This is BX @ Boxden.com

BX Betting Section Suggestions, ideas, etc.

BXSC Sports Betting

* BX Sports Betting Discussion Thread - Talk about your rank, who to vote for, etc

BX Betting Section Suggestions, ideas, etc.
 01-01-2010, 07:01 AMaway - #21
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$29,649 | POWERFUL
Word. Good !!, dude.
 03-10-2010, 12:22 AMaway - #22
mattdogg444 

d 
space
$13,261 | 20891664
HOCKEY...even if you dont know about it you can still bet on the !!...i know your all americans and think hockey sucks and youve never watched a game in your life...and dont know the rules so you dont understand the game...kinda like how i was with football when i was a kid i thought it sucked but once your LEARN the rules its a great game...anyways i think you should add hockey.......
waits for someone to say !! hockey...lol
 03-10-2010, 10:10 PMaway - #23
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$29,649 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mattdogg444
HOCKEY...even if you dont know about it you can still bet on the !!...i know your all americans and think hockey sucks and youve never watched a game in your life...and dont know the rules so you dont understand the game...kinda like how i was with football when i was a kid i thought it sucked but once your LEARN the rules its a great game...anyways i think you should add hockey.......
waits for someone to say !! hockey...lol
I'm right there with you. I'm an American, born and raised, but I LOVE hockey. I wish that they would put up more hockey games, but it hasn't been happening. They were doing a few for a while, but then it stopped not too long ago.

Get those NHL games back up!
 03-11-2010, 04:32 AMaway - #24
Lethal Intent|m 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,435 | POWERFUL
I could agree with the hockey. Also, a lot of college games always seem to be left off, and I don't understand why. I know we've only got Blaznhizzle and KingJames305 doing the majority of the thread posting, with 5starsmitty covering soccer, but maybe we need a couple more posters to handle the rest of the stuff. I mean this section goes all out with the sports betting, so there's no reason there shouldn't be hockey games posted on the regular. And there's no reason why a lot of these college games should be left out either. Especially considering it's March 11th, and I don't see any threads for the NCAA conference championship tournaments on here!

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Blazn, James, and smitty...but I know that only have so much time on their hands. I just feel like this section could be improved just a little bit if one or two more people were given the power to post threads that the others may have forgotten. And plus, we've got mods like Fishscale and all he does in here is post boxing matches once a damn month. In addition, it would make for a lighter work load for everybody. I'd be willing to help too.
 03-14-2010, 07:03 PMaway - #25
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts

d 
space
$13,865 | POWERFUL
hockey games are pointless. I tried for awhile but EVERYONE picks the same !! so there is no need. I'll put them back up for playoffs.

Lethal, I kno you you trying to make a push but we dont need help until next season. All we got in the summer is MLB and I got that handled.
 03-14-2010, 07:20 PMaway - #26

d 
space
$10,435 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BlaznHizzle
hockey games are pointless. I tried for awhile but EVERYONE picks the same !! so there is no need. I'll put them back up for playoffs.

Lethal, I kno you you trying to make a push but we dont need help until next season. All we got in the summer is MLB and I got that handled.
Ok man, I feel you. Just let me know if you decide you need some help. I hope I'm in the front-running if a position becomes available!

Oh and by the way, I think the timers for the threads and polls being closed are !!ing up. Maybe it's because of DST or something? All the games for March 15th are closed right now, and they're not until tomorrow. Just thought I'd point that out...
 03-14-2010, 07:31 PMaway - #27
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts

d 
space
$13,865 | POWERFUL
they say there closed on the bottom but they still let you vote till the correct time.
let me know if you have an issue but they all seem to be working.
 03-14-2010, 08:52 PMaway - #28

d 
space
$10,435 | POWERFUL
Yes, they were all still working. Thanks Blaznhizzle. I just got nervous since I'm within 2 points of James now. Finally some damn competition again!
 03-15-2010, 12:26 PMaway - #29

d 
space
$10,435 | POWERFUL

/e

password: boxden

For everybody who regularly participates on this section of Boxden. All users who regularly make their picks here in the BXSC Sports Betting section of Boxden. Come on...EVERYBODY in here needs to sign up!h
 03-15-2010, 02:23 PMaway - #30

d 
space
$10,435 | POWERFUL
Nevermind, Bezerk already made one, here's the thread:

