This is BX @ Boxden.com

Where's your life heading?

Where's your life heading?
 11-26-2012, 12:23 AMaway - #41
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,121 | POWERFUL
Well, I wanna see if anybody can help me out. I'm actually in a better spot than alot of you ni##as because I'm 19 and got no kids. Been removed from high school for over a year and 2 months. I'm like at a crossroad or a standstill like I don't know what my next move is, my momz is going thru it but I'm gonna help her out with the bills so I guess she gonna be fine on that for a lil bit. But I got this A+ Certification with no experience and I'm thinking like I'm not really feelin the whole A+ #### nomore, I realized its alot of nerd ni##as in there, and honestly speaking its not who I am. Like the #### goes against everything I am basically. Moving on though I feel as if even if I was to apply for an Entry level IT job, I would get fired cause my knowledge and ability to perform hands-on is not where it needs to be so I'm unsure what to do in that situation (I would like to learn more about hands on and helping customers before I possibly get there though but don't know how).

Bare with me if anything I'm saying is sounding weird or dumb.

So right now I needa job but I want something paying at least $10 hr, dont know if I'll find it... I feel as with how much of a bind me & my momz who I live with off and on is in I'm gonna go back to sellling drugs. Tbh I'm the typa person who can't work for somebody anyway. I'm either gonna be rich, live comfortably, be in jail, or dead. N that's real #### theirs no just gettin by on a dead end job for me and a 9-5 aint 4 me in the long run I know it....My main focus right now is tryna get some money the legal way, I'm tryna find mad hustles I'll be good at. I wanna move out my mothers crib and just cake bread, I'm not the hard to please type when It comes to that. I dont even want a whole crib knowing I can't afford it, I just needa room and a place to eat, my own space and I'll be cool. I was thinking bout doin Security, some easy #### to get bread off of. I basically need a job that can support someone living in a room. Cuz I'll tuff it out for the next 2 maybe even 3 years and I know I'll have something else lined up. I just needa find some definite income....
 11-26-2012, 12:54 AMaway - #42
riga89 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,809 | POWERFUL
I'm 29 have a girlfriend (who is eventually going to be the wife) and in my second year of medical school and trying to make it. Like a lot of people on here, I have made some bad decisions, but mine comes in the form of financial decisions. I owe about $22k in between student loans and outstanding debt. The only thing that really scares me is 2:
1. My lifestyle
2. Extra-marital affairs

1. I have a tendency to go out and spend beyond my means which means, cars, clothes, eating out, sporting events, hotels, etc.. so I'm hoping my girl holds me down in this department and can reel me in when I get out of line.

2. As far as the women are concerned, I have a tendency to attract women and they tend try and be mine, or want me to be their guy, regardless of whether or not I'm in a relationship. It is very scary and real that the power they have, in between the charm, beautiful looks and nice clothes, that it makes it a battle that I'm f!ghting and I have come a long way from where I have been in the past. I see it all the time how successful men and their families are torn apart by a decision that the guy ends up regretting. I am determined that this will not be me. I am putting God first and this has never failed me.

Props to those who are trying out there with no family support. The biggest thing that I have is my family behind me 110%. They understand that I'm not perfect, but I am trying. With medicine, I hope to land a Radiologist residency and see where life takes me from there. Remember that every decision you make has consequences, whether they be good or bad. Life is about making the right decisions and learning from your mistakes. Never be afraid to take a risk, just make sure you are doing the right things for your future.
 11-26-2012, 03:46 AMaway - #43
sigNN 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,018 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FreshBeatzBx
Well, I wanna see if anybody can help me out. I'm actually in a better spot than alot of you ni##as because I'm 19 and got no kids. Been removed from high school for over a year and 2 months. I'm like at a crossroad or a standstill like I don't know what my next move is, my momz is going thru it but I'm gonna help her out with the bills so I guess she gonna be fine on that for a lil bit. But I got this A+ Certification with no experience and I'm thinking like I'm not really feelin the whole A+ #### nomore, I realized its alot of nerd ni##as in there, and honestly speaking its not who I am. Like the #### goes against everything I am basically. Moving on though I feel as if even if I was to apply for an Entry level IT job, I would get fired cause my knowledge and ability to perform hands-on is not where it needs to be so I'm unsure what to do in that situation (I would like to learn more about hands on and helping customers before I possibly get there though but don't know how).

