Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Question about Marketing?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
251 viewing
 Image inside Mto: Twitter fingers turn back into trigger fingers
54 comments
most viewed right now
205 viewing
 Image inside Godfather 50 fires shots at Ja Rule for what he said on Power 105
84 comments

top in section
55 viewing
 Video inside Rihanna that ass tho
top in eyecandy
top in section
76 viewing
 Video inside What if yo girl did this?
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Question about Marketing?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #1
646 pageviews
8 comments

Demboyz746  space
.H.2.K.
space
$1,432 | 3813730
Bx Fam,
What`s good? so recently I have been helping out a friend with her app business by spreading the word as much as i can. The question i have is, what is a good marketing site,company or avenue she should take to get her app out there to more people? Any advice pertaining to the topic will receive props.
Appreciate it.

8 comments for "Question about Marketing?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #2
Al Goody 48 heat pts48 space
Follow the drip
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
Probably depends on the use of the app itself.

Info on the app?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #3
FSU_CANE561  space
The Greatest of All Gr8s!
space
$382 | 2028207
^^^^^ yea kinda hard to say without knowing what the app is/does
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #4
hockeythug 63 heat pts63 space
space
$18,350 | POWERFUL
can email a tech blog/site and see if they will look at it. Maybe write about it.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #5
tdnupe3 5 heat pts space
space
$2,840 | POWERFUL
Demboyz746 said:
Bx Fam,
What`s good? so recently I have been helping out a friend with her app business by spreading the word as much as i can. The question i have is, what is a good marketing site,company or avenue she should take to get her app out there to more people? Any advice pertaining to the topic will receive props.
Appreciate it.
I typically charge for my advice, but for one of my BX fam..................................

She needs to begin emailing tech magazines about her, her company, her apps, her business model, her pricing, the benefit she is bringing with not only each particular app, but the benefit her company is bringing to the mobile world.

She also needs to be part of some techie message boards.

Depending on the specifics of the app (what it does), she also needs to email and contact journalists in THAT field. Sending out bios to these journalists would be beneficial as well. She should try to get the local paper to do a piece on her. Free web mags will do a piece on her and her company.

She also needs to begin tweeting celebs mentioning her app. Not in a spammy way, but in more of a conersastional way. Once again, this will depend on the specifics of each app. You wouldn't tweet something about diversifying your portfolio to the guys from insane clown posse (because their followers will likely have no interest in such).

Just off the top of my head, those are some free ways of generating buzz about her app.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
Demboyz746  space
.H.2.K.
space
$1,432 | 3813730
It`s two apps, both have been getting a semi-buzz.. But she is trying to get it bigger.. The first app is called Partytell and the second one is Twtbooth.. I figured, the boxden fam might know something different. Appreciate everything

Partytell

Twtbooth
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #7
THERETURNOFK2Z 2 heat pts space
jus...stop it
space
$1,817 | 11675853
Demboyz746 said:
It`s two apps, both have been getting a semi-buzz.. But she is trying to get it bigger.. The first app is called Partytell and the second one is Twtbooth.. I figured, the boxden fam might know something different. Appreciate everything

Partytell

Twtbooth
she needs to climb to the summit of each city and scream the names of her apps and where potential users can find them( app store) google play etc)

This is what we in my marketing circles call "Word of mouth"
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #8
Demboyz746  space
.H.2.K.
space
$1,432 | 3813730
the return, what would be the way to get there? cause i know, to get to the top of the app store you got to have a lot of downloads..
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #9
ice wolf 416 heat pts416 space
space
$7,127 | POWERFUL
Are her apps targeted towards consumers or businesses as well? I'd highly suggest purchasing a marketing lead list from a company like The Lead Boutique - theleadboutique.com

Several of my colleagues have purchased lead lists from them and they've generated strong returns with each marketing campaign.

Once you have your lead list you can do some telemarketing, email marketing, direct mail or voice broadcasting to the list of prospects. Usually about 1% of the list replies back.

You can segment your list by industry type, geography, number of employees, number of years in business, annual revenue, etc. You can even buy names of C-Level or VP Level business owners.

If you want to target consumers you can segment the list by geography, age, marital status, home ownership, and education level.

The Lead Boutique is certainly a lead service worth looking into.

Home > all sections > The Money Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
36 viewing
Video inside 10 brutal facts about Genghis Khan
115 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
31 viewing
Image inside Paper towel bandana. A moment in history.
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Image inside Meek career could be over in a matter of hours.
335 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Video inside Did Mars Rover Snap Photo Of A Large Spider On Mars?
109 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Xbox Gamescom Briefing | Discussion Thread
243 comments
@games
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside Drake runs Philly, just left yesterday says Ar Ab OBH crew
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
15 viewing
They saying Drake brought out AR-AB, Cassidy, Will Smith wearing rip meek mi..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Strip Club Brawl: Meek Mill smacks Floyd Mayweather in head with glass bottle ..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Aug 3 - Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith’s $240 Million Divorce
90 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time