This is BX @ Boxden.com

Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.

Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.
topic by mr_underground - 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

108 comments for "Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide."

11-23-2012, 01:55 PMaway - #2
stizz44 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$648 | 9355142
If could do it all over again, I'd work for a property management company right after high school doing some low level job learning the business and have the company pay for my college classes. I woulda stayed at home and stacked reinvested my money into income properties and started building wealth at age 25 instead of age 30.

But I guess everything happens for a reason, I went to college and graduated in 2004. And if I invested in properties during those years I'd be underwater and on the verge of foreclosure, cuz 2004-2006 was the peak of the market and properties back then were VASTLY over priced!
 11-23-2012, 01:59 PMaway - #3
SHADOW 295 heat pts295

d 
space
$7,413 | POWERFUL
Hell ####ing nooooo

Get a mothafuggin scholarship.

College has been shifting to a cuttthroat money making business;

I hope more and more ppl have successful careers without college, so they dont have to tell kids that college is the only way out

#### dat student loans and debt bs obama where is our bailout?!?
 11-23-2012, 02:13 PMaway - #4
.amberlamps. 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$25,098 | POWERFUL
bish in the devil suit can get the D
 11-23-2012, 02:19 PMaway - #5
ColeWorld 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$8,161 | POWERFUL
That #### is s3xy!

But college is a ####ing scam now but you
Gotta do what you gotta do to increase wealth potential
 11-23-2012, 02:44 PMaway - #6
Venom 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$13,011 | POWERFUL
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?

Last edited by Venom; 11-23-2012 at 02:50 PM..
 11-23-2012, 02:50 PMaway - #7
.amberlamps. 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$25,098 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Venom
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolotuion in biology? art?

think those chinese/indian kids ####ing with those degrees? #### nah, their parents would probably have them k!lled or some ####
 11-23-2012, 03:02 PMaway - #8
xo xo xo 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$3,613 | POWERFUL
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?
Exactly. Personally college is worth it it's just not for everyone. If you decide to go to college make sure it's for a useful degree. Plus no need to go to an expensive college when their are community colleges and then transfer to a senior college.

Last edited by xo xo xo; 11-23-2012 at 03:05 PM..
 11-23-2012, 03:29 PMaway - #9
J Rob 6 heat pts

d 
space
$8,488 | POWERFUL
seems like most of the people who #### about college picked dumb a$s degrees
 11-23-2012, 03:40 PMaway - #10
Pat McGroin 88 heat pts88

d 
space
$1,802 | POWERFUL
its not worth the cost but it is nice to have...I learned more in college than I did highschool
 11-23-2012, 04:16 PMaway - #11
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$4,893 | POWERFUL

Originally Posted by xo xo xo
Exactly. Personally college is worth it it's just not for everyone. If you decide to go to college make sure it's for a useful degree. Plus no need to go to an expensive college when their are community colleges and then transfer to a senior college.
While I was looking at the video I understand why some of them are working at bars and #### look at the majors they chose while they were in college. Personally a lot of majors in college are not even worth it and even if you do go to college whether it's university or community college better make sure you got grants & scholarships b/c the #### is not cheap. I graduate next Spring and once I finish up I'm thinking about calling it wraps unless I can apply for some scholarships but I'm not getting ready to put myself in debt with loans and then up owing the government for the next 10+ years w/interest. Next thing you know you end up working at a minimum wage job trying to pay off student loans...FOH!!!
 11-23-2012, 04:22 PMaway - #12
whouthinkitis 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$4,893 | POWERFUL

11-23-2012, 06:23 PMaway - #13
reppinI85 

d 
space
$511 | 727104
Like everyone else said you need a specialized degree not fine arts ect. Engineering, Nursing, Finance ect. These students actually graduate with useful knowledge
 11-23-2012, 06:27 PMaway - #14
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by reppinI85
Like everyone else said you need a specialized degree not fine arts ect. Engineering, Nursing, Finance ect. These students actually graduate with useful knowledge
Finance?

