Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Why does ebay charge so much to sell stuff?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
87 viewing
Audio inside Drake - On A Wave x Go Out Tonight x Can I x Tryna F**k (4 New Tracks)
88 comments
most viewed right now
87 viewing
 NBA Joe Budden Sums Up The Hawks In One Picture
5 comments

top in section
50 viewing
 Audio inside SURPRISE! New Drama and Jeezy mixtape for Labor Day weekend
top in hiphop
top in section
19 viewing
 Image inside May 22 - The Language Diversity In the US is Simply Astonishing!
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Why does ebay charge so much to sell stuff?
Unread 5 years agoclass of '06 - away - #1
12326 pageviews
32 comments


RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,079 | 2773992
I been with ebay since 01 and been selling on and off for a few years, and it seems like they are robbing you when you sell stuff, i sold two items and they invoiced me for 70 bucks, anybody know any other alternative sites?
Reply With Quote

32 comments for "Why does ebay charge so much to sell stuff?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 5 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
hockeythug 60 heat pts60 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$18,165 | POWERFUL
Fee's should have been about 9% of the final price if you are doing non-fixed price auctions.
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '10 - away - #3
WorldsStrangest 364 heat pts364 space
avatar space
:hah:
space
$14,608 | POWERFUL
good topic, ebay been robbing folks. they charged me $16 for a final value fee on an auction that later got cancelled. they still took the money from my paypal.

there are alternative sites, but ebay remains the biggest and therefore more possible customers. thats why i continue to deal with thier bulls**t

depends on what you selling, but you can go to sites that specialize in what your selling. when i was hardcore into comics in 2008-early2010, they had special sites for comic book auctions that included high priced items and alot of people prefered it to the cash r*pe that is eBay
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '04 - away - #4
123456  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$5,964 | 8446182
They've been f**ked up ever since they got a new president. I used to run my business on there and as soon as that new f**k came in, my profit went down a lot because of new fees and new "features".
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '09 - away - #5
NLSP42 84 heat pts84 space
avatar space
The Ultimate What If
space
$3,815 | POWERFUL
Yeah man it sucks......Ive been selling since 2005 and remember when their fees were lower........I hate their BS but continue to deal with it......ALOT of people have moved to craiglist for this very reason. I myself have not sold anything on CL before....so I am not really sure how it goes....I predict within the next 3-5 years....someone gets a site similiar to Ebay with much lower fees and in the long run surpasses them.
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '10 - away - #6
WorldsStrangest 364 heat pts364 space
avatar space
:hah:
space
$14,608 | POWERFUL
NLSP42 said:
Yeah man it sucks......Ive been selling since 2005 and remember when their fees were lower........I hate their BS but continue to deal with it......ALOT of people have moved to craiglist for this very reason. I myself have not sold anything on CL before....so I am not really sure how it goes....I predict within the next 3-5 years....someone gets a site similiar to Ebay with much lower fees and in the long run surpasses them.
CL is a gift and a curse. Ive tried to sell jerseys on there with no takers on CL, but all they sold quick on eBay and some for a sizeable profit.

On the flip side I bought a 500GB portable hard drive from these 2 russian kids off CL about 4-5 months for $60-$70. Brand new. that price beats anything on eBay even to this day. They even came to my area so it was a quick trip to get it.

There's no laws on CL thats why. They expect everyone to police themselves, so if youre willing and ready to take risks and know how to market, then yes try CL, at least as an extension of what youre doing now, not a replacement. Try a couple items and see how that goes.

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 10-21-2010 at 11:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
hockeythug 60 heat pts60 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$18,165 | POWERFUL
I was hoping google would come out with something.
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '06 - away - #8
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
Borrowed Time
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
yeah i got some subs i want to sell around me area. craigs list has just gotten me a bunch of scammers. any special sites for subs? South Florida area.
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '05 - away - #9
carden2 10 heat pts10 space
avatar space
Martin "Millen" Mayhew
space
$12,058 | POWERFUL
WorldsStrangest said:
CL is a gift and a curse. Ive tried to sell jerseys on there with no takers on CL, but all they sold quick on eBay and some for a sizeable profit.

On the flip side I bought a 500GB portable hard drive from these 2 russian kids off CL about 4-5 months for $60-$70. Brand new. that price beats anything on eBay even to this day. They even came to my area so it was a quick trip to get it.

There's no laws on CL thats why. They expect everyone to police themselves, so if youre willing and ready to take risks and know how to market, then yes try CL, at least as an extension of what youre doing now, not a replacement. Try a couple items and see how that goes.


you could've got a 1TB for 75

and i didn't even look around. i think those russian kids took you.
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '10 - away - #10
WorldsStrangest 364 heat pts364 space
avatar space
:hah:
space
$14,608 | POWERFUL
carden2 said:


you could've got a 1TB for 75

and i didn't even look around. i think those russian kids took you.
sorry pal, youre wrong. this was 4-5 months ago and mine is a portable hard drive bud. no ac adapter. lol @ your old hard drive technology


vroooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '08 - away - #11
o7media 19 heat pts19 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$18,090 | POWERFUL
Not sure about Ebay because I don't sell stuff on there. But Paypal is a b**ch with their fees and Ebay and Paypal are the same company so I'm not surprised.

