

Acevedo also suggested Griffin and Paxton should get together to bury the hatchet.

Paxton told the chief he appreciated the apology.

"To hear that from you, it does mean a lot to me," he said.

Acevedo said an investigation into the shooting was underway - standard practice whenever an officer fires his gun.

Austin police policy says an officer can use deadly force against an animal if it "appears to pose an imminent threat" to the officer's safety, the Austin American-Statesman reported.

Throughout the ordeal, Paxton has said he's not "out to badmouth" Austin police, according to the blog Austinist, and posted a message on his Facebook page slamming commenters who insulted cops.

Several listeners who called into the radio show after the apology said Griffin should be punished.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo

Michael Paxton created a Facebook page called "Justice for Cisco."

Source: NY Daily News x TH

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

20 comments for "Apr 18 - Recording captures Texas cop k!lling man's dog after showing up at the wrong house (Video)"

04-18-2012, 01:41 PMaway - #2
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL
I'm about to cry at work. I love my dogs like I do my family, because to me that is exactly what they are. I have no kids, but can still attest to the love I receive from my four legged ladies each and every day.

Very sad. I'm about to add another like to his FB page.
 04-18-2012, 01:46 PMonline - #3
Ham Rove 1980 heat pts1980

d 
space
$36,312 | POWERFUL
Lawsuit time.
 04-18-2012, 03:21 PMaway - #4
DG Yola 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$363 | 6611953
Wow man.. #### the cops. #### really makes me sick. I hope this guy get caked up at least.
 04-18-2012, 03:28 PMaway - #5
ThatHustle 586 heat pts586

d 
space
$2,252 | POWERFUL
I couldn't even finish watching 2 mins of the video, sh1t makes me sick..
 04-18-2012, 04:00 PMonline - #6
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$12,675 | POWERFUL
cop starts with those excuses and blaming the guy almost immediately

neighborhood looks like ####
 04-18-2012, 04:01 PMaway - #7
Prince Ace 9 heat pts

d 
space
$7,956 | POWERFUL
trigger happy a$s pigs, that's all types of phuked up i feel bad because as sad as the vid is, when the guy rode in on a tricycle i laughed.
 04-18-2012, 04:23 PMaway - #8
snoopdoggiz 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$3,716 | POWERFUL
Cop would be blsck too
 04-18-2012, 04:36 PMaway - #9
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ImJusKeepnIt100
may every bad & corrupt cop die a slow de@th
Fixed it. There's like 5 good cops in the world and I wouldn't want to see them die over the nonsense done by their fellow officers.
 04-18-2012, 04:47 PMaway - #10
Chest Rockwell 

d 
space
$1,361 | 5496972
this ####in guy.. starts off with about 3 different #### up mistakes, THEN persistently berates the man after the fact?! seriously #### this piece of ####. "der why wasnt yer dog on a leash? ... how am i supposed to know?" dumb mother####er clearly you don't know #### which is way you shouldnt be allowed so much as a squirt gun, let alone bustin out your glock and poppin off animals when you arent even at the right location.

had he shown some immediate remorse and admittance to wrongdoing this wouldnt have been so bad but this clown couldnt even act human about it
 04-18-2012, 04:53 PMaway - #11
matelyan 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,298 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ImJusKeepnIt100
those 5 "good" cops are covering up the deeds of their brethren, they deserve the same de@th
Cold blooded, but I like a man who sticks to his guns.
 04-18-2012, 05:08 PMaway - #12
bobby doobie 

d 
space
$2,726 | 10101971
If you do somthing to a police dog your going to jail that instant accident or not.
 04-18-2012, 05:09 PMonline - #13
Trilluminati GA 343 heat pts343

d 
space
$30,208 | POWERFUL
pig on dog violence
 04-18-2012, 06:26 PMaway - #14
kevante 3 heat pts

d 
space
$4,247 | 13611585
Originally Posted by minimafia_aj
Lawsuit time.
Outofcourtsettlement noaccountabilitytime
 04-18-2012, 06:34 PMaway - #15

d 
space
$2,252 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell

had he shown some immediate remorse and admittance to wrongdoing this wouldnt have been so bad but this clown couldnt even act human about it
this ^^
 04-18-2012, 07:19 PMaway - #16
ManWithoutFear! 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
The #### I don't understand is how the hell can people in law enforcement just be so damn happy go lucky about doing fuhked up #### all the time when theres always cameras watching them?

Oh thats right. Cause even with video & recordings they still get away the ####.

Ignore my initial question.
 04-18-2012, 08:38 PMaway - #17

d 
space
$2,252 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ManWithoutFear!
The #### I don't understand is how the hell can people in law enforcement just be so damn happy go lucky about doing fuhked up #### all the time when theres always cameras watching them?

Oh thats right. Cause even with video & recordings they still get away the ####.

Ignore my initial question.
was gonna give you the same exact answer bruh, cant fukk wit the biggest gang in the world and they know it.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
GTA V For PC ‘Cancelled’?
76 comments
NBA Why 1-3-1 defense has been removed from NBA 2K15
62 comments
NFL Aldon Smith suspended 9 games by NFL
53 comments
  Bobby Shmurda Knocked For Gun Possession & Can Be ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 104 comments - by J Money 95
 audio inside Game - Don't Shoot (feat. Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Diddy, ...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 140 comments - by A.Dot789
  The Sopranos Ending 7 Years Later
New reply 6 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Dunknown24
 Image(s) inside Chingy Says Isis Is A Made Up Terrorist Group Created ...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Dame Dash Answers - "do You Owe Beanie Sigel Mone...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Dollaz
 Image(s) inside Aug 28 - Graphic: Isis On A New Level Of Low
New reply 16 minutes ago - 83 comments - by Icon709
 Image(s) inside Childish Gambino - Stn Mtn | Kauai (cover/poster)[gang...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 61 comments - by justinjones
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Sr: "the Mayweater-pacquiao Figh...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 106 comments - by Ladklap

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.