This is BX @ Boxden.com

Apr 12 - Trayvon Martin's mom says she thinks his k!lling was an 'accident'

Apr 12 - Trayvon Martin's mom says she thinks his k!lling was an 'accident'
23 topic by s7venwords - 04-12-2012, 07:06 AM - Boxden > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Trayvon Martin's parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, talk to TODAY's Ann Curry about the arrest of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot their 17-year-old son. During the interview, Martin's mom says she believes her son's de@th "was an accident."

By Ian Johnston, msnbc.com

Trayvon Martin’s mother Sybrina Fulton told the TODAY show Thursday that she believes her son’s fatal shooting by George Zimmerman was an accident.

“I believe it was an accident, I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn’t turn the clock back," she said. "I would ask him, 'Did he know that that was a minor, that that was a teenager and that he did not have a weapon?'” she added.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey announced Wednesday at a news conference in Jacksonville, Florida, that Zimmerman was going to be charged with second-degree murd3r, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

"We did not come to this decision lightly," Corey, who was appointed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott to re-examine the case after public outcry over the initial decision not to arrest Zimmerman, said at a news conference in Jacksonville.

Zimmerman shot and k!lled Martin, 17, in the town of Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, who took the case late Wednesday after Zimmerman's previous attorneys withdrew, said his client would plead not guilty and that he would seek his release on bond. Zimmerman, 28, was scheduled for an initial hearing Thursday at 1:30 p.m. ET.

Fulton suggested that Zimmerman, who claims he k!lled Martin in self-defense, should apologize if he is remorseful.

“One of the things that I still believe in: A person should apologize when they really -- when they are actually remorseful for what they've done,” she said.

U.S. News - George Zimmerman to plead not guilty to second-degree murd3r in Trayvon Martin case

And she expressed sympathy for Zimmerman’s family, even as she continued to mourn the loss of her son.

“I understand his family is hurting, but think about our family that lost our teenage son. I mean, it's just very difficult to live with day in and day out,” Fulton said. “ I'm sure his parents can pick up the phone and call him, but we can't pick up the phone and call Trayvon anymore."

Mark O'Mara, the new attorney for George Zimmerman, tells TODAY's Carl Quintanilla he was surprised his client was charged with second degree murd3r in the shooting de@th of Trayvon Martin.

U.S. News - Trayvon Martin's mom says she thinks his k!lling was an 'accident'

Latest News Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

115 comments for "Apr 12 - Trayvon Martin's mom says she thinks his k!lling was an 'accident'"

04-12-2012, 07:14 AMaway - #2
DEDOS 97 heat pts97

d 
space
$41,803 | POWERFUL
whattttttttttttt
 04-12-2012, 07:24 AMaway - #3
ogballer32 210 heat pts210

d 
space
$3,333 | POWERFUL
 04-12-2012, 07:25 AMaway - #4
Ahura 97 heat pts97

d 
space
$543 | POWERFUL
This woman is a better person then I am. I would not be as understanding. I wish her the best for the future.
 04-12-2012, 07:28 AMaway - #5
Sticks 106 heat pts106

d 
space
$16,415 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ahura
This woman is a better person then I am. I would not be as understanding. I wish her the best for the future.
Close thread. First page.
ni##as gonna be outraged, but his mom spoke some real powerful words.
 04-12-2012, 07:29 AMaway - #6
s7venwords 4727 heat pts4727

d 
space
$31,637 | POWERFUL
Ok, this came as a surprise to me. But think of it this way, all they wanted was for him to be accountable for what he did and now he might be ( hopefully ). The Martin family have been very quiet and respectful in that they haven't gone rouge or talked to hateful men like SH.
 04-12-2012, 07:33 AMaway - #7
Sticks 106 heat pts106

d 
space
$16,415 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Supa Mario 910
It's the dumbest thing that she could have said now that Zimmerman JUST got charged with murd3r 2. the argument is going to be, 'Even Trayvon's mom thinks it was an accident'.
Okay, but maybe she isn't close minded? Seeing things from more than one perspective can really be useful you know?

This case has become overwhelming as it is.
 04-12-2012, 07:35 AMaway - #8

d 
space
$31,637 | POWERFUL
It's the dumbest thing that she could have said now that Zimmerman JUST got charged with murd3r 2. the argument is going to be, 'Even Trayvon's mom thinks it was an accident'.
True, but don't you think maybe she is trying to put this racial #### to bed so the case can be tried in court and not in the public ? She just wants some type of accountability for this tragedy. The thing that gets me is that I listened to a 911 call from the people whose house Trayvon was k!lled by and they never thought twice as to come out and follow Trayvon. If you're not concerned why would some guy who lives down the street ?

