Where's your life heading?
 11-28-2012, 09:01 PMaway - #61
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,711 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ed Bundy
na man ...thats not it

i dont want to find a job anywhere...very few jobs would make me happy.. i dont like the idea of being "imprisoned" period. even if its a better job than my current one, its the same thing ultimately.

theres very few jobs i would want and those are like impossible to get and unrealistic at this point. id like to start my own company or something or do something utilizing my creative talents but thats where it gets tricky.. its not that easy
Then use your talents. Exploit it and either follow somebody else plan (existing business) or think of new ideas. Also, try hanging out with people like you that do what you do and see if they have any ideas.
 11-28-2012, 09:52 PMonline - #62
JamcnPrettyboy 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$17,967 | POWERFUL
god damn dude

u just described me to a T

everything even the age is exactly how i feel...even the money is similar

im making the most money ive ever made in my life at the present time, so i should be happy right? wrong. im the least happy ive ever been in my life. can i afford a nice car? yea probably..would i be able to enjoy and drive it though? NO because i have work almost every ####ing day ..ive never had a dog in my life, ive always wanted one. can i afford one? sure. would i be able to have it? no because ill never be home and itll be alone by itself all day long .. would i love to travel and can i afford it? absolutely. but can i? no because i cant request that many days off in a row

its such a paradox. the way the working life is structured ..you make all this money, but cant ever enjoy it until you retire. and by that point you are old and ready to die and cant do the things you once did.

some guy at my job worked there for 30+ years. finally decided to call it quits ...died 2 years into his retirement at the age of 60 something ...some life

i want to quit my job and utilize my talents and make a living that way, but im stuck..i dont know how to do it and its driving me insane. im the most unhappy ive ever been in my life despite making the most money ive ever made..this money isnt ####. i would trade it all for my freedom and personal happiness...it might be "insane" to some, but ive seriously contemplated giving up my job (which is considered a good job, and a hard one to get) and being broke just for the opportunity to be happy again ...i wont be able to afford my cars,travel expenses, etc anymore,...but at the same time i cant get those now ANYWAY.

the clock is ticking and my birthday is very soon and thats another year that i feel went down the drain. all these suckers around me are encouraging me and telling me im in a great position and how im set and how im gonna make over 100k+ easy in a few years but i just dont see it that way. im so unhappy
yea man it truly sucks.

I'd personally rather struggle with trying to turn my talents into a career than to live this predictable life. I've been at this boring a$s job for 2 years now and i absolutely hate it. i dread getting out of bed in the morning. #### makes me wanna cry sometimes.

I also would love to get a dog but there's no point. i'm never home.

im turning 26 in about 4 months. clock is ticking and I gotta make moves. I don't want to live a life full of regrets
 11-28-2012, 10:07 PMaway - #63
2nd2none 

d 
space
$3,475 | 7747036
Originally Posted by JamcnPrettyboy
yea man it truly sucks.

I'd personally rather struggle with trying to turn my talents into a career than to live this predictable life. I've been at this boring a$s job for 2 years now and i absolutely hate it. i dread getting out of bed in the morning. #### makes me wanna cry sometimes.

I also would love to get a dog but there's no point. i'm never home.

im turning 26 in about 4 months. clock is ticking and I gotta make moves. I don't want to live a life full of regrets
you're making 50 grand a year and you're 25. you can't cut expenses, stack money, and cultivate your talents in attempts make your vision grow.
 11-28-2012, 10:13 PMaway - #64
sm00vb0iiw0nder 4 heat pts

d 
space
$16,439 | POWERFUL
Invest in them stocks and make your money work for you. Real wealthy do what the #### they want cuz that's the method they use.

But my life is going down a good road. In NYU with a full ride, working on that FBI internship, got ####es, got drugs, got alcohol.

Learning about them stocks and ####. Saving up cash early so I can invest earlier. People usually wait too long to start investing. Bout to go ham in life after college
 11-29-2012, 12:17 PMaway - #65
MemphBleek05 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$6,470 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
Good ####. I hope you get the job. I knew you had potential to do so much more.

