Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Where's your life heading?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
230 viewing
 MMA Jon jones in custody following car accident
92 comments
most viewed right now
97 viewing
Image inside Ludacris is out here being a fu-king scumbag
132 comments

top in section
82 viewing
 Image inside 50 Cent "I Told You 😆LMAO #nomorepuffyjuice"
top in hiphop
top in section
14 viewing
 Video inside The Makers of The Fake Age of Ultron After Credits Scene With Spider-Ma..
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Where's your life heading?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #81
MemphBleek05 21 heat pts21 space
avatar space
3rd Realest Alive
space
$7,738 | POWERFUL
Got the job! Will start my apartment search in another month Finally Salaried On the road to success and becoming a master DBA
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #82
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,825 | POWERFUL
MemphBleek05 said:
Got the job! Will start my apartment search in another month Finally Salaried On the road to success and becoming a master DBA
Good sh*t Memph. You going to be ballin out now . How much they end up giving up? Hope you negotiated on salary or vacation/sick days.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #83
Niruggg 137 heat pts137 space
avatar space
Harlem Knight
space
$12,142 | POWERFUL
heading to the top^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

we fly high
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #84
MemphBleek05 21 heat pts21 space
avatar space
3rd Realest Alive
space
$7,738 | POWERFUL
egotistical said:
Good sh*t Memph. You going to be ballin out now . How much they end up giving up? Hope you negotiated on salary or vacation/sick days.
Truthfully, they took a high paying position and turned it into a group. So, as of now I'm at 50K. To me, that's still low for a DBA, but I'm cool. I'm going to get into this position, get my experience as a DBA. The benefits are pretty damn good, as are the vacation and sick pay.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #85
Real Hustler  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$441 | 1236539
Ed Bundy said:
na man ...thats not it

i dont want to find a job anywhere...very few jobs would make me happy.. i dont like the idea of being "imprisoned" period. even if its a better job than my current one, its the same thing ultimately.

theres very few jobs i would want and those are like impossible to get and unrealistic at this point. id like to start my own company or something or do something utilizing my creative talents but thats where it gets tricky.. its not that easy
start working towards it
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #86
Spoken210 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Spoken
space
$2,671 | 6674791
ReMiXed said:
Elaborate
It's a book about how to stop working so much but still make the same money or more. It explains some things you can do. I'm about 100 pages in outta 350 or so...good read. I def recommend it. Youtube it you'll see some reviews from people who did it
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #87
TheCool  space
avatar space
Lucky for you its Pay Day
space
$516 | 1317482
i'm 29 and honestly no clue. I wasted alot of my life running the streets. Just now realizing that sh1t was corny.

Just trying to figure it all out now.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #88
OldeEnglish22oz 7 heat pts space
avatar space
D-Bag University
space
$17,879 | POWERFUL
Man... when they say money isn't everything--it really isn't.

Today I went to work, told my boss thank you for the opportunities you have given me but I've gone as far as I can go in this company.

No kind of benefits, sometimes I don't get my full 8, sometimes I struggle to get 5 and a half hours. I'm in school right now, so I will always have that to fall back on. But I told him, I'm done.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #89
SecondComing101 2 heat pts space
avatar space
All Day Everyday F.T.W
space
$367 | 1520176
I'm 23 currently living with my folks, just earned my second a.ssociates degree in Career Counselling as of yesterday (my first one was in Hotel Management), I just got a job with a major airline, the pay isnt the craziest to start with but its bound to go up after probation with better positions up for grabs which I cant complain about. I'm looking to make a k!lling out of the perks that come with the job and fly as much as I can since I like travelling and seeing new things.

As far as life goes I'm trying to start building my finances as far as saving and investing goes and I'm also trying to get out of my parents house as I need my own space and freedom (biggest concern as I feel that its slowing my growth as a person but I need to plan and save before I go out on my own).

I'm ok with where I am in life at the moment but I definitely feel that I have alot of living and adventure to do in the future. I know money is important but I value freedom and happiness more,so I'm definitely more focused on that for the moment and eventually I'll build something long-term, I just want to enjoy my youth and prepare pieces by pieces as I go.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #90
SecondComing101 2 heat pts space
avatar space
All Day Everyday F.T.W
space
$367 | 1520176
same post as uptop, bx wont allow me to delete a post for some odd reason

Last edited by SecondComing101; 12-15-2012 at 01:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #91
Spoken210 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Spoken
space
$2,671 | 6674791
any one over 21 that stopped doing the whole going out/club scene shyt? If so why?
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #92
riga89 7 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,919 | POWERFUL
TheCool said:
i'm 29 and honestly no clue. I wasted alot of my life running the streets. Just now realizing that sh1t was corny.

Just trying to figure it all out now.
My dude, I'm exactly your age. I know how you feel man. I never wasted time running around the streets, but I know people who have and it has affected them big time. You can never make up for lost time, so all you can do is move forward.