So right now I needa job but I want something paying at least $10 hr, dont know if I'll find it... I feel as with how much of a bind me & my momz who I live with off and on is in I'm gonna go back to sellling drugs. Tbh I'm the typa person who can't work for somebody anyway. I'm either gonna be rich, live comfortably, be in jail, or dead. N that's real #### theirs no just gettin by on a dead end job for me and a 9-5 aint 4 me in the long run I know it....My main focus right now is tryna get some money the legal way, I'm tryna find mad hustles I'll be good at. I wanna move out my mothers crib and just cake bread, I'm not the hard to please type when It comes to that. I dont even want a whole crib knowing I can't afford it, I just needa room and a place to eat, my own space and I'll be cool. I was thinking bout doin Security, some easy #### to get bread off of. I basically need a job that can support someone living in a room. Cuz I'll tuff it out for the next 2 maybe even 3 years and I know I'll have something else lined up. I just needa find some definite income....
im thought about the same #### with nerd foos and #### but #### it at least ill be the coolest mutah####a their and girls will be jocking well if your just trying to get cash than go with that i got a homeboy and a cousin doing it and say its cake money plus you can do side hustles on the weekends like partys, clubs etc. but since your young i would suggest you try to focus on what your going to do after if thats not what you want to do for the rest of your life.
 11-26-2012, 09:44 AMaway - #44
JamcnPrettyboy 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$18,392 | POWERFUL
I'm 25 y/o I work as a legal analyst (paralegal) I make $51k a year and I live on my own.

You would think everything is good but I'm truly not happy. I feel as though I'm not living life. The money doesn't compensate for the empty feeling I have inside. I wanna travel, I want my hobbies and talents to be my career , I want to share my ideas, I wanna help people.

I hate working a 9-5 I hate the fact that my job entails corporate americas f!ght over money.

This isn't how life should be lived but I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I'm trying to make changes.
 11-26-2012, 02:48 PMaway - #45
riga89 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,809 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by JamcnPrettyboy
I'm 25 y/o I work as a legal analyst (paralegal) I make $51k a year and I live on my own.

You would think everything is good but I'm truly not happy. I feel as though I'm not living life. The money doesn't compensate for the empty feeling I have inside. I wanna travel, I want my hobbies and talents to be my career , I want to share my ideas, I wanna help people.

I hate working a 9-5 I hate the fact that my job entails corporate americas f!ght over money.

This isn't how life should be lived but I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself. I'm trying to make changes.
What exactly is your plan for getting out of that 9-5? You need to make a plan a stick to it. Have a both a long-term and short-term plan.
 11-26-2012, 10:26 PMaway - #46
J_Rey 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,953 | 8261839
32 wife kids nice house dead end job wife has a good job and she wants me to try something else but i really just dont know what i want to do kinda feel like im to old to start something new but tired of busting my back in a warehouse and cant get promoted
 11-26-2012, 11:10 PMaway - #47
seanie 9 heat pts

d 
space
$918 | 7220446
becoming an architect
I hope the economy rebounds when I'm finished school in 5/6 years
 11-27-2012, 10:35 PMaway - #48
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,751 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by riga89
I'm 29 have a girlfriend (who is eventually going to be the wife) and in my second year of medical school and trying to make it. Like a lot of people on here, I have made some bad decisions, but mine comes in the form of financial decisions. I owe about $22k in between student loans and outstanding debt. The only thing that really scares me is 2:
1. My lifestyle
2. Extra-marital affairs

1. I have a tendency to go out and spend beyond my means which means, cars, clothes, eating out, sporting events, hotels, etc.. so I'm hoping my girl holds me down in this department and can reel me in when I get out of line.

