This is BX @ Boxden.com

If You're A REAL Hopkins Fan...

If You're A REAL Hopkins Fan...
topic by Grisly - 10-19-2008, 09:21 AM - Boxden > Pro Boxing presented by BX

.....then you would agree with me on this.

Roy Jones to beat Calzaghe.
and Bernard to ink the f!ght with Roy.

and give Roy the a$s whooping he been running from for years.
it'd be like the defining moment in bernard's eyes.
that's the f!ght he's been searching for his whole career since the first f!ght.
granted, roy's an old man now, and it wouldn't really prove much since i think hopkins would pull off a sure win. but it's just the principle.

Then retire and ride off into the sunset after destroying the young lion Pavlik.

He's got nothing more to prove.
I just wish some of ya'll mu####as would give the man the credit he deserves and been f!ghting for his whole career.

He hadda f!ght into his 40's just to get his respect and it's a damn shame.

But he'll forever go down in my eyes as the greatest f!ghter of my time.

Bar none.

Roy Jones, we coming.

Executioner style.

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

41 comments for "If You're A REAL Hopkins Fan..."

10-19-2008, 09:31 AMonline - #2
Welsh! 

d 
space
$5,299 | POWERFUL
if your a real boxing fan, youd realise that out of the three, Hopkins is the worst, followed by RJJ.

B.Hop is garbage.

It makes me laugh that now Hopkins has beaten Pavlik, everybody all of a sudden is and has always been a Hopkins fan, where you lot been?
 10-19-2008, 09:46 AMaway - #3
kokaine 

d 
space
$2,765 | 5356538
^ Why? cuz he chooses not to conform to how fans want a f!ght to go. Is it cuz he takes his time picking apart opponents. Besides beating bhop,kessler and jeff 'overhyped' lacy, whats calzaghes track record? B-hop fought trinidad, de la hoya in their primes and crushed them.... his last few f!ghts, he never really lost in a convincing fashion.... he also had a reign close to calzaghes ITS JUST YOUR EUROPEAN FANS GIVE YOUR OWN GUY TOO MUCH CREDIT WHEN ANOTHER MAN IN BERNARD HAS DONE THE SAME ####, IF NOT MORE TO CEMENT HIS LEGACY. AMERICANS ARE QUICK TO DISCREDIT THEIR OWN BREED, ESPECIALLY THESE d*ckRIDING ANALYSTS. In my eyes, it goes Hopkins,Roy, Calzaqhe... f!ghts with them now dont mean #### because their winding down their careers... but to each his own, just dont discredit b-hop because his f!ghts are dictated by his own actions...

If your not an athletically gifted human being who enjoys boxing and wants to see true skills displayed in the ring... b-hop is your man ... but if u like people gifted with fast hands, quick reflexes which have deteriorated then jones is your man ... and if you want someone who was too fu#king pu##y to use airplanes to come to the US during his prime to prove himself.... calzaghe is your man...(not saying that he isn't talented, but compared to two other GOATS he's not there even if he beats them when their in their 40's, although hes no young buck himself)

Last edited by kokaine; 10-19-2008 at 09:50 AM..
 10-19-2008, 10:08 AMaway - #4
Grisly 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$6,148 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Welsh!
if your a real boxing fan, youd realise that out of the three, Hopkins is the worst, followed by RJJ.

B.Hop is garbage.

It makes me laugh that now Hopkins has beaten Pavlik, everybody all of a sudden is and has always been a Hopkins fan, where you lot been?
the ####? ni##a im born and raised in philly i been a bernard fan my whole life.

only f!ghters i EVER ####ed wit was Bernard, Marvin Hagler (the bernard before bernard), and Meldrick Taylor, another philly f!ghter who was robbed of his legacy which was a damn shame, and Evander Holyfield.

so #### outta here wit that ####, you rat mouth a$s ni##a
eat a d*ck.
 10-19-2008, 10:10 AMaway - #5
Grisly 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$6,148 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Welsh!