Last edited by s7venwords; 04-12-2012 at 07:41 AM..
 04-12-2012, 07:44 AMonline - #9
D1nOnlyMrM@ 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$9,662 | POWERFUL
i think....he prolly trolled around and beat dude up day before... dude was seeking revenge and k!lled him.
 04-12-2012, 07:44 AMaway - #10
Illstreet 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$17,325 | POWERFUL
She definitely just made a huge gaffe...
 04-12-2012, 07:45 AMaway - #11

d 
space
$31,637 | POWERFUL
To be completely honest, why would SHE be concerned if he gets a fair trial or not? He k!lled her kid, any normal parent is going to want him dead no matter the circumstance. When he ends up getting three years she would be the main one yelling justice isn't being served.
I feel ya, everybody handles #### differently. Maybe she felt like this was the best way to get Hitlerman back in the state if he feels safe (?). I will say that she can't be taken serious if he gets off or gets a light sentence cause like you said she kind of let him off the hook in the sense of it being a hate crime.
 04-12-2012, 07:58 AMaway - #12

d 
space
$31,637 | POWERFUL
Well, he's already in custody so it can't be to get him back to FL.
My bad.... had a stoner moment there.
 04-12-2012, 08:09 AMaway - #13
Illstreet 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$17,325 | POWERFUL
 04-12-2012, 08:19 AMaway - #14
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Even if she thought that, why would she say something as STUPID as that on national TV?
because she is not a biased ignorant #### that's why
 04-12-2012, 08:22 AMaway - #15
supervillain 191 heat pts191

d 
space
$12,129 | POWERFUL
if shes content with it then i have no choice but to be also...

so all you George Zimmerman supporters can have free reign now..im done with this ####.
 04-12-2012, 08:29 AMaway - #16
M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,661 | POWERFUL

I definitely respect the way her and her whole family has dealt with this situation
 04-12-2012, 08:43 AMaway - #17
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
Normally i agree with what you say, but this statement is just stupid as ####.
She is entitled to her own opinion about her son's de@th.
 04-12-2012, 08:46 AMaway - #18
jumpman2304 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$12,318 | POWERFUL
yeah she ####ed up if she wanted justice.... why would she say that after all of what has gone down?

wowwww.

this massively helps GZ
 04-12-2012, 09:07 AMaway - #19
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
That's cool, but that doesn't mean it's not going to hurt a murd3r 2 charge.
its an opinion not fact and the lawyer can request it be struck from the record.
 04-12-2012, 09:37 AMaway - #20
Shea-bird 5 heat pts

d 
space
$1,557 | 6463203
I respect this woman for attempting to understand the situation completely. I also think she's right. As dumb as this guy may be, I don't think he murd3red this kid in cold blood. If he had to and there was time to think about where to shoot Trayvon... why not in the leg, shoulder, arm etc. The guys seems very remorseful about the situation also.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Former NBA Player Rex Chapman Arrested For Stealing From..
56 comments
NCAAF CFB Week 4 Thread
348 comments
Article inside  Keyshia Cole BEAT UP girl in BIRDMAN's Condo
56 comments
  Unconfirmed Theories/opinions/rumors In Hip Hop You Pe...
New reply 1 minute ago - 83 comments - by True Sinister
 Video inside This Woman Takes A Photo Of Herself Every Day For 1 Ye...
New reply 57 minutes ago - 107 comments - by mrfreak76
  Kanye Lost: Kim K Nud3s Leaked On Twitter
New reply 19 minutes ago - 144 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Watch California Dry Up Right Before Your Eye...
New reply 1 hour ago - 62 comments - by cheenz
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Texas Wants To Execute Man Who Killed Home In...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 60 comments - by cheenz
 Image(s) inside Chiwire: Mubu Out Here Tellin
New reply 1 hour ago - 73 comments - by NoLastName
  Rappers That You Used To Bump Heavy But Then Completel...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 304 comments - by Slickems
 Video inside Daylyt Smokes His First Blunt Ever With Snoop And Murd...
New reply 1 hour ago - 80 comments - by Star

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.