This is BX @ Boxden.com

Where's your life heading?

Where's your life heading?
 10-30-2012, 09:57 PMaway - #21
BlueGray 

d 
space
$395 | 755818
I'm 27, work as a bartender part time right now. I got in a car wreck a few years ago and apparently didn't have insurance (thought I did because the card in my wallet said I was covered for a few more months)..apparently it ran out 9 days before I got in a wreck heading to work. Was only going 25 mph and t-boned this van. I guess they estimated the damage at around $7,000. I lost my car and my license in the midst of it all. Went into a pretty deep depression because of it all. Went to a college in another town for a year with a couple other friends just to get away from everything...even though I got around $12,000 in scholarships, it still put me another $10,000 in debt ha. Caught an a$sault charge beating up a guy that spit in my gf's face. Wasn't until a few months later that I realized that girl was a psycho and deserved to get spit in her face. After we broke up, I was given a 3-month jail sentence in the town where she was from which was about an hour away from where I went to college. Spent about a month of the sentence in jail..appealed it..was released for a couple months and lost the appeal and had to serve the rest of my original sentence. They ran out of room at that county jail, so I was transferred to a federal holding facility where I had to bunk with rapists and murd3rers.

During that time, I had every excuse and reason to go into an even deeper depression. But I am so thankful for that time that I spent there. Even though it wasn't a very long time (it seemed like forever to me though!), I used every waking minute I could in that place to really reevaluate my life. Basically all I did before this was party and not really give a #### about much. I came out of that place knowing what I didn't want anymore...and that was to basically waste my life away not caring about much and trying to "have fun" all the time.

I still don't have a great job by any means, but I'm finally working to pay my debts to society that I owe. I should be finally getting my license back here within the next week which I'm excited about. I'm looking at moving to a bigger town within the next 6 months or so and really live on my own and see what I can do from there.
 10-31-2012, 03:37 PMaway - #22
md boy 

d 
space
$15 | 12475
im 22, live with moms work in a electrical union for about 3 years making about 21 a hour now. After a few more raises ill be at 25 a hour by june. I feel stuck though. I think i have a good career path i dont want to do this all my life though, think i want to go into the IT field. Dont know what my next step is.
 11-02-2012, 06:17 AMaway - #23
pocketchange 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,194 | POWERFUL
Live in an apartment by myself, self-employed, finishing college with a BA, I own my car, saving my cash and I have a plan that doesn't involve my degree, but I'll have it to fallback on. I'm also diversifying and networking with people all over the nation. My girl doesn't live with me yet, but once she does move in things will be even better.

Next year should be a good year for me, I finally get to put some of my plans into action and many, many, many doors should open. Right now I'm just trying to enjoy myself and the position I'm in.

I'm not afraid of falling off, it's coming, but it's steady. But if I ever fell off, I always bounce back because the moves get bolder as you get older.
 11-02-2012, 01:34 PMaway - #24
atlsfinest1083 

d 
space
$84 | 274658
29 . Decent job but definitely not where I want to be at. I really don't consider myself as a 9-5 type guy. I am working on a big cartel store. One of my homeboys and I also operate a blog . Im currently saving money and paying off debt. If I didn't bs for a couple yrs after college I would be a whole lot better, but you live and you learn.
 11-04-2012, 05:06 PMaway - #25
SLiP 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$2,861 | POWERFUL
This is the most interesting thread i've read on BX.

