This is BX @ Boxden.com


Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.


 Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.
topic by mr_underground - 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)


Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide. - YouTube


share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

108 comments for "Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide."


 11-23-2012, 01:55 PMaway - #2
stizz44 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$448 | 6603921
If could do it all over again, I'd work for a property management company right after high school doing some low level job learning the business and have the company pay for my college classes. I woulda stayed at home and stacked reinvested my money into income properties and started building wealth at age 25 instead of age 30.

But I guess everything happens for a reason, I went to college and graduated in 2004. And if I invested in properties during those years I'd be underwater and on the verge of foreclosure, cuz 2004-2006 was the peak of the market and properties back then were VASTLY over priced!
 11-23-2012, 01:59 PMaway - #3
SHADOW 279 heat pts279

  d 
space
$7,000 | POWERFUL
Hell ####ing nooooo

Get a mothafuggin scholarship.

College has been shifting to a cuttthroat money making business;

I hope more and more ppl have successful careers without college, so they dont have to tell kids that college is the only way out

#### dat student loans and debt bs obama where is our bailout?!?
 11-23-2012, 02:13 PMaway - #4
.amberlamps. 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$24,936 | POWERFUL
bish in the devil suit can get the D
 11-23-2012, 02:19 PMaway - #5
ColeWorld 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$7,643 | POWERFUL
That #### is s3xy!

But college is a ####ing scam now but you
Gotta do what you gotta do to increase wealth potential
 11-23-2012, 02:44 PMaway - #6
Venom 29 heat pts29

  d 
space
$12,989 | POWERFUL
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?

Last edited by Venom; 11-23-2012 at 02:50 PM..
 11-23-2012, 02:50 PMaway - #7
.amberlamps. 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$24,936 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Venom
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolotuion in biology? art?


think those chinese/indian kids ####ing with those degrees? #### nah, their parents would probably have them k!lled or some ####
 11-23-2012, 03:02 PMaway - #8
xo xo xo 75 heat pts75

  d 
space
$3,498 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Venom
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?
Exactly. Personally college is worth it it's just not for everyone. If you decide to go to college make sure it's for a useful degree. Plus no need to go to an expensive college when their are community colleges and then transfer to a senior college.

Last edited by xo xo xo; 11-23-2012 at 03:05 PM..
 11-23-2012, 03:29 PMaway - #9
J Rob 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,317 | POWERFUL
seems like most of the people who #### about college picked dumb a$s degrees
 11-23-2012, 03:40 PMaway - #10
Pat McGroin 88 heat pts88

  d 
space
$1,802 | POWERFUL
its not worth the cost but it is nice to have...I learned more in college than I did highschool
 11-23-2012, 04:16 PMaway - #11
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$3,882 | 19934495
Originally Posted by Venom
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?

Originally Posted by xo xo xo
Exactly. Personally college is worth it it's just not for everyone. If you decide to go to college make sure it's for a useful degree. Plus no need to go to an expensive college when their are community colleges and then transfer to a senior college.
While I was looking at the video I understand why some of them are working at bars and #### look at the majors they chose while they were in college. Personally a lot of majors in college are not even worth it and even if you do go to college whether it's university or community college better make sure you got grants & scholarships b/c the #### is not cheap. I graduate next Spring and once I finish up I'm thinking about calling it wraps unless I can apply for some scholarships but I'm not getting ready to put myself in debt with loans and then up owing the government for the next 10+ years w/interest. Next thing you know you end up working at a minimum wage job trying to pay off student loans...FOH!!!
 11-23-2012, 04:22 PMaway - #12
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$3,882 | 19934495
College is a SCAM OVERPRICED by the U.S. Government so they CAN MAKE YOU A DEBT SLAVE FOR LIFE! - YouTube
 11-23-2012, 06:23 PMaway - #13
reppinI85 

  d 
space
$511 | 727104
Like everyone else said you need a specialized degree not fine arts ect. Engineering, Nursing, Finance ect. These students actually graduate with useful knowledge
 11-23-2012, 06:27 PMaway - #14
Drone 40 heat pts40

  d 
space
$16,560 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by reppinI85
Like everyone else said you need a specialized degree not fine arts ect. Engineering, Nursing, Finance ect. These students actually graduate with useful knowledge
Finance?