Get on that debt ASAP. The faster you cut out your debt the more you get to A) Enjoy life with your money and B) save for your future. If you are good with finances I would advise coming up with a plan to eliminate it within next 10-11 years. If not try to go to a credit union speak with a financial advisor and try to get a plan made.

It's always good to have a future with a women that is going places just like you, or that has drive like you do. It's good you can both be on the same page. I would also save up a few months of rent before you move out and get your own spot.
Yeah, the interview went great. It was planned for 45 minutes, we spoke a hour and 35. I ended up interviewing the interviewer. Either way, I came away feeling as if I had it.

One of my homeys hit me up yesterday, he's moving back to Memphis and doesn't want to go back under his mom's roof. I'm going to take him up on his offer so that should cut a lot of my potential "own place" related bills in half. I think he wants to move as soon as possible, as in once he touches down in Memphis he has a place to go. I'm thinking, next month is way too soon. March or April is good for me, gives me time to save something up, because as of now, I'm check to check (until that salary kicks in )

I'm actually good with finances and analytics (considering my profession), but I feel much more comfortable with someone setting guidelines for me. I can't front, at times bruh, I go into f*ck it mode with my cash. But if I have a set schedule to pay something, I'm literally never late with a payment. Because of that, I will either hit up a credit union, my homey who does credit repair or some old heads I know who are financial geniuses.
 11-29-2012, 01:08 PMaway - #66
indagame 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,018 | 4762655
god damn dude

u just described me to a T

everything even the age is exactly how i feel...even the money is similar

im making the most money ive ever made in my life at the present time, so i should be happy right? wrong. im the least happy ive ever been in my life. can i afford a nice car? yea probably..would i be able to enjoy and drive it though? NO because i have work almost every ####ing day ..ive never had a dog in my life, ive always wanted one. can i afford one? sure. would i be able to have it? no because ill never be home and itll be alone by itself all day long .. would i love to travel and can i afford it? absolutely. but can i? no because i cant request that many days off in a row

its such a paradox. the way the working life is structured ..you make all this money, but cant ever enjoy it until you retire. and by that point you are old and ready to die and cant do the things you once did.

some guy at my job worked there for 30+ years. finally decided to call it quits ...died 2 years into his retirement at the age of 60 something ...some life

i want to quit my job and utilize my talents and make a living that way, but im stuck..i dont know how to do it and its driving me insane. im the most unhappy ive ever been in my life despite making the most money ive ever made..this money isnt ####. i would trade it all for my freedom and personal happiness...it might be "insane" to some, but ive seriously contemplated giving up my job (which is considered a good job, and a hard one to get) and being broke just for the opportunity to be happy again ...i wont be able to afford my cars,travel expenses, etc anymore,...but at the same time i cant get those now ANYWAY.

the clock is ticking and my birthday is very soon and thats another year that i feel went down the drain. all these suckers around me are encouraging me and telling me im in a great position and how im set and how im gonna make over 100k+ easy in a few years but i just dont see it that way. im so unhappy
That sounds horrible and everything but you said you're going to make over 100k+ a year. I'm a$suming that would be some what of a promotion no? Would that give you different working hours?
 11-29-2012, 01:22 PMaway - #67
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$16,563 | POWERFUL
na man ...thats not it

i dont want to find a job anywhere...very few jobs would make me happy.. i dont like the idea of being "imprisoned" period. even if its a better job than my current one, its the same thing ultimately.

theres very few jobs i would want and those are like impossible to get and unrealistic at this point. id like to start my own company or something or do something utilizing my creative talents but thats where it gets tricky.. its not that easy
I don't want to impose but what job do you have bro?
 11-29-2012, 02:51 PMaway - #68
mastakillah21 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,096 | POWERFUL
To all the young cats up in here 3 pieces of advice... 1) dont #### up your credit.. 2) Dont have kids 3) Get a degree....... I ####ed up on the 1st one and I am just now getting #### back on track... Luckily I got my degree before I decided to #### around and go into party mode... but now I just got hired at the largest risk management company in the world, payin down my debt/ gettin my credit in check so me and wifey can get a house
 11-29-2012, 03:48 PMaway - #69
Cheesypoof 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,284 | 4256307
Originally Posted by CM Punk
smh, why can't we all be rich.