But uhh.. I'm 18, just graduated high school in June.
Working at a sports bar for 8 dollars an hour
I'm a fulltime student working towards a degree in Info Systems Management
w/ a focus on Network Security.
I live with my Mom and Stepfather.
Aspiring Musician.
 11-04-2012, 07:43 PMaway - #26
sycomiko 1 heat pts

d 
space
$362 | 2089310
this might help.

i worked at a box company and only made 10 an hour. and took my experience elsewhere. now i make 20 an hour doing the same thing. the hardest part is letting go of a job youve had for a good while and pays the bills. especially when times are hard. but its a risk i took. and worked out for me. good luck on whatever youre trying to do.

what type of job do you have anyway?
 11-05-2012, 07:21 AMaway - #27
KAPITAL85 2 heat pts

d 
space
$190 | 1117139
Originally Posted by sycomiko
this might help.

i worked at a box company and only made 10 an hour. and took my experience elsewhere. now i make 20 an hour doing the same thing. the hardest part is letting go of a job youve had for a good while and pays the bills. especially when times are hard. but its a risk i took. and worked out for me. good luck on whatever youre trying to do.

what type of job do you have anyway?

same thing work in a warehouse for 7 years started at 10 dollars now 12 dollars a hr. Boss said no more raises we have reached the maximum....TALKING ABOUT DEAD END JOB

I do data entry log in all the freight that comes in from the trucks and the ups and fedex.

And work with a lot of pressure no help. Cause they say i can handle it cause im Fast AND THE BEST>>> IF IM THE BEST WHY CANT I GET A DAMN NICE RAISE>BASTARDS
 11-05-2012, 09:04 AMaway - #28
quintosis03 3 heat pts

d 
space
$3,075 | 11054353
im doing pretty good. im 27, working on my masters in computer science right now(been bull####ting on this for the past 3 years). got my own spot, car paid off. making decent money programming. trying to stack my money so that I can fix up my credit. paying off these student loans (they aint no joke) other than that, I cant complain. things are going good for you boy.

11-05-2012, 04:24 PMaway - #29
mm1000 5 heat pts

d 
space
$429 | 5085975
Originally Posted by KAPITAL85
same thing work in a warehouse for 7 years started at 10 dollars now 12 dollars a hr. Boss said no more raises we have reached the maximum....TALKING ABOUT DEAD END JOB

I do data entry log in all the freight that comes in from the trucks and the ups and fedex.

And work with a lot of pressure no help. Cause they say i can handle it cause im Fast AND THE BEST>>> IF IM THE BEST WHY CANT I GET A DAMN NICE RAISE>BASTARDS
Tell him you're not asking for a raise, you want a promotion. Get up there in the management level.
 11-07-2012, 02:44 PMaway - #30
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,726 | POWERFUL
I am blessed. I have a good amount of savings. I have great credit score. Just got a new job a few months back making good money. I am only 23 years old. I can not complain for one minute.

But what I will do is give advice. For some of you u guys need to cut back on your spending and save money. Save about 2-3 months of money for your bills, then quit your job. Spend your time finding a new job. My sister did this and it changed her life. She was in a dead end job she hated. She stacked her money for the next 3-4 months, then quit her job. Only ended up being unemployed for like a month and a half.
 11-07-2012, 04:43 PMaway - #31
ARosary 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$5,892 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BlueGray
I'm 27, work as a bartender part time right now. I got in a car wreck a few years ago and apparently didn't have insurance (thought I did because the card in my wallet said I was covered for a few more months)..apparently it ran out 9 days before I got in a wreck heading to work. Was only going 25 mph and t-boned this van. I guess they estimated the damage at around $7,000. I lost my car and my license in the midst of it all. Went into a pretty deep depression because of it all. Went to a college in another town for a year with a couple other friends just to get away from everything...even though I got around $12,000 in scholarships, it still put me another $10,000 in debt ha. Caught an a$sault charge beating up a guy that spit in my gf's face. Wasn't until a few months later that I realized that girl was a psycho and deserved to get spit in her face. After we broke up, I was given a 3-month jail sentence in the town where she was from which was about an hour away from where I went to college. Spent about a month of the sentence in jail..appealed it..was released for a couple months and lost the appeal and had to serve the rest of my original sentence. They ran out of room at that county jail, so I was transferred to a federal holding facility where I had to bunk with rapists and murd3rers.

