This is BX @ Boxden.com

Starting to get depressed...

Starting to get depressed...
topic by eNcrypTioN - 06-23-2011, 04:19 PM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Did everything right, went to college and got a Bachelors Degree. I did an internship while I was in school as well as volunteered and did community service. Basically I've done everything I can to be successful. I've been out of school for a few months now and I can't find a job. I'm constantly on Careerbuilder, Monster, indeed, allhealthcarejobs, snagajob, craigslist, linkedin, and every other ####ing job site known to man. I spend all day looking and applying for jobs and hardly ever get any job interviews.

Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any suggestions?

This #### is really depressing...

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

56 comments for "Starting to get depressed..."

06-23-2011, 04:31 PMaway - #2
hockeythug 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$17,367 | POWERFUL
That did you get your degree in?
 06-23-2011, 04:35 PMaway - #3
eNcrypTioN 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
B.S. in Health Services Administration
 06-23-2011, 04:49 PMaway - #4
mtva24 117 heat pts117

d 
space
$5,240 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by eNcrypTioN
Did everything right, went to college and got a Bachelors Degree. I did an internship while I was in school as well as volunteered and did community service. Basically I've done everything I can to be successful. I've been out of school for a few months now and I can't find a job. I'm constantly on Careerbuilder, Monster, indeed, allhealthcarejobs, snagajob, craigslist, linkedin, and every other ####ing job site known to man. I spend all day looking and applying for jobs and hardly ever get any job interviews.

Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any suggestions?

This #### is really depressing...

Go to your schools career services center wrecking ####, it's their job to find you a job.
 06-23-2011, 05:23 PMaway - #5
Spoken210 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,670 | 6674791
man look for a start up company in your field. One that is still growing and is open to a different range of employees.

That could be an easier job to get than getting a job from some fkn Human Resources fkn manager or some shyt
 06-23-2011, 05:43 PMaway - #6
Three 

d 
space
$2,528 | 7495499
Have you been following up? \_(ツ)_/

06-23-2011, 06:01 PMaway - #7
hockeythug 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$17,367 | POWERFUL
B.S. in Health Services Administration
That's your problem I'm sorry to say
 06-23-2011, 06:25 PMaway - #8
young_al 

d 
space
$1,130 | 3349643
resume value = bull#### in selling, marketing, product, services and management of Health Service Administration. Now my advice take some HTML courses and entrepreneurship courses and start yourself up some online or physical health care insurance, elderly care, hospital service, or food company.

One thing I learned is you gotta think what can you do for people on global scale to make them come back to you for your help or services. Just some ideas for you to play because I feel your pain because I did the same #### too and now I am 24 waiting to graduate with a nice career in bull####.
 06-23-2011, 07:37 PMaway - #9
eNcrypTioN 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Blood Edge
what made you choose that major? what school did you go to? did you network with people that work in that field?

at first glance it seems like a bs major....business administration is another bull#### degree too
Choose the major because I wanted to be involved with the business side of hospitals. I went to University of Central Florida and I did network but the problem is all the people I networked with are in Orlando where the school is and I now live in Ft. Lauderdale. I hated Orlando so I never wanted to work anywhere near school

Originally Posted by hockeythug
That's your problem I'm sorry to say
I don't see it as a problem except that I can't find a job or even get someone to give me the time of day. The health care system is one of the largest job markets in this country and health/business coincides with my interests so it seemed like a perfect fit.

Anyone have any other suggestions or job sites I should be looking at?

I'm getting ready to start physically going to the HR departments at the local hospitals to see if that drums up some interviews.
 06-23-2011, 08:12 PMonline - #10
o7media 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$11,606 | POWERFUL
Anyone have any other suggestions or job sites I should be looking at?
 06-23-2011, 08:28 PMaway - #11
Icee 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$4,270 | 19410353
You just need to get that one opportunity because within the health care field you will always have a job, but the hardest part is actually landing one. I worked in a home depot warehouse for twelve months while searching for a pharmacy technician gig. I
 06-23-2011, 09:05 PMaway - #12
eNcrypTioN 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by o7media
Thanks for the site, I'll add that to my list of sites to check daily.

Originally Posted by ra1n
maybe you're just not cut out for life
How about offering advice instead of making stupid comments

Originally Posted by Icee
You just need to get that one opportunity because within the health care field you will always have a job, but the hardest part is actually landing one. I worked in a home depot warehouse for twelve months while searching for a pharmacy technician gig. I
Yea, I have the same line of thinking. I have a feeling that my resume is not even being looked at by people but instead a computer is just sorting through them. Just started applying to non-career specific jobs this week because I can't go much longer without making money. I have college loans that I'm unable to defer any longer.
 06-23-2011, 09:07 PMaway - #13
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,712 | POWERFUL
eNcrypTioN - LISTEN...

