Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Starting to get depressed...

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
115 viewing
 Video inside What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?
93 comments
most viewed right now
110 viewing
 Video inside SMACK/URL Rookies vs Vets [DISCUSSION THREAD/UPDATES]
466 comments

top in section
40 viewing
Image inside Did Nick Cannon Screw Up
top in eyecandy
top in section
59 viewing
 Image inside There*
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Starting to get depressed...
Unread 06-23-2011, 04:19 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #1
4372 pageviews
56 comments


eNcrypTioN 44 heat pts44 space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
Did everything right, went to college and got a Bachelors Degree. I did an internship while I was in school as well as volunteered and did community service. Basically I've done everything I can to be successful. I've been out of school for a few months now and I can't find a job. I'm constantly on Careerbuilder, Monster, indeed, allhealthcarejobs, snagajob, craigslist, linkedin, and every other fu*king job site known to man. I spend all day looking and applying for jobs and hardly ever get any job interviews.

Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any suggestions?

This sh*t is really depressing...

image
Reply With Quote

56 comments for "Starting to get depressed..."

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 06-23-2011, 04:31 PMJoined Dec 2004 - away - #2
hockeythug 59 heat pts59 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$18,029 | POWERFUL
That did you get your degree in?
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 04:35 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #3
eNcrypTioN 44 heat pts44 space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
B.S. in Health Services Administration
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 04:49 PMJoined Aug 2009 - on now - #4
mtva24 147 heat pts147 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,375 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by eNcrypTioN
Did everything right, went to college and got a Bachelors Degree. I did an internship while I was in school as well as volunteered and did community service. Basically I've done everything I can to be successful. I've been out of school for a few months now and I can't find a job. I'm constantly on Careerbuilder, Monster, indeed, allhealthcarejobs, snagajob, craigslist, linkedin, and every other fu*king job site known to man. I spend all day looking and applying for jobs and hardly ever get any job interviews.

Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any suggestions?

This sh*t is really depressing...

Go to your schools career services center wrecking sh*t, it's their job to find you a job.
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 05:23 PMJoined Sep 2007 - away - #5
Spoken210 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Spoken
space
$2,671 | 6674791
man look for a start up company in your field. One that is still growing and is open to a different range of employees.

That could be an easier job to get than getting a job from some fkn Human Resources fkn manager or some shyt
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 05:43 PMJoined Sep 2007 - away - #6
Three  space
avatar space
----------
space
$2,638 | 8336197
Have you been following up? \_(ツ)_/






Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 06:01 PMJoined Dec 2004 - away - #7
hockeythug 59 heat pts59 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$18,029 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by eNcrypTioN
B.S. in Health Services Administration
That's your problem I'm sorry to say
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 06:25 PMJoined Jul 2004 - away - #8
young_al  space
avatar space
Blood and Crip + Corleone
space
$1,245 | 3900243
resume value = bullsh*t in selling, marketing, product, services and management of Health Service Administration. Now my advice take some HTML courses and entrepreneurship courses and start yourself up some online or physical health care insurance, elderly care, hospital service, or food company.

One thing I learned is you gotta think what can you do for people on global scale to make them come back to you for your help or services. Just some ideas for you to play because I feel your pain because I did the same sh*t too and now I am 24 waiting to graduate with a nice career in bullsh*t.
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 07:37 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #9
eNcrypTioN 44 heat pts44 space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Blood Edge
what made you choose that major? what school did you go to? did you network with people that work in that field?

at first glance it seems like a bs major....business administration is another bullsh*t degree too
Choose the major because I wanted to be involved with the business side of hospitals. I went to University of Central Florida and I did network but the problem is all the people I networked with are in Orlando where the school is and I now live in Ft. Lauderdale. I hated Orlando so I never wanted to work anywhere near school

Originally Posted by hockeythug
That's your problem I'm sorry to say
I don't see it as a problem except that I can't find a job or even get someone to give me the time of day. The health care system is one of the largest job markets in this country and health/business coincides with my interests so it seemed like a perfect fit.


Anyone have any other suggestions or job sites I should be looking at?

I'm getting ready to start physically going to the HR departments at the local hospitals to see if that drums up some interviews.
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:12 PMJoined Jan 2008 - on now - #10
o7media 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$16,360 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by eNcrypTioN
Anyone have any other suggestions or job sites I should be looking at?
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:28 PMJoined Nov 2006 - on now - #11
Icee 17 heat pts17 space
avatar space
CoolC
space
$5,735 | POWERFUL
You just need to get that one opportunity because within the health care field you will always have a job, but the hardest part is actually landing one. I worked in a home depot warehouse for twelve months while searching for a pharmacy technician gig. I
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:05 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #12
eNcrypTioN 44 heat pts44 space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$2,326 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by o7media
Thanks for the site, I'll add that to my list of sites to check daily.

