b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Work from home?

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Work from home?
 10-29-2012, 09:31 AMaway - #81
TheAnswer1313 

d 
space
$1,033 | 1710640
They will send you the general guidelines the same day you begin the test.

You'll have a week to do the test.

Your going to want to spend time reading those guidelines before taking the test tho lol.

The test isn't hard but you do have to read. People laugh at me cause I passed my CPA exam all four parts first time but I failed this test the first time lol
 10-29-2012, 09:36 AMaway - #82
TheAnswer1313 

d 
space
$1,033 | 1710640
Also and I know I'm getting ahead of myself but should you pass, your gonna wanna take a day or so to read the other guidelines for the other tasks. Your going to have to wait a few days anyways so they can setup the direct deposit and such.

Technically your not allow to bill for time reading instructions and guidelines per their rules. You can bill for them but you have to keep in mind that any time reading instructions and guidelines goes against your allotted time to complete a task. IOW, you don't want to have a video review task which is only 1 min allotted time and have to read a 10 page pdf to figure what the hell your doing lol.

All of the tasks feed off the general guidelines but there's a bunch of other smaller guidelines you'll have to understand and read before you can do an effective job
 10-29-2012, 10:39 AMaway - #83
Real Hustler 

d 
space
$441 | 1236539
Originally Posted by TheAnswer1313
Also and I know I'm getting ahead of myself but should you pass, your gonna wanna take a day or so to read the other guidelines for the other tasks. Your going to have to wait a few days anyways so they can setup the direct deposit and such.

Technically your not allow to bill for time reading instructions and guidelines per their rules. You can bill for them but you have to keep in mind that any time reading instructions and guidelines goes against your allotted time to complete a task. IOW, you don't want to have a video review task which is only 1 min allotted time and have to read a 10 page pdf to figure what the hell your doing lol.

All of the tasks feed off the general guidelines but there's a bunch of other smaller guidelines you'll have to understand and read before you can do an effective job
easy work or would you consider it challenging?
 10-29-2012, 11:39 AMaway - #84
TheAnswer1313 

d 
space
$1,033 | 1710640
Originally Posted by Real Hustler
easy work or would you consider it challenging?
Hmm. It all depends on the task. Some tasks you can do without thinking but the majority you have to pay attention to what your doing. Also within tasks the degree of difficulty changes.

The big thing is the actual query. If the query is Jay Z.......obviously people would want to access his official website, facebook, twitter etc etc. But sometimes you get queries that you'll actually have to research to find out what the user is looking for before you can rate the pages. Sometimes you get real tricky ones that are specfic to a certain field. If the query is too complex, you can always release the task and say you lack expertise in the field but they expect you to at least try and research it first.

Lets say the allotted time is 8 mins...........I can probably do the Jay Z one with comments and all in about 4 mins.......the other one probably take me the full 8 or longer.

Sometimes you get complete joke ones tho........we had some that were allotted 2 mins but you could do them in about 15 seconds. Tasks like that don't require much thinking at all.

So it just depends.

Also, on the side by side ones.......alot of times you'll get the same results repeated on both sides so when you rate one side, it automatically rates the other side for that result as well. So if you have alot of dupes, that cuts down on the time. Rating 5 sites in 8 mins is alot easier then rating 10 in 8 mins lol.

Last edited by TheAnswer1313; 10-29-2012 at 11:41 AM..
 10-29-2012, 03:14 PMaway - #85
BlueGray 

d 
space
$402 | 755819
I sent in the questionnaire thing after they said I was a suitable candidate (for LionBridge) and that was back on Thursday and they said after I submitted that, that they would send the test or whatever.

I still don't have anything from them. Is that normal?
 10-29-2012, 03:27 PMaway - #86
ReppinDaBurghh 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$43,880 | POWERFUL
Well, I just applied to Leapforce. We'll see how it goes.

Will apply at those other two if I don't hear back from them.
 10-29-2012, 05:33 PMaway - #87
TheAnswer1313 

d 
space
$1,033 | 1710640
Originally Posted by BlueGray
I sent in the questionnaire thing after they said I was a suitable candidate (for LionBridge) and that was back on Thursday and they said after I submitted that, that they would send the test or whatever.

I still don't have anything from them. Is that normal?

Not sure.............i'm doing Leapforce
 10-29-2012, 11:31 PMaway - #88
jpw_15 

d 
space
$72 | 124403
any canadian's on this ? .. how are the hrs? .. i checked a couple of forums and they said the canada one doesnt get as much work as the us people do. i would def. like to give this a shot but would it be worth the time and effort?
 11-07-2012, 02:04 AMaway - #89
jphidang 

d 
space
$3,517 | POWERFUL
The Study Guide comes in the same email as the test. So you don't get the Guidelines until you start taking the test.

