This is BX @ Boxden.com

Where's your life heading?

Where's your life heading?
Red face topic by KAPITAL85 - 10-29-2012, 07:15 AM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

HOW ARE YOU DOING IN YOUR LIFE NOW ARE YOU SATISFIED OR DISAPOINTED? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE OR YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO CHANGE AND IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN. LIKE FOR INSTANCE IM TURNING 27 WORK IN A WAREHOUSE FOR 12 HR HAVE A 1 YR OLD AND A WIFE. LIVE IN A ONE BEDROOM APT AND WERE ALWAYS BROKE. I HAVE NO GED NO DIPLOMA AND IM TRYING TO GET IT BUT WITH A BABY AND GIRL THAT DOESN'T DRIVE ITS HARD. IM TIRED OF WAKING UP AND COMING TO WORK AND DOING THE SAME #### FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS. THIS JOB IN THE WAREHOUSE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A NOBODY. ALWAYS DIRTY WHEN I GET HOME FULL OF DUST ALL FOR 12 HR. LOL NOW DONT COME AT ME AND SAY AT LEAST "YOU HAVE A JOB" TIRED OF HEARING THAT. I WANT TO COME TO WORK IN LONG SLEEVE PANTS NICE ATTIRE. NOT LIKE A BUM FROM THE STREET "NO OFFENSE".

SO MY ? IS HOW ARE YOU DONG IN LIFE AND WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO AND BETTER YOURSELF AND FAMILY.

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

117 comments for "Where's your life heading?"

10-29-2012, 08:39 AMaway - #2
mm1000 5 heat pts

d 
space
$423 | 5085974
Use the 12 hours to your advantage, use it to think of how you could start a business. There are plenty of threads on boxden for how to think of business ideas and start one. There are many directions to go when starting a business, but the easiest thing to sell for a lot of money is knowledge. Just remember you live America, one of the easiest places in the world to start a business and get rich (Anyone with enough determination can do it). Also, get a resume put together and start sending it out. Maybe send out 10 a day and eventually you'll find a different job where you don't have to work long hours doing hard labor, and then you'll have more time and energy to focus on your career.
 10-29-2012, 08:42 AMaway - #3
CM Punk 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$5,012 | POWERFUL
smh, why can't we all be rich.

I hate to see ppl not happy man, I hate that.

I need to be president, we would be in debt like a motha####a but we all would be happy.
 10-29-2012, 08:44 AMaway - #4
MemphBleek05 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$6,691 | POWERFUL
I'm 25, living with moms. I have a girl and she has a 1 year old, but since I'm the only man, outside of his family, the little guy has ever known, I've a$sumed the father role. I work as a Developer for a company, it's basically an entry level position. For the work I put in, I should be getting so much more, but since I simply needed something for my resume, I don't mind "paying dues". Anyone who knows me knows I want more, and I have pretty high aspirations. Although I shouldn't have to, at times I'm living check to check, between bills, helping mom out, and personal stuff, my money isn't as long as people a$sume. I sacrifice a lot of myself to help people out. Although I complain about it at times, I ultimately don't mind. If I see a person is in need, I help.

I'm one of those people with a lot of talent, but for no reason at all, sit on those talents. I'm working to change that. Although I have 2 college degrees (Associates, long story oh and f*ck Sallie Mae), I want a few Certifications. I'm cool with being a Developer/Programmer, but I feel as if I should specialize in Database Administration. As of now, the plan is to grab a SQL/T-SQL certification within the first 4 months of the new year. Maybe Oracle at some point, later the same year, depends on how I feel. I've developed a real love for photography, and after a 4 month long stint as a club photographer, I plan on freelancing a bit. My partner and I are talking about getting into real estate eventually. My girl is close to graduating. She's in school to be a Medical Laboratory Technician, I'm pushing her to re-enroll in the new year and finish that up. Eventually, I see myself either working contract jobs or owning my own business. Honestly, although I like my job and the nature of my career, I don't care for waking up and pulling up to someone else's company........

Last edited by MemphBleek05; 10-29-2012 at 08:46 AM..
 10-29-2012, 10:48 AMaway - #5
Web Search 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,450 | 5224696
I'm pretty much retired because the state pays for me to stay at a place. Problem is the money goes to a wack place first before I see what's just called an allowence. I need to move to a better place.

Other people being broke or poor effect me because I have no place to lay low at. If people were paid good I'd have plenty of places to lay low at maybe.
 10-29-2012, 11:07 AMonline - #6
CTre 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$25,792 | POWERFUL
i'm doing decent and after a while of being totally focused on myself.. it seems like I'm headed into a relationship... maybe.. little luck in the relationship department..
Anywho, Progress is key and I don't want to be stuck in the middle..I'm on the way to either hell or heaven.