2. As far as the women are concerned, I have a tendency to attract women and they tend try and be mine, or want me to be their guy, regardless of whether or not I'm in a relationship. It is very scary and real that the power they have, in between the charm, beautiful looks and nice clothes, that it makes it a battle that I'm f!ghting and I have come a long way from where I have been in the past. I see it all the time how successful men and their families are torn apart by a decision that the guy ends up regretting. I am determined that this will not be me. I am putting God first and this has never failed me.

Props to those who are trying out there with no family support. The biggest thing that I have is my family behind me 110%. They understand that I'm not perfect, but I am trying. With medicine, I hope to land a Radiologist residency and see where life takes me from there. Remember that every decision you make has consequences, whether they be good or bad. Life is about making the right decisions and learning from your mistakes. Never be afraid to take a risk, just make sure you are doing the right things for your future.
22k in debt isn't bad... man you need to hold on and I think in your case stop taking #### for granted. I know this #### sounds cheezy, but I was in a similar spot as you, and what I did was I made of list of all the things I did have and was thankful for and it helped me with some of my decision making. Like even my girl I made a list of all the ####, I loved about her and read it everyday. Every time I would see a chick, or they would try to small talk me I would think of that list and be like I am good. I agree with all of the last part, but one thing I learned also is life is about taking advantage of opportunities (this is what some people don't get).
 11-27-2012, 10:37 PMaway - #49
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,751 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by J_Rey
32 wife kids nice house dead end job wife has a good job and she wants me to try something else but i really just dont know what i want to do kinda feel like im to old to start something new but tired of busting my back in a warehouse and cant get promoted
Your still young. Save up some money cut back on all that unnecessary ####, and quit your job then try to find a job doing something you do love.
 11-27-2012, 10:45 PMaway - #50
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,751 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FreshBeatzBx

You need to figure out what you want to do, first and foremost. I mean your still young and have time, but you talking about too much ####. Decide what you want to really do. Selling birds ain't going to do nothing but land you in jail or get you a record and ruin your future. If you go the computer route. Being "the cool" one in IT will get you somewhere. Usually the nerds lack one critical thing we call "communication". Being a person who know IT and knows how to communication will get you FAR.
 11-28-2012, 10:08 AMaway - #51
MemphBleek05 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$7,291 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MemphBleek05
I'm 25, living with moms. I have a girl and she has a 1 year old, but since I'm the only man, outside of his family, the little guy has ever known, I've a$sumed the father role. I work as a Developer for a company, it's basically an entry level position. For the work I put in, I should be getting so much more, but since I simply needed something for my resume, I don't mind "paying dues". Anyone who knows me knows I want more, and I have pretty high aspirations. Although I shouldn't have to, at times I'm living check to check, between bills, helping mom out, and personal stuff, my money isn't as long as people a$sume. I sacrifice a lot of myself to help people out. Although I complain about it at times, I ultimately don't mind. If I see a person is in need, I help.

I'm one of those people with a lot of talent, but for no reason at all, sit on those talents. I'm working to change that. Although I have 2 college degrees (Associates, long story oh and f*ck Sallie Mae), I want a few Certifications. I'm cool with being a Developer/Programmer, but I feel as if I should specialize in Database Administration. As of now, the plan is to grab a SQL/T-SQL certification within the first 4 months of the new year. Maybe Oracle at some point, later the same year, depends on how I feel. I've developed a real love for photography, and after a 4 month long stint as a club photographer, I plan on freelancing a bit. My partner and I are talking about getting into real estate eventually. My girl is close to graduating. She's in school to be a Medical Laboratory Technician, I'm pushing her to re-enroll in the new year and finish that up. Eventually, I see myself either working contract jobs or owning my own business. Honestly, although I like my job and the nature of my career, I don't care for waking up and pulling up to someone else's company........
Just a quick update. Today, I interview for a Database Administration position. All signs point to the position being mine, just going through formalities of it all. This is really the path I would like to take, so I'm really happy for the opportunity to even interview. My girl interviewed for the Post Office a few weeks back. If she get that, she's at $23 a hour, added with whatever my new salary would be, it's a big step in the right direction. We've both sat down and talked about our future. Marriage is pretty much certain at this point. We've also talked about our financial situation. No more kids for a few years. We're good with 1, for now. The next few years will be about cutting down on debt. By the time we both reach 30, we want to have the debt fully under control. I have about 40K on me, from school, she has about 30k. The next thing I want to do, is pay off my car as soon as possible, just so I can get out of paying the note a month ($450 for a fully loaded 2010 Mercury Milian). Also, get my own spot...

