b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Anyone wanna help with posting games in this section?

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter > Sports Betting Finished games

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Anyone wanna help with posting games in this section?
 01-07-2011, 04:07 PMaway - #21
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by danny
I wasn't knocking any of the other MODs that post betting threads in here, I was just saying that there's not really any skill involved in doing so, just time. Also, I'm only responsible for the NHL games, not the MLB games, but I will help post any games that are needed if asked to do so.

Like you said, though, we don't get paid to do any of this and most of the Staff (I can't speak for everyone, but I have an active and busy personal life) aren't able to be on here 24/7. It's inconvenient that none of the sports sites have a matchup preview for more than one day so that I could post several days worth of NHL games instead of having to wait until all of the games from the day are done to do the next day. It doesn't work too well.
Don't you just go under NHL > Scores on ESPN.com to grab the little picture for each game to post in the thread? You can go forward at least a week on ESPN.com to grab those picture. Granted the teams' records will change if you do it days in advance, but that shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start posting some NHL games because people are requesting them.
 01-07-2011, 04:46 PMaway - #22
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Lethal Intent

Don't you just go under NHL > Scores on ESPN.com to grab the little picture for each game to post in the thread? You can go forward at least a week on ESPN.com to grab those picture. Granted the teams' records will change if you do it days in advance, but that shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start posting some NHL games because people are requesting them.
No, ESPN only goes back less than 24 hours for NHL games. I don't know why, but it makes it extremely hard to get up NHL games when I only have less than 24 hours to access that information and get it posted. I noticed on NHL.com that they go back 2 days, which I think is new since I haven't seen it on there for that long, so I'm going to try that out for NHL games for now and see how that goes. I want to get as much information in the thread for people so they don't have to go to other sites to see, but it's difficult when you are very limited.
 01-07-2011, 06:03 PMaway - #23

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
No, ESPN only goes back less than 24 hours for NHL games. I don't know why, but it makes it extremely hard to get up NHL games when I only have less than 24 hours to access that information and get it posted. I noticed on NHL.com that they go back 2 days, which I think is new since I haven't seen it on there for that long, so I'm going to try that out for NHL games for now and see how that goes. I want to get as much information in the thread for people so they don't have to go to other sites to see, but it's difficult when you are very limited.
I'm still confused by what you are telling me. I just now pulled up NHL Scores on ESPN.com and I can grab games from next Saturday the 15th. For example:

Have you been trying to do this a different way or something? If this makes it easier for you now, then let me know. I can make you logos for all of the NHL teams for you to use in the poll options and upload them to my ImageShack account for you to use. A few people seem to want us to post the NHL games, so I'm trying to figure out a way for this to work.
 01-09-2011, 01:09 PMaway - #24
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL

I'm still confused by what you are telling me. I just now pulled up NHL Scores on ESPN.com and I can grab games from next Saturday the 15th. For example:

Have you been trying to do this a different way or something? If this makes it easier for you now, then let me know. I can make you logos for all of the NHL teams for you to use in the poll options and upload them to my ImageShack account for you to use. A few people seem to want us to post the NHL games, so I'm trying to figure out a way for this to work.
Oh, you were just talking about the score boxes. I was referring to the "Preview" section of those boxes. I usually link to that so people can read about the matchup and whatnot to get a better view of the situation between the two teams.

I don't know if you use Windows 7, but I heard that it has a cutting tool that you'll be able to just cut an image and be able to post/upload instead of having to go through the entire "Print Page" option, which takes a lot longer when you're posting multiple games.

Also, if you wanted to make those logos, that would be an awesome help and extremely appreciated.

I want to get the NHL games up, but it was just those things that made it such a hassle to do so that it was hard to do for every day, every game. If I can figure out a quicker, simpler way to get those game boxes posted I will definitely have more NHL games up every day.
 01-09-2011, 01:53 PMaway - #25

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Oh, you were just talking about the score boxes. I was referring to the "Preview" section of those boxes. I usually link to that so people can read about the matchup and whatnot to get a better view of the situation between the two teams.

I don't know if you use Windows 7, but I heard that it has a cutting tool that you'll be able to just cut an image and be able to post/upload instead of having to go through the entire "Print Page" option, which takes a lot longer when you're posting multiple games.

Also, if you wanted to make those logos, that would be an awesome help and extremely appreciated.

I want to get the NHL games up, but it was just those things that made it such a hassle to do so that it was hard to do for every day, every game. If I can figure out a quicker, simpler way to get those game boxes posted I will definitely have more NHL games up every day.
I just pull up the Scores page for say January 15, 2011, and I hit the print screen button to try to get as many games on a paste as possible. Then I pull up Microsoft Paint and paste it. Then I use the selection tool in MS Paint and then I select one game box at a time. Once it's selected, I right click inside the selection and choose "Copy To." Then I pick a directory and name the file whatever the two teams are. Then once I get all the games for that particular day, I log in to ImageShack and upload all of them. Then I post them one at a time with the different game images as the only thing in the thread, then I attach the poll and set the closing time and it's a wrap. Then I do it again and again until the day is over, go to the next day in line on ESPN and repeat the process. It's a little time consuming, but it isn't too bad.