I lose about 5% per transaction on my received payments. And I have a monthly subscription with a large subscriber base so 5% per person per month...it's f**kin bull s**t lol

So yeah, they're a major rip off.
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 years agoclass of '08 - away - #12
606robin 11 heat pts11 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,752 | 14527197
I hate ebay and there monopoly known as paypal!!

I would leave but people on craigslist are like garage sale buyers they don't wanna pay s**t of whats the actual reasonable buyback and ebay is very horrible when it comes to auctions unless you have a high traffiked item buy it now is good but the fees would make most people on wallstreet cut they wrists
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 years agoclass of '06 - away - #13
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,079 | 2773992
606robin said:
I hate ebay and there monopoly known as paypal!!

I would leave but people on craigslist are like garage sale buyers they don't wanna pay s**t of whats the actual reasonable buyback and ebay is very horrible when it comes to auctions unless you have a high traffiked item buy it now is good but the fees would make most people on wallstreet cut they wrists
real talk.
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 years agoclass of '05 - away - #14
Woodwin 2 heat pts space
avatar space
Escobar Sanchez
space
$5,138 | 10748181
Watch out on craiglist cause people go around looking at your stuff when u post it, find out where u live n come back and jack ur s**t real talk believe me
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 years agoclass of '09 - away - #15
Ednyce  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,366 | 4271158
RalphLaurenJR said:
I been with ebay since 01 and been selling on and off for a few years, and it seems like they are robbing you when you sell stuff, i sold two items and they invoiced me for 70 bucks, anybody know any other alternative sites?
funny that you mention this, i was just saying the same thing to myself today. 1 item i listed and i have to give them $87 if it sells. i dont think it was always like that, i think the more popular it got and the more people that started using it the more they charged, cause like you i been f**king wit ebay for a couple years now & it was never this expensive.
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 years agoclass of '06 - away - #16
D.O.H.  space
avatar space
S.E.H.C.
space
$4,400 | 6246225
well it depends, its percent based so just depends....I sell a lot of games and things at like $30 or so, and fees are only a few dollars, but I've had fees of like 40 etc, which sucked, but I don't think I could have sold it for as much elsewhere anyway
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 years agoclass of '10 - away - #17
J AL7  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,045 | 14548710
Its a jack move all the way around!. Ebay charges you for presentation and what not and then paypal (1 n the same) turns around and charges you more fees. I've been a purchaser on ebay for a minute now and just sold my first item last month, ebay took their lil bit of change first then i get an email from paypal like ante up pimpin you still in the hole. Had i known all of the extras i would have just hustled the item at work!
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,839 | POWERFUL
Ebay charges high fees simply because they can... like it or not... ebay is on top they can charge u half of what u make and people still will be forced to shop on ebay, because at the end of the day, they are still making money, that would have not of been made, and people are still saving even if its a few more dollars...

CL is a risky business, I just advise u to never meet at night, and always meet in a big public setting, bring a friend if possible, stay strapped if possible... too many scammers people who have no time on their hands.. the fact that CL has no guidelines are method to protect their users or users from scammers... to me CL is not good...

Future of EBAY... I agree with someone earlier, the only way ebay will either go down in pricewill be if they have a competitor... and most likely the only people who will compeition and have a chance of winning is if someone like google tries to compete... ebay can easily be destroyed with a site who has a escrow feature meaning the seller doesnt recieve money untill the item is approved by buyer... and forces everyone to provide detail pictures for certain items or items over a certain price... and lower fees..
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 years agoclass of '06 - away - #19
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,079 | 2773992
Woodwin said:
Watch out on craiglist cause people go around looking at your stuff when u post it, find out where u live n come back and jack ur s**t real talk believe me
so you saying a person would meet you at your house to see your item for sale and come back and take it? lol
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 years agoclass of '05 - away - #20
4REAL 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Unfairly Punished Man
space
$11,591 | POWERFUL
RalphLaurenJR said:
so you saying a person would meet you at your house to see your item for sale and come back and take it? lol
Lots of people that want to do dirt go on craiglist. People on craiglist have gotten robbed and mobbed by car sellers. It's very risky. I don't even go on there since I've heard those things. CL is like the homebase for criminals and scammers.

As for ebay. The most I do on ebay is buy.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > The Money Spot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
51 viewing
Image inside Pron Star mia khalifa doesn't know who biggie is
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
38 viewing
Rumor: Kanye & Rihanna Both Dropping Albums On May 24th , Kanye Got Issues Wit..
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Article inside Is your pen15 size 'normal'?
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Twerker/Possible Future Stripper Rissa Caleb
131 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
15 viewing
NBA Sexy asian girl cries when she is kiss by Shaq
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Video inside Dont do dumb sh*t in your ride - Hipsters wreck while singing with a se..
56 comments
@rides
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Did we ever get an explanation for this picture? lil Herb & Farrakhan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside May 21 - CEO, wife, son, maid killed and house burned. Savopoulos Fami..
196 comments
@news
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Top 5 rappers who turned out to be a snitch
298 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time