This is BX @ Boxden.com

Where's your life heading?

Where's your life heading?
 12-07-2012, 01:50 PMonline - #81
MemphBleek05 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,488 | POWERFUL
Got the job! Will start my apartment search in another month Finally Salaried On the road to success and becoming a master DBA
 12-07-2012, 02:11 PMonline - #82
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,709 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MemphBleek05
Got the job! Will start my apartment search in another month Finally Salaried On the road to success and becoming a master DBA
Good !! Memph. You going to be ballin out now . How much they end up giving up? Hope you negotiated on salary or vacation/sick days.
 12-09-2012, 01:38 AMaway - #83
Niruggg 99 heat pts99

d 
space
$8,678 | POWERFUL
heading to the top^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

we fly high
 12-10-2012, 08:25 AMonline - #84
MemphBleek05 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,488 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
Good !! Memph. You going to be ballin out now . How much they end up giving up? Hope you negotiated on salary or vacation/sick days.
Truthfully, they took a high paying position and turned it into a group. So, as of now I'm at 50K. To me, that's still low for a DBA, but I'm cool. I'm going to get into this position, get my experience as a DBA. The benefits are pretty damn good, as are the vacation and sick pay.
 12-10-2012, 10:00 AMaway - #85
Real Hustler 

d 
space
$441 | 1236539
Originally Posted by Ed Bundy
na man ...thats not it

i dont want to find a job anywhere...very few jobs would make me happy.. i dont like the idea of being "imprisoned" period. even if its a better job than my current one, its the same thing ultimately.

theres very few jobs i would want and those are like impossible to get and unrealistic at this point. id like to start my own company or something or do something utilizing my creative talents but thats where it gets tricky.. its not that easy
start working towards it
 12-11-2012, 06:56 PMaway - #86
Spoken210 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,670 | 6674791
Originally Posted by ReMiXed
Elaborate
It's a book about how to stop working so much but still make the same money or more. It explains some things you can do. I'm about 100 pages in outta 350 or so...good read. I def recommend it. Youtube it you'll see some reviews from people who did it
 12-14-2012, 06:22 PMaway - #87
TheCool 

d 
space
$515 | 1317482
i'm 29 and honestly no clue. I wasted alot of my life running the streets. Just now realizing that sh1t was corny.

Just trying to figure it all out now.
 12-14-2012, 10:19 PMaway - #88
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$15,218 | POWERFUL
Man... when they say money isn't everything--it really isn't.

Today I went to work, told my boss thank you for the opportunities you have given me but I've gone as far as I can go in this company.

No kind of benefits, sometimes I don't get my full 8, sometimes I struggle to get 5 and a half hours. I'm in school right now, so I will always have that to fall back on. But I told him, I'm done.
 12-15-2012, 01:06 PMaway - #89
SecondComing101 

d 
space
$341 | 662471
I'm 23 currently living with my folks, just earned my second a$sociates degree in Career Counselling as of yesterday (my first one was in Hotel Management), I just got a job with a major airline, the pay isnt the craziest to start with but its bound to go up after probation with better positions up for grabs which I cant complain about. I'm looking to make a k!lling out of the perks that come with the job and fly as much as I can since I like travelling and seeing new things.

As far as life goes I'm trying to start building my finances as far as saving and investing goes and I'm also trying to get out of my parents house as I need my own space and freedom (biggest concern as I feel that its slowing my growth as a person but I need to plan and save before I go out on my own).

I'm ok with where I am in life at the moment but I definitely feel that I have alot of living and adventure to do in the future. I know money is important but I value freedom and happiness more,so I'm definitely more focused on that for the moment and eventually I'll build something long-term, I just want to enjoy my youth and prepare pieces by pieces as I go.
 12-15-2012, 01:06 PMaway - #90
SecondComing101 

d 
space
$341 | 662471
same post as uptop, bx wont allow me to delete a post for some odd reason

Last edited by SecondComing101; 12-15-2012 at 01:12 PM..
 12-16-2012, 05:51 PMaway - #91
Spoken210 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,670 | 6674791
any one over 21 that stopped doing the whole going out/club scene shyt? If so why?
 12-16-2012, 11:41 PMaway - #92
riga89 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,644 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheCool
i'm 29 and honestly no clue. I wasted alot of my life running the streets. Just now realizing that sh1t was corny.

Just trying to figure it all out now.
My dude, I'm exactly your age. I know how you feel man. I never wasted time running around the streets, but I know people who have and it has affected them big time. You can never make up for lost time, so all you can do is move forward.

Start by this:
1. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
2. Mostly any kind of career that's well paying (100K+) requires a college education (so apply to college, you can start at a Community College first if you want)
3. Make long term goals and short term goals
4. Work your a$s off and don't let anything or anybody distract you from where you want to be.
5. Start on this plan tomorrow morning as time waits on no man.
6. Constantly re-evaluate yourself and make the necessary changes. Remember the right decision isn't always the easiest one to make.
 12-17-2012, 07:47 AMaway - #93
Southwick 

