This is BX @ Boxden.com

Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.

Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.
 12-10-2012, 04:49 PMaway - #61
niceguy954 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$5,052 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MOTTAFOOKAH
Nonsense; I went to a private school also.. regardless #### is a waste of money and the only reason to go to school is to play the game.. it's that simple...
its a game? cool...so play the game right and stop complaining. Don't try to convince people not to go to a place that provides education #### it don't go to elem,middle or high school also our youth these days. To lazy to read a book and pass a couple test to succeed in life. Always a ####ing excuse
 12-10-2012, 04:58 PMaway - #62
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
I seen too many dudes who engineers, accountants, programmers....etc who tell me within the first year of the job they hate the job. A majority of these people just pick the major and suffer 4 years of hell, only to get a job where they hate. Then fast forward a couple of years later and they either have depression because they are in a career they never wanted.

Always tell my buddies that you gotta do something practical and that can sustain you for many years to come. You don't pick something for the money you pick something because you are good at it and you enjoy it.
 12-10-2012, 04:59 PMaway - #63
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$5,339 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Zaosyn
I fear this so much. I'm 22 and thinking about jumping in college late for a trade skill or degree but collecting those big student loan checks early on scares the #### out of me. I really don't want to be 24 with a nursing degree (which I would likely aim for) and have 10k+ in student loans dwelling on me whether I finish or not. Granted, if I'm gonna make a decision I need to do it while I'm fairly young.

Did most of you have this same fear and just say "#### it, I'm gonna have a nice career job afterwards anyways that will pay it off, and if I don't that's a chance i'll take "? Because I'm starting to lean towards the idea of accepting the debt and making a career choice and going to college.
Man I'm 30 now when I was 22 I was still trying to figure #### out college wise and adult life as well. Like I said while I was in school I got all grants b/c I knew I didn't have the type of money to even try to pay back student loans. You can think collecting those student loan checks is sweet but remember once you graduate YOU HAVE TO PAY THAT #### BACK!!!
 12-10-2012, 05:16 PMaway - #64
MOTTAFOOKAH 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,099 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by niceguy954
its a game? cool...so play the game right and stop complaining. Don't try to convince people not to go to a place that provides education #### it don't go to elem,middle or high school also our youth these days. To lazy to read a book and pass a couple test to succeed in life. Always a ####ing excuse
who complaining? I'm playing the game now.. I was a double major.. I'm not trying to do nothing.. you I guess just like a lot of other people think you NEED college to do something in this world.. and you don't.. education aint nothing but domestication... your'e in school right? You can see for yourself and if you can't your probably one of the brainless people getting domesticated...
 12-10-2012, 05:31 PMaway - #65
niceguy954 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$5,052 | POWERFUL
who complaining? I'm playing the game now.. I was a double major.. I'm not trying to do nothing.. you I guess just like a lot of other people think you NEED college to do something in this world.. and you don't.. education aint nothing but domestication... your'e in school right? You can see for yourself and if you can't your probably one of the brainless people getting domesticated...
first off I graduated two years ago..been making that money since

You don't need college but its most popular way to succeed. Everything else is either right place right time, born into rich, or you started with one company when you were 18 and never left

you know sometimes college doesn't domesticate you..it actually opens your eyes to see the world from a different view.

maybe your the brain washed one thinking everything is meant to control, lie, and brainwash you..if thats the case whats the point of living?

I see why the GOP is ####ing about taxes..once you make it uncle sam coming for you.. YTD in taxes is about 24k I'm worrying how to get taxed less and your worrying about being brain washed

Last edited by niceguy954; 12-10-2012 at 05:34 PM..
 12-10-2012, 05:52 PMaway - #66
MOTTAFOOKAH 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,099 | POWERFUL
first off I graduated two years ago..been making that money since

You don't need college but its most popular way to succeed. Everything else is either right place right time, born into rich, or you started with one company when you were 18 and never left

you know sometimes college doesn't domesticate you..it actually opens your eyes to see the world from a different view.

maybe your the brain washed one thinking everything is meant to control, lie, and brainwash you..if thats the case whats the point of living?

