This is BX @ Boxden.com

Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus

Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus
topic by Ham Rove - 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

> Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!
A young girl in India has such an extreme case of hydrocephalus that her head has swelled to an alarming size.

Runa Begum has had the condition -- in which cerebrospinal fluid collects in the skull -- since she was born, her mother, Fatima, told Reuters. Doctors in the Tripura region, where the family lives, have been unable to provide relief. Runa's father, Abdul Rehman, doesn't earn enough as a brick factory worker to pay for more medical help.

Dr. Peter Heydemann, a pediatric neurologist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, told The Huffington Post that the girl could perhaps be treated with a shunt inserted to drain the fluid, but he expressed doubt whether any brain damage could be reversed. "Her brain has been under a fair bit of pressure," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if the child was blind."

Heydemann suggested Runa (or Roona, as identified by some news outlets) might have hydranencephaly, in which the brain hemispheres are absent and the empty space is filled by cerebrospinal fluid.

Heydemann said he had never seen such an extreme case, but he added that the prominent veins on her scalp are a "common piece of this puzzle."

Gill Yaz, a health official for Shine, a British charity for hydrocephalus victims, told the Daily Mail that the shunt procedure takes just 30 minutes and that the shunts themselves cost between $300 and $1,200. But Rehman (or Rahman as he is referred to in the Mail) makes just $2.75 a day.
Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus (PHOTOS)
> Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below! i hope reddit or someone comes through and helps her.

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

93 comments for "Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus"

04-17-2013, 11:49 AMaway - #2
Yelsgnik 43 heat pts43

d 
space
$3,911 | POWERFUL
inb4megamindreference
 04-17-2013, 11:52 AMonline - #3
davilla24c 5 heat pts

d 
space
$4,255 | 16544740
 04-17-2013, 11:56 AMaway - #4
M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,343 | POWERFUL
poor little girl, that's horrible
 04-17-2013, 12:10 PMonline - #5
EscoNore 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$9,584 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mullany S
if that was my baby, i wont mind putting her to sleep permanently.
Doubt it.
 04-17-2013, 12:13 PMaway - #6
notoriousthugzz 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$15,656 | POWERFUL
That's awful... but at his comment of I hope reddit can help or something.

!!in kids spend way too much time on the net
 04-17-2013, 12:20 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$5,801 | 7759357
A lot of weird stuff like this happens in India. Why is that?
 04-17-2013, 12:28 PMaway - #8
nahsuhmeanz 

d 
space
$7,649 | 19840186
too much curry
 04-17-2013, 12:46 PMaway - #9
wtr1906 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$13,546 | POWERFUL
Dude in Columbus had this diesease his name was "Big Head Tony". Dude had function of his eyes and everything and he could drive. Dude had a lot of money and always had dope cars. Rumor was the government was paying him lots of money because they use to run all kinds of test on him and he was donating his body to them once he died. I think he died in the late
90s though. I hope they can find a way to help this lil girl.
 04-17-2013, 12:53 PMaway - #10
Ham Rove 1800 heat pts1800

d 
space
$34,182 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by notoriousthugzz
That's awful... but at his comment of I hope reddit can help or something.

!!in kids spend way too much time on the net
how is that indicative of me being on net too much? Reddit has banded together to do lots of stuff for ppl before.

04-17-2013, 01:12 PMaway - #11

d 
space
$15,656 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by minimafiaaj
how is that indicative of me being on net too much? Reddit has banded together to do lots of stuff for ppl before.

I'm aware of what reddit as a community is capable of but what the !! are they gonna do for this girl man? Use your brain.
 04-17-2013, 01:15 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$34,182 | POWERFUL
I'm aware of what reddit as a community is capable of but what the !! are they gonna do for this girl man? Use your brain.
did you not read the article? she can get a shunt to help bring down the size of her head. The costs range from $300-$1200, something the dude taking care of her cant afford since he makes a few dollars a day. use your brain? id suggest you take your own advice.
 04-17-2013, 07:30 PMonline - #13
hedake 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,765 | 12257023
if any of you heartless niccas smiley that.....
 04-17-2013, 07:34 PMaway - #14

d 
space
$34,182 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hedake
tbh im surprised it already hasnt happened.
 04-17-2013, 08:16 PMaway - #15

d 
space
$15,656 | POWERFUL
did you not read the article? she can get a shunt to help bring down the size of her head. The costs range from $300-$1200, something the dude taking care of her cant afford since he makes a few dollars a day. use your brain? id suggest you take your own advice.
did you not read the article?