I hate to see ppl not happy man, I hate that.

I need to be president, we would be in debt like a motha####a but we all would be happy.
your knowledge of economics is impeccable.
 11-29-2012, 06:58 PMaway - #70
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466
Originally Posted by indagame
That sounds horrible and everything but you said you're going to make over 100k+ a year. I'm a$suming that would be some what of a promotion no? Would that give you different working hours?
nope. same hours/same duties..just higher pay as the years go on

still trapped and in prison for 5 days a week (6 or 7 if theres overtime)
 11-29-2012, 07:57 PMaway - #71
indagame 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,018 | 4762655
nope. same hours/same duties..just higher pay as the years go on

still trapped and in prison for 5 days a week (6 or 7 if theres overtime)
wow man
The thing i would suggest is maybe wait for that raise, that way you'll be getting paid more and have more to save and then possibly quit if you really want. Take some time to relax, enjoy yourself and life in general. Then try and figure out what you want to do
 11-29-2012, 08:56 PMaway - #72
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466
Originally Posted by indagame
wow man
The thing i would suggest is maybe wait for that raise, that way you'll be getting paid more and have more to save and then possibly quit if you really want. Take some time to relax, enjoy yourself and life in general. Then try and figure out what you want to do
that raise doesnt come for a about 4 more years and u said take time to relax but quite frankly i dont have much time ever

when im not busy working, im using the free time i have catching up on overdue errands...then my day is over, then im back at work the next day....crazy cycle

is that worth 100k+?
 11-30-2012, 12:54 AMaway - #73
Spoken210 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,670 | 6674791
that raise doesnt come for a about 4 more years and u said take time to relax but quite frankly i dont have much time ever

when im not busy working, im using the free time i have catching up on overdue errands...then my day is over, then im back at work the next day....crazy cycle

is that worth 100k+?
Have you read the 4 hour work week?
 11-30-2012, 02:33 AMaway - #74
ReMiXed 

d 
space
$227 | 363809
Originally Posted by Spoken210
Elaborate
 11-30-2012, 11:05 AMaway - #75
quentyburga725 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$6,793 | POWERFUL
man there is some real a$s ni##as in here.. props to everyone who has shared there story
 11-30-2012, 09:25 PMaway - #76
kabnis 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$2,624 | POWERFUL
I'm 22, living at home and currently earning a bachelor's degree in Management of Aging Services. to pay bills and have some spending money i work part time at an upscale-ish restaurant. i've been with my girl for going on six years now, and chances are we'll be getting married once we both have our careers in order. she lives at home too, about ten minutes from me, and she's about to graduate from the University of Maryland, College Park with a degree in economics. she's graduating this year while i'll still be in school.

there's a huge market for my degree already, and it will only get bigger as the baby-boom age cohort retires. i messed up my first 2 years of college switching majors, i went from wanting to be an orthodontist to wanting to be a politician to finally choosing this career path. i'm in my fourth year right now, and will probably have to stay for a fifth. the department of my school is actually funded and overseen by a pretty big aging services provider, so my internships will most likely be extremely beneficial to my career. the department will also pay for my masters and PhD, which i plan to go for. the company recently tapped into China's huuuuge market, and i just signed up for my first semester of mandarin. my great aunt worked for a senator or something since the sixties and was caking by the time she retired because she was the only hispanic with that kind of seniority. when she died, she left me and my siblings with crazy amounts of money. my mother put it all into some state college plan that paid for 5 years of undergrad to any instate school for each of us. so i'm debt free at the moment except for a couple winter/spring/summer classes which for some reason aren't covered in the plan.

i love my girl, i can afford mad herb and blurays, i drive a bmw that i paid for, and have a circle of good friends that i've known for eight or more years.

i understand that i'm very lucky. i'm happy in that sense, but only in the moment.

the more time i spend in class, the more i think this degree isn't for me. that this career isn't for me. my biggest fear is that i'll wind up pushing old ladies' wheelchairs all day in a white and sterile environment. i worry that my talents and interests (writing/drawing/history) are being squandered and have taken a back-burner to money. i rationalize it by saying that in this career i'll be earning a decent salary AND helping people and providing for society, but that rationale wears thinner every semester.