B.Hop is garbage.

oh, of course. now i see why. he's from WALES.
one of those #### face fan boys that root for that #### who made his whole legacy f!ghting ####in trash outside the US in his home arena.
real convincing.

i pray night and day roy jones hooks the #### out of calzaghe face and trashes him.
cus that's what bernard did to his a$s in the 2nd round.
tell your boy go get a ####in chin first before he pops fly.
Roy got a stronger punch than bernard.
 10-19-2008, 10:13 AMaway - #6
Grisly 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$6,148 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kokaine
^ Why? cuz he chooses not to conform to how fans want a f!ght to go. Is it cuz he takes his time picking apart opponents. Besides beating bhop,kessler and jeff 'overhyped' lacy, whats calzaghes track record? B-hop fought trinidad, de la hoya in their primes and crushed them.... his last few f!ghts, he never really lost in a convincing fashion.... he also had a reign close to calzaghes ITS JUST YOUR EUROPEAN FANS GIVE YOUR OWN GUY TOO MUCH CREDIT WHEN ANOTHER MAN IN BERNARD HAS DONE THE SAME ####, IF NOT MORE TO CEMENT HIS LEGACY. AMERICANS ARE QUICK TO DISCREDIT THEIR OWN BREED, ESPECIALLY THESE d*ckRIDING ANALYSTS. In my eyes, it goes Hopkins,Roy, Calzaqhe... f!ghts with them now dont mean #### because their winding down their careers... but to each his own, just dont discredit b-hop because his f!ghts are dictated by his own actions...

If your not an athletically gifted human being who enjoys boxing and wants to see true skills displayed in the ring... b-hop is your man ... but if u like people gifted with fast hands, quick reflexes which have deteriorated then jones is your man ... and if you want someone who was too ####ing #### to use airplanes to come to the US during his prime to prove himself.... calzaghe is your man...(not saying that he isn't talented, but compared to two other GOATS he's not there even if he beats them when their in their 40's, although hes no young buck himself)

ANYBODY that claims to be a boxer, and has the NERVE to talk ####, and then claims he's going to retire after f!ghting Roy.....gets NO RESPECT in the game from anyone.

that just proves he's a ####. He literally would be undefeated by having beat basically NOBODY. and he'll be proud of that. and so will england. cus they're f####ts.

The only reason Pavlik fought hopkins was......because calzaghe tied his boots and ####in ran.

STOP TALKIN ####, YOUR MAN IS *sniff* *sniff* PUSSSSY!
 10-19-2008, 11:22 AMaway - #7
STILL.DETOX|m 665 heat pts665

d 
space
$11,453 | POWERFUL
no welshmen f#gs plz. if hopkins fought calzaghe like he did pavlik, calzaghe wouldve gotten knocked out . #### outta here
 10-19-2008, 11:47 AMaway - #8
Grisly 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$6,148 | POWERFUL
now, dont get me wrong. calzaghe fought a good f!ght.
bernard should've stayed on him after the knockdown.
im not here arguing that bernard was robbed.
calzaghe won legit. sort of. he did it with pitter patter punches that did nothing, but in the eyes of the judges, thats all that matters. so he won.

what i'm saying is, calzaghe beating bernard HARDLY validates him or his career as ANYTHING even NEAR legendary.
kid barely walked halfway down that path.
so its laughable when calzaghe welshman fans want to say hes a legend and him saying hes gonna retire after he f!ghts roy. its gay.
ni##a never did #### in his whole career to brag about.

#### outta here.
 10-19-2008, 11:47 AMaway - #9
Grisly 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$6,148 | POWERFUL
and if he would TRASH pavlik.
why did he run from the f!ght then?......

*listens to the silence.*
 10-19-2008, 12:04 PMaway - #10
STILL.DETOX|m 665 heat pts665

d 
space
$11,453 | POWERFUL
 10-19-2008, 10:21 PMaway - #11
nyynyj225 

d 
space
$1,575 | 4052305
Hopkins would've beaten Jones in 2001 when they should've fought and he will beat him 2009 when they probably will f!ght.
 10-19-2008, 10:53 PMaway - #12
PEK 6 heat pts

d 
space
$7,910 | POWERFUL
I really dont think Roy will beat Calzage. I mean if he lets his hands go he can win easy, but he dont let his go no more. Hopkins should try to get a f!ght with Chad Dawson.
 10-20-2008, 10:07 AMaway - #13
Grisly 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$6,148 | POWERFUL
yea, im not sure Roy will beat calzaghe either

i just HOPE he does lol. i want bernard to whoop that ni##as a$s once and for all after all them years of runnin from the rematch.
 10-30-2008, 12:23 PMaway - #14
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,470 | POWERFUL
lol you must have forgot roy done whopped his with one hand (literally).And you can #### and moan about how bernard was still green but bernard was older then roy and had about the same amount of f!ghts...and if you take that loss away it would have been like 40 straight wins for hopkins

second, must have also forgot hopkins was the one who turned down the f!ghts...roy was the champ,roy was the money maker,roy was #1 p4p and he was going to give hop a 55-45 split..hopkins wouldn't take...he wanted 50 50 after he was already beaten and the challenger
 10-30-2008, 12:30 PMaway - #15
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,470 | POWERFUL
60/40 i'll whoop that a$s!!