01-06-2011, 09:52 PMaway - #31
coolwhip 

d 
space
$1,136 | 1934417
Lethal,
is there any NHL betting ??
 01-07-2011, 03:03 PMaway - #32

d 
space
$10,435 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by coolwhip
Lethal,
There is supposed to be. We've tried it before though, and it wasn't very popular as far as number of votes. But maybe we could try it again. The MOD who goes by the name danny is supposed to be in charge of NHL games, but he hasn't been doing them. The college basketball and NBA games keep me too damn busy to try to juggle another sport at this point in time. KingJames is kept busy with the football. Maybe after football is over James can post some NHL games and do the MLB games once the football is over. But that is completely up to him. I like having things complete, so I wouldn't mind it if every single game of every single sport could be posted. But we'd have to have like 4 other people helping us in order to make that possible.
 01-07-2011, 03:42 PMaway - #33
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$29,649 | POWERFUL
Lethal,
Yes, there is. I usually handle them, but I can't find any site that gives matchup previews more than 24 hours before the games happen, which makes it a lot harder to get the polls up for NHL games. ESPN waits until after the games from the night before to be over before even starting to get the match-up previews put up and NHL.com seems to only do the next 2 days, which I think is something new they started doing because I've never seen that on there before not long ago.

Canucks fan, eh? Nice choice in a team, I must say so myself. I'm a Devils fan, but, more importantly, a hockey fan. The Devils are messing their team up this year, but we'll see what Lou and the management have in store from here on out.

I'll try getting more NHL games up now that NHL.com does 2 days in advance with the matchup previews.

Last edited by danny; 10-23-2012 at 06:29 AM..
 01-09-2011, 11:41 AMaway - #34
coolwhip 

d 
space
$1,136 | 1934417
Originally Posted by danny
Yes, there is. I usually handle them, but I can't find any site that gives matchup previews more than 24 hours before the games happen, which makes it a lot harder to get the polls up for NHL games. ESPN waits until after the games from the night before to be over before even starting to get the matchup previews put up and NHL.com seems to onbly do the next 2 days, which I think is something new they started doing because I've never seen that on there before not long ago.

Canucks fan, eh? Nice choice in a team, I must say so myself. I'm a Devils fan, but, more importantly, a hockey fan. The Devils are messing their team up this year, but we'll see what Lou and the management have in store from here on out.

I'll try getting more NHL games up now that NHL.com does 2 days in advance with the matchup previews.
Wats Good Man. Good lookin out on the post. I usually check my previews on yahoo sports. good writeups most of the time. I think they only do it on the day of tho.

Been a Van City Fan Since 93/94'. Was probably like 5 and remember watching them in the playoffs against the rangers. Im from Van City too so its easier to be a fan. Lot of band wagon jumpers but youre gonna get that in all sports. This season is definitely looking promising. Hiring the goalie coach has done our team wonders. The way they are spacing out playing time is genius too. Sucks that we just signed Bobby Lou to a huge contract when schnieder is beasting it. 8-0-2 i think? Our 4th line line is stepping up too. This team just wants to win more than ever this year and everyone on the team is buying into the system. As long as our D stays healthy, Theres a great chance of them making into the Finals.

Your devils really !!ed themselves this year. Dont know what upper management was thinking when they signed Kovy to that huge deal. You cant have a team rolling with only 15 players a game I like Brodeur alot so i hope he picks it up. one of the best goalies to play the game. No way he can end his career on this kindof play
 01-09-2011, 12:18 PMaway - #35
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$29,649 | POWERFUL
Wats Good Man. Good lookin out on the post. I usually check my previews on yahoo sports. good writeups most of the time. I think they only do it on the day of tho.

Been a Van City Fan Since 93/94'. Was probably like 5 and remember watching them in the playoffs against the rangers. Im from Van City too so its easier to be a fan. Lot of band wagon jumpers but youre gonna get that in all sports. This season is definitely looking promising. Hiring the goalie coach has done our team wonders. The way they are spacing out playing time is genius too. Sucks that we just signed Bobby Lou to a huge contract when schnieder is beasting it. 8-0-2 i think? Our 4th line line is stepping up too. This team just wants to win more than ever this year and everyone on the team is buying into the system. As long as our D stays healthy, Theres a great chance of them making into the Finals.

Your devils really !!ed themselves this year. Dont know what upper management was thinking when they signed Kovy to that huge deal. You cant have a team rolling with only 15 players a game I like Brodeur alot so i hope he picks it up. one of the best goalies to play the game. No way he can end his career on this kindof play
Yeah, I hear you on the bandwagon front. There's a lot of "fans" out there that do that in every sport, like you said.

The Canucks are a really good, solid team that should be a playoff contender for years to come. I feel like a lot of teams are trying to lock in one or two players to long-term deals that mess up the financial state of the organization for the future and it really sucks for the good teams like the Devils. I don't know how you can justify that and then trade away our captain to get a 3rd, 2nd round draft pick at best and barely have enough money to be able to re-sign one of our signature players in Parise after he becomes a UFA next year. Any team that does that limits what they can do in regards to signing new talent, getting trades done, and staying within the cap limit. Very poor choices in management thus far this year.