EDIT:
As for the photography plans......one of my best friends just dropped $1500 on a Nikon. We're going to freelance around a bit, just to learn the camera. I have a marketing idea, that I know will work. So we can get extra money coming in....

Last edited by MemphBleek05; 11-28-2012 at 10:20 AM..
 11-28-2012, 01:39 PMaway - #52
SLiP 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$2,997 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
You need to figure out what you want to do, first and foremost. I mean your still young and have time, but you talking about too much ####. Decide what you want to really do. Selling birds ain't going to do nothing but land you in jail or get you a record and ruin your future. If you go the computer route. Being "the cool" one in IT will get you somewhere. Usually the nerds lack one critical thing we call "communication". Being a person who know IT and knows how to communication will get you FAR.
Just a quick update. Today, I interview for a Database Administration position. All signs point to the position being mine, just going through formalities of it all. This is really the path I would like to take, so I'm really happy for the opportunity to even interview. My girl interviewed for the Post Office a few weeks back. If she get that, she's at $23 a hour, added with whatever my new salary would be, it's a big step in the right direction. We've both sat down and talked about our future. Marriage is pretty much certain at this point. We've also talked about our financial situation. No more kids for a few years. We're good with 1, for now. The next few years will be about cutting down on debt. By the time we both reach 30, we want to have the debt fully under control. I have about 40K on me, from school, she has about 30k. The next thing I want to do, is pay off my car as soon as possible, just so I can get out of paying the note a month ($450 for a fully loaded 2010 Mercury Milian). Also, get my own spot...

EDIT:
As for the photography plans......one of my best friends just dropped $1500 on a Nikon. We're going to freelance around a bit, just to learn the camera. I have a marketing idea, that I know will work. So we can get extra money coming in....

I salute you guys.

11-28-2012, 02:03 PMaway - #53
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466
Originally Posted by JamcnPrettyboy

god damn dude

u just described me to a T

everything even the age is exactly how i feel...even the money is similar

im making the most money ive ever made in my life at the present time, so i should be happy right? wrong. im the least happy ive ever been in my life. can i afford a nice car? yea probably..would i be able to enjoy and drive it though? NO because i have work almost every ####ing day ..ive never had a dog in my life, ive always wanted one. can i afford one? sure. would i be able to have it? no because ill never be home and itll be alone by itself all day long .. would i love to travel and can i afford it? absolutely. but can i? no because i cant request that many days off in a row

its such a paradox. the way the working life is structured ..you make all this money, but cant ever enjoy it until you retire. and by that point you are old and ready to die and cant do the things you once did.

some guy at my job worked there for 30+ years. finally decided to call it quits ...died 2 years into his retirement at the age of 60 something ...some life

i want to quit my job and utilize my talents and make a living that way, but im stuck..i dont know how to do it and its driving me insane. im the most unhappy ive ever been in my life despite making the most money ive ever made..this money isnt ####. i would trade it all for my freedom and personal happiness...it might be "insane" to some, but ive seriously contemplated giving up my job (which is considered a good job, and a hard one to get) and being broke just for the opportunity to be happy again ...i wont be able to afford my cars,travel expenses, etc anymore,...but at the same time i cant get those now ANYWAY.