and my girl. i love her to de@th, and she's been nothing but loyal to me. she put up with me while i was getting drunk and smoking weed instead of spending time with her (more often than not, using her money), with me growing my hair out and looking like a damn fool and not being able to get a job, with my poor nutrition and health resulting in my being overweight and having acne, and worst of all, once i got myself together and fixed all those things, she put up with me cheating on her and lying in pretty much every exchange we had. i've gotten past the cheating and all my other deficits, and now i'm faced with something i never thought i would be: i'm starting to think i'm too smart for her. we can't ever discuss politics, film, music (things i care about), or just ideas about life in general with any sort of depth. it always gets reduced to comments about how attractive/ugly a politician or actor is or something equally meaningless. i know i love her, but i also know that i could just as easily grow to love another girl with more in common with me. part of me is disgusted for even thinking this about her, but another part is disgusted that i would consider depriving myself of a meaningful, life-long relationship with a person based on time already invested.

i have it better than a lot of people, and for that i'm grateful. but i'm just left feeling incredibly conflicted between my feelings of gratitude and my feelings of unhappiness.
 12-02-2012, 12:43 AMaway - #77
skillahmang 2 heat pts

d 
space
$17,082 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by pu$$y
I'm 22, living at home and currently earning a bachelor's degree in Management of Aging Services. to pay bills and have some spending money i work part time at an upscale-ish restaurant. i've been with my girl for going on six years now, and chances are we'll be getting married once we both have our careers in order. she lives at home too, about ten minutes from me, and she's about to graduate from the University of Maryland, College Park with a degree in economics. she's graduating this year while i'll still be in school.

there's a huge market for my degree already, and it will only get bigger as the baby-boom age cohort retires. i messed up my first 2 years of college switching majors, i went from wanting to be an orthodontist to wanting to be a politician to finally choosing this career path. i'm in my fourth year right now, and will probably have to stay for a fifth. the department of my school is actually funded and overseen by a pretty big aging services provider, so my internships will most likely be extremely beneficial to my career. the department will also pay for my masters and PhD, which i plan to go for. the company recently tapped into China's huuuuge market, and i just signed up for my first semester of mandarin. my great aunt worked for a senator or something since the sixties and was caking by the time she retired because she was the only hispanic with that kind of seniority. when she died, she left me and my siblings with crazy amounts of money. my mother put it all into some state college plan that paid for 5 years of undergrad to any instate school for each of us. so i'm debt free at the moment except for a couple winter/spring/summer classes which for some reason aren't covered in the plan.

i love my girl, i can afford mad herb and blurays, i drive a bmw that i paid for, and have a circle of good friends that i've known for eight or more years.

i understand that i'm very lucky. i'm happy in that sense, but only in the moment.

the more time i spend in class, the more i think this degree isn't for me. that this career isn't for me. my biggest fear is that i'll wind up pushing old ladies' wheelchairs all day in a white and sterile environment. i worry that my talents and interests (writing/drawing/history) are being squandered and have taken a back-burner to money. i rationalize it by saying that in this career i'll be earning a decent salary AND helping people and providing for society, but that rationale wears thinner every semester.

and my girl. i love her to de@th, and she's been nothing but loyal to me. she put up with me while i was getting drunk and smoking weed instead of spending time with her (more often than not, using her money), with me growing my hair out and looking like a damn fool and not being able to get a job, with my poor nutrition and health resulting in my being overweight and having acne, and worst of all, once i got myself together and fixed all those things, she put up with me cheating on her and lying in pretty much every exchange we had. i've gotten past the cheating and all my other deficits, and now i'm faced with something i never thought i would be: i'm starting to think i'm too smart for her. we can't ever discuss politics, film, music (things i care about), or just ideas about life in general with any sort of depth. it always gets reduced to comments about how attractive/ugly a politician or actor is or something equally meaningless. i know i love her, but i also know that i could just as easily grow to love another girl with more in common with me. part of me is disgusted for even thinking this about her, but another part is disgusted that i would consider depriving myself of a meaningful, life-long relationship with a person based on time already invested.

