This is BX @ Boxden.com

Apr 13 - Police also said Wednesday it was Proof who fired the first bullet in the gunfire

Apr 13 - Police also said Wednesday it was Proof who fired the first bullet in the gunfire
25 topic by Cypher04 - 04-13-2006, 05:53 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Updated:2006-04-13 07:03:52
Police Question Man in Slaying of Rapper
Proof Was Close Friends With Eminem
By TOM KRISHER
AP
DETROIT (April 13) - A man turned himself over to police for questioning in the [rip] of rapper Proof during a nightclub shootout, authorities said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Coverage:
· Get Proof | Dirty Dozen
· Mr. Mathers Makes Music
· Slim Shady's Woes Watch Videos:
Rapper 'Proof' k!lled
'Git Up'
'Gurlz Wit Da Boom'

Talk About It: Post Messages
Police also said Wednesday it was Proof who fired the first bullet in the gunfire that ended his life a day earlier.

The bullet hit Keith Bender in the head, critically injuring him at the CCC, a nightclub in a strip of businesses along Eight Mile Road. The road was made famous in the 2002 film starring Proof's close friend, rap superstar Eminem.

Mario Etheridge, 28, Bender's cousin and a bouncer at the club, met with police Wednesday, the Detroit Free Press reported.

"He came in because the Detroit Police Department asked him to," Etheridge's attorney, Randall Upshaw, told television station WXYZ. "Does that sound like a murker?"

Upshaw would not say whether his client shot Proof but said whoever did acted in self-defense.

Investigators believe Proof was shot after he pistol-whipped and shot Bender following a f!ght at the club around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday - more than two hours after the nightclub was required to close for the night.

"The understanding of every witness we've spoken to is that Proof pulled out a weapon," Upshaw said. "Proof shot Keith in the face and Keith was unarmed."

If Proof was shot by someone trying to protect himself or another, the shooter will not be charged, police Sgt. Eren Stephens said.

Proof, 32, whose real name was Deshaun Holton, was taken to a nearby outpatient treatment center by private car, where he was pronounced dead. He was shot three times in the head and chest, according to the Wayne County medical examiner's office.

Bender was taken by a private car to St. John Hospital, where he remained in critical condition early Thursday, spokeswoman Wende Berry said.

Proof was a member of the rap group D12 and was the best man in Eminem's January wedding. Seldom was Eminem seen in public without him.

Copyright 2006 The a$sociated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The a$sociated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
2006-04-11 10:58:09

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

41 comments for "Apr 13 - Police also said Wednesday it was Proof who fired the first bullet in the gunfire"

04-13-2006, 05:57 AMaway - #2
Cypher04 

d 
space
$464 | 56028
THATS THE DAGGER EVERYBODIES ALL SAD AND THIS nicca TRIED TO k!ll ANOTHER nicca "THATS THE BREAKS" FAMOUS niccaS NEED TO FIND A NEW HOBBY STAY THE !! OUT THE STREETS
 04-13-2006, 07:14 AMaway - #3
bUsSa BrOwN 

d 
space
$694 | 317275
if he did fire the first shot i'm sure it wasn't for no reason. will we ever hear the story behind that? probably not. !! the media and the so-called witnesses. 1 man is dead and another is close to it. damn shame but we ain't never gonna hear the true story behind this !!.
 04-13-2006, 07:40 AMaway - #4
assassinz 

d 
space
$227 | 2508
Ay, I dont know about that !! man. something smells fishy in that story. I dont know though maybe that is what happend but im pretty sure that !! gonna boost d12 record sales and !!. I dont know though but in my oppinion, SET UP.
 04-13-2006, 08:14 AMaway - #5
jumpman281 

d 
space
$1 | 0
The bullet hit Keith Bender in the head, critically injuring him at the CCC, a nightclub in a strip of businesses along Eight Mile Road. The road was made famous in the 2002 film starring Proof's close friend, rap superstar Eminem.
 04-13-2006, 09:24 AMaway - #6
XxC4xX 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,836 | 9919341
that story sounds mad fishy, and niccas with money that has an army of goons, that smashed up royce's people a couple of times...lmao thats fishy as hell sounds like self defense to me, and proof surprised dude
 04-13-2006, 09:27 AMaway - #7
hustlebmill 

d 
space
$297 | 2762
somthing a right about that situation. somethign is not being said.
 04-13-2006, 09:32 AMaway - #8
PSmitty4956 

d 
space
$775 | 998364
didnt it say they found the shell across the street from the bar who the !! shoots good enuff to hit u in the head from across the !!in street while u f!ghting only cops and military
 04-13-2006, 09:44 AMaway - #9
hustlebmill 

d 
space
$297 | 2762
i dont blame him. the man probably felt played
 04-13-2006, 09:46 AMaway - #10
Pusha T 

d 
space
$534 | 242877
R.I.P Proof
 04-13-2006, 12:42 PMaway - #11
JBeezy 1 heat pts

d 
space
$13,480 | POWERFUL
If Proof was shot by someone trying to protect himself or another, the shooter will not be charged, police Sgt. Eren Stephens said.
Either he's charged and goes to prison, or he's released and gets hit by Trick-Trick and his people.............
 04-13-2006, 12:52 PMaway - #12
AF1GANGSTA 

