This is BX @ Boxden.com


Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.


New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

 Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.
 12-12-2012, 12:32 AMaway - #101
NateRight 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,140 | 10562883
Originally Posted by sm00vb0iiw0nder
The only flaw is, like you stated, that people don't have the patience for online learning. The point I'm getting at is that the Internet is a very effective learning tool.
ok, yeah that's true. As of now it's underrated and therefore heavily underdeveloped. Probably one day, and I'd love to see it, but I don't think that day is anytime soon. So college it is
 12-12-2012, 12:37 AMaway - #102
NateRight 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,140 | 10562883
Originally Posted by egotistical
I really hate referring to articles when it comes to job numbers and graduating salaries. Most of the time those ####s are extremely bogus. Like you really thinking you going to make 38k out of college with an Art History degree. Construction 53k starting I can't...

Last thing I am posting in this thread like I said it all comes down to three things: internships, budgeting, networking. Is college the best thing since slice bread no. Can you learn some good things, YES. Can you major in anything depends, do you have connections or experience already. Also, I want to say one last thing some of you mutha####ers come in this thread and act like it's just the easiest thing to start a business and be success. The chances of being successful with a business is extremely small.
I honestly didn't look at those majors didn't look at the sample size either, but maybe some of those people didn't get a job within their major

Originally Posted by egotistical
Last thing I am posting in this thread like I said it all comes down to three things: internships, budgeting, networking. Is college the best thing since slice bread no. Can you learn some good things, YES. Can you major in anything depends, do you have connections or experience already. Also, I want to say one last thing some of you mutha####ers come in this thread and act like it's just the easiest thing to start a business and be success. The chances of being successful with a business is extremely small.
also it takes soooo much time and hard work to get it off the ground. And most, but certainly not all, of the people who are saying "don't go to college just start your own business" don't have the work ethic to start a business successfully.
 12-12-2012, 02:46 AMaway - #103
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,885 | 16032788
Originally Posted by Darkdrone
I never said it was a bad degree I think it is a great degree but there is too many people doing finance degrees for the market. It is oversaturated right now and only the best people will be hand picked leaving very few winners and a whole lot of losers. Compared to other degrees where you come from a decent school and have a good degree you will be set.

Reminds me of law of school and how we have too many lawyers.
disagree. i think bio degrees are over-saturated.
 12-12-2012, 05:33 AMaway - #104
niceguy954 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$5,007 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by egotistical
I really hate referring to articles when it comes to job numbers and graduating salaries. Most of the time those ####s are extremely bogus. Like you really thinking you going to make 38k out of college with an Art History degree. Construction 53k starting I can't...

Last thing I am posting in this thread like I said it all comes down to three things: internships, budgeting, networking. Is college the best thing since slice bread no. Can you learn some good things, YES. Can you major in anything depends, do you have connections or experience already. Also, I want to say one last thing some of you mutha####ers come in this thread and act like it's just the easiest thing to start a business and be success. The chances of being successful with a business is extremely small.

my man
 12-24-2012, 10:46 PMaway - #105
DominicanLou 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,167 | 15990143
There's good reasons for both sides...

Someone mentioned priorities...and I think that what it should come down to.

What kind of QUALITY of life do you want?

How much money are you willing to compromise for something you enjoy doing? Do you even have to compromise in the first place?

Are you chasing dollars or fulfillment and happiness? These are questions I think will help you decide what path to take. Then it doesn't become about whether college is 'worth it' or not, but is that the road that will take you to where you want to be.

And how loyal can you be to pursuing your dreams? Some of you might be mistakenly confusing other people's dreams for yours.
 12-25-2012, 11:03 AMaway - #106
Drone 40 heat pts40

  d 
space
$16,560 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by THaXcEpTiOnAL1
disagree. i think bio degrees are over-saturated.
Of course you would disagree I chose to attack your degree.

A grand smh
 12-26-2012, 01:07 PMaway - #107
egotistical 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$6,711 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DominicanLou
There's good reasons for both sides...

Someone mentioned priorities...and I think that what it should come down to.

What kind of QUALITY of life do you want?

How much money are you willing to compromise for something you enjoy doing? Do you even have to compromise in the first place?

Are you chasing dollars or fulfillment and happiness? These are questions I think will help you decide what path to take. Then it doesn't become about whether college is 'worth it' or not, but is that the road that will take you to where you want to be.

And how loyal can you be to pursuing your dreams? Some of you might be mistakenly confusing other people's dreams for yours.
This is good ####.
 12-26-2012, 01:56 PMaway - #108
SoFresh170 23 heat pts23

  d 
space
$9,930 | POWERFUL
when youre that age maybe not having a college education is okay but certainly not anymore.. where are they hiring full time, 19 year olds fresh out of high school, and im talking career jobs.
 
New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 28 - Orthodox Jews with herpes need to stop applying ‘direc..
53 comments
Image inside  Angelica charrupi >> instawife
51 comments
Video inside  The Last of Us Remastered drops on Tuesday, you copping?
57 comments
 Image(s) inside So Who's Copping Destiny?
New reply 10 seconds ago - 105 comments - by Pleasure Boy
 NBA Nice Number Bron
New reply 7 minutes ago - 75 comments - by DEDOS
 NBA A Message To Heat Nation From Micky Arison
New reply 1 minute ago - 59 comments - by ogballer32
 Image(s) inside [chiwire] Durk Fu-kin W/ The Opps, Fredo Not With The ...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 387 comments - by Squadd
 Video inside Aaron Hall: Any B*tch That Say My D*ck Is Small Is Lying
New reply 2 minutes ago - 119 comments - by GoldBluded
 NBA Throwback: The Greatest Nba Gif Of All Time (pic)
New reply 11 minutes ago - 163 comments - by King Henry
 NFL Dallas "resisting" Paying Dez Bryant Top-5 W...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 52 comments - by KtodaC
 NBA The B!tch A$$ N!gga That Is Kobe Bryant (video)
New reply 12 minutes ago - 57 comments - by PyrexVisionary

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.