10-30-2008, 01:07 PMaway - #16
r a n c i d 

d 
space
$20,576 | POWERFUL
You're all morons. How can you hype Hopkins over Calzaghe when Calzaghe beat him?

The Hopkins who thought Pavlik would have taken a far more thorough beating if he thought Joe like that.

How is this so difficult for you people to grasp? The only reason Hopkins survived is because he was scared to f!ght Calzaghe. If Hopkins had the stomach to try and f!ght Calzaghe in the same fashion he tried to f!ght Pavlik he would be dismantled, and massacred.

Hopkins got the best result he could have gotten against Joe by f!ghting on the back foot and clinching every time Joe threw.

That is the only way for Hopkins to take a respectable loss to Calzaghe. To f!ght on his backfoot and clinch. If he fought in a more agressive and open manner like he did Pavlik he would have been utterly destroyed. Hopkins knows this, which is why Hopkins fought in the manner in which he fought when f!ghting Calzaghe.

Secondly. Whoever said Joe needs to get a chin is a ####ing idiot. That's one thing you can't say Joe doesn't have. He has a jaw of granite. He just got caught slippin.

And Hopkins is in no position to be calling out Roy after the amount of running hiding and blatant ####ry Old man Hop has done regarding a f!ght with Jones.
 10-30-2008, 03:24 PMaway - #17
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,470 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by r a n c i d
You're all morons. How can you hype Hopkins over Calzaghe when Calzaghe beat him?

The Hopkins who thought Pavlik would have taken a far more thorough beating if he thought Joe like that.

How is this so difficult for you people to grasp? The only reason Hopkins survived is because he was scared to f!ght Calzaghe. If Hopkins had the stomach to try and f!ght Calzaghe in the same fashion he tried to f!ght Pavlik he would be dismantled, and massacred.

Hopkins got the best result he could have gotten against Joe by f!ghting on the back foot and clinching every time Joe threw.

That is the only way for Hopkins to take a respectable loss to Calzaghe. To f!ght on his backfoot and clinch. If he fought in a more agressive and open manner like he did Pavlik he would have been utterly destroyed. Hopkins knows this, which is why Hopkins fought in the manner in which he fought when f!ghting Calzaghe.

Secondly. Whoever said Joe needs to get a chin is a ####ing idiot. That's one thing you can't say Joe doesn't have. He has a jaw of granite. He just got caught slippin.

And Hopkins is in no position to be calling out Roy after the amount of running hiding and blatant ####ry Old man Hop has done regarding a f!ght with Jones.
i've been boxing since i was a kid and know the ins and outs and it just irks me when i see somebody overrated.Honestly i knwo this will p#ss you off but everybody from europe always think their guys are the best but the fact is they just stay over there and f!ght eachother....they don't come to america and f!ght the cream of the crop...from darius running his mouth about roy and never comin over here to f!ght to calzaghe finally f!ghting top contender but now everybody is old and out of their prime in that weight division.I give props to hatton for coming over in his prime and f!ghting the best...he gotta beating by mayweather but atleast he manned up and fought the top....who has calzaghe beat?I give4 him credit for beating kessler but i feel hopkins woulda whooped his a$s if he came out and fought like he normally does.When he fought winky and joe he looked terrible.He put joe down in the first round and just stood back like he was trying to conserve energy the whole f!ght...like he was tired.

anyway i give roy jones a shot against almost nobody at this point in his career...but don't be surprised if roy takes a win over calzaghe because he's very overrated in my opinion
 10-31-2008, 03:33 AMaway - #18
r a n c i d 

d 
space
$20,576 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by philly337
i've been boxing since i was a kid and know the ins and outs and it just irks me when i see somebody overrated.Honestly i knwo this will p#ss you off but everybody from europe always think their guys are the best but the fact is they just stay over there and f!ght eachother....they don't come to america and f!ght the cream of the crop...from darius running his mouth about roy and never comin over here to f!ght to calzaghe finally f!ghting top contender but now everybody is old and out of their prime in that weight division.I give props to hatton for coming over in his prime and f!ghting the best...he gotta beating by mayweather but atleast he manned up and fought the top....who has calzaghe beat?I give4 him credit for beating kessler but i feel hopkins woulda whooped his a$s if he came out and fought like he normally does.When he fought winky and joe he looked terrible.He put joe down in the first round and just stood back like he was trying to conserve energy the whole f!ght...like he was tired.

anyway i give roy jones a shot against almost nobody at this point in his career...but don't be surprised if roy takes a win over calzaghe because he's very overrated in my opinion
You're an idiot though. Calzaghe might be overhyped. It doesn't change the fact he beat Hopkins, and if Hopkins fought like he "normally" does against Calzaghe, he would have been massacred.