I understand you are trying to help people out by linking to the game match-up, but I really wouldn't bother with trying to do that. We don't do it for any of the other sports, and it works just fine. If people need to know the game match-up, then they should look it up themselves before risking their vote. Hockey is harder to pick a winner for than a lot of the other sports, and it probably won't have quite as many people voting in the threads just because less people follow hockey, and even less than that are willing to risk getting a lot of losses because it's tougher to predict (kind of like baseball and soccer are).

But if you have to wait until the day before or the day of to post the thread so you can have the thread match-up, even fewer people are going to vote on it because they won't see it in time. I would forget about the match-up previews and just stay about 3-4 days ahead by posting threads on the regular.

But in any event, if you are going to be posting up some NHL games more often, I don't mind making the poll option logos for you. And to answer your earlier question, I do not have Windows 7, still stuck on Vista over here.
 01-09-2011, 03:40 PMaway - #26
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL
Yeah, that's the time-consuming process I usually do, but Ronnie was saying something about Windows 7 having a cutting tool that makes cutting and pasting images a lot easier and faster. I'll have to ask him about that to see if I can utilize it for sports bets.

Okay, I'll leave the matchup preview alone and just post the match boxes and thanks for doing those logos. I appreciate it.
 01-09-2011, 04:30 PMaway - #27

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Yeah, that's the time-consuming process I usually do, but Ronnie was saying something about Windows 7 having a cutting tool that makes cutting and pasting images a lot easier and faster. I'll have to ask him about that to see if I can utilize it for sports bets.

Okay, I'll leave the matchup preview alone and just post the match boxes and thanks for doing those logos. I appreciate it.
Yeah no problem man. Just give me a couple of days because I have some other stuff going on...
 01-09-2011, 05:27 PMaway - #28
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$30,461 | POWERFUL

Yeah no problem man. Just give me a couple of days because I have some other stuff going on...
Okay, no problem. Whenever you can get to them is fine.

I also found out that cut & paste tool for Windows 7. It's called the Snipping Tool and it makes it so much easier. You can cut and paste directly from a web page, which is absolutely awesome, as well as save directly right there.

I put up the next 2 days of NHL games for now. I'll put up another 2 days or so tomorrow or something.
 02-07-2011, 09:36 PMaway - #29
waterscliff3 

d 
space
$147 | 211903
 02-21-2011, 06:11 PMaway - #30
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$22,809 | POWERFUL
anyone wanna help posting games
 02-27-2011, 02:19 AMaway - #31
DurtySoufReppin 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$6,890 | POWERFUL
I can do NBA...
 03-10-2011, 04:20 PMaway - #32
Pat McGroin 88 heat pts88

d 
space
$1,802 | POWERFUL
I'll help
 04-21-2011, 09:43 PMaway - #33
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$15,351 | POWERFUL
I can help with MLB. I can do the American League games and have another person do National League?
 06-08-2011, 10:30 AMaway - #34
texaco|B 

d 
space
$907 | 2251919
I dont want to become a mod, I just want post UFC bet's.
hit me if U want my help
 08-05-2011, 04:43 PMaway - #35
TCV|m 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$2,928 | POWERFUL
congrats Lethal!!! ...i think Sivraj should be considered too if you guys need more help he seems to always be in this section
 09-05-2011, 01:22 AMaway - #36

d 
space
$22,809 | POWERFUL
Anyone wanna help?
 09-11-2011, 05:22 PMaway - #37
texaco|B 

d 
space
$907 | 2251919
Originally Posted by KiNgJaMeS305
Anyone wanna help?
Originally Posted by texaco
I dont want to become a mod, I just want post UFC bet's.
hit me if U want my help
 09-14-2011, 11:04 PMaway - #38

d 
space
$22,809 | POWERFUL
^^^ ronnie should be adding you soon

i need maybe a coule more to help with mlb playoffs and nba season, nhl, etc
 09-15-2011, 04:49 PMaway - #39
Fresh Whyte|B 650 heat pts650

d 
space
$38,176 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KiNgJaMeS305
^^^ ronnie should be adding you soon

i need maybe a coule more to help with mlb playoffs and nba season, nhl, etc
...Shouldnt Be That Hard. I Dont Mind Helping Out.
 09-18-2011, 03:11 PMaway - #40

d 
space
$22,809 | POWERFUL
exaco u ro good to go. u can start posting games. any help u need pM me

Image inside  Dec 19 - Monster Three-foot “Rat” found in New York C..
102 comments
Dec 19 - STUDY: Men choose Internet pron over marriage for sex
82 comments
NBA Rondo era is over in Boston. RT @SportsCenter Celtics ag..
255 comments
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Charged With 21 Counts Of Havi...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 297 comments - by sdot216
 Video inside Ll Cool J And Canibus Performing 4,3,2,1 At Barclays
New reply 5 minutes ago - 77 comments - by RoyceDa59
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 180 comments - by KingMahaat
 Article inside Full 63 Page Bobby Shmurda/gs9 Indictment
New reply 6 minutes ago - 269 comments - by Nickel
 Image(s) inside Dec 18 - Tsarnaev Appears In Court For 1st Time Since ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 113 comments - by phantomnation
  Halo 5 Beta Starts Dec 19 - 21 For Preview Members Only
New reply 8 minutes ago - 143 comments - by LaRy BLanco
  Nintendo Is Knocking It Out Of The Park With Amiibo.
New reply 3 minutes ago - 56 comments - by K1
  Bieber Had 3.5m Fake Followers On Instagram
New reply 8 minutes ago - 65 comments - by sammy1990

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,901 fans of BX | none new today 4,845 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.