This is BX @ Boxden.com

Where's your life heading?

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Where's your life heading?
 12-26-2012, 01:05 PMonline - #101
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,745 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MemphBleek05
I stumbled into the position. An experience got me the job. Long story short, a DBA left the company. When he left, everything went to hell. Myself and another developer were called upon to fix the mess. With the little permissions we had (talking security permissions), we were able to reverse engineer and put a band aid on the situation. We could have fixed it, if we had more security access credientials, but either way, we impressed. The position came open, I was offered the job. Me and my coworker/the other developer are going to replace the DBA that left. So, the answer to your question was right place right time. I stepped up in their time of need and knocked it out the park.

I have no Certifications, of my 2 degrees only 1 is directly related to my positions under this company. I started out as a Data Analyst, developing MS Access applications for the company.
A good friend of mines actually stepped into a administrator position, when he worked for this contracting company he would come out and fix computer issues etc... then he would get to know all the people at the company and be social able and what not. He ended up convincing them to hire him. From what I noticed in the industry is small companies will usually hire experience (3-5 and more without degree or certs). 2-3 with certs. Bigger companies are were the degree is really needed.
 12-26-2012, 10:56 PMaway - #102
Spoken210 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,671 | 6674791
Originally Posted by egotistical
I don't know why you would stop I mean the street life yes, club life I don't see why. I actually was a club promoter/dj/bartending through my early years taught me some of the most greatest skills in life. I met a lot of people I networked with taught me how to hustle.
no i dont mean biz wise, i mean like going to the club and getting fukd up etc.

I agree with you though for the biz side
 12-26-2012, 11:02 PMaway - #103
DominicanLou 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,340 | 17410952
Originally Posted by Spoken210
no i dont mean biz wise, i mean like going to the club and getting fukd up etc.

I agree with you though for the biz side
if you enjoy it and its not hurting your health, wallet, or other people then why stop?
 12-27-2012, 02:19 PMaway - #104
Spoken210 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,671 | 6674791
Originally Posted by DominicanLou
if you enjoy it and its not hurting your health, wallet, or other people then why stop?
i never said anything against it, i just asked if anyone stopped doing it and why
 12-31-2012, 04:43 AMaway - #105
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$16,299 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Spoken210
any one over 21 that stopped doing the whole going out/club scene shyt? If so why?
Me. Well i'll do it once in a while--like for a friends birthday party or some type of monumental celebration.

I hated it to begin with--it was fun early on. Getting together with your boys and #### and I went with my girl so it was always me and her dancing or her dancing with her other girlfriends.

So I was never really looking for a female friend to get to know.

I was always getting into f!ghts, blowing too much money, and getting kicked out or stopped by the cops....

I love the chill life style of being a parent and I wouldn't change that for anything.
 12-31-2012, 01:11 PMaway - #106
detroitdipset 

d 
space
$118 | 640403
Originally Posted by s34ny
This.

had it all until they stopped making oxycontin...

and nahhhhhh I wasnt addicted, I did occasionally snort a cpl lines

but was making like 4-5gs a month for 2+ years just sellin pills and lil herb

graduated HS may 06, was arrested 2 days later for DUI and some other ####, lost my license. No real oppurtunities where I live aside from slave work and a lil retail so I started gettin it in. hustlin hard but i was livin that sheen lifestyle, had a good friend who would hold #### down and id rent a car and just drive for a week or better at a time blowin hella money. My source was plentiful, I never was concerned about NOT making this money because we all know addicts are addicts and money will come. So I'll either be locked up or livin lavish just off some gd pain pills. so this is from 18-21 or 22ish, had a legit ID n everything so i was clubbin fresh outta high school smashin older broads.

then the they replace OC with that bull#### wax unbangable/cant snort #### OPs

but in the meantime i got DUI #2 so basically i was jus chillin at the crib all day xboxin it sellin pills..but they took my license for 2 years

so the pills are obsolete now, the herb just really aint enough $ when youre used to stackkkks

had no license, economy in my town had went to ####, fam never went to church, my dad side dont #### wit each other and moms side all live elsewhere aka no connections

started to get a lil better this year. license back had a whip was workin a lil factory job, wrecked the car (only liability) .. no way to get to work, so i quit instead of getting fired

25 years old, just got another whip so maybe i can make somethin shake in 2013..im thinking barber college my homey down to move away from this #### town and hes already a master so..find a decent sized town get a prime spot and hopefully my skills will get me paid
Shoulda got them ROXYs...lil less than the OCs but the fiends still need it... Don't let ya hustle sleep b!
 01-24-2013, 06:45 AMonline - #107
SLiP 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$2,913 | POWERFUL
I thought this thread was deleted

Bump
 01-24-2013, 08:51 AMaway - #108
DawuD 

d 
space
$311 | 7652358
congrats memphis, keep it going and with this new year a good start and even better finish i know you mang
 01-29-2013, 10:27 PMaway - #109
Slicedadon 

d 
space
$383 | 1254654
Convicted felon, Bachelor's Degree...can't get a job for ####....gonna end up dead or in jail again
 01-30-2013, 05:22 AMaway - #110
eLLz 1 heat pts

d 
space
$18,563 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Slicedadon
Convicted felon, Bachelor's Degree...can't get a job for ####....gonna end up dead or in jail again
#### bruh, go get your CDL. get a job making around 20+ an hour. got a few homies with felonies who did that so good chance they'll look past it
 02-17-2013, 11:18 AMaway - #111
KiddKidd45 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$7,997 | POWERFUL
I just read this thread like a book. Good stuff, will post mine lata
 02-17-2013, 12:16 PMaway - #112
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466
Originally Posted by Slicedadon
do you live in a big city?

take a city test..become a fireman, garbage man, EMS, etc.
 02-17-2013, 03:16 PMaway - #113
Ars3n 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,668 | 11980843
SATISFIED with my life. Got a good job in IT. My chic is bad af. Got a decent whip. Making decent money. Not a whole lot a bills and even less stress these days.

Could use more money but who couldn't. I don't let that define me though cuz Im still on top at the moment.
 02-17-2013, 06:01 PMaway - #114
KiddKidd45 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$7,997 | POWERFUL
surprised that there is so much ppl into IT..
 02-17-2013, 07:15 PMaway - #115
Ars3n 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,668 | 11980843
Originally Posted by KiddKidd45
surprised that there is so much ppl into IT..
My last 2 gigs there have been whole floors dedicated to the IT group. Its considered more like a communications, approval type department as opposed to fixing computers. When I mention IT, I mean Data Center level stuff...

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
68 comments
How You Can Get a New PS4 for $275
79 comments
NBA Miami was using that fake crowd noise last night
60 comments
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 40 seconds ago - 62 comments - by mdemaz
 Image(s) inside Oct 29 - Aliens Are Real Reveals Former Area 51 Scient...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 177 comments - by Rick Ross
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 1 minute ago - 105 comments - by NoLastName
 NBA (videos) Kobe Bryant Full Highlights 2014.10.29 At Sun...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 70 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 Image(s) inside Floyd Mayweather Wearing Bedazzled Louboutin Boots
New reply 5 minutes ago - 95 comments - by nicoled985
 NBA Reddit User Digs Up Old Tweets From Players
New reply 15 minutes ago - 58 comments - by Wardell Curry II
  The Ps4 Shareplay Thread: Online Couch Coop And Trying...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 110 comments - by Jesszman
 NFL Wait, What!?!?: Rg3 To Start This Sunday Vs Vikings
New reply 16 minutes ago - 117 comments - by slipnslide85

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,800 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.