If you box and know the ins and outs like you claimed you'd know Hopkins got the best result he could possibly get against Calzaghe by f!ghting like a homos3xual.

And Roy isn't beating anybody. I debate with people like you ever since i joined boxden.

If i listened to you 'experianced' boxing fans who had this inside knowledge on boxing and European f####try then Calzaghe would have lost to Lacy, Manfredo, Bika, Kessler and Hopkins.

But he beat all of them. I don't take any of your opinions seriously.

I think Stogz is the only person who while we primarily disagree, he called every f!ght accurately.

The rest of you are just hopefuls rooting for your own. You're void of any logic.
 10-31-2008, 10:16 AMonline - #19
Welsh! 

d 
space
$5,299 | POWERFUL
Calzaghe is overhyped? ok maybe by UK fans but RJJ is overhyped by USA fans..

I don't bother arguing anymore, all Hopkins fans are idiots
 10-31-2008, 10:39 AMaway - #20
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,470 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by r a n c i d
You're an idiot though. Calzaghe might be overhyped. It doesn't change the fact he beat Hopkins, and if Hopkins fought like he "normally" does against Calzaghe, he would have been massacred.

If you box and know the ins and outs like you claimed you'd know Hopkins got the best result he could possibly get against Calzaghe by f!ghting like a homos3xual.

And Roy isn't beating anybody. I debate with people like you ever since i joined boxden.

If i listened to you 'experianced' boxing fans who had this inside knowledge on boxing and European f####try then Calzaghe would have lost to Lacy, Manfredo, Bika, Kessler and Hopkins.

But he beat all of them. I don't take any of your opinions seriously.

I think Stogz is the only person who while we primarily disagree, he called every f!ght accurately.

The rest of you are just hopefuls rooting for your own. You're void of any logic.
lol...if that's what you'd like to believe so be it...fact is americans don't really care where a f!ghter is from we just like to see the best...you saw when hatton came over he was cheered by many...same with mexican and puerto rican f!ghters....fact is the only people who think calzaghe and these european f!ghters are these all mighty superior boxers are people who are from that country.That's fine...their is always delusional home town fans in every sport...you just happen to be one of them...look who you named as his credentials....manfredo (lol..a contender f!ghter who came and stood there and is just a journeymen),bika (for real?),lacy (about as one dimensional as it gets and barely pulled out victories over washed up bums before calzaghe),i'll give him credit for kessler and hopkins (although kessler is another who won't come over and really f!ght the top)...that's it...who else has he beaten to be the p4p God you guys act like he is?

and lol...calzaghe didn't even put a scratch on hopkins face...how would he have beat the #### out of him if he let his hands go.hopkins stood there in front of him the entire night and joe couldn't hit him

Last edited by philly337; 10-31-2008 at 10:42 AM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter > Pro Boxing presented by BX

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
10 Producers Accused of Making the Same Beat Over and Over Again.
51 comments
Image inside  SlowBucks Responds
85 comments
Video inside  Smack/URL Presents- Shotgun Suge Vs Charron [DISCUSSIO..
107 comments
  Chief Keef Dropped From Interscope
New reply 35 seconds ago - 162 comments - by youngige
 Image(s) inside Fake Everything... I Ain't Complaining Though - Ines
New reply 6 minutes ago - 75 comments - by 5_star_smitty
 Article inside 2014 Is First Year Ever With Zero Platinum-certified R...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 167 comments - by Fly or Die
 Image(s) inside I Think It Is Safe To Say That Any Bx Member Would Plo...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 75 comments - by Ole-G
  I Hate Niggas That...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 77 comments - by tripleG
 Image(s) inside Oct 19 - Ga Teen Forced To Ground At Gunpoint For Seat...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 108 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 audio inside Joe Budden "ordinary Love Sh-t Pt. 4"
New reply 5 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Nickel
 NBA Kobe Bryant: The Lakers Downfall " He's Not As Go...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 174 comments - by MrHashTag

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,827 fans of BX | none new today 4,791 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.