This is BX @ Boxden.com

Okay...I applied online, now what? Should I call?

Okay...I applied online, now what? Should I call?
Question topic by mistatnn - 12-07-2009, 05:46 AM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Wassup yall. Im sure your here in this thread for the same reason as me. Jobless and looking for work!!

Okay so after I apply for a job, should I give the company a call? Should I call them up, ask for someone in the human resource department and speak with them about the position? I always wondered if this was a good thing to do? What should I exactly say when I call? Is this proper etiquette?

Ive had to have applied to about 30jobs in the past 2 weeks and have yet to hear anything back yet. I have a college degree in computer networking so I do have some things under my belt but I have heard from a lot of places I either dont have much experience or I have to much. Like wtf do they really want? lol

Well if anyone has any insight on this subject can you post your thoughts/tips?

Thanks in advance...

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

6 comments for "Okay...I applied online, now what? Should I call?"

12-07-2009, 07:16 AMaway - #2
Poloi3eai2 

d 
space
$2,978 | 3157076
Hey man just keep applying and call the day after you apply just to ask if they received it then ask when should you expect to hear something on the status. Also get some certifications under your belt. In the meantime put up ads on craigslist for computer services like home/office networking
 12-07-2009, 10:07 AMonline - #3
deziking 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$14,385 | POWERFUL
what i usually do is if i'm applying for a job online, I would finish the application and then just call that place up right after I finish the application and just ask for the store manager or the HR and follow up on my application. Don't wait a week to follow up on applications.....keep calling them! Waiting around won't do you much.
 12-08-2009, 01:30 AMaway - #4
mistatnn 

d 
space
$3,066 | 6301351
what certs should I start off trying to get? im studying for my A+ right now which i think i should breeze through. what should I start to go for next? MCSE? N+?
 12-08-2009, 03:00 AMaway - #5
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,751 | POWERFUL
personally to be honest, calling isn't going to do ####, I would recommend actually going up to the company, meeting people, finding out more about what kind of company they are or about there products, etc ... then after doing that mention u have put in your application... this method has actually gotten one of my friends a job... worse case scenario he got a cool a$s golf partner, when he did it with one company... in places that are private like government jobs u will have to go apply and hope u luck up, and I would advise trying to network, thats why college is important, get to know your people u graduate with and stuff, because they can always provide u with information u might not know...
 12-08-2009, 08:09 AMaway - #6
Jaiden05 

d 
space
$4,768 | 11554973
Originally Posted by mistatnn
Wassup yall. Im sure your here in this thread for the same reason as me. Jobless and looking for work!!

Okay so after I apply for a job, should I give the company a call? Should I call them up, ask for someone in the human resource department and speak with them about the position? I always wondered if this was a good thing to do? What should I exactly say when I call? Is this proper etiquette?

Ive had to have applied to about 30jobs in the past 2 weeks and have yet to hear anything back yet. I have a college degree in computer networking so I do have some things under my belt but I have heard from a lot of places I either dont have much experience or I have to much. Like wtf do they really want? lol

Well if anyone has any insight on this subject can you post your thoughts/tips?

Thanks in advance...

Rule of thumb is to call a day or two after you filled out the app. This is to make sure that they have received it. After that's concerned call them the following week. This lets them know that you're still interested in the job.
 12-09-2009, 02:43 AMaway - #7
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,751 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jaiden05
Rule of thumb is to call a day or two after you filled out the app. This is to make sure that they have received it. After that's concerned call them the following week. This lets them know that you're still interested in the job.
trust me this is the old method, and 1000s of people are using this same method, people who use same methods as others, find it harder to get a job, people who think actively, and different get jobs, quicker...

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 24 - JUST IN: Photos of Officer Darren Wilson's I..
65 comments
Video inside  Nov 25 - Michael Brown Step Dad To Protestors:Burn Thi..
123 comments
Video inside  Which is Worse? A woman playing Peter Pan or an Africa..
59 comments
  Nov 24 - Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Expected Today |...
New reply 24 seconds ago - 2146 comments - by TheGreatDane
 Video inside Big Daddy Kane Has Too Much Swag
New reply 2 minutes ago - 52 comments - by DollaSignSage
 NBA Kobe To Teammates: "get The Fu-k Out Of My Way&qu...
New reply 1 minute ago - 92 comments - by tharegime
 Article inside Migos - Tha Truth (quavo Speaks On Robbery) (audio)
New reply 7 minutes ago - 319 comments - by SlimDunkin
 Video inside Jurassic World Official Trailer
New reply 1 minute ago - 115 comments - by JFamis
  Who Fell Off More? Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Wale Or Plies
New reply 15 minutes ago - 52 comments - by WizDoM
 Image(s) inside Well Damn Gy Azalea Mocks The Black Panther Party
New reply 2 minutes ago - 125 comments - by weeknd44
 BOX Floyd Already Demanding Rematch Clause If He Fights Pa...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 86 comments - by republican01

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,863 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.