I see why the GOP is ####ing about taxes..once you make it uncle sam coming for you.. YTD in taxes is about 24k I'm worrying how to get taxed less and your worrying about being brain washed
I had a job the week after graduation.. you play the game(school) and get what the game prepares you for(job) that's all it's for..Go to the law dictionary and research the definition of JOB.. oh wait you learned that in college right? You proved my point.. COLLEGE AINT TEACH YOU ####.... Because if it did that tax problem you having you should know or at least have information on this cuz it's been out there..
 12-10-2012, 06:00 PMaway - #67
niceguy954 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$5,052 | POWERFUL
I had a job the week after graduation.. you play the game(school) and get what the game prepares you for(job) that's all it's for.. You proved my point.. COLLEGE AINT TEACH YOU ####.... Because if it did you should know or at least have information on this cuz it's been out there..
Just because I don't know all the tax invasion techniques doesn't mean I didn't learn anything in college.. Everyone is taught the basics..IRA,401k,529,HSA but the extra #### you have to read our ask your accountant about is what I mean

that statement you highlighted was meant to show your thought process. Im worrying about saving money from uncle sam and your worrying about not getting brain washed please note depending on your salary 24k is unavoidable

college opens the world to you and shows you stuff you never knew. Then you take the initiative to research and learn new things. Colleges are mandated to teach you beg-inter levels about the major your want that's it. It forces you to explore and meet new people who talk about things you never heard about. You think an avg kid in the hood knows what a 401k is? what if he went to college and heard about that word..hmm then he would look into..thats a great point about college
 12-10-2012, 06:05 PMaway - #68
niceguy954 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$5,052 | POWERFUL
ni##a aint you heard the saying...

12-10-2012, 06:11 PMaway - #69
MOTTAFOOKAH 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,099 | POWERFUL
Just because I don't know all the tax invasion techniques doesn't mean I didn't learn anything in college.. Everyone is taught the basics..IRA,401k,529,HSA but the extra #### you have to read our ask your accountant about is what I mean

that statement you highlighted was meant to show your thought process. Im worrying about saving money from uncle sam and your worrying about not getting brain washed please note depending on your salary 24k is unavoidable

college opens the world to you and shows you stuff you never knew. Then you take the initiative to research and learn new things. Colleges are mandated to teach you beg-inter levels about the major your want that's it. It forces you to explore and meet new people who talk about things you never heard about. You think an avg kid in the hood knows what a 401k is? what if he went to college and heard about that word..hmm then he would look into..thats a great point about college
yes I do..Im from the hood and know plenty of people who know what a 401k is and more. but that is another issue.. All the points that you highlighted you don't NEED college to do.. College is for a job.. simple as that..
 12-10-2012, 06:16 PMaway - #70
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
College really for the most part doesn't teach you ####, I learned more theorems, ideas and knowledge by doing the research on my own and through youtube.

College is like this: you go to lecture, write down what professors say, work on problems, study, do test, rince and repeat, then do final, do well and then for most part everything you learned is flushed down the toilet.

Then when you get your career for the most part its on the job training a large portion of what you learned in college won't be applied to your everyday day to day duties.
 12-10-2012, 06:31 PMaway - #71
niceguy954 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$5,052 | POWERFUL
yes I do..Im from the hood and know plenty of people who know what a 401k is and more. but that is another issue.. All the points that you highlighted you don't NEED college to do.. College is for a job.. simple as that..
I volunteer at a local clinic in the hood..yes most don't know what a 401k is..a lot of them can't even read to start off which is a bigger problem. Your not getting it..your trying to debunk my statements with your life story and I'm trying to explain the story of the average person going to college. I'm done with you sir

Originally Posted by Darkdrone
College really for the most part doesn't teach you ####, I learned more theorems, ideas and knowledge by doing the research on my own and through youtube.

College is like this: you go to lecture, write down what professors say, work on problems, study, do test, rince and repeat, then do final, do well and then for most part everything you learned is flushed down the toilet.

Then when you get your career for the most part its on the job training a large portion of what you learned in college won't be applied to your everyday day to day duties.
this guy said his facts and references when he explains a topic to someone is going to be from a youtube video

Yes tell that to your job interviewer
 12-10-2012, 06:39 PMaway - #72
MOTTAFOOKAH 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,099 | POWERFUL
I volunteer at a local clinic in the hood..yes most don't know what a 401k is..a lot of them can't even read to start off which is a bigger problem. Your not getting it..your trying to debunk my statements with your life story and I'm trying to explain the story of the average person going to college. I'm done with you sir
Iv'e already proved my point to you... you just continue to respond with generalized nonsense..
 12-10-2012, 07:25 PMaway - #73
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
this guy said his facts and references when he explains a topic to someone is going to be from a youtube video

Yes tell that to your job interviewer
I am in college now and doing well but for the most the things I am learning in class can be learned so much better outside the classroom. Last summer when I was working for bank as an intern, you wouldn't believe the number people who had high positions and getting paid good money told me only a small portion of what they used in college they applied the rest was from on the job training and online research.