Originally Posted by ra1n
maybe you're just not cut out for life
How about offering advice instead of making stupid comments

Originally Posted by Icee
You just need to get that one opportunity because within the health care field you will always have a job, but the hardest part is actually landing one. I worked in a home depot warehouse for twelve months while searching for a pharmacy technician gig. I
Yea, I have the same line of thinking. I have a feeling that my resume is not even being looked at by people but instead a computer is just sorting through them. Just started applying to non-career specific jobs this week because I can't go much longer without making money. I have college loans that I'm unable to defer any longer.
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:07 PMJoined Aug 2004 - away - #13
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,815 | POWERFUL
eNcrypTioN - LISTEN...

1) You need to get the fu*k out... and what I mean by that is go meet people... people a lot of times just submit apps online and call it a day... NO, how do you think a lot of people in high position or at good job got their jobs, not by some fu*king lucky a.ss craigslist or careerbuilder... they meet people and got in those places... SO, by this I mean go start volunteering in the current area, hang around some places that are in your field, and last worst case be willing to put in some free time to meet people... one of my friends offered to help out this accountant firm, even though he really did not need to cause their are a lot of accounting jobs out there... but it paid off not only did they hire him they gave him a competitive salary to start... when it comes to this sh*t it is all about how bad you want it, not like in the old days were you can just walk into a place and get a job...

2) Try applying to jobs, in near by area, or even out of state... I bet if you try applying for jobs in Texas, you would get a job in the matter of probably a few weeks max... You need to be able to relocate and start somewhere new... by limiting yourself to a specific area is limiting your opportunity...

3) Redo your resume, I know this might not be your full problem, but often times people have old outdated resume that are an instant turn off... get with your career service center or a professional resume writer to critique and make your resume as efficient straight to the point as possible. Also, alter it for your specific area for example technical computer resumes should never look like a regular business area job resume...

4) This is last resort possible, be willing to explore other options, such as going back to school for your masters in the meantime while the economy recovers... or lastly switching position, find another interest and persuing it.
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:08 PMJoined Jan 2005 - away - #14
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts space
avatar space
Deep Chip Stacks
space
$5,661 | 17139368
No excuses man.

I have been convicted as a felon recently (march, 2011). I was working as a temp at this government consulting company. I told my CEO and COO straight up what I did and they still hired me full time immediately. I'm a hard worker and I'm hungry. Cops took all my savings (around 50k) in one night that took me years to stack. I got hella depressed for a year.

I'm on probation now but still grinding 9-5, starting over on stacking my bread.
I feel you though.. I was lost in life after I got arrested and was depressed for about half a year. Why? I was worried about getting a job! ruining my double major degrees I worked hard for. You may have seen some of my threads on boxden. I mean, the system is designed to discriminate felons.. but fu*k that. Ain't nothing gonna stop me.


And it don't matter what your degree is.. one of my managers now who I'm very good friends with got a degree in Pre med.. which has nothing to do with mortgages/contracting we doing now. he making 6 figures. owned his own mortgage company and was VP at a mortgage company makin 250k a year.

I hope this helps. I feel you man I been where you at. Depression is no joke. Only way to get out of that is to make money homie.

Remember..

It's all about

1) who you know
2) experience
THEN
3) education


JUST REMEMBER..

The opportunity will come.. just make sure you take advantage. All this pain you going through now is good cause it makes it all worth it when you finally make it, ya dig?

PLEASE message me if you got any more questions or positive words.

Keep ya head up playa.

Last edited by I_REP_VA; 06-23-2011 at 10:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:13 PMJoined Feb 2006 - away - #15
Sammyboi22  space
avatar space
Vamped Out
space
$13,419 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gunna23
dam i feel u my n*gga....sorry to tell u dis but there is no hope 4 u ma n*gga...da economy is at an all time low and we are going to get MUCH worse...ders alot of mufu*kas like u tho dat cant get a job....at this point in 2011, just stay strong and try to find a job regardless if it relates to ur degree or not...dis is a perfect example how life fu*ks people over...dey make u spend all ur money and study ur a.ss off in college and den u struggle to even get a fukin job
Deff will never take career advice from you. You spell like a 13 year old girl texting.

