b o x d e n     |     hiphop     sports     wild'ish     games     movies     news     eyecandy     tech     gear     rides  
trending now     hot topics today     all sections     videos     pics     tracks     headlines  

Question about Marketing?

Question about Marketing?
topic by Demboyz746 - 04-18-2013, 08:46 AM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Bx Fam,
What`s good? so recently I have been helping out a friend with her app business by spreading the word as much as i can. The question i have is, what is a good marketing site,company or avenue she should take to get her app out there to more people? Any advice pertaining to the topic will receive props.
Appreciate it.

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

8 comments for "Question about Marketing?"

04-18-2013, 12:02 PMaway - #2
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
Probably depends on the use of the app itself.

Info on the app?
 04-18-2013, 03:48 PMaway - #3
FSU_CANE561 

d 
space
$350 | 1923180
^^^^^ yea kinda hard to say without knowing what the app is/does
 04-18-2013, 05:38 PMaway - #4
hockeythug 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$17,673 | POWERFUL
can email a tech blog/site and see if they will look at it. Maybe write about it.
 04-18-2013, 06:44 PMaway - #5
tdnupe3 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,584 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Demboyz746
Bx Fam,
What`s good? so recently I have been helping out a friend with her app business by spreading the word as much as i can. The question i have is, what is a good marketing site,company or avenue she should take to get her app out there to more people? Any advice pertaining to the topic will receive props.
Appreciate it.
I typically charge for my advice, but for one of my BX fam..................................

She needs to begin emailing tech magazines about her, her company, her apps, her business model, her pricing, the benefit she is bringing with not only each particular app, but the benefit her company is bringing to the mobile world.

She also needs to be part of some techie message boards.

Depending on the specifics of the app (what it does), she also needs to email and contact journalists in THAT field. Sending out bios to these journalists would be beneficial as well. She should try to get the local paper to do a piece on her. Free web mags will do a piece on her and her company.

She also needs to begin tweeting celebs mentioning her app. Not in a spammy way, but in more of a conersastional way. Once again, this will depend on the specifics of each app. You wouldn't tweet something about diversifying your portfolio to the guys from insane clown posse (because their followers will likely have no interest in such).

Just off the top of my head, those are some free ways of generating buzz about her app.
 04-19-2013, 02:35 PMaway - #6
Demboyz746 

d 
space
$1,413 | 3813729
It`s two apps, both have been getting a semi-buzz.. But she is trying to get it bigger.. The first app is called Partytell and the second one is Twtbooth.. I figured, the boxden fam might know something different. Appreciate everything

Partytell

Twtbooth
 04-19-2013, 05:06 PMaway - #7
THERETURNOFK2Z 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,370 | 8691210
Originally Posted by Demboyz746
It`s two apps, both have been getting a semi-buzz.. But she is trying to get it bigger.. The first app is called Partytell and the second one is Twtbooth.. I figured, the boxden fam might know something different. Appreciate everything

Partytell

Twtbooth
she needs to climb to the summit of each city and scream the names of her apps and where potential users can find them( app store) google play etc)

This is what we in my marketing circles call "Word of mouth"
 04-19-2013, 07:32 PMaway - #8
Demboyz746 

d 
space
$1,413 | 3813729
the return, what would be the way to get there? cause i know, to get to the top of the app store you got to have a lot of downloads..
 05-25-2013, 12:34 AMaway - #9
ice wolf 358 heat pts358

d 
space
$6,043 | POWERFUL
Are her apps targeted towards consumers or businesses as well? I'd highly suggest purchasing a marketing lead list from a company like The Lead Boutique - theleadboutique.com

Several of my colleagues have purchased lead lists from them and they've generated strong returns with each marketing campaign.

Once you have your lead list you can do some telemarketing, email marketing, direct mail or voice broadcasting to the list of prospects. Usually about 1% of the list replies back.

You can segment your list by industry type, geography, number of employees, number of years in business, annual revenue, etc. You can even buy names of C-Level or VP Level business owners.

If you want to target consumers you can segment the list by geography, age, marital status, home ownership, and education level.

The Lead Boutique is certainly a lead service worth looking into.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Smash Or Pass?: Lauren
51 comments
Image inside  Xbox store digital sales this weekend
52 comments
BOX FLOYD ADMITs IT " IM A RICH COWARD "
51 comments
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 15 minutes ago - 207 comments - by Ari Gold
  How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (might Be The Worst Performanc...
New reply 58 minutes ago - 185 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
  Hiphopdx's Review Of Rick Ross's "hood Billionare...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 75 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 NFL Thanksgiving Day Football- 49ers Vs Seahawks 5:30pm(pst)
New reply 1 hour ago - 673 comments - by WiLL
 NFL Gobble Gobble Bi-ch.. Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dall...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 779 comments - by Kooper
 NBA Name An Nba Player That You Are Thankful For (no Stars...
New reply 1 hour ago - 56 comments - by iloveIT
  Nov 26 - Michael Brown's Mom: Darren Wilson Testimony ...
New reply 50 minutes ago - 121 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Dam Bx , Tay600 Really Mad At Me!
New reply 2 hours ago - 139 comments - by SlimDunkin

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,816 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.