During that time, I had every excuse and reason to go into an even deeper depression. But I am so thankful for that time that I spent there. Even though it wasn't a very long time (it seemed like forever to me though!), I used every waking minute I could in that place to really reevaluate my life. Basically all I did before this was party and not really give a #### about much. I came out of that place knowing what I didn't want anymore...and that was to basically waste my life away not caring about much and trying to "have fun" all the time.

I still don't have a great job by any means, but I'm finally working to pay my debts to society that I owe. I should be finally getting my license back here within the next week which I'm excited about. I'm looking at moving to a bigger town within the next 6 months or so and really live on my own and see what I can do from there.
That was empowering brother. Peace & prosper to you.
 11-07-2012, 06:10 PMaway - #32
sycomiko 1 heat pts

d 
space
$362 | 2089310
Originally Posted by KAPITAL85

I didnt get any raise. I just switched jobs. Think about it. You have 7 years experience doing data enrty. So apply to big companies that pay more. Data entry positions are all over. You can even find an agency. Theres some agencies that work with fortune 500 companies and are looking for people like you who have 5+ years experience for data entry.
 11-23-2012, 11:20 PMonline - #33
Willbeatz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,541 | POWERFUL
I'm currently 31, with a degree in culinary science. I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. I have a really good job and don't care. I'm in a 2 relationship with a 25 year old ballet dancer. My problem is that I've lost my drive in life. In fact I haven't had it for a good 10 years. Had a rough couple of years between 17-20, lost my best friend/love of my life, got in a bad motorcycle accident that ended up with me in a wheelchair for 3 years and heavily addicted to pain k!llers. I can't even remember what happened in the last decade.
 11-24-2012, 08:11 AMaway - #34
Foyt 131 heat pts131

d 
space
$10,439 | POWERFUL

If I keep slacking...

Last edited by Foyt; 11-24-2012 at 08:15 AM..
 11-24-2012, 12:13 PMaway - #35
J Rob 6 heat pts

d 
space
$8,551 | POWERFUL
27, living with my mom. I don't have any kids. I want to be a therapist and I'm working toward getting a Master's Degree is Psychology. For now I just need to learn how to count my blessings and keep on pushing, my situation could be much worse according to some of the posts I've read in here.

Last edited by J Rob; 11-24-2012 at 12:16 PM..
 11-24-2012, 02:47 PMaway - #36
gideon123 

d 
space
$34 | 765
Originally Posted by Tonero
25 and Im not where i should be but im close. I finally finish my degree in december. Ive been on the drawing table for soo long stacking design for my clothing line, leavning to build websites and ####.

Once i grad i can finally put my plans to effect i have manufacturers i have a promotion platform and i will have the products finally cause i can affford to place orders. check us out

currently working with my girl to drop her clothing we are on the brink just need to raise cash. Once i get a job the cash will be there!!

I expect to get paid cause over time ive gotten really good at what i do in term of school(CIS) i am willing to work with any one to get cake as long as they can pull their weight. its a #### when u have to tell someone what to do ins tarts up its very essential that every one has an expertise and uses it
Nice to see a thread that isn't talking about the latest twitter beef!

Im 32, just started PT MBA program but my FT job is working for a startup online advertising company. VC backed, legit company. Grab-media.com. My job is to secure distribution for our licensed content and ad campaigns. In other words, I help websites make money with video.

