b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Check out my rig


People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX GameSpot > PC Gaming Lounge
  
    
          join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Check out my rig
topic by RaptorsWon - 04-01-2011, 01:12 PM






> Check out my rig - Photo posted in PC Gaming Lounge | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Better than the ps3 and 360 combined!

2014 edition:


649 comments for "Check out my rig"


 04-01-2011, 04:13 PMaway - #2
PhrozenMenace 

  d 
space
$11,630 | POWERFUL
nice rig..what a big a$s cooler,what are the specs by the way
 04-01-2011, 04:39 PMaway - #3
RaptorsWon 197 heat pts197

  d 
space
$19,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PhrozenMenace
nice rig..what a big a$s cooler,what are the specs by the way
Amd Phenom II X6 1090T o/c'd @ 4ghz
Gigabute 890GPA-UD3H motherboard
8gb G.Skill DDR 3 1600 ram o/c'd
XFX Radeon HD 6970 o/c'd (using an nVidia 9800GT for physx)
Antec Truepower New 750w psu


Last edited by RaptorsWon; 04-01-2011 at 07:26 PM..
 04-01-2011, 06:54 PMaway - #4
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,488 | POWERFUL
Got the same case hitting here.....
 04-01-2011, 06:55 PMaway - #5
OpeeFaSho 

  d 
space
$1,020 | 2122183
Cleaner than my setup lol. I'll put my pictures up whenever I switch to Sandy Bridge, hopefully by the end of this month.


Originally Posted by Russ369
Amd Phenom II X6 1090T o/c'd @ 4ghz
Gigabute 890GPA-UD3H motherboard
8gb G.Skill DDR 3 1600 ram o/c'd
XFX Radeon HD 6970 o/c'd (using an nVidia 9800GT for physx)
750w psu


What brand PSU is that?

Last edited by OpeeFaSho; 04-01-2011 at 06:58 PM..
 04-01-2011, 07:25 PMaway - #6
RaptorsWon 197 heat pts197

  d 
space
$19,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by OpeeFaSho
Cleaner than my setup lol. I'll put my pictures up whenever I switch to Sandy Bridge, hopefully by the end of this month.





What brand PSU is that?
Antec Truepower New... Yea the wiring took a bit of time but I got it to where i like it... Im pissed at myself cuz i didn't wait for the fixed motherboards to get a sandybridge instead of my 1090t... SB blows my #### outta the water... W/e, im happy it plays all my games the way I want it... Except for NBA2k11 theres some graphical glitch with the text that still hasnt been adressed

Last edited by RaptorsWon; 04-01-2011 at 07:28 PM..
 04-01-2011, 07:32 PMaway - #7
OpeeFaSho 

  d 
space
$1,020 | 2122183
Originally Posted by Russ369
Antec Truepower New... Yea the wiring took a bit of time but I got it to where i like it... Im pissed at myself cuz i didn't wait for the fixed motherboards to get a sandybridge instead of my 1090t... SB blows my #### outta the water... W/e, im happy it plays all my games the way I want it... Except for NBA2k11 theres some graphical glitch with the text that still hasnt been adressed
Haha, yeah. Those gaming benchmarks for Sandy Bridge is crazy. It's like a 20% improvement over the X4/X6 AMD chips, and the sad thing is it's priced the same. So AMD has to come out swinging with the Bulldozer.

Should've switched to Nvidia :dancingcool:. It could be the lack of updates for the game, but who knows.
 04-01-2011, 07:52 PMaway - #8
PhrozenMenace 

  d 
space
$11,630 | POWERFUL
when do the bulldozers come around?


love the look of the haf 922..inside of yours looks too clean though russ..throw some random wires in there
 04-01-2011, 08:03 PMaway - #9
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,488 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PhrozenMenace
when do the bulldozers come around?


love the look of the haf 922..inside of yours looks too clean though russ..throw some random wires in there
Thats one of the great features about this case. :dancingcool:
 04-01-2011, 08:08 PMaway - #10
OpeeFaSho 

  d 
space
$1,020 | 2122183
Originally Posted by PhrozenMenace
when do the bulldozers come around?


love the look of the haf 922..inside of yours looks too clean though russ..throw some random wires in there
April, May, or June. NVIDIA's dev's were saying its way faster than Sandy Bridge, if it priced right then I wouldn't hesitate to stay with AMD.
 04-01-2011, 08:42 PMaway - #11
RaptorsWon 197 heat pts197

  d 
space
$19,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PhrozenMenace
when do the bulldozers come around?


love the look of the haf 922..inside of yours looks too clean though russ..throw some random wires in there
lol Nah man I love the clean look... good for airflow too... Im ####in anal about that blue sata wire too can't hide it but w/e... and yea, the Bulldozer cpu is prolly coming around June/July... I heard its gonna kick some a$s...
 04-01-2011, 11:06 PMaway - #12
PhrozenMenace 

  d 
space
$11,630 | POWERFUL
waiting to see wat amd will bring to the table too..amd need to hurry up ..922 case for me...any of yal have ssd in the setup?

