Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
81 viewing
 Image inside Thick Redbone Antoinette
14 comments
most viewed right now
62 viewing
 Video inside Welven "Deez Nuts" The Great Gets Pranked... Thinks He Gonna Smash Stri..
78 comments

top in section
37 viewing
 Video inside Sauce walka: drake is using Houston
top in hiphop
top in section
18 viewing
 Please make a new....
top in games

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #101
NateRight 7 heat pts space
Bleed Teal
space
$3,678 | 11887111
sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
The only flaw is, like you stated, that people don't have the patience for online learning. The point I'm getting at is that the Internet is a very effective learning tool.
ok, yeah that's true. As of now it's underrated and therefore heavily underdeveloped. Probably one day, and I'd love to see it, but I don't think that day is anytime soon. So college it is
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #102
NateRight 7 heat pts space
Bleed Teal
space
$3,678 | 11887111
egotistical said:
I really hate referring to articles when it comes to job numbers and graduating salaries. Most of the time those sh*ts are extremely bogus. Like you really thinking you going to make 38k out of college with an Art History degree. Construction 53k starting I can't...

Last thing I am posting in this thread like I said it all comes down to three things: internships, budgeting, networking. Is college the best thing since slice bread no. Can you learn some good things, YES. Can you major in anything depends, do you have connections or experience already. Also, I want to say one last thing some of you muthafu*kers come in this thread and act like it's just the easiest thing to start a business and be success. The chances of being successful with a business is extremely small.
I honestly didn't look at those majors didn't look at the sample size either, but maybe some of those people didn't get a job within their major

egotistical said:
Last thing I am posting in this thread like I said it all comes down to three things: internships, budgeting, networking. Is college the best thing since slice bread no. Can you learn some good things, YES. Can you major in anything depends, do you have connections or experience already. Also, I want to say one last thing some of you muthafu*kers come in this thread and act like it's just the easiest thing to start a business and be success. The chances of being successful with a business is extremely small.
also it takes soooo much time and hard work to get it off the ground. And most, but certainly not all, of the people who are saying "don't go to college just start your own business" don't have the work ethic to start a business successfully.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #103
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts space
Smooth Criminal
space
$6,437 | 18544322
Darkdrone said:
I never said it was a bad degree I think it is a great degree but there is too many people doing finance degrees for the market. It is oversaturated right now and only the best people will be hand picked leaving very few winners and a whole lot of losers. Compared to other degrees where you come from a decent school and have a good degree you will be set.

Reminds me of law of school and how we have too many lawyers.
disagree. i think bio degrees are over-saturated.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #104
niceguy954 31 heat pts31 space
space
$5,190 | POWERFUL
egotistical said:
I really hate referring to articles when it comes to job numbers and graduating salaries. Most of the time those sh*ts are extremely bogus. Like you really thinking you going to make 38k out of college with an Art History degree. Construction 53k starting I can't...

my man
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - on now - #105
DominicanLou 5 heat pts space
41st x Figg
space
$3,680 | 20612868
There's good reasons for both sides...

Someone mentioned priorities...and I think that what it should come down to.

What kind of QUALITY of life do you want?

How much money are you willing to compromise for something you enjoy doing? Do you even have to compromise in the first place?

Are you chasing dollars or fulfillment and happiness? These are questions I think will help you decide what path to take. Then it doesn't become about whether college is 'worth it' or not, but is that the road that will take you to where you want to be.

And how loyal can you be to pursuing your dreams? Some of you might be mistakenly confusing other people's dreams for yours.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #106
Drone 40 heat pts40 space
Its been fun.
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:
disagree. i think bio degrees are over-saturated.
Of course you would disagree I chose to attack your degree.

A grand smh
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #107
egotistical 1 heat pts space
space
$6,840 | POWERFUL
DominicanLou said:
There's good reasons for both sides...

Someone mentioned priorities...and I think that what it should come down to.

What kind of QUALITY of life do you want?

How much money are you willing to compromise for something you enjoy doing? Do you even have to compromise in the first place?

Are you chasing dollars or fulfillment and happiness? These are questions I think will help you decide what path to take. Then it doesn't become about whether college is 'worth it' or not, but is that the road that will take you to where you want to be.

And how loyal can you be to pursuing your dreams? Some of you might be mistakenly confusing other people's dreams for yours.
This is good sh*t.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #108
SoFresh170 23 heat pts23 space
space
$10,057 | POWERFUL
when youre that age maybe not having a college education is okay but certainly not anymore.. where are they hiring full time, 19 year olds fresh out of high school, and im talking career jobs.

Home > all sections > The Money Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
47 viewing
Article inside Kanye West SWISH to be released June 8th on Apple Istream
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Video inside Throwback: Jamie Foxx ends a comedian's life
113 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Crips call bloods in bx to give ''flick of the wrist'' chains back.
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Video inside 5150 nation: Corey Holcomb and comedian Deray Davis do battle on Jerry ..
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Damn after seeing this picture there is no way back for kanye
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
NBA 2K16 listing hints at animation improvements, modes and more
84 comments
@games
most viewed right now
8 viewing
May 23 - CNN: Cleveland officer not guilty in killing unarmed pair
62 comments
@news
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Video inside 7 Videogame Bosses We Didn't Want To Kill
38 comments
@games
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Video inside Paparazzi Got Tunechi Stressed...
167 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time