Start by this:
1. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
2. Mostly any kind of career that's well paying (100K+) requires a college education (so apply to college, you can start at a Community College first if you want)
3. Make long term goals and short term goals
4. Work your a.ss off and don't let anything or anybody distract you from where you want to be.
5. Start on this plan tomorrow morning as time waits on no man.
6. Constantly re-evaluate yourself and make the necessary changes. Remember the right decision isn't always the easiest one to make.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #93
Southwick  space
avatar space
RBG
space
$1,958 | 16156088
Trying to become more spiritual and conscious. More strategic. Manage my money and my health a lot better. Thinking about becoming vegan. Detoxifying my body and mind. I know now that all of my problems are because of mistakes I've made. I should atleast $50,000 or more in the bank now. I will eventually. Its okay that I don't though. Guess I'm one of the few who could care less about material possessions, school and money.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #94
Drone 40 heat pts40 space
avatar space
Its been fun.
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
MemphBleek05 said:
Truthfully, they took a high paying position and turned it into a group. So, as of now I'm at 50K. To me, that's still low for a DBA, but I'm cool. I'm going to get into this position, get my experience as a DBA. The benefits are pretty damn good, as are the vacation and sick pay.
Was wondering what the qualifications are for data base administration position? I am not interested in the field but I have a buddy who was telling me he wanted to get this position and he talking about doing all sorts of certification. Is it about the degree or the certification? I always tell him to get a degree and then get experience but he was really hammering about the certifcations. How did you land the position?
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #95
MemphBleek05 21 heat pts21 space
avatar space
3rd Realest Alive
space
$7,738 | POWERFUL
Darkdrone said:
Was wondering what the qualifications are for data base administration position? I am not interested in the field but I have a buddy who was telling me he wanted to get this position and he talking about doing all sorts of certification. Is it about the degree or the certification? I always tell him to get a degree and then get experience but he was really hammering about the certifcations. How did you land the position?
I stumbled into the position. An experience got me the job. Long story short, a DBA left the company. When he left, everything went to hell. Myself and another developer were called upon to fix the mess. With the little permissions we had (talking security permissions), we were able to reverse engineer and put a band aid on the situation. We could have fixed it, if we had more security access credientials, but either way, we impressed. The position came open, I was offered the job. Me and my coworker/the other developer are going to replace the DBA that left. So, the answer to your question was right place right time. I stepped up in their time of need and knocked it out the park.

I have no Certifications, of my 2 degrees only 1 is directly related to my positions under this company. I started out as a Data Analyst, developing MS Access applications for the company.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #96
DominicanLou 5 heat pts space
avatar space
41st x Figg
space
$3,624 | 20300578
*I'm getting ready to enter my second year as an MBA student
*My two business partners and I are about to sign papers for cafe that we're buying out
*I'm segueing my art events into a business
*Telling my true friends how much I appreciate them
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #97
A-L-P 5 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,870 | 15995525
riga89 said:
My dude, I'm exactly your age. I know how you feel man. I never wasted time running around the streets, but I know people who have and it has affected them big time. You can never make up for lost time, so all you can do is move forward.

Start by this:
1. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
2. Mostly any kind of career that's well paying (100K+) requires a college education (so apply to college, you can start at a Community College first if you want)
3. Make long term goals and short term goals
4. Work your a.ss off and don't let anything or anybody distract you from where you want to be.
5. Start on this plan tomorrow morning as time waits on no man.
6. Constantly re-evaluate yourself and make the necessary changes. Remember the right decision isn't always the easiest one to make.
I make over 100,000 a year now legally, with no degree (I have military experience though). And I'm a young black dude, still in my 20's, originally from Philly with an ethnic sounding name lol. It's more about your hustle and networking more than anything.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #98
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,825 | POWERFUL
Spoken210 said:
any one over 21 that stopped doing the whole going out/club scene shyt? If so why?
I don't know why you would stop I mean the street life yes, club life I don't see why. I actually was a club promoter/dj/bartending through my early years taught me some of the most greatest skills in life. I met a lot of people I networked with taught me how to hustle.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #99
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,825 | POWERFUL
King856 said:
owning your own company is harder work than a 9-5. It takes years and years to get established. you sound liek you wanna be a stay at home dad without the kids and wife lol come on fam you can't not work at all
this. I hate how people always make the sh*t sound easy or simple or like anybody can do it. it's personally not built for everyone.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #100
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,825 | POWERFUL
MemphBleek05 said:
I stumbled into the position. An experience got me the job. Long story short, a DBA left the company. When he left, everything went to hell. Myself and another developer were called upon to fix the mess. With the little permissions we had (talking security permissions), we were able to reverse engineer and put a band aid on the situation. We could have fixed it, if we had more security access credientials, but either way, we impressed. The position came open, I was offered the job. Me and my coworker/the other developer are going to replace the DBA that left. So, the answer to your question was right place right time. I stepped up in their time of need and knocked it out the park.

I have no Certifications, of my 2 degrees only 1 is directly related to my positions under this company. I started out as a Data Analyst, developing MS Access applications for the company.
A good friend of mines actually stepped into a administrator position, when he worked for this contracting company he would come out and fix computer issues etc... then he would get to know all the people at the company and be social able and what not. He ended up convincing them to hire him. From what I noticed in the industry is small companies will usually hire experience (3-5 and more without degree or certs). 2-3 with certs. Bigger companies are were the degree is really needed.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > The Money Spot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
32 viewing
Video inside The White House Correspondents Dinner | Cecily Strong | Oh They Mad :DE..
50 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Image inside Every bi-ch on the Internet look like this
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Video inside Baltimore City Going Crazy #FreddieGray
146 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Video inside Married with Children and Roy Jones Jr. were ahead of their time
50 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Amber Rose Huge T!tties At Wonderworld Club In UK
87 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside First Look: Jared Leto As "The Joker"
320 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside Call Her Jelli
72 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside Young Thug Boo'd in Baton Rouge, LA
286 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Kid Who Became Famous For Being Too Good In Baseball Killed In Drive-B..
100 comments
@wild'ish

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time