"Dr. Peter Heydemann, a pediatric neurologist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, told The Huffington Post that the girl could perhaps be treated with a shunt inserted to drain the fluid, but he expressed doubt whether any brain damage could be reversed. "Her brain has been under a fair bit of pressure," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if the child was blind.""

!!in idiot.
 04-17-2013, 08:17 PMaway - #16

d 
space
$34,182 | POWERFUL
did you not read the article?

"Dr. Peter Heydemann, a pediatric neurologist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, told The Huffington Post that the girl could perhaps be treated with a shunt inserted to drain the fluid, but he expressed doubt whether any brain damage could be reversed. "Her brain has been under a fair bit of pressure," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if the child was blind.""

!!in idiot.
they wont know that until they bring down the swelling in her head you !!ing idiot. and even if the brain damage is irreversible, you dont think reducing the size of her head would improve her quality of life? Why dont you stick to topics you understand, like not tipping people cause you're a stupid prick.
 04-17-2013, 08:21 PMaway - #17

d 
space
$15,656 | POWERFUL
they wont know that until they bring down the swelling in her head you !!ing idiot. and even if the brain damage is irreversible, you dont think reducing the size of her head would improve her quality of life? Why dont you stick to topics you understand, like not tipping people cause you're a stupid prick.
Oh I forgot this is boxden where minimafiaaj has more knowledge on these subjects than a pediatric neurologist.

This kid's life revolves around hot topics
 04-17-2013, 08:35 PMaway - #18

d 
space
$34,182 | POWERFUL
Oh I forgot this is boxden where minimafiaaj has more knowledge on these subjects than a pediatric neurologist.

This kid's life revolves around hot topics
You dont have to be a pediatric neurologist to know, you cant tell if brain damage is permanent until the pressure on the brain is relieved. He said he doubts whether or not it can be reversed, not that it cant be.
 04-17-2013, 09:15 PMonline - #19
Fras1788 144 heat pts144

d 
space
$8,628 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hedake
You know saying something like this on bx is basically like begging for someone to smiley it right?
 04-17-2013, 09:26 PMaway - #20
M4Maytion 4 heat pts

d 
space
$792 | 5920710
Originally Posted by Yelsgnik
inb4megamindreference
they need to start IP banning u !!es who try too hard for props and laughs by disrespecting people's conditions and inflictions.

!!ing lame.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
PS4 hits 7 million units sold
62 comments
Article inside  Activision indefinitely postpones Xbox One version o..
62 comments
NBA Bill Laimbeer On LeBron's Toughness, Chances Of Three-Pe..
54 comments
 Article inside In Other News Nas Lost Again: Kelis Just Tossed A Few ...
New reply 22 seconds ago - 98 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
 NBA Swaggy P - 'what I'm Gonna Do With This Shouldn't Be L...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 81 comments - by R.O.B
  Chiwire Season 5: Supposedly Durk Got Choked Out By Re...
New reply 43 seconds ago - 86 comments - by HeatMafia410
 NBA Bill Simmons And Jalen Rose Disrespect Duncan And Kobe...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 109 comments - by Hovi Bryant
  G-unit Producer Weighs In On G-unit Beef
New reply 1 minute ago - 85 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside The Best Video Game Wingmen/sidekicks
New reply 15 minutes ago - 54 comments - by CadillacVyse
 Article inside Chingy Says A Trans$exual Ruined His Rap Career
New reply 2 minutes ago - 57 comments - by A.Dot789
 NBA Cnn Breaking News: Lebron James Is The Best Nba Player...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Motion

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,698 fans of BX | none new today 4,653 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.