Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
49 viewing
 Video inside Real talk i ALWAYS wondered what happened to this kid.
14 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
46 viewing
 Video inside 50 Cent Talks 2Pac Movie, Tyga & Kylie Jenner, Mayweather, Bang'em Smur..
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
31 viewing
 Image inside Jay Rock Tonight Confirmed!
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
30 viewing
 Image inside How the fu-k ?
70 comments
@wild'ish
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
5525 pageviews
108 comments

mr_underground|m 593 heat pts593 space
The sound Man
space
$16,913 | POWERFUL

[video - click to view]

Props given to mr_underground CentsCuZ (11-23-2012)

top in section
13 viewing
 Image inside Sep 3 - twitter feminists angry that Kermit the Frog's new girlfriend is young and thin
30 comments
top in news/24hrs
top in section
21 viewing
 Image inside Post Your "Perfect Girl"
29 comments
top in eyecandy/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #2
stizz44 19 heat pts19 space
space
$1,001 | 10719449
If could do it all over again, I'd work for a property management company right after high school doing some low level job learning the business and have the company pay for my college classes. I woulda stayed at home and stacked reinvested my money into income properties and started building wealth at age 25 instead of age 30.

But I guess everything happens for a reason, I went to college and graduated in 2004. And if I invested in properties during those years I'd be underwater and on the verge of foreclosure, cuz 2004-2006 was the peak of the market and properties back then were VASTLY over priced!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #3
SHADOW 324 heat pts324 space
.Hunger.Games.
space
$8,366 | POWERFUL
Hell fu*king nooooo

Get a mothafuggin scholarship.

College has been shifting to a cuttthroat money making business;

I hope more and more ppl have successful careers without college, so they dont have to tell kids that college is the only way out

fu*k dat student loans and debt bs obama where is our bailout?!?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #4
Silver N Black 18 heat pts18 space
space
$26,626 | POWERFUL
bish in the devil suit can get the D
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #5
ColeWorld 34 heat pts34 space
HiiiPower
space
$9,386 | POWERFUL
That bi*ch is s3xy!

But college is a fu*king scam now but you
Gotta do what you gotta do to increase wealth potential
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #6
Venom 29 heat pts29 space
NYK 2014
space
$13,389 | POWERFUL
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?

Last edited by Venom; 11-23-2012 at 02:50 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
Silver N Black 18 heat pts18 space
space
$26,626 | POWERFUL
Venom said:
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolotuion in biology? art?

think those chinese/indian kids fu*king with those degrees? fu*k nah, their parents would probably have them k!lled or some sh*t
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #8
xo xo xo 82 heat pts82 space
space
$4,466 | POWERFUL
Venom said:
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?
Exactly. Personally college is worth it it's just not for everyone. If you decide to go to college make sure it's for a useful degree. Plus no need to go to an expensive college when their are community colleges and then transfer to a senior college.

Last edited by xo xo xo; 11-23-2012 at 03:05 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #9
Pat McGroin 88 heat pts88 space
Inmate
space
$1,802 | POWERFUL
its not worth the cost but it is nice to have...I learned more in college than I did highschool
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #10
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11 space
space
$6,766 | POWERFUL
Venom said:

xo xo xo said:
Exactly. Personally college is worth it it's just not for everyone. If you decide to go to college make sure it's for a useful degree. Plus no need to go to an expensive college when their are community colleges and then transfer to a senior college.
While I was looking at the video I understand why some of them are working at bars and sh*t look at the majors they chose while they were in college. Personally a lot of majors in college are not even worth it and even if you do go to college whether it's university or community college better make sure you got grants & scholarships b/c the sh*t is not cheap. I graduate next Spring and once I finish up I'm thinking about calling it wraps unless I can apply for some scholarships but I'm not getting ready to put myself in debt with loans and then up owing the government for the next 10+ years w/interest. Next thing you know you end up working at a minimum wage job trying to pay off student loans...FOH!!!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #11
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11 space
space
$6,766 | POWERFUL

[video - click to view]

Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #12
reppinI85  space
space
$522 | 727104
Like everyone else said you need a specialized degree not fine arts ect. Engineering, Nursing, Finance ect. These students actually graduate with useful knowledge
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #13
Drone 40 heat pts40 space
Its been fun.
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
reppinI85 said:
Like everyone else said you need a specialized degree not fine arts ect. Engineering, Nursing, Finance ect. These students actually graduate with useful knowledge
Finance?