d 
space
$74 | 1072
R.i.p. Proof
 04-13-2006, 01:01 PMaway - #13
1000bluntz 

d 
space
$12,425 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bUsSa BrOwN
if he did fire the first shot i'm sure it wasn't for no reason. will we ever hear the story behind that? probably not. !! the media and the so-called witnesses. 1 man is dead and another is close to it. damn shame but we ain't never gonna hear the true story behind this !!.
What reason would he have to pull a gun out over a !!ing pool game playboy? I mean get serious manne. If some mother!!er pulls out a strap and shoots my cousin in the head they will get !!ed up with the quickness. I just heard that the guy Proof shot is dead as well so he took that nicca's life over something that was extremely meaningless. @ people defending this nicca because they like his music or something, !! that garbage. Karma will roast a nicca quick if he ain't smart which Proof obviously was far from being. nicca left his family and friends with all sorts of pain and questions and it was his own doing.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 04-13-2006 at 01:02 PM..
 04-13-2006, 01:12 PMaway - #14
dtownboy313 

d 
space
$3,705 | 6736388
Originally Posted by 1000bluntz
What reason would he have to pull a gun out over a !!ing pool game playboy? I mean get serious manne. If some mother!!er pulls out a strap and shoots my cousin in the head they will get !!ed up with the quickness. I just heard that the guy Proof shot is dead as well so he took that nicca's life over something that was extremely meaningless. @ people defending this nicca because they like his music or something, !! that garbage. Karma will roast a nicca quick if he ain't smart which Proof obviously was far from being. nicca left his family and friends with all sorts of pain and questions and it was his own doing.
you don't know what them niccas got into over. if proof shot first it's because he knew his life was in danger. you saying like he did it for no reason. if they got into it at the bar and he saw them niccas again it wasn't going to be anything but gunplay. if he didn't get them they were gonna get him quicker then they did. how the !! was he not smart? he was trying to save his own life. y'all niccas just don't get it. bottomline is that people lost there life period. get yo facts together.
 04-13-2006, 01:14 PMaway - #15
2godflow 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$11,817 | POWERFUL
"If Proof was shot by someone trying to protect himself or another, the shooter will not be charged, police Sgt. Eren Stephens said."

if someone is shooting at your crew, if u shoot back u dont get charges brought on u? whaaaaaaaat
 04-13-2006, 01:15 PMaway - #16
J-Flexxx 

d 
space
$1,235 | 1985259
i'm not tryin to defend Proof becuz of who he was, but the story sounds suspect. Becuz of this "Stop Snitchin" bull!!, we'll probably never know the real story, the dude can say it was in self defense and as long as no credible witnesses come forward, the dude will be free and not in jail and Proof will look like the instigator.
 04-13-2006, 01:16 PMaway - #17
Tha754kid 

d 
space
$4,209 | 8718870
I hate to seem like an a$s.....but I'm with this guy. :rolleyes:
 04-13-2006, 01:28 PMaway - #18
1000bluntz 

d 
space
$12,425 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dtownboy313
you don't know what them niccas got into over. if proof shot first it's because he knew his life was in danger. you saying like he did it for no reason. if they got into it at the bar and he saw them niccas again it wasn't going to be anything but gunplay. if he didn't get them they were gonna get him quicker then they did. how the !! was he not smart? he was trying to save his own life. y'all niccas just don't get it. bottomline is that people lost there life period. get yo facts together.
Yo the mother!!er he had beef with had NO WEAPON, how hard is that to comprehend? And I doubt that the mother!!er who worked there as a bouncer would want to murk a famous local legend like that unless he shot his cousin in the head like was mentioned in the reports in his place of business, that just makes zero sense. Keep trying to defend him like he's the one who was fearing for his life when he had the strap and the other guy didn't, that's just weak as !!. Use your head manne, stop thinking with your heart. I know it's a loss to the D's hip hop scene but it was he played a huge hand in his own undoing.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 04-13-2006 at 01:30 PM..
 04-13-2006, 01:29 PMaway - #19
Jasonb619 

d 
space
$3,178 | 6281747
We all just speculating at what the media tells us...
 04-13-2006, 01:30 PMaway - #20
dtownboy313 

d 
space
$3,705 | 6736388
Yo the mother!!er he had beef with had NO WEAPON, how hard is that to comprehend? And I doubt that the mother!!er who worked there as a bouncer would want to murk a famous local legend like that unless he shot his cousin in the head like was mentioned in the reports in his place of business, that just makes zero sense. Keep trying to defend him like he's the one who was fearing for his life when he had the strap and the other guy didn't, that's just weak as !!.
im done trying to get my point across with you. just don't believe everything you read.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
MLB Breaking: Yankees Pitcher Michael Pineda Gets Caught for..
59 comments
NBA One Year Ago Today Carmelo Scored 37 Points... (video)
56 comments
NBA James Harden's Last 3 Series
69 comments
 Image(s) inside "and The Little Homie Jungle Is A Garden To Me&qu...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 52 comments - by PowerBar Ernie
 NFL Russell Wilson And Wife Divorce
New reply 10 minutes ago - 113 comments - by SeattleWon
 Video inside While Ur Favorite Rapper Gets Raped 4 A 360 Deal, M.re...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 62 comments - by brooklyngohard
 Video inside Lil Boosie At The Breakfast Club: Rap Game, Fake Love,...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 61 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside Advice Women Took While Dating In The 1930s
New reply 5 minutes ago - 53 comments - by german1906
 Image(s) inside Thick Vietnamese Chick Named Kandy...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 96 comments - by 5_star_smitty
 Image(s) inside Actual Iggy Azalea
New reply 8 minutes ago - 133 comments - by HeruDat
 NBA Lebron James Gets Throat Chopped :dead: (video)
New reply 11 minutes ago - 88 comments - by italiansteve

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,650 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.