My future job interviewer will be spooned fed a generic interview phrases and then I can munipulate him to think I am qualified for the job (could have been before I started college) and then off to a career where there is little creativity and marginal change in the work life.
 12-10-2012, 07:49 PMaway - #74
thechanickal1 

d 
space
$465 | 420034
It's one of those things unless you have the knowledge you wouldn't understand...what it did for me is to force me to think about stuff I had no interest in. It's was worth it for me but its all what u get out of it like everything else. It's may not pay off monetarily wise for everyone but if u use the knowledge odds are it will
 12-10-2012, 08:19 PMaway - #75
niceguy954 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$5,052 | POWERFUL
I am in college now and doing well but for the most the things I am learning in class can be learned so much better outside the classroom. Last summer when I was working for bank as an intern, you wouldn't believe the number people who had high positions and getting paid good money told me only a small portion of what they used in college they applied the rest was from on the job training and online research.

My future job interviewer will be spooned fed a generic interview phrases and then I can munipulate him to think I am qualified for the job (could have been before I started college) and then off to a career where there is little creativity and marginal change in the work life.
so much wtf's in your statement. I don't even know where to start so I just won't start. Lets see how far you go in life with that mentality.

Originally Posted by thechanickal1
It's one of those things unless you have the knowledge you wouldn't understand...what it did for me is to force me to think about stuff I had no interest in. It's was worth it for me but its all what u get out of it like everything else. It's may not pay off monetarily wise for everyone but if u use the knowledge odds are it will
 12-10-2012, 08:25 PMaway - #76
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
so much wtf's in your statement. I don't even know where to start so I just won't start. Lets see how far you go in life with that mentality.

Good credit
Little to no debt
Travelled around Europe
Will be making 100k within a couple of years

Life right now seems pretty good to me.

Last edited by Drone; 12-10-2012 at 08:33 PM..
 12-10-2012, 08:42 PMaway - #77
niceguy954 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$5,052 | POWERFUL
Good credit
Little to no debt
Travelled around Europe
Will be making 100k within a couple of years

Life right now seems pretty good to me.
a lot of people have good credit and no debt..Most people start to learn about credit and debt when they apply for a student credit card during guess what..college...

A couple of my classmates traveled to Europe (even Ghana) for the first time paid for by....their evil colleges for 1-2 semesters. Colleges are monsters

When will you be making that 100k/year ..after going through that evil corporation aka college right?

but again its like having the debate with the other guy..your still in college and I have been out for 2 years enjoying the rewards of going.. You guys are ####ing and moaning now but in a couple of years you will be thinking like me Good day to you sir
I can see how college is such a bad place
 12-10-2012, 09:33 PMaway - #78
QVD 

d 
space
$168 | 437524
I THOUGHT Darkdrone was on some next #### but then I KNEW once he started bragging about ####
 12-10-2012, 10:22 PMaway - #79
Hydroman 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,279 | 7376469
A degree is NOT a one way ticket to success, but it is a credential that's needed in order to get certain opportunities in the corporate job space. Work experience is becoming just as important as your degree, and any additional certifications such as MBA's or other graduate degrees give you a leg up on the competition. If you're going into the corporate environment and you're not armed with some level of collegiate certification, good luck.
 12-10-2012, 11:20 PMaway - #80
Toss 

d 
space
$4,132 | 5129772
but this is only one specific area smh

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
69 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers the worst manufactured Superteam i..
78 comments
 NBA Espn Nba Insiders: Harden, Howard Among Most Overrated...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 61 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 Image(s) inside Daaaaamn My Nigga French Montana Back
New reply 32 minutes ago - 102 comments - by SHADOW
 Image(s) inside Alfie From Old Nick Show "my Brother & Me&quo...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 84 comments - by KleanKutt100
 NBA Espn First Take: Nash Or Iverson: Who's The Better Pla...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 189 comments - by JNumbaNC
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Is Scared Of Black Fighters
New reply 15 minutes ago - 72 comments - by Blue Mercury
 Image(s) inside Wealthy Woman Ask "must I Give Out Halloween Cand...
New reply 1 hour ago - 53 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 19 minutes ago - 159 comments - by JewsusChrist
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 3 hours ago - 125 comments - by foshomoney

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,797 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.