1) You need to get the #### out... and what I mean by that is go meet people... people a lot of times just submit apps online and call it a day... NO, how do you think a lot of people in high position or at good job got their jobs, not by some ####ing lucky a$s craigslist or careerbuilder... they meet people and got in those places... SO, by this I mean go start volunteering in the current area, hang around some places that are in your field, and last worst case be willing to put in some free time to meet people... one of my friends offered to help out this accountant firm, even though he really did not need to cause their are a lot of accounting jobs out there... but it paid off not only did they hire him they gave him a competitive salary to start... when it comes to this #### it is all about how bad you want it, not like in the old days were you can just walk into a place and get a job...

2) Try applying to jobs, in near by area, or even out of state... I bet if you try applying for jobs in Texas, you would get a job in the matter of probably a few weeks max... You need to be able to relocate and start somewhere new... by limiting yourself to a specific area is limiting your opportunity...

3) Redo your resume, I know this might not be your full problem, but often times people have old outdated resume that are an instant turn off... get with your career service center or a professional resume writer to critique and make your resume as efficient straight to the point as possible. Also, alter it for your specific area for example technical computer resumes should never look like a regular business area job resume...

4) This is last resort possible, be willing to explore other options, such as going back to school for your masters in the meantime while the economy recovers... or lastly switching position, find another interest and persuing it.
 06-23-2011, 10:08 PMaway - #14
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,365 | 15715205
No excuses man.

I have been convicted as a felon recently (march, 2011). I was working as a temp at this government consulting company. I told my CEO and COO straight up what I did and they still hired me full time immediately. I'm a hard worker and I'm hungry. Cops took all my savings (around 50k) in one night that took me years to stack. I got hella depressed for a year.

I'm on probation now but still grinding 9-5, starting over on stacking my bread.
I feel you though.. I was lost in life after I got arrested and was depressed for about half a year. Why? I was worried about getting a job! ruining my double major degrees I worked hard for. You may have seen some of my threads on boxden. I mean, the system is designed to discriminate felons.. but #### that. Ain't nothing gonna stop me.

And it don't matter what your degree is.. one of my managers now who I'm very good friends with got a degree in Pre med.. which has nothing to do with mortgages/contracting we doing now. he making 6 figures. owned his own mortgage company and was VP at a mortgage company makin 250k a year.

I hope this helps. I feel you man I been where you at. Depression is no joke. Only way to get out of that is to make money homie.

Remember..

It's all about

1) who you know
2) experience
THEN
3) education

JUST REMEMBER..

The opportunity will come.. just make sure you take advantage. All this pain you going through now is good cause it makes it all worth it when you finally make it, ya dig?

PLEASE message me if you got any more questions or positive words.

Keep ya head up playa.

Last edited by I_REP_VA; 06-23-2011 at 10:15 PM..
 06-23-2011, 10:13 PMaway - #15
Sammyboi22 

d 
space
$13,049 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gunna23
dam i feel u my ni##a....sorry to tell u dis but there is no hope 4 u ma ni##a...da economy is at an all time low and we are going to get MUCH worse...ders alot of mu####as like u tho dat cant get a job....at this point in 2011, just stay strong and try to find a job regardless if it relates to ur degree or not...dis is a perfect example how life ####s people over...dey make u spend all ur money and study ur a$s off in college and den u struggle to even get a fukin job
Deff will never take career advice from you. You spell like a 13 year old girl texting.

Ts just get a part time job somewhere. That's what I'm gonna do. I had a salaried job conducting sales. I quit and moved back home and am going to snag a job doin something chill for a while. The economy won't be what it was but it will grt better. Go back and take an accelerated nursing program to become a RN. They make good $$ starting and then you can try to transfer in the hospital
 06-23-2011, 11:23 PMaway - #16
dg177bx 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$7,603 | POWERFUL
ive beeen going through the same #### for a year and change my ni##a. this is just a sign to find yourself until that time comes. keep applying, understand that its not your fault, the ecnomy is bull#### and mental .ur time will come just like mine will dont let that #### get to ur head because it will mean that when u do get the money, it will be the one thing that controls your emotions, and you dont want that because once you dont get it its gonna depress u. its just a material. the time will come soon keep ur head up ni##a
 06-24-2011, 12:12 AMaway - #17
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,712 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dg177bx
ive beeen going through the same #### for a year and change my ni##a. this is just a sign to find yourself until that time comes. keep applying, understand that its not your fault, the ecnomy is bull#### and mental .ur time will come just like mine will dont let that #### get to ur head because it will mean that when u do get the money, it will be the one thing that controls your emotions, and you dont want that because once you dont get it its gonna depress u. its just a material. the time will come soon keep ur head up ni##a
NO HATE, but I think any ni##a who blames the economy is BAD is lazy... YES, but ni##a is still getting paid like I said you just gotta want it more... versus when the economy was pretty decent... like I said ni##a need to stop sitting at the house and apply for jobs thinking #### will just fall in place... you gotta be proactive... really strive for the job you want... I have a few friends that are prime examples of just that... you gotta be creative on how you get your job... it might take redoing your resume, meeting different people at companies, volunteering, working for free for a little, but it will all pay off....
 06-24-2011, 12:51 AMaway - #18
Sammyboi22 

