This is BX @ Boxden.com

Official BX Sports Betting Discussion Thread

BXSC Sports Betting

* BX Sports Betting Discussion Thread - Talk about your rank, who to vote for, etc

Official BX Sports Betting Discussion Thread
 11-24-2010, 02:57 PMaway - #61
RayG210 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$3,080 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Lethal Intent

Most games (except soccer, boxing, and wrestling) are set to not show who voted for what, because then people will just start copying the votes of others who are high on the leaderboard. If you can't remember who you voted for, then that may be a bit of a problem. Just do what I do and reply in the thread saying who you picked. That way you know who you voted for, and you know that you did in fact vote in that poll.
Understandable, but the user themselves should be able to see their own history. I'm not talking about in the poll results, but rather a new page that they can go to by clicking their profile and/or W/L record. From there a list of previous picks would be generated. The page could be set with permissions so that the user can only view his/her own history. As for replying to thread, that's a decent alternative, but a bit tedious to have to go back and scan through threads.

Also, it's not the fact that I don't remember who I voted for, it's the fact that I know who I voted for but yet I rack up a loss that I believe I didn't vote for. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd like the a$surance just to be safe. The last time I participated in this section was back in 08. I received a loss because I chose the a team on a thread that hadn't had the poll closed, they won the game that I was voting on, but the thread was recycled to the next game between the two & the team I chose lost, so I received a loss. Couldn't get it worked out, so I stopped playing.

I'm not complaining, just making a suggestion if it hasn't already been made. It'd be a very nice feature to add.
 11-24-2010, 03:17 PMaway - #62
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Lex Lossis
I still bet on it. I use teh smark knowledge of WWE probability.
And that's all I do as well. What more can you do? I would stop doing it if the threads weren't a success, but they are. Each thread for the last two PPVs has had 15-20 votes each. That's more than the soccer threads get, so I would say that people do not mind the WWE threads.
Originally Posted by Jay Aye Three
Understandable, but the user themselves should be able to see their own history. I'm not talking about in the poll results, but rather a new page that they can go to by clicking their profile and/or W/L record. From there a list of previous picks would be generated. The page could be set with permissions so that the user can only view his/her own history. As for replying to thread, that's a decent alternative, but a bit tedious to have to go back and scan through threads.

Also, it's not the fact that I don't remember who I voted for, it's the fact that I know who I voted for but yet I rack up a loss that I believe I didn't vote for. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd like the a$surance just to be safe. The last time I participated in this section was back in 08. I received a loss because I chose the a team on a thread that hadn't had the poll closed, they won the game that I was voting on, but the thread was recycled to the next game between the two & the team I chose lost, so I received a loss. Couldn't get it worked out, so I stopped playing.

I'm not complaining, just making a suggestion if it hasn't already been made. It'd be a very nice feature to add.
I will forward this information to ronnie. If something like this was ever going to be added, it'd be him who would have to make it happen.

I understand your frustration, but I cannot do anything about it at this point in time.
 11-24-2010, 07:15 PMaway - #63
RayG210 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$3,080 | POWERFUL
No doubt, I'm not worried about it. Just wanted to throw it out there. Would come in handy in the future.
 11-25-2010, 08:06 AMaway - #64
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$30,361 | POWERFUL
I wasn't complaining about the wrestling threads, I was just bringing up an observation I had. I just figured it was kind of "unfair" to bet on something that already had the winner(s) and loser(s) scripted. It's all good, though, since I bet on them anyway.

As for the user betting records, it's possible to have them, I just don't think Ronnie ever implemented them/though about it. The thing with BX's betting is that it's custom made. If you know anything about vBulletin (the software most online boards are run off of), then you'd know that it has its own betting feature that has a place where users can see their bets, but since ours is custom made it doesn't have that feature. It's definitely something Ronnie could look into, though.
 11-25-2010, 08:29 AMaway - #65

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by danny
I wasn't complaining about the wrestling threads, I was just bringing up an observation I had. I just figured it was kind of "unfair" to bet on something that already had the winner(s) and loser(s) scripted. It's all good, though, since I bet on them anyway.