i have it better than a lot of people, and for that i'm grateful. but i'm just left feeling incredibly conflicted between my feelings of gratitude and my feelings of unhappiness.
sounds like you got most of your #### together, but on that relationship. i know shorty has probably rode with you through a lot of ####. maybe i have a selfish out look, but you got one life to live homie. life is real out here, you cant be staying in relationships because you don't want to hurt anybodys feelings. what about you man. you dont got no kids, so the only person who matters is YOU! look out for you. make sure your doing that at all times. not having a girl that you can relate and converse with is huge. yeah ####ing can be good, but you cant #### all day. thats not a mature relationship. i hope things work out for you man.

as people have previously said real talk in here. i will soon drop my life story. #### is real out here.

everybody stay up.
 12-04-2012, 11:40 PMaway - #78
Famous1s 

d 
space
$34 | 105505
Think & grow rich give it a
Shot!!! You can do it
 12-05-2012, 02:01 AMaway - #79
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,711 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by skillahmang
sounds like you got most of your #### together, but on that relationship. i know shorty has probably rode with you through a lot of ####. maybe i have a selfish out look, but you got one life to live homie. life is real out here, you cant be staying in relationships because you don't want to hurt anybodys feelings. what about you man. you dont got no kids, so the only person who matters is YOU! look out for you. make sure your doing that at all times. not having a girl that you can relate and converse with is huge. yeah ####ing can be good, but you cant #### all day. thats not a mature relationship. i hope things work out for you man.

as people have previously said real talk in here. i will soon drop my life story. #### is real out here.

everybody stay up.
This. I would make sure that what you want before you do it. Remember you can't have everything in a women sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad. If it something you must have then push her to the side.
 12-05-2012, 03:29 AMaway - #80
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Spoken210

This for all the folks tired of feeling like a "prisoner" in their current job. Here's the synopsis of the book:

More than 100 pages of new, cutting-edge content.

Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, or just living more and working less, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.

This step-by-step guide to luxury lifestyle design teaches:
•How Tim went from $40,000 per year and 80 hours per week to $40,000 per month and 4 hours per week
•How to outsource your life to overseas virtual a$sistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
•How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
•How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
•How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”

The new expanded edition of Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Workweek includes:
•More than 50 practical tips and case studies from readers (including families) who have doubled income, overcome common sticking points, and reinvented themselves using the original book as a starting point
•Real-world templates you can copy for eliminating e-mail, negotiating with bosses and clients, or getting a private chef for less than $8 a meal
•How Lifestyle Design principles can be suited to unpredictable economic times
•The latest tools and tricks, as well as high-tech shortcuts, for living like a diplomat or millionaire without being either

I've actually practiced the "mini-retirement" concept on my own before I even heard of this. Well, not exactly, because I would work for someone else doing a typical slave wage job, but for only 4-5 months, save the entire time, then use my money for my own enjoyment, and save an egg for my survival to the next job. Interesting concepts in this theory.

Also, for those in higher management type positions, stressed with responsibility yet make good money, look into this book:

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 12-05-2012 at 03:44 AM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 Dominates Best Sell..
70 comments
why do so many people hate indie games?
60 comments
Coming soon to Xbox One Preview: An exclusive first look at EA ..
71 comments
 Video inside Man On 6 Train Starts Drawing Everybody On The Train A...
New reply 10 seconds ago - 57 comments - by local celebrity
 Video inside Fab And His Fake Jewelry
New reply 8 minutes ago - 101 comments - by Mutant Boy
 Image(s) inside Jeezy Celebrates His Son’s 18th Birthday (pictures)
New reply 37 seconds ago - 76 comments - by Whoo
 Image(s) inside Free Lil Reese
New reply 9 minutes ago - 208 comments - by WizLatifa
 Image(s) inside All These Mufu-kin Kids Nigga Pull Out Game Weak Af
New reply 2 minutes ago - 140 comments - by Muunsta
 Video inside Def Jam: Fight For Ny" Was Blazin' Out Of Control
New reply 11 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Doc Logical
 NFL Sherman Responds To Patrick Peterson's "you Mad B...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 108 comments - by st21
 NBA Is This Nigga Josh Gordon Serious B?
New reply 15 minutes ago - 55 comments - by Trapaveli

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.