its only one little sata wire russ,lol
 04-01-2011, 11:14 PMaway - #13
RaptorsWon 197 heat pts197

  d 
space
$19,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PhrozenMenace
waiting to see wat amd will bring to the table too..amd need to hurry up ..922 case for me...any of yal have ssd in the setup?

its only one little sata wire russ,lol
Yea thats the one thing I regret was not getting an ssd for the OS... They are expensive as #### tho...
 04-01-2011, 11:29 PMaway - #14
PhrozenMenace 

  d 
space
$11,630 | POWERFUL
yeah they are like 2 bucks per gb...price not going down anytime soon though,sales barely do any damage to the original price.,but a 60gb is straight
 04-02-2011, 12:07 AMaway - #15
RaptorsWon 197 heat pts197

  d 
space
$19,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PhrozenMenace
yeah they are like 2 bucks per gb...price not going down anytime soon though,sales barely do any damage to the original price.,but a 60gb is straight
I never fully understood SSD's... So anything reading/writing off the drive will work much faster, but what exactly would benefit from that? Cuz if I get a 60gb SSD, all I could really fit on there is the OS and random programs, not really games (1 game is like 10gb nowadays)... I dunno
 04-07-2011, 08:06 AMaway - #16
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$6,447 | POWERFUL
here is a pic of my recent build not too long ago

 04-07-2011, 07:28 PMaway - #17
OpeeFaSho 

  d 
space
$1,020 | 2122183
Originally Posted by Gravediggaz
here is a pic of my recent build not too long ago

Nice, I'm thinking about buying a NZXT case next week. My Antec 300 looks messy inside due to no cable management.

What's your specs?

Last edited by OpeeFaSho; 04-07-2011 at 07:34 PM..
 04-07-2011, 10:54 PMaway - #18
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$6,447 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by OpeeFaSho
Nice, I'm thinking about buying a NZXT case next week. My Antec 300 looks messy inside due to no cable management.

What's your specs?
thanks

yeah specs are
cpu: AMD am3 phenom II
mobo: Gigabyte GA-880A-UD3
ram: G.skill ripjaws 4gb
ssd: G.skill phoenix pro 60 gb
hdd: samsung f3 1tb
gpu: powercolor 1gb ati radeon hd 5850
psu : corsair HX-650

I am a AMD fanboy
 04-08-2011, 01:14 AMaway - #19
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$6,221 | 12626126
sick stuff guys! im most deff hittin this section up in a few months cuz i wanna build a rig for the new battlefield comin out. im already lookin out for the GTX 580 cuz i think someone here recommended it.
 04-08-2011, 07:07 AMaway - #20
OpeeFaSho 

  d 
space
$1,020 | 2122183
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
sick stuff guys! im most deff hittin this section up in a few months cuz i wanna build a rig for the new battlefield comin out. im already lookin out for the GTX 580 cuz i think someone here recommended it.
Depends what resolution you're going to be gaming at. Gaming at 1920x1080, you'll need a GTX 560 overclocked or GTX 570, 6950 2GB. GTX 580 is overkill but overkill for a PC Gaming rig is a great thing.


Originally Posted by Gravediggaz
thanks

yeah specs are
cpu: AMD am3 phenom II
mobo: Gigabyte GA-880A-UD3
ram: G.skill ripjaws 4gb
ssd: G.skill phoenix pro 60 gb
hdd: samsung f3 1tb
gpu: powercolor 1gb ati radeon hd 5850
psu : corsair HX-650

I am a AMD fanboy
I used to be also, but there processors are lacking compared to what Intel has out now. Hopefully Bulldozer will win me over.
 

 



Image inside  Dec 17 - Obama: As a black man he's been mistaken for..
50 comments
So, "The Interview" will get a VOD/DVD release, right?? Um......
85 comments
NFL NFL twitter: 8 suitors for Jay Cutler but...
82 comments
 Video inside [exclusive] New Video Of Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Being...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 247 comments - by sdot216
  Sony Leak: Denzel Washington Should Not Be Given Lead ...
New reply 35 minutes ago - 122 comments - by Dead Masons
 Video inside Kendrick Lamar Debuts New Song On The Colbert Report (...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 86 comments - by Steve
 audio inside Waka Flocka Flame Snatches J. Cole’s Beat & Steps ...
New reply 1 hour ago - 65 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
  Dec 17 - 14 Year Old Black Boy Executed For Murder, Cl...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 109 comments - by Roo 50
 Image(s) inside Instagram Exposes Mase For Buying Fake Followers
New reply 1 hour ago - 100 comments - by Frankybaby
  Meek Mill Comments On Bobby Shmurda's Arrest
New reply 25 minutes ago - 159 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside Man Spends $200,000 On Surgery To Look Like Kim Kardas...
New reply 1 hour ago - 53 comments - by Ole-G

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,900 fans of BX | none new today 4,848 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.