Last edited by CTre; 10-29-2012 at 11:14 AM..
 10-29-2012, 12:26 PMaway - #7
Machiavelli 394 heat pts394

d 
space
$14,330 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MemphBleek05
I'm 25, living with moms. I have a girl and she has a 1 year old, but since I'm the only man, outside of his family, the little guy has ever known, I've a$sumed the father role. I work as a Developer for a company, it's basically an entry level position. For the work I put in, I should be getting so much more, but since I simply needed something for my resume, I don't mind "paying dues". Anyone who knows me knows I want more, and I have pretty high aspirations. Although I shouldn't have to, at times I'm living check to check, between bills, helping mom out, and personal stuff, my money isn't as long as people a$sume. I sacrifice a lot of myself to help people out. Although I complain about it at times, I ultimately don't mind. If I see a person is in need, I help.

I'm one of those people with a lot of talent, but for no reason at all, sit on those talents. I'm working to change that. Although I have 2 college degrees (Associates, long story oh and f*ck Sallie Mae), I want a few Certifications. I'm cool with being a Developer/Programmer, but I feel as if I should specialize in Database Administration. As of now, the plan is to grab a SQL/T-SQL certification within the first 4 months of the new year. Maybe Oracle at some point, later the same year, depends on how I feel. I've developed a real love for photography, and after a 4 month long stint as a club photographer, I plan on freelancing a bit. My partner and I are talking about getting into real estate eventually. My girl is close to graduating. She's in school to be a Medical Laboratory Technician, I'm pushing her to re-enroll in the new year and finish that up. Eventually, I see myself either working contract jobs or owning my own business. Honestly, although I like my job and the nature of my career, I don't care for waking up and pulling up to someone else's company........
I agree w everything that's in bold. That's pretty much how I'm feeling and going through. Gotta have a lot of patience.
 10-29-2012, 08:11 PMaway - #8
GarfieldBond007 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$500 | POWERFUL
I'm pursuing my degree in Management/Computer Information Systems and making decent money as a sales a$sociate in retail, but I'm looking for a higher paying job since I live on my own now.
 10-29-2012, 09:03 PMonline - #9
pnoi89 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,408 | POWERFUL
I'm 22 and just got into the work force about 6 months ago right after finishing my undergraduate studies. I'm working as a mechanical engineering for a consulting firm. Been living on my own since I left for college, and so far, everything's been going great. No debt and no bills other than the typical insurance, rent, utilities, phone, etc.

Living the good life right now...
 10-29-2012, 09:10 PMaway - #10
- JaEdEe24 - 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$2,375 | POWERFUL
Abundance Dawg, come follow me ha
 10-30-2012, 02:38 AMaway - #11
ReMiXed 

d 
space
$227 | 363809
Originally Posted by MemphBleek05

This post really stood out to me, can relate to it alot, except I'm 23, and the 1 year old kid is my own. (probably the main reason why i started getting my #### in order sooner rather then later)

Same career path aswell. Been in this job for 9 months, "paying my dues" and all, but feel as if I should be making more for the work I'm putting in. Can't really act on it, considering its my first real job so I guess I'll have to wait it out, for how long man I don't know.

At the moment I also need to find a "specialty" in the realm of web development/programming. In the process of completing my degree in Information Systems. Which i'm paying instead of letting the debt build up. Debt I still have none of that but the expenses are at a high.

For my age I've felt like i've accomplished alot, but yet constantly I still/always feel dissapointed that I haven't accomplished enough. If i didn't have as much responsibilities (kid, school, etc) I'd probably be at a decent place in life, which is probably the main reason why I'm out for more paper.

I feel like I know a whole bunch of #### that i'm not using properly, or not executing the knowledge for the best possible results/profit (whether monetary or intellectually/etc)

10-30-2012, 08:37 AMaway - #12
Prostyle 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,801 | 6172868
Nice thread. I noticed most dudes have anchor kids, and baby mommas, young, like in their early 20s, and lack of education holding them back, and as a 20 year old I now know what to avoid in life.

Tough it through college, and avoid having kids.
 10-30-2012, 12:00 PMaway - #13
504Monster 

d 
space
$735 | 3344881
I've always been told that having kids early is the easiest way to end up running the rat race for the rest of your life.

But to respond to the OP, I'm living a decent life but I would hve to say that it didn't turn out the way I thought it would. I'm 28 yrs old and I thought that by now I'd be making 100k per year and live in a big house with a corvette parked outside. Instead, I'm at a job that I hate with all my soul, me and my wife live in a modest house, and I drive an old beat-up honda accord.

I'm happy with where I am but I still want to do better. I'm quitting my job in a few months and going back to school to finish my MBA (one semester left). After I finish, my wife is going to leave her job so she can go back to school and finish hers. Things are going to be really tight for a couple years while she's finishing but that's the sacrifice we're willing to make.
 10-30-2012, 12:05 PMaway - #14
504Monster 

d 
space
$735 | 3344881
Originally Posted by KAPITAL85
HOW ARE YOU DOING IN YOUR LIFE NOW ARE YOU SATISFIED OR DISAPOINTED? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE OR YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO CHANGE AND IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN. LIKE FOR INSTANCE IM TURNING 27 WORK IN A WAREHOUSE FOR 12 HR HAVE A 1 YR OLD AND A WIFE. LIVE IN A ONE BEDROOM APT AND WERE ALWAYS BROKE. I HAVE NO GED NO DIPLOMA AND IM TRYING TO GET IT BUT WITH A BABY AND GIRL THAT DOESN'T DRIVE ITS HARD. IM TIRED OF WAKING UP AND COMING TO WORK AND DOING THE SAME #### FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS. THIS JOB IN THE WAREHOUSE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A NOBODY. ALWAYS DIRTY WHEN I GET HOME FULL OF DUST ALL FOR 12 HR. LOL NOW DONT COME AT ME AND SAY AT LEAST "YOU HAVE A JOB" TIRED OF HEARING THAT. I WANT TO COME TO WORK IN LONG SLEEVE PANTS NICE ATTIRE. NOT LIKE A BUM FROM THE STREET "NO OFFENSE".