d 
space
$13,049 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
NO HATE, but I think any ni##a who blames the economy is BAD is lazy... YES, but ni##a is still getting paid like I said you just gotta want it more... versus when the economy was pretty decent... like I said ni##a need to stop sitting at the house and apply for jobs thinking #### will just fall in place... you gotta be proactive... really strive for the job you want... I have a few friends that are prime examples of just that... you gotta be creative on how you get your job... it might take redoing your resume, meeting different people at companies, volunteering, working for free for a little, but it will all pay off....
I feel you on that BUT....there are some jobs where you cant just meet people and get in. How do you meet the president of the hospital? These dudes play golf at country clubs that are members only. Also keep in mind that lots of major corporations now you apply online and thats the only way. You cant call anyone to check on #### except HR thats located out in DC or some ####. If you want to get a job selling cell phones for a mom and pop store then you can for sure slide in there and get in good with them. But if your trying to get a job as something where there is a corporate structure unless you know someone in the top 10% your sorta ####ed.
 06-24-2011, 02:46 AMaway - #19
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,712 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sammyboi22
I feel you on that BUT....there are some jobs where you cant just meet people and get in. How do you meet the president of the hospital? These dudes play golf at country clubs that are members only. Also keep in mind that lots of major corporations now you apply online and thats the only way. You cant call anyone to check on #### except HR thats located out in DC or some ####. If you want to get a job selling cell phones for a mom and pop store then you can for sure slide in there and get in good with them. But if your trying to get a job as something where there is a corporate structure unless you know someone in the top 10% your sorta ####ed.
You don't meet the president, there are way way more employees you can meet, even just one employee lower level could refer you to a hire manager or whatever. I have seen people put other people down as they refered them, and get the job.. but no joke, my friend wanted a job at lockheed martin, so he made friends with a few people from there... they talked to their boss, HR people, and he got a job there... even if u offer to work do some ends and outs and help a hospital for free, meet some of the people there, impress them and then they will hire you... with all these different social networking tools and such its almost possible to meet anyone... like I said no need to meet top execs... save that for when u get that foot in the door..
 06-24-2011, 05:08 AMaway - #20
Gateway972 42 heat pts42

d 
space
$2,502 | POWERFUL
It took me 7 months to find work.... Just keep on grinding and try to find any certifications that you can get to set yourself apart from the pack.

I got my EIT and two weeks later i get 4 phone calls for interviews

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Aug 20 - Park Ranger brutally beaten by teen...
54 comments
Aug 20 - Darren Wilson Brutally beaten... (according to Fox News)
126 comments
Video inside  Aug 20 - St. Louis Police Release Video of Powell Shoo..
57 comments
 Image(s) inside Nelly Embarrasses Himself & Crowd Gets At Him
New reply 31 seconds ago - 145 comments - by Shiva Hysteria
 Image(s) inside Aug 19 - Breaking: Another Suspect Dead In St. Louis O...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 64 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA :kyrieohlawrd: This Gon Be On Goat Smiley Sh-t
New reply 40 seconds ago - 57 comments - by SHADOW
 Image(s) inside Nick Cannon + Mariah Carey Have Reportedly Split
New reply 5 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Carlton Black
 NBA James Harden: I'm The Best Basketball Player Alive
New reply 3 minutes ago - 80 comments - by clydes suit
 Image(s) inside There Are Two Kinds Of People In This World
New reply 6 minutes ago - 53 comments - by blafy
 NBA Russell Northbrook Out With His Lady..dime (pic)
New reply 3 minutes ago - 68 comments - by sportzzbrainz
 NBA Report: Drose Has Pain In His Knee....fml!
New reply 12 minutes ago - 169 comments - by sportzzbrainz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.