There is massive number of people with finance degrees who are clogging up the market, unless you go to a top tier school your degree is worthless.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #14
mr_underground|m 593 heat pts593 space
The sound Man
space
$16,913 | POWERFUL
I don't agree with the people saying "they picked the wrong major" The point is colleges offer those major and market them the same as a degree in computer science. If you compare the number of worthless topics to those of practical use you will see all colleges have waaay more bullsh*t courses and degrees than they do useful ones.

Using that logic, if you don't want to be a doctor, lawyer, or engineer...your screwed. And if you "strategically pick a major" its based on fear and will usually lead to unhappiness in life.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #15
reppinI85  space
space
$522 | 727104
Darkdrone said:
Finance?

There is massive number of people with finance degrees who are clogging up the market, unless you go to a top tier school your degree is worthless.
Well my stance was based off of people I actually knew. People I went to school with that have these degrees including finance have very good jobs
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #16
Its been fun.
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
reppinI85 said:
Well my stance was based off of people I actually knew. People I went to school with that have these degrees including finance have very good jobs
Good job you say? I know a people working in IBM and high tech firms with nothing more than english degrees and sociology degrees. These people maximized their contacts, learned about the upcoming technology and marketed their skill for the position.

What you need to understand is the degree is not that important to high aspect, it is what you can bring to the table, if you have the experience and are you the right fit.

My cousin's best friend is an extremely well paid lawyer and he got a degree in computer science and many people thought he didn't have what it takes to do well in the field.

What these counsellors fail to tell you is you can a good career without having a degree within the field. Ever heard of that stat that 70+% of university students get job not related in their degree? You think every person in Google is a computer engineer or computer scientist? If the company sees you are a valuable they will scoop you up.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #17
reppinI85  space
space
$522 | 727104
Darkdrone said:
Good job you say? I know a people working in IBM and high tech firms with nothing more than english degrees and sociology degrees. These people maximized their contacts, learned about the upcoming technology and marketed their skill for the position.

What you need to understand is the degree is not that important to high aspect, it is what you can bring to the table, if you have the experience and are you the right fit.

My cousin's best friend is an extremely well paid lawyer and he got a degree in computer science and many people thought he didn't have what it takes to do well in the field.

What these counsellors fail to tell you is you can a good career without having a degree within the field. Ever heard of that stat that 70+% of university students get job not related in their degree? You think every person in Google is a computer engineer or computer scientist? If the company sees you are a valuable they will scoop you up.
I know bruh. That wasn't really my point but ok
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #18
Its been fun.
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
reppinI85 said:
I know bruh. That wasn't really my point but ok
What was your point? Elaborate.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #19
reppinI85  space
space
$522 | 727104
Darkdrone said:
What was your point? Elaborate.
That often times if your resume is being ran through a resume portal to land a job you might need more than a sociology degree. JMO
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #20
Its been fun.
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
reppinI85 said:
That often times if your resume is being ran through a resume portal to land a job you might need more than a sociology degree. JMO
Which is why you get someone in the company to get you the interview, which will make the interviewer look at you from a different prospective.

Home > all sections > The Money Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
18 viewing
Video inside :DEAD: (Trust me you will be too lol)
133 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Article inside Here’s Why the Hulk Was Cut Out of ‘Captain America: Civil War’
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
13 viewing
The Top 10 Costliest Prostitutes on the Planet
114 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside South Side Crips killed PAC for Diddy & Poochie Killed Biggie For Suge ?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside God's gift to Earth
61 comments
18 hours ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Sep 2 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: This is the difference between Donald Trump and B..
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Rex Dickson admits Aggressive catch is OP
30 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside WTF Is Going On In That Nike Corporate Office ?
93 comments
2 days ago
@gear
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time