BUT there's another email where you get a link to their simulator. That was a huge help IMO as I worked those sims before taking the test.
what's this simulator u speak of? is it for the exam 1 or 2? i'm on exam 2 right now, any advice or pointers?
 11-07-2012, 10:34 AMaway - #90
Grown Folk 42 heat pts42

d 
space
$252 | 19251971
Become a sales rep for a company and earn retail profit. Some companies don't require buy in and you don't have to carry inventory. It's about marketing the product to your online network. 10 return customers per month and you can earn some nice cash depending on the products; online shopping is huge.
 11-07-2012, 01:03 PMaway - #91
rquinlan 

d 
space
$247 | 1157053
Ive applied for both lionbridge and leapforce, but they both declined to send me the test guidelines. Im guessing there isnt enough on my resume yet. Im a junior in college. Do they only want graduates? What types of things should I have on my resume to make them interested in sending me the test? This job would be perfect for me. Please help
 11-09-2012, 02:27 PMaway - #92
TheAnswer1313 

d 
space
$1,033 | 1710640
Originally Posted by jphidang
what's this simulator u speak of? is it for the exam 1 or 2? i'm on exam 2 right now, any advice or pointers?
On one of the emails sent by Leapforce they should have sent you a link to a simulator. This sim is pretty much exactly what your doing right now in Part 2 of the test.
 11-09-2012, 02:28 PMaway - #93
TheAnswer1313 

d 
space
$1,033 | 1710640
Originally Posted by rquinlan
Ive applied for both lionbridge and leapforce, but they both declined to send me the test guidelines. Im guessing there isnt enough on my resume yet. Im a junior in college. Do they only want graduates? What types of things should I have on my resume to make them interested in sending me the test? This job would be perfect for me. Please help
I'm not sure. I don't think it's just for graduates tho cause I know a few people that are still going to school.
 11-09-2012, 08:56 PMaway - #94
Defjm 1 heat pts

d 
space
$995 | 1585198
i think they do look for keywords in your resume. I sent an email 2 all 4 rater companies and didnt hear anything back, someone else i know did and got a response back damn near immediately. for 2 places.

if anyone wants to try a pay per task website 2 make a lil pocket change while ur waiting try it takes about 3 days to hear back from them and you can only do a few task a day when you start up but its under amazon.com so its legit. i found out about them off ratracerebellion.com
 11-10-2012, 01:10 AMaway - #95
SkinnyBlunts 50 heat pts50

d 
space
$314 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Defjm
i think they do look for keywords in your resume. I sent an email 2 all 4 rater companies and didnt hear anything back, someone else i know did and got a response back damn near immediately. for 2 places.

if anyone wants to try a pay per task website 2 make a lil pocket change while ur waiting try it takes about 3 days to hear back from them and you can only do a few task a day when you start up but its under amazon.com so its legit. i found out about them off ratracerebellion.com
is mturk still taking new people to sign up?
 11-10-2012, 12:17 PMaway - #96
DUCE 135 heat pts135

d 
space
$9,702 | POWERFUL
i wanna get me and my girl on this but im seeing for Canada its mad slow? are there any other companies that are more canadian geared
 11-22-2012, 05:28 PMaway - #97
vencinto 

d 
space
$20 | 34370
Oh wow. Just now realized there was a SIMULATOR for the second test. I'm on the last question literally and just now read the boards went back an check my email and noticed it. I've already failed once because I didn't submit any answers for either parts of the test in time because my internet went out for a week. Luckily I got an email saying I could retake the test. Passed part 1... REALLY hope I don't fail part two after all this studying n shyt. Judging by the answers im getting wrong on the simulator... not sure how this is gonna turn out..Guess ill know at 12am.. Pray for me bx fam.

Last edited by vencinto; 11-22-2012 at 05:51 PM..
 11-22-2012, 07:37 PMaway - #98
TheAnswer1313 

d 
space
$1,033 | 1710640
Good luck.

Yeah the sim was really helpful since that's pretty much all your doing on Part 2 of the test, but if you studied the guidelines carefully you should be ok.
 11-23-2012, 01:56 AMaway - #99
vencinto 

d 
space
$20 | 34370
Good luck.

Yeah the sim was really helpful since that's pretty much all your doing on Part 2 of the test, but if you studied the guidelines carefully you should be ok.
Preciate it. Yeah after foolin around with the simulator I can really tell it would've helped with the examples and immediate feedback that it gives. But yo how long did it take to get the second exam results back from them after your due date passed?
 11-23-2012, 09:40 AMaway - #100
T-Styles 2 heat pts

d 
space
$8,151 | 5077263
Signed up for Leapforce last night, got immediate approval. Take my test on Monday, looking forward to this opportunity.

Image inside  How to clean up nice (Dress shirts, suits, grown man ..
68 comments
Dec 20 - Man Supposedly Shot And Killed In The Dayton Mall For ..
50 comments
Video inside  Dec 20 - They Just Shot 2 Cops in Brooklyn by Topmkins
699 comments
 NBA Top 5 Most Skilled Players In The League?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Hoop Dreams
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Ethers Action Bronson
New reply 19 minutes ago - 208 comments - by Frankybaby
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 296 comments - by KingMahaat
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks On Culture
New reply 27 minutes ago - 80 comments - by ralph lauren
 BOX Roy Jones Jr. Dissing Floyd
New reply 5 minutes ago - 206 comments - by elferoz
 NBA Grizzlies Assistant Gets His Car Stolen, Players Buy H...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 143 comments - by Agentzer0oo0
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Losing It Over Karrueche
New reply 14 minutes ago - 128 comments - by Frankybaby
 Video inside Bow Wow Looking Real Mad On 106 N Park Final Episode
New reply 35 minutes ago - 109 comments - by VA Prime

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,847 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.