I can help mlcmag.com, and any other site that is brand safe, make some money so holla at me if interested.
 11-25-2012, 06:06 PMaway - #37
sigNN 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,841 | 20639450
Originally Posted by md boy
im 22, live with moms work in a electrical union for about 3 years making about 21 a hour now. After a few more raises ill be at 25 a hour by june. I feel stuck though. I think i have a good career path i dont want to do this all my life though, think i want to go into the IT field. Dont know what my next step is.
might be a little late but i would go for my A+ certification im doing this myself taking the test tomorrow too.

im 23,living on unemployment because macy's did me wrong. live with my moms and pops with no girl (after she cheated on me with my boy 2 years ago) and no kids which in my situation now is koo. as many here i worked in warehouses, sucks coming home tried as #### and falling into that stereo type that Hispanics work ####ty jobs. now that i have time on my hands i recently been self teaching my self computers even though ive always had the skill to do it, i never really took full advantage of it when i could off, but my life and mentality has changed since 4 years ago. anyways after some life experiences and reading this thread it makes me realize i should take advantage of my opportunity now that i have the chance. i wish everyone here luck with anything and everything they do especially the dads. got love for men like that because i have family and real close friends going thru that same struggle and i know how hard that #### is.

Last edited by sigNN; 11-25-2012 at 06:17 PM..
 11-25-2012, 09:16 PMaway - #38
Classy Hood 

d 
space
$1 | 0
I'm 23. I live at home. I've messed around for 5 years, and had some other things go south. I went to trade school for hvac/r, but I hate that literally I just hate it.

Like the norm around here I've spent a lot of time driving a fork-truck and other position in warehouses. I was going to go to the military but apparently a driving record stops you from serving your county.

I took my would be army mos, and cross checked it with a program I found at a local community college for an AAS. I start in Jan I'm done wasting time.

I hate being broke, and I feel I'm too smart to force myself through a BS job everyday.
No kids. No GF. And not much for friends these days as I need to meet people who are trying to go better themselves, which is always hard when friends have other interests.

I read this thread, and it's even more of a motivation to just do what needs to be done. Props to OP for starting this thread.
 11-25-2012, 09:45 PMaway - #39
quentyburga725 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$6,874 | POWERFUL
22, live with parents while finishing up my degree in Business management. still have one more year but i plan on taking the max in the summer and fall. i recently left a host/server position that I've had for 4+ years, (jan) would of been 5.. long story short, we werent making any money and i feel like they tried to run me out and the manager was ampin everyday bout dumb ####..

left around late july, was unemployed for about 2+ months.. (hardest thing i ever had to go through, financially, physically, emotionally).

within those 2+ months, i put in over a dozen+ apps all over.. 2 weeks later i get a call, tell me to come in for the interview. i get the job i start a week later

i'm still at the same job making 8.50 from 9.75 during the fall/winter and about 600-800 a week during the week.. (winter i hosted bc all the older ladies had the best stations)

at this current job i work so much more than what i am getting paid, im in the process of looking for another job that makes more and that could help me with my degree in management....

i just need to keep my cool and stay focused
 11-25-2012, 10:59 PMaway - #40
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,109 | POWERFUL
Its alotta real ni##a #### in this thread and ni##as aint really judgin in this thread either

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Sep 30 - Two Female High School teachers accused of sex with st..
61 comments
Sep 30 - Breaking News: First Ebola Patient in America Confirmed
68 comments
Video inside  Taken 3 Trailer
51 comments
  Young Thug Supposedly Banned From St. Louis
New reply 2 minutes ago - 92 comments - by KleanKutt100
 Article inside Chris Brown Calls Tmz Harvey Levin “the Devil”
New reply 27 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Tha Truth
 NBA Kobe Disses Swaggy P
New reply 10 minutes ago - 97 comments - by Bkjj11
 NBA Dion Waiters Call John Wall 'best Backcourt' Comment &...
New reply 35 minutes ago - 133 comments - by Bkjj11
 Image(s) inside Chinese Billionaire Says: If You’re Poor At 35, You De...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 55 comments - by Shadiah
 NFL Jon Gruden Mulling Raiders If...
New reply 37 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Bkjj11
 Video inside Forza Horizon 2 |ot| The Only Club For Driving You'll ...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 89 comments - by Remy Lebeaw
 Video inside Rosenberg Sheds Light On Amber & Wiz Divorce (chea...
New reply 53 minutes ago - 143 comments - by grad051709

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.