b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Okay...I applied online, now what? Should I call?

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Okay...I applied online, now what? Should I call?
Question topic by mistatnn - 12-07-2009, 05:46 AM

Wassup yall. Im sure your here in this thread for the same reason as me. Jobless and looking for work!!

Okay so after I apply for a job, should I give the company a call? Should I call them up, ask for someone in the human resource department and speak with them about the position? I always wondered if this was a good thing to do? What should I exactly say when I call? Is this proper etiquette?

Ive had to have applied to about 30jobs in the past 2 weeks and have yet to hear anything back yet. I have a college degree in computer networking so I do have some things under my belt but I have heard from a lot of places I either dont have much experience or I have to much. Like wtf do they really want? lol

Well if anyone has any insight on this subject can you post your thoughts/tips?

Thanks in advance...

6 comments for "Okay...I applied online, now what? Should I call?"

12-07-2009, 07:16 AMaway - #2
Poloi3eai2 

d 
space
$2,978 | 3157076
Hey man just keep applying and call the day after you apply just to ask if they received it then ask when should you expect to hear something on the status. Also get some certifications under your belt. In the meantime put up ads on craigslist for computer services like home/office networking
 12-07-2009, 10:07 AMaway - #3
deziking 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$14,489 | POWERFUL
what i usually do is if i'm applying for a job online, I would finish the application and then just call that place up right after I finish the application and just ask for the store manager or the HR and follow up on my application. Don't wait a week to follow up on applications.....keep calling them! Waiting around won't do you much.
 12-08-2009, 01:30 AMonline - #4
mistatnn 

d 
space
$3,118 | 6377126
what certs should I start off trying to get? im studying for my A+ right now which i think i should breeze through. what should I start to go for next? MCSE? N+?
 12-08-2009, 03:00 AMaway - #5
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,755 | POWERFUL
personally to be honest, calling isn't going to do ####, I would recommend actually going up to the company, meeting people, finding out more about what kind of company they are or about there products, etc ... then after doing that mention u have put in your application... this method has actually gotten one of my friends a job... worse case scenario he got a cool a$s golf partner, when he did it with one company... in places that are private like government jobs u will have to go apply and hope u luck up, and I would advise trying to network, thats why college is important, get to know your people u graduate with and stuff, because they can always provide u with information u might not know...
 12-08-2009, 08:09 AMaway - #6
Jaiden05 

d 
space
$4,768 | 11554973
Originally Posted by mistatnn
Wassup yall. Im sure your here in this thread for the same reason as me. Jobless and looking for work!!

Okay so after I apply for a job, should I give the company a call? Should I call them up, ask for someone in the human resource department and speak with them about the position? I always wondered if this was a good thing to do? What should I exactly say when I call? Is this proper etiquette?

Ive had to have applied to about 30jobs in the past 2 weeks and have yet to hear anything back yet. I have a college degree in computer networking so I do have some things under my belt but I have heard from a lot of places I either dont have much experience or I have to much. Like wtf do they really want? lol

Well if anyone has any insight on this subject can you post your thoughts/tips?

Thanks in advance...

Rule of thumb is to call a day or two after you filled out the app. This is to make sure that they have received it. After that's concerned call them the following week. This lets them know that you're still interested in the job.
 12-09-2009, 02:43 AMaway - #7
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,755 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jaiden05
Rule of thumb is to call a day or two after you filled out the app. This is to make sure that they have received it. After that's concerned call them the following week. This lets them know that you're still interested in the job.
trust me this is the old method, and 1000s of people are using this same method, people who use same methods as others, find it harder to get a job, people who think actively, and different get jobs, quicker...

Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
124 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
70 comments
What's Quentin Tarantino's best film in your opinion
108 comments
 Image(s) inside Meek Mill On Bobby Shmurda Situation. (might Be Too Mu...
New reply 49 seconds ago - 75 comments - by FreeBigga
 NBA Pg Goran Dragic Wants To Sign With New York Knicks?
New reply 11 minutes ago - 71 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside How To Clean Up Nice (dress Shirts, Suits, Grown Man S...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 77 comments - by Jeff Roorda
 NFL Espn Has To Do Something.
New reply 11 minutes ago - 97 comments - by The Boat
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 326 comments - by Bkjj11
 NFL Rgiii Will Be Back With Redskins In 2015
New reply 16 minutes ago - 52 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside Godfather Fif Reacts To News Of 2 Police Officers Bein...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 165 comments - by Carlton Black
 NBA Master P: "kobe, Hit Me Up! I Can Save Your Seaso...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 55 comments - by Avon_Barksdale

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,850 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.