I like your Canucks avatar, too.
 01-09-2011, 12:30 PMaway - #36
coolwhip 

d 
space
$1,136 | 1934417
Originally Posted by danny
Yeah, I hear you on the bandwagon front. There's a lot of "fans" out there that do that in every sport, like you said.

The Canucks are a really good, solid team that should be a playoff contender for years to come. I feel like a lot of teams are trying to lock in one or two players to long-term deals that mess up the financial state of the organization for the future and it really sucks for the good teams like the Devils. I don't know how you can justify that and then trade away our captain to get a 3rd, 2nd round draft pick at best and barely have enough money to be able to re-sign one of our signature players in Parise after he becomes a UFA next year. Any team that does that limits what they can do in regards to signing new talent, getting trades done, and staying within the cap limit. Very poor choices in management thus far this year.

I like your Canucks avatar, too.

Misa Campo seen one more of her in a Habs jersey.

No doubt Canucks will be playoff contenders but we've had a real tough time makin it outta the 2nd round. I remember 2 years ago when they were up 2-1 in the series and were leading 1-0 in the game against the hawks, mitchell turned it over in our end with a min left and the hawks tied it up and won it in OT. at that point i knew it was a done deal.
Im finding more teams are trying to sign that one player also and hoping theyll have success in that one year or year after. Not too many GMs have the long term goal in mind. I guess with the US economy and hockey not being so big there, theyre trying to make the owners money instantly. Glad Mike Gillis didnt have that thought in mind when he semi rebuilt our team.
With the NFL & NBA lockouts coming next year, hopefully hockey gets more media coverage for the US. Canucks games are great to watch. Tons of action and most of the time a back and forth game. Made a lot of money off them so far this year so i hope they keep it up hahah.

If the NHL had the crazy hype olympic hockey had, !! would be nuts. I was on the main strip in Van when that Gold Medal game went on. Drunk at 9am when they started serving and all i can say is DAMNNNNNNNN. Streets were !!ing INSANE. it was shoulder to shoulder with all the people down there. Streets were !!ing packed for miles. I hope the olympics come back. Best time of my life. and the women
 01-09-2011, 02:37 PMaway - #37
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$29,649 | POWERFUL
She's a dime, for sure.

Yeah, hockey is my favorite sport and it's actually sad that it doesn't get as much attention as some of these other sports. It's definitely one of the most physical and grueling sports out there so I have no idea why more people don't watch it and get more television coverage.

I bet, man. I wish I could have been there. It would have been one awesome spectacle to be at. I definitely hope I can attend one Winter Olympics hockey game in my lifetime. It definitely would be amazing.
 01-09-2011, 11:21 PMaway - #38
coolwhip 

d 
space
$1,136 | 1934417
even if the olympics are a state over for you, GO! I get goosebumps watching highlights of that !!. just knowing i was part of it and just the pride people show for their countries, its really a loss for words till you experience it.

Just wondering, is there another sports betting sub forum? I know theres the original one that i use to post in all the time but abunch of clowns have made the legit posters leave that area. If there is can you PM me the link. Or maybe you or Lethal or Ronnie can make a new one but have a password to get in, so that way theres no BS. I know quite a few of us would like that
 01-14-2011, 10:51 PMaway - #39
danny|M 1 heat pts

d 
space
$29,649 | POWERFUL
No, this is the only sports betting forum there is on BX.
 06-22-2011, 12:17 AMaway - #40
stv18 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$4,058 | 16428454
Add UFC Live on Versus card this Sunday. Marquart vs Story, Kongo vs Barry, Brown vs Howard, Mitrtione vs Morecraft.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter > BXSC Sports Betting

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
60 comments
NBA James Dolan BLOCKING Phil Jackson from firing Knicks per..
54 comments
NBA Tim Donaghy: NBA has told refs to give Nets calls over R..
53 comments
 Image(s) inside The Real Nike Re Stock In The Next 10 Days
New reply 20 seconds ago - 138 comments - by donmagic901
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 6 minutes ago - 73 comments - by AngOmusic93
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 142 comments - by JordanWest86
 Video inside Scarface - No Problem (official Music Video)
New reply 17 minutes ago - 56 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Apr 22 - A New Study Shows What The Job Market Will Lo...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 67 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
  Apr 22 - Close To 50 Shot Over Easter Weekend In Chicago
New reply 19 minutes ago - 54 comments - by tdnupe3
 NBA Woj: Turner And Stephenson Fist Fought Right Before Pl...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 64 comments - by 44wade
 NBA Lakers Sg Kobe Bryant Returns To The Court
New reply 24 minutes ago - 54 comments - by ReggieA

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,647 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.