This is BX @ Boxden.com


Jan 6 - Operating System not loading!!! Need Help


 Jan 6 - Operating System not loading!!! Need Help
22 topic by unfadable_7 - 01-06-2006, 07:41 PM - Boxden > Tech Questions and Answers


I need help trying to figure out why my computer is not loading the operating system. I can only access it though safe mode w/networking. I've restored to an earlier time and nothing. Basically What it does is it shows the windows xp like normal, then the screen just turns blck, and after like 3 minutes it restarts itself. It also gave me a warning saying that it was having trouble loading windows due to some hardware/software changes. but i don't know what.
Appreciate the help.


share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

16 comments for "Jan 6 - Operating System not loading!!! Need Help"


 01-06-2006, 08:08 PMaway - #2
Golden Nugget 

  d 
space
$1,974 | 14072903
have you lately installed some new hardware/drivers?
they could namely cause such a boot interruption....
 01-07-2006, 12:18 AMaway - #3
unfadable_7 

  d 
space
$1,310 | 10189888
not that i know of. so what should i do in this case?
 01-07-2006, 12:24 AMaway - #4
regularjoe 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$22,525 | POWERFUL
sounds like you should just re-install windows and start from square one.
 01-07-2006, 01:05 AM - #5
djphyber 

  d 
space
$n/a |
best to reinstall windows and start from scratch with a problem like this.

If i had hands on access to the PC i could probably get it workin but the possibilities are endless
 01-07-2006, 01:59 AMaway - #6
vengeanc3 

  d 
space
$115 | 11825097
well u could always try the repair option from the XP cd and use the chkdsk and all those other commands , i forgot exactly what they were .. maybe they might fix it.. otherwise like everyone else said reinstall .. just try to copy all files from windows directory, my doc directory to some other place if u can... because those will we lost on reinstall (experience)
 01-07-2006, 08:59 AMaway - #7
shonuff12 

  d 
space
$8,757 | POWERFUL
there are A LOT of things that could be the problem here...to really help we'd need more specific information
 01-07-2006, 06:13 PMaway - #8
BigBoi0105 

  d 
space
$595 | 8636251
is there anything in your cd-rom drive
 01-07-2006, 06:35 PMaway - #9
AlLsEEing EyE 

  d 
space
$1,581 | POWERFUL
i had a problem similar 2 this
it turned out that there was a electric surge into my computer and it fu#ked up my hd, u might have 2 replace that hd
 01-09-2006, 02:02 AMaway - #10
unfadable_7 

  d 
space
$1,310 | 10189888
thnx to all of you for the info. after hours of intense research, and headaches i learned that it was a few of my drivers that were giving me these errors... once again thnx for the info.
 01-09-2006, 02:27 AMaway - #11
Ridah662 

  d 
space
$3,152 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by unfadable_7
I need help trying to figure out why my computer is not loading the operating system. I can only access it though safe mode w/networking. I've restored to an earlier time and nothing. Basically What it does is it shows the windows xp like normal, then the screen just turns blck, and after like 3 minutes it restarts itself. It also gave me a warning saying that it was having trouble loading windows due to some hardware/software changes. but i don't know what.
Appreciate the help.
Have you installed any new hardware??? What was the last software you put on yoru computer???
 01-10-2006, 09:49 PMaway - #12
unfadable_7 

  d 
space
$1,310 | 10189888
i didn't but i did remove my video card. that's why it was odd to me. then after that my comp. started acting weird.
 01-11-2006, 11:12 AMaway - #13
yousoft 

  d 
space
$474 | 12422570
k never do a restore point with windows it is never accurate, and it sucks and from what i seen from customers bringing me there computer it does not work, if you comp is accessible in safe mode i recommend backing up what u want in safe mode and then reload the operating system again
 01-11-2006, 01:34 PMaway - #14
unfadable_7 

  d 
space
$1,310 | 10189888
aite thnx for the info... will keep that in mind in the future.. i have another question... i have another computer it's a crappy one. i just want to beef up the memory: it has 3 pc 100 slots and so far i have 3 64 mb cards, i have a 128 but everytime i put it in the comp makes noises and doesn't load and if i put it in another slot; it won't boot up. can n e one help me. it also has 550 mhz. lol....
 01-12-2006, 12:28 AMaway - #15
jordan21 

  d 
space
$1,103 | 5806818
Originally Posted by unfadable_7
aite thnx for the info... will keep that in mind in the future.. i have another question... i have another computer it's a crappy one. i just want to beef up the memory: it has 3 pc 100 slots and so far i have 3 64 mb cards, i have a 128 but everytime i put it in the comp makes noises and doesn't load and if i put it in another slot; it won't boot up. can n e one help me. it also has 550 mhz. lol....
Save your money and buy a new computer.

If you decide upgrade the memory anyway, check in the owners manual to find out how much RAM your computer supports.

But seriously, you could get a computer twice as good for $200-300.
 01-12-2006, 12:38 AMaway - #16
Ridah662 

  d 
space
$3,152 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jordan21
Save your money and buy a new computer.

If you decide upgrade the memory anyway, check in the owners manual to find out how much RAM your computer supports.

But seriously, you could get a computer twice as good for $200-300.


True story.
 01-13-2006, 01:03 PMaway - #17
unfadable_7 

  d 
space
$1,310 | 10189888
Originally Posted by jordan21
Save your money and buy a new computer.

If you decide upgrade the memory anyway, check in the owners manual to find out how much RAM your computer supports.

But seriously, you could get a computer twice as good for $200-300.
aite cool.. yeah i was just wondering cuz my cousin gave me a few 128 mb stix.... yeah i was just wanted to use this comp for my little bro.. since i got's my own. thnx for da info.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX Tech > Tech Questions and Answers
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Master Chief Collection has a 20 GB day one update
56 comments
NBA Lakers Front Office are tired of Kobe Bryant
92 comments
NFL What did we observe? Week 7 edition
86 comments
 audio inside Drake - How About Now
New reply 25 seconds ago - 146 comments - by DanBootleg
 NBA Kobe Crossed Something Serious
New reply 8 minutes ago - 124 comments - by mross16
  I Lowkey Miss The 06-07 Era
New reply 1 minute ago - 139 comments - by Chalky
 NFL Bears Lose At Home; Postgame Locker Room "ugly Sc...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Illuminati
 NBA Kobe Bryant: The Lakers Downfall " He's Not As Go...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 74 comments - by MrHashTag
  Oct 18 - Boy, 15, In Critical Condition After Being Ga...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 155 comments - by Jumpoff21
 Article inside 2014 Is First Year Ever With Zero Platinum-certified R...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 122 comments - by Fly or Die
 Image(s) inside Who Seen Ty Beats Expose Asap Earlier Today?
New reply 22 minutes ago - 84 comments - by Deelo Deniroz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX | none new today 4,789 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.