As for the user betting records, it's possible to have them, I just don't think Ronnie ever implemented them/though about it. The thing with BX's betting is that it's custom made. If you know anything about vBulletin (the software most online boards are run off of), then you'd know that it has its own betting feature that has a place where users can see their bets, but since ours is custom made it doesn't have that feature. It's definitely something Ronnie could look into, though.
Yeah. I sent ronnie a PM to bring it to his attention. He told me he would look into it.
 11-25-2010, 08:37 AMaway - #66
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$30,361 | POWERFUL
Nice. It would be a good feature to have so hopefully Ronnie can get it done.
 11-28-2010, 10:05 AMaway - #67
SecondComing101 2 heat pts

d 
space
$359 | 1520176
Can someone PM me and show me how to put my sc stats and the teams below my page so that it shows up everytime i post
 11-28-2010, 01:39 PMaway - #68

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SecondComing101
Can someone PM me and show me how to put my sc stats and the teams below my page so that it shows up everytime i post
Click "Control Panel" near the top of the page here on the Boxden forums. Once you get to your User CP, look on the left for a button that says "Edit Options," and click. Scroll down until you see a question that says "Show BX Sports Center Stats?" Once you find that, click the radio button next to "YES." Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes," and you are finished. The BX Sports Center betting stats will only display with your signature in the Sports Center section of Boxden. If you post outside of the Sports Center, you will not be able to see your stats with your signature.
 12-17-2010, 08:15 PMaway - #69
brownie_d 9 heat pts

d 
space
$822 | 4039427
Just wanted to know who had the longest winning streak on the betting center and what was the number?
 12-17-2010, 08:21 PMaway - #70

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by brownie_d
Just wanted to know who had the longest winning streak on the betting center and what was the number?
I think that I recall seeing BlaznHizzle (the former king of this section...I'm only in 1st because he took this season off) get like 26 or 27 in a row on the streak. The streak all depends on a lot of things though. It mostly depends on the order that the bookie closes the threads. If a bunch of NBA and college basketball games end, and a bookie doesn't come through until tomorrow morning to update them, it would all depend on what order the games were closed as far as how long the streak would go.
 12-17-2010, 08:50 PMaway - #71
brownie_d 9 heat pts

d 
space
$822 | 4039427
I was on an 11 game - thought I was king #### but guess not anymore
on top of that I don't know remember my bad pick.
There isn't a history for your bets right?
 12-18-2010, 06:33 AMaway - #72

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
I was on an 11 game - thought I was king #### but guess not anymore
on top of that I don't know remember my bad pick.
There isn't a history for your bets right?
No, there is not a history at this point in time for each individual user's bets. Another member pitched the idea about incorporating this into our system, and I passed that idea to "the powers that be."
 12-31-2010, 08:39 AMaway - #73
brownie_d 9 heat pts

d 
space
$822 | 4039427
Yo Lethal, how does the point system work for the rankings?
 12-31-2010, 08:45 AMaway - #74

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Yo Lethal, how does the point system work for the rankings?
The difference between the number of wins you have and the number of losses you have is the number that equals what your points are. For example, right now you would have 52 points because your record is 66-12. You have 52 more wins than you have losses.
 12-31-2010, 07:04 PMaway - #75
brownie_d 9 heat pts

d 
space
$822 | 4039427
Alright Thanks dude
 01-01-2011, 01:07 PMaway - #76

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Alright Thanks dude
No problem man.
 01-03-2011, 06:42 AMaway - #77
5_star_smitty|m 147 heat pts147

d 
space
$37,524 | POWERFUL
how about taking 2010 out of the options when making deadline for bets???
 01-07-2011, 03:04 PMaway - #78

d 
space
$10,444 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 5_star_smitty
how about taking 2010 out of the options when making deadline for bets???
Looks like it was already taken care of.
 01-09-2011, 09:41 PMaway - #79
Bart Pimpson 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$6,971 | POWERFUL
How can i check what picks i lost & won on??
 01-25-2011, 04:44 PMaway - #80
100dollarman 1 heat pts

d 
space
$991 | 1239210
What do you think of this pick for today?????

Syracuse 12.5
Dayton 2.5
Buffalo 3
Virginia Tech 3
Denver 4.5

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter > BXSC Sports Betting

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
78 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
79 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
95 comments
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 98 comments - by The Bully
 NFL Week 9- Tnf- New Orleans Saints Vs. Carolina Panthers
New reply 13 minutes ago - 440 comments - by Frasier
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 201 comments - by NoLastName
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 19 minutes ago - 204 comments - by SpazzOut
 Image(s) inside Oct 29 - Aliens Are Real Reveals Former Area 51 Scient...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 202 comments - by Rick Ross
  Best Rap Album Of 2014?
New reply 20 minutes ago - 105 comments - by QB Eagles
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 91 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 NBA Kobe Now Cursed Out In First Two Games Of The Season
New reply 24 minutes ago - 117 comments - by Loc Da Pusherman

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.