This is BX @ Boxden.com


Norton Online Backup Activation Pops Up on Startup


 Norton Online Backup Activation Pops Up on Startup
topic by Kazel - 01-22-2010, 05:16 AM - Boxden > Tech Questions and Answers


How do I remove it? I uninstalled Norton and thought I got rid of everything, but everytime I start my PC, it asks me if I want to activate Norton Online Backup. I always click the option "Do Not Remind Me Again" but it always does. Anyone know how to stop it?:banghead:


share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

5 comments for "Norton Online Backup Activation Pops Up on Startup"


 01-22-2010, 07:04 AMaway - #2
Bman409 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$16,009 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kazel
How do I remove it? I uninstalled Norton and thought I got rid of everything, but everytime I start my PC, it asks me if I want to activate Norton Online Backup. I always click the option "Do Not Remind Me Again" but it always does. Anyone know how to stop it?:banghead:
What do you do on your PC on a daily basis? It seems that you consistently have PC problems.

Anyways.. some programs tend to leave other extensions, etc after you install them, I dunno why they do it cause it's very annoying but did you try and do a PC search on your PC?
  • Start--> Search--> Key in "Norton" or anything similar to it.
If it comes up then it ain't uninstalled on your PC, no? If you do find it try and look for an uninstall.exe file, it usually be in the folder if it's not then just simply delete the folder (move to recycle bin) and then restart your PC and see if the problem goes away.

If the problem persists then read , it's from Symantac themselves exampling how to get it uninstalled.

Last edited by Bman409; 01-22-2010 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Misspelled a word
 01-22-2010, 08:30 AMaway - #3
specialk103185 60 heat pts60

  d 
space
$6,438 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bman409
What do you do on your PC on a daily basis? It seems that you consistently have PC problems.

Anyways.. some programs tend to leave other extensions, etc after you install them, I dunno why they do it cause it's very annoying but did you try and do a PC search on your PC?
  • Start--> Search--> Key in "Norton" or anything similar to it.
If it comes up then it ain't uninstalled on your PC, no? If you do find it try and look for an uninstall.exe file, it usually be in the folder if it's not then just simply delete the folder (move to recycle bin) and then restart your PC and see if the problem goes away.

If the problem persists then read , it's from Symantac themselves exampling how to get it uninstalled.
for some reason that just got me, lol.
 01-22-2010, 09:13 AMaway - #4
Bman409 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$16,009 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by specialk103185
for some reason that just got me, lol.
Cause you know it's true but I don't mind helping just gives me something to do.
 01-22-2010, 01:14 PMaway - #5
Kazel 

  d 
space
$4,506 | POWERFUL
Well, there are 6 computers in my house, and people on them constantly. I am the only one who fixes em, so I post all the problems here, lol
 01-23-2010, 09:01 AMaway - #6
Bman409 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$16,009 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kazel
Well, there are 6 computers in my house, and people on them constantly. I am the only one who fixes em, so I post all the problems here, lol
Oh well that explains it all.

Well no problem in trying to help cause helping others make me learn as I go as well, win-win situation for both.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech > Tech Questions and Answers
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
111 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
58 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
61 comments
  Top 10 Wealthiest Pro Wrestlers Of All Time
New reply 1 minute ago - 58 comments - by bridouble
 Video inside Apr 22 - Christie Vows Not To Legalize Pot: New Jersey...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 119 comments - by Ham Rove
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 103 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 17 minutes ago - 89 comments - by AngOmusic93
 NBA Bradley Beal Says Fu-k Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
New reply 4 minutes ago - 112 comments - by bridouble
 Image(s) inside This Is What Americans Will Look Like By 2050 – And It...
New reply 38 minutes ago - 54 comments - by fabarab
 Image(s) inside Verizon Aint Playin O O
New reply 6 minutes ago - 74 comments - by ATLDOPEBOI18
 Image(s) inside Here's A Good Reason To Not Shop At Kohl's
New reply 43 minutes ago - 62 comments - by justakidd

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,649 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.