There is massive number of people with finance degrees who are clogging up the market, unless you go to a top tier school your degree is worthless.
 11-23-2012, 06:57 PMaway - #15
mr_underground|m 77 heat pts77

  d 
space
$14,003 | POWERFUL
I don't agree with the people saying "they picked the wrong major" The point is colleges offer those major and market them the same as a degree in computer science. If you compare the number of worthless topics to those of practical use you will see all colleges have waaay more bull#### courses and degrees than they do useful ones.

Using that logic, if you don't want to be a doctor, lawyer, or engineer...your screwed. And if you "strategically pick a major" its based on fear and will usually lead to unhappiness in life.
 11-23-2012, 06:58 PMaway - #16
reppinI85 

  d 
space
$511 | 727104
Originally Posted by Darkdrone
Finance?

There is massive number of people with finance degrees who are clogging up the market, unless you go to a top tier school your degree is worthless.
Well my stance was based off of people I actually knew. People I went to school with that have these degrees including finance have very good jobs
 11-23-2012, 07:04 PMaway - #17
Drone 40 heat pts40

  d 
space
$16,560 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by reppinI85
Well my stance was based off of people I actually knew. People I went to school with that have these degrees including finance have very good jobs
Good job you say? I know a people working in IBM and high tech firms with nothing more than english degrees and sociology degrees. These people maximized their contacts, learned about the upcoming technology and marketed their skill for the position.

What you need to understand is the degree is not that important to high aspect, it is what you can bring to the table, if you have the experience and are you the right fit.

My cousin's best friend is an extremely well paid lawyer and he got a degree in computer science and many people thought he didn't have what it takes to do well in the field.

What these counsellors fail to tell you is you can a good career without having a degree within the field. Ever heard of that stat that 70+% of university students get job not related in their degree? You think every person in Google is a computer engineer or computer scientist? If the company sees you are a valuable they will scoop you up.
 11-23-2012, 07:08 PMaway - #18
reppinI85 

  d 
space
$511 | 727104
Originally Posted by Darkdrone
Good job you say? I know a people working in IBM and high tech firms with nothing more than english degrees and sociology degrees. These people maximized their contacts, learned about the upcoming technology and marketed their skill for the position.

What you need to understand is the degree is not that important to high aspect, it is what you can bring to the table, if you have the experience and are you the right fit.

My cousin's best friend is an extremely well paid lawyer and he got a degree in computer science and many people thought he didn't have what it takes to do well in the field.

What these counsellors fail to tell you is you can a good career without having a degree within the field. Ever heard of that stat that 70+% of university students get job not related in their degree? You think every person in Google is a computer engineer or computer scientist? If the company sees you are a valuable they will scoop you up.
I know bruh. That wasn't really my point but ok
 11-23-2012, 07:09 PMaway - #19
Drone 40 heat pts40

  d 
space
$16,560 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by reppinI85
I know bruh. That wasn't really my point but ok
What was your point? Elaborate.
 11-23-2012, 07:26 PMaway - #20
reppinI85 

  d 
space
$511 | 727104
Originally Posted by Darkdrone
What was your point? Elaborate.
That often times if your resume is being ran through a resume portal to land a job you might need more than a sociology degree. JMO
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Why are Black & Red Jordans called BRED?
70 comments
Image inside  Jul 22 - World’s Second-Richest Man Calls For Three-D..
91 comments
Article inside  Philip Seymour Hoffman didn't want to leave any mone..
77 comments
 NBA Derrick Rose Is Back. Can't Wait. Must See Video
New reply 6 seconds ago - 59 comments - by MikeJones212
 NBA Power Rankings ... In July?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 84 comments - by Hovi Bryant
 BOX Teddy Atlas ''it Makes Me Sick! Lara Won That Fight!''...
New reply 10 seconds ago - 67 comments - by Rich Simmons
 Image(s) inside Soulja Boy Caught Flexin'
New reply 3 minutes ago - 86 comments - by SeattleWon
 Video inside Tameka "tiny" Harris (t.i. Wife) - #wtfygd (...
New reply 1 minute ago - 87 comments - by Fresh Whyte
 NBA Autobiography "shaq Uncut" Tells About Rondo...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 70 comments - by TheFundamentals
 Image(s) inside Dj Mustard - 10 Summers (album Tracklist)
New reply 3 minutes ago - 57 comments - by Fresh Whyte
 Image(s) inside Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods And Kings, Has The Most Bl...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 205 comments - by Marccoogs19

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.