SO MY ? IS HOW ARE YOU DONG IN LIFE AND WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO AND BETTER YOURSELF AND FAMILY.
What's up with that? I could see this being a serious issue if you're trying to get your life together.
 10-30-2012, 12:56 PMaway - #15
stizz44 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$558 | 8665504
Ya'll are madd lucky to have your wife, your kids, your family yall have substance with. Nothing can replace the years of moments yall have together. With that said, im at 30, gross about 80k, masters degree, drive a luxury car, own a house and rent an apt, bascailly living that lifestyle.

But I cant get a woman to stick around for the life of me. Women get caught in my lifestyle and the second something goes sour they split town! Ive given up ALOT of good women to get where I'm at and I wish there was a way I could have both.

Hopefully my life will be heading towards a wife and kids. But my #1 prospect right now is a 22 year old.
8 years is a huge difference in age, so i dont know. If this family thing does pan out, hopefully I'll across into the 6 figures salary range by the end of 2013.
 10-30-2012, 12:56 PMaway - #16
Spoken210 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,670 | 6674791
Good thread, I'd like to read more stories
 10-30-2012, 02:38 PMaway - #17
Cheesypoof 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,284 | 4256307
Originally Posted by pnoi89
I'm 22 and just got into the work force about 6 months ago right after finishing my undergraduate studies. I'm working as a mechanical engineering for a consulting firm. Been living on my own since I left for college, and so far, everything's been going great. No debt and no bills other than the typical insurance, rent, utilities, phone, etc.

Living the good life right now...
Not with that grammar you're not.
 10-30-2012, 05:38 PMaway - #18
GarfieldBond007 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$500 | POWERFUL
Lack of work experience has held me back (settled as a cashier for 5 years) and taking 2 years off from school didn't help either. This year I have recently worked as a visual merchandiser and currently work on the sales floor now so I'm hoping the experience will help more while I continue job searching. Plus I'm 24 single with no kids so I can just focus on bills and saving a little each month.
 10-30-2012, 09:00 PMaway - #19
BAYSICKCLOTHING 

d 
space
$661 | 1904698
I'm 29, married with 2 kids. Had the same job for almost 8 years but it doesnt suit my talents or education. I make a decent amount of money but have made bad decisions in the past. Bad credit, no credit cards, owe a lot of money to a lot of people, and 2 car notes. I live paycheck to paycheck and usually my bank account has nothing or is overdrawn. Side hustles is how I make it to the next paycheck. Would love to start saving to buy a house but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
 10-30-2012, 09:37 PMaway - #20
Tonero 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,851 | 6333619
25 and Im not where i should be but im close. I finally finish my degree in december. Ive been on the drawing table for soo long stacking designs for my clothing line, learning to build websites and ####.

Once i grad i can finally put my plans to effect. I have manufacturers i have a promotion platform and i will have the products finally cause i can affford to place orders. check us out

currently working with my girl to drop her clothing we are on the brink just need to raise cash. Once i get a job the cash will be there!!

I expect to get paid cause over time because ive gotten really good at what i do in term of school(CIS) i am willing to work with any one to get cake as long as they can pull their weight. its a #### when u have to tell someone what to do. In starts up its very essential that every one has an expertise and uses it

Last edited by Tonero; 12-19-2012 at 02:33 PM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Killer Mike just EMBARRASSED Nelly's attempt to speak ..
94 comments
Image inside  G-Unit got Fab tucking his chain
64 comments
Chief Keef And Lil Durk Reunite (GBE x OTF)
120 comments
  Our Almighty Godfather 50 Responds To Floyd Mayweather...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 74 comments - by chrismb
 Video inside F**k This Ice Bucket Challenge Trend. I Challenge You ...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 61 comments - by BasedWavyBaby
 NBA Espn Ranks Top 10 Shooting Guards
New reply 3 minutes ago - 132 comments - by Bullet22
 Video inside Aug 20 - Park Ranger Brutally Beaten By Teen...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 87 comments - by PhillyC123
  Aug 20 - Darren Wilson Brutally Beaten... (according T...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 221 comments - by PhillyC123
 Image(s) inside Fredo Santana X Farrakhan
New reply 16 minutes ago - 74 comments - by BasedWavyBaby
 Video inside Aug 20 - St. Louis Police Release Video Of Powell Shoo...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 86 comments - by Young Buck
 Video inside Nicki Minaj - Anaconda [music Video]
New reply 21 minutes ago - 315 comments - by Danny M

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.