d 
space
$1,673 | 13448557
Trying to become more spiritual and conscious. More strategic. Manage my money and my health a lot better. Thinking about becoming vegan. Detoxifying my body and mind. I know now that all of my problems are because of mistakes I've made. I should atleast $50,000 or more in the bank now. I will eventually. Its okay that I don't though. Guess I'm one of the few who could care less about material possessions, school and money.
 12-17-2012, 07:55 AMaway - #94
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$15,468 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MemphBleek05
Truthfully, they took a high paying position and turned it into a group. So, as of now I'm at 50K. To me, that's still low for a DBA, but I'm cool. I'm going to get into this position, get my experience as a DBA. The benefits are pretty damn good, as are the vacation and sick pay.
Was wondering what the qualifications are for data base administration position? I am not interested in the field but I have a buddy who was telling me he wanted to get this position and he talking about doing all sorts of certification. Is it about the degree or the certification? I always tell him to get a degree and then get experience but he was really hammering about the certifcations. How did you land the position?
 12-19-2012, 09:46 AMaway - #95
King856 

d 
space
$14,124 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ed Bundy
na man ...thats not it

i dont want to find a job anywhere...very few jobs would make me happy.. i dont like the idea of being "imprisoned" period. even if its a better job than my current one, its the same thing ultimately.

theres very few jobs i would want and those are like impossible to get and unrealistic at this point. id like to start my own company or something or do something utilizing my creative talents but thats where it gets tricky.. its not that easy
owning your own company is harder work than a 9-5. It takes years and years to get est@blished. you sound liek you wanna be a stay at home dad without the kids and wife lol come on fam you can't not work at all
 12-21-2012, 10:48 AMonline - #96
MemphBleek05 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,488 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Darkdrone
Was wondering what the qualifications are for data base administration position? I am not interested in the field but I have a buddy who was telling me he wanted to get this position and he talking about doing all sorts of certification. Is it about the degree or the certification? I always tell him to get a degree and then get experience but he was really hammering about the certifcations. How did you land the position?
I stumbled into the position. An experience got me the job. Long story short, a DBA left the company. When he left, everything went to hell. Myself and another developer were called upon to fix the mess. With the little permissions we had (talking security permissions), we were able to reverse engineer and put a band aid on the situation. We could have fixed it, if we had more security access credientials, but either way, we impressed. The position came open, I was offered the job. Me and my coworker/the other developer are going to replace the DBA that left. So, the answer to your question was right place right time. I stepped up in their time of need and knocked it out the park.

I have no Certifications, of my 2 degrees only 1 is directly related to my positions under this company. I started out as a Data Analyst, developing MS Access applications for the company.
 12-24-2012, 10:27 PMaway - #97
DominicanLou 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,069 | 15196369
*I'm getting ready to enter my second year as an MBA student
*My two business partners and I are about to sign papers for cafe that we're buying out
*I'm segueing my art events into a business
*Telling my true friends how much I appreciate them
 12-25-2012, 01:21 PMaway - #98
A-L-P 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,714 | 8898296
Originally Posted by riga89
My dude, I'm exactly your age. I know how you feel man. I never wasted time running around the streets, but I know people who have and it has affected them big time. You can never make up for lost time, so all you can do is move forward.

Start by this:
1. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
2. Mostly any kind of career that's well paying (100K+) requires a college education (so apply to college, you can start at a Community College first if you want)
3. Make long term goals and short term goals
4. Work your a$s off and don't let anything or anybody distract you from where you want to be.
5. Start on this plan tomorrow morning as time waits on no man.
6. Constantly re-evaluate yourself and make the necessary changes. Remember the right decision isn't always the easiest one to make.
I make over 100,000 a year now legally, with no degree (I have military experience though). And I'm a young black dude, still in my 20's, originally from Philly with an ethnic sounding name lol. It's more about your hustle and networking more than anything.
 12-26-2012, 12:58 PMonline - #99
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,709 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Spoken210
any one over 21 that stopped doing the whole going out/club scene shyt? If so why?
I don't know why you would stop I mean the street life yes, club life I don't see why. I actually was a club promoter/dj/bartending through my early years taught me some of the most greatest skills in life. I met a lot of people I networked with taught me how to hustle.
 12-26-2012, 01:00 PMonline - #100
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,709 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by King856
owning your own company is harder work than a 9-5. It takes years and years to get est@blished. you sound liek you wanna be a stay at home dad without the kids and wife lol come on fam you can't not work at all
this. I hate how people always make the !! sound easy or simple or like anybody can do it. it's personally not built for everyone.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Dangerously's Strange Fruit 2: Stephania Bell
55 comments
PS4 hits 7 million units sold
76 comments
Article inside  Activision indefinitely postpones Xbox One version o..
71 comments
 NBA Bill Laimbeer On Lebron's Toughness, Chances Of Three-...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Rich Homie Juwan
 NBA Swaggy P - 'what I'm Gonna Do With This Shouldn't Be L...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 138 comments - by R.O.B
 Video inside Man These Lil Nikkas In Chicago Wild As Fk (must Watch)
New reply 6 minutes ago - 158 comments - by Fen
 Image(s) inside Apr 16 - Cops: Teacher, Teen Had $x After Instagram C...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 67 comments - by weed
 NBA Kobe To Begin Epic 6-month Training Program
New reply 9 minutes ago - 59 comments - by ogballer32
  Chiwire Season 5: Supposedly Durk Got Choked Out By Re...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 124 comments - by HeatMafia410
  Raekwon Says He's "on Strike" From Wu-tang C...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 57 comments - by heretic shae
 BOX Roach Admits It Was Pacquiao's Fault The Mayweather Fi...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 53 comments - by cheenz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,699 fans of BX | none new today 4,654 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.