the clock is ticking and my birthday is very soon and thats another year that i feel went down the drain. all these suckers around me are encouraging me and telling me im in a great position and how im set and how im gonna make over 100k+ easy in a few years but i just dont see it that way. im so unhappy
 11-28-2012, 02:11 PMaway - #54
Prodigy 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$9,167 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ed Bundy
god damn dude

im making the most money ive ever made in my life at the present time, so i should be happy right? wrong. im the least happy ive ever been in my life. can i afford a nice car? yea probably..would i be able to enjoy and drive it though? NO because i have work almost every ####ing day ..ive never had a dog in my life, ive always wanted one. can i afford one? sure. would i be able to have it? no because ill never be home and itll be alone by itself all day long .. would i love to travel and can i afford it? absolutely. but can i? no because i cant request that many days off in a row

its such a paradox. the way the working life is structured ..you make all this money, but cant ever enjoy it until you retire. and by that point you are old and ready to die and cant do the things you once did.

some guy at my job worked there for 30+ years. finally decided to call it quits ...died 2 years into his retirement at the age of 60 something ...some life

i want to quit my job and utilize my talents and make a living that way, but im stuck..i dont know how to do it and its driving me insane. im the most unhappy ive ever been in my life despite making the most money ive ever made..this money isnt ####. i would trade it all for my freedom and personal happiness...it might be "insane" to some, but ive seriously contemplated giving up my job (which is considered a good job, and a hard one to get) and being broke just for the opportunity to be happy again ...i wont be able to afford my cars,travel expenses, etc anymore,...but at the same time i cant get those now ANYWAY.

the clock is ticking and my birthday is very soon and thats another year that i feel went down the drain. all these suckers around me are encouraging me and telling me im in a great position and how im set and how im gonna make over 100k+ easy in a few years but i just dont see it that way. im so unhappy

Anyone who allows money to dictate what they do will end up wasting their life. Society programs people into believing that money is everything and that it should be your number one priority no matter what. That's why only a small percentage of people truly realize what happiness is..

Last edited by Prodigy; 11-28-2012 at 02:13 PM..
 11-28-2012, 03:01 PMaway - #55
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,751 | POWERFUL

EDIT:
Good ####. I hope you get the job. I knew you had potential to do so much more.

Get on that debt ASAP. The faster you cut out your debt the more you get to A) Enjoy life with your money and B) save for your future. If you are good with finances I would advise coming up with a plan to eliminate it within next 10-11 years. If not try to go to a credit union speak with a financial advisor and try to get a plan made.

It's always good to have a future with a women that is going places just like you, or that has drive like you do. It's good you can both be on the same page. I would also save up a few months of rent before you move out and get your own spot.
 11-28-2012, 03:41 PMaway - #56
sigNN 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,018 | POWERFUL
god damn dude

i would probably be one of those people telling you that looool but just understand they are not in the same situation as you. i would suggest go back to the drawing board and see what choices you do have to look for another job that isnt such a life sucker one of the reasons why i didnt take a construction job my friend offered me but he works countless hours even days. i would rather have a job that pays decent and enjoy the little things in life like have my own house, a dog, travel etc. i hope you can find a loop hole to your happiness man because in the end thats all we want for each other.

Last edited by sigNN; 11-28-2012 at 03:45 PM..
 11-28-2012, 03:49 PMaway - #57
sigNN 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,018 | POWERFUL

EDIT:
congrats man and as previously stated get that debt taken care off especially if your trying to get a house in the near future
 11-28-2012, 07:07 PMaway - #58
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466
Originally Posted by Prodigy

Anyone who allows money to dictate what they do will end up wasting their life. Society programs people into believing that money is everything and that it should be your number one priority no matter what. That's why only a small percentage of people truly realize what happiness is..