Ts just get a part time job somewhere. That's what I'm gonna do. I had a salaried job conducting sales. I quit and moved back home and am going to snag a job doin something chill for a while. The economy won't be what it was but it will grt better. Go back and take an accelerated nursing program to become a RN. They make good $$ starting and then you can try to transfer in the hospital
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 11:23 PMJoined Jul 2005 - away - #16
dg177bx 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
NYNY718
space
$7,607 | POWERFUL
ive beeen going through the same sh*t for a year and change my n*gga. this is just a sign to find yourself until that time comes. keep applying, understand that its not your fault, the ecnomy is bullsh*t and mental .ur time will come just like mine will dont let that sh*t get to ur head because it will mean that when u do get the money, it will be the one thing that controls your emotions, and you dont want that because once you dont get it its gonna depress u. its just a material. the time will come soon keep ur head up n*gga
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:12 AMJoined Aug 2004 - away - #17
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,815 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dg177bx
ive beeen going through the same sh*t for a year and change my n*gga. this is just a sign to find yourself until that time comes. keep applying, understand that its not your fault, the ecnomy is bullsh*t and mental .ur time will come just like mine will dont let that sh*t get to ur head because it will mean that when u do get the money, it will be the one thing that controls your emotions, and you dont want that because once you dont get it its gonna depress u. its just a material. the time will come soon keep ur head up n*gga
NO HATE, but I think any n*gga who blames the economy is BAD is lazy... YES, but n*gga is still getting paid like I said you just gotta want it more... versus when the economy was pretty decent... like I said n*gga need to stop sitting at the house and apply for jobs thinking sh*t will just fall in place... you gotta be proactive... really strive for the job you want... I have a few friends that are prime examples of just that... you gotta be creative on how you get your job... it might take redoing your resume, meeting different people at companies, volunteering, working for free for a little, but it will all pay off....
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:51 AMJoined Feb 2006 - away - #18
Sammyboi22  space
avatar space
Vamped Out
space
$13,419 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
NO HATE, but I think any n*gga who blames the economy is BAD is lazy... YES, but n*gga is still getting paid like I said you just gotta want it more... versus when the economy was pretty decent... like I said n*gga need to stop sitting at the house and apply for jobs thinking sh*t will just fall in place... you gotta be proactive... really strive for the job you want... I have a few friends that are prime examples of just that... you gotta be creative on how you get your job... it might take redoing your resume, meeting different people at companies, volunteering, working for free for a little, but it will all pay off....
I feel you on that BUT....there are some jobs where you cant just meet people and get in. How do you meet the president of the hospital? These dudes play golf at country clubs that are members only. Also keep in mind that lots of major corporations now you apply online and thats the only way. You cant call anyone to check on sh*t except HR thats located out in DC or some sh*t. If you want to get a job selling cell phones for a mom and pop store then you can for sure slide in there and get in good with them. But if your trying to get a job as something where there is a corporate structure unless you know someone in the top 10% your sorta fu*ked.
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 02:46 AMJoined Aug 2004 - away - #19
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,815 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sammyboi22
I feel you on that BUT....there are some jobs where you cant just meet people and get in. How do you meet the president of the hospital? These dudes play golf at country clubs that are members only. Also keep in mind that lots of major corporations now you apply online and thats the only way. You cant call anyone to check on sh*t except HR thats located out in DC or some sh*t. If you want to get a job selling cell phones for a mom and pop store then you can for sure slide in there and get in good with them. But if your trying to get a job as something where there is a corporate structure unless you know someone in the top 10% your sorta fu*ked.
You don't meet the president, there are way way more employees you can meet, even just one employee lower level could refer you to a hire manager or whatever. I have seen people put other people down as they refered them, and get the job.. but no joke, my friend wanted a job at lockheed martin, so he made friends with a few people from there... they talked to their boss, HR people, and he got a job there... even if u offer to work do some ends and outs and help a hospital for free, meet some of the people there, impress them and then they will hire you... with all these different social networking tools and such its almost possible to meet anyone... like I said no need to meet top execs... save that for when u get that foot in the door..
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 05:08 AMJoined Nov 2005 - on now - #20
Gateway972 44 heat pts44 space
avatar space
Hugh G. Rection
space
$2,588 | POWERFUL
It took me 7 months to find work.... Just keep on grinding and try to find any certifications that you can get to set yourself apart from the pack.

I got my EIT and two weeks later i get 4 phone calls for interviews
Reply With Quote
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
40 viewing
Article inside Slim Thug Ruins Credit by Having Sex With His Rea..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Video inside Mar 27 - USPS driver throws packages on porch, runs..
45 comments
@news
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside Who's This 200 lbs PAWG?  
117 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Video inside Employed Thot: Keep Your Sons Away From Her "I Don'..
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Image inside short N thick!!!  
51 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Image inside Those new Master Race GTA 5 Pics Though...
78 comments
@games
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside The REAL Amber Rose  
130 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Article inside 33 Strange Facts About America That Most American..
49 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Image inside R.I.P OTF Chino  
225 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time