i know man, i agree..but i just wish it was easier ...its not as simple as "quit my job, go start being happy"

if i do that, the money i have saved will run out soon and i will be in bad position ...i wish i had the answer/solution to this problem right now but i dont ...i havent figured it out yet

Originally Posted by LAZARO
i would probably be one of those people telling you that looool but just understand they are not in the same situation as you. i would suggest go back to the drawing board and see what choices you do have to look for another job that isnt such a life sucker one of the reasons why i didnt take a construction job my friend offered me but he works countless hours even days. i would rather have a job that pays decent and enjoy the little things in life like have my own house, a dog, travel etc. i hope you can find a loop hole to your happiness man because in the end thats all we want for each other.
thanks but read my above post... its hard to find that loophole...im working on it right now but i just dont see it yet...im stuck in this terrible rat maze...dying to escape it

i want the best of both worlds. freedom AND financial security ...but right now i can only choose 1 of those..its a ####ed up position
 11-28-2012, 08:23 PMaway - #59
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,751 | POWERFUL

i know man, i agree..but i just wish it was easier ...its not as simple as "quit my job, go start being happy"

if i do that, the money i have saved will run out soon and i will be in bad position ...i wish i had the answer/solution to this problem right now but i dont ...i havent figured it out yet

thanks but read my above post... its hard to find that loophole...im working on it right now but i just dont see it yet...im stuck in this terrible rat maze...dying to escape it

i want the best of both worlds. freedom AND financial security ...but right now i can only choose 1 of those..its a ####ed up position
Why not just save up, so you can have enough money to live off for about 3 months and go job hunting. If you have a good amount of exp and a degree. I could see you easily getting a job in like a month tops. If you wanna stay and be miserable that your choice, but it doesn't have to be that way. It's hard to have the money and freedom, very few people have both. Think about what you want to chase more. Happiness or Money?
 11-28-2012, 09:55 PMaway - #60
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466
Originally Posted by egotistical
Why not just save up, so you can have enough money to live off for about 3 months and go job hunting. If you have a good amount of exp and a degree. I could see you easily getting a job in like a month tops. If you wanna stay and be miserable that your choice, but it doesn't have to be that way. It's hard to have the money and freedom, very few people have both. Think about what you want to chase more. Happiness or Money?
na man ...thats not it

i dont want to find a job anywhere...very few jobs would make me happy.. i dont like the idea of being "imprisoned" period. even if its a better job than my current one, its the same thing ultimately.

theres very few jobs i would want and those are like impossible to get and unrealistic at this point. id like to start my own company or something or do something utilizing my creative talents but thats where it gets tricky.. its not that easy

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 24 - JUST IN: Photos of Officer Darren Wilson's I..
82 comments
Image inside  Nov 25 - Storeowner who Michael Brown took cigarellos..
51 comments
Image inside  Nov 25 - Startling Photos Of Ferguson The Morning After
65 comments
 NFL Ravens Steve Smith Sr. Fights Saints' Kenny Vaccaro
New reply 4 minutes ago - 60 comments - by italiansteve
 Article inside Migos - Tha Truth (quavo Speaks On Robbery) (audio)
New reply 37 minutes ago - 334 comments - by SlimDunkin
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Disses Diddy, Later Deletes Post
New reply 11 minutes ago - 54 comments - by yo0123yo
  Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Was Released 22 Years Ago Today
New reply 39 minutes ago - 73 comments - by kindabizzie
 Image(s) inside Young Guru Pleads With Charlamagne The God: "you ...
New reply 27 minutes ago - 88 comments - by Roo 50
 Image(s) inside Nov 25 - Officer Darren Wilson---i Did Nothing Wrong &...
New reply 40 minutes ago - 55 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Best Film Shootout Ever?
New reply 31 minutes ago - 54 comments - by JohnnyCage202
 Video inside Nov 25 - Michael Brown Step Dad To Protestors:burn Thi...
New reply 43 minutes ago - 135 comments - by Carlton Black

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,863 fans of BX | none new today 4,810 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.