There is massive number of people with finance degrees who are clogging up the market, unless you go to a top tier school your degree is worthless.
 11-23-2012, 06:57 PMaway - #15
mr_underground|m 84 heat pts84

d 
space
$14,186 | POWERFUL
I don't agree with the people saying "they picked the wrong major" The point is colleges offer those major and market them the same as a degree in computer science. If you compare the number of worthless topics to those of practical use you will see all colleges have waaay more bull#### courses and degrees than they do useful ones.

Using that logic, if you don't want to be a doctor, lawyer, or engineer...your screwed. And if you "strategically pick a major" its based on fear and will usually lead to unhappiness in life.
 11-23-2012, 06:58 PMaway - #16
reppinI85 

d 
space
$511 | 727104
Originally Posted by Darkdrone
Finance?

There is massive number of people with finance degrees who are clogging up the market, unless you go to a top tier school your degree is worthless.
Well my stance was based off of people I actually knew. People I went to school with that have these degrees including finance have very good jobs
 11-23-2012, 07:04 PMaway - #17
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
Well my stance was based off of people I actually knew. People I went to school with that have these degrees including finance have very good jobs
Good job you say? I know a people working in IBM and high tech firms with nothing more than english degrees and sociology degrees. These people maximized their contacts, learned about the upcoming technology and marketed their skill for the position.

What you need to understand is the degree is not that important to high aspect, it is what you can bring to the table, if you have the experience and are you the right fit.

My cousin's best friend is an extremely well paid lawyer and he got a degree in computer science and many people thought he didn't have what it takes to do well in the field.

What these counsellors fail to tell you is you can a good career without having a degree within the field. Ever heard of that stat that 70+% of university students get job not related in their degree? You think every person in Google is a computer engineer or computer scientist? If the company sees you are a valuable they will scoop you up.
 11-23-2012, 07:08 PMaway - #18
reppinI85 

d 
space
$511 | 727104
Good job you say? I know a people working in IBM and high tech firms with nothing more than english degrees and sociology degrees. These people maximized their contacts, learned about the upcoming technology and marketed their skill for the position.

What you need to understand is the degree is not that important to high aspect, it is what you can bring to the table, if you have the experience and are you the right fit.

My cousin's best friend is an extremely well paid lawyer and he got a degree in computer science and many people thought he didn't have what it takes to do well in the field.

What these counsellors fail to tell you is you can a good career without having a degree within the field. Ever heard of that stat that 70+% of university students get job not related in their degree? You think every person in Google is a computer engineer or computer scientist? If the company sees you are a valuable they will scoop you up.
I know bruh. That wasn't really my point but ok
 11-23-2012, 07:09 PMaway - #19
Drone 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$17,093 | POWERFUL
I know bruh. That wasn't really my point but ok
What was your point? Elaborate.
 11-23-2012, 07:26 PMaway - #20
reppinI85 

d 
space
$511 | 727104
What was your point? Elaborate.
That often times if your resume is being ran through a resume portal to land a job you might need more than a sociology degree. JMO

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NCAAF BREAKING: Jameis Winston Suspended
56 comments
NFL Budweiser, VISA, McDonald's and Campbell's Soup not happ..
103 comments
NFL Corn on the Bob injury could be season ending :karmadata..
107 comments
  Name The 3 Biggest Mysteries In Hip Hop
New reply 5 seconds ago - 77 comments - by DASKCREW1
 NFL Breaking: Vikings Place Adrian Peterson On Exempt List
New reply 5 minutes ago - 134 comments - by !!!
 Image(s) inside Kendrick Lamar-i Love Myself Artwork
New reply 2 minutes ago - 68 comments - by RoyceDa59
 NBA Lebron's Hairline, Has Also Come Back Home. (pic)
New reply 5 minutes ago - 87 comments - by TnTbadman
 Article inside 50 Cent Is Bipolar, Torae Says
New reply 4 minutes ago - 67 comments - by ajeana
  Big K.r.i.t.-see Me On Top Vol 4 Anticipation/discussi...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 137 comments - by RoyceDa59
 NCAAF Jameis Winston: F*ck Her Right In The P*ssy
New reply 5 minutes ago - 109 comments - by Bkjj11
 NFL Brandon Marshall Of Chicago Bears Being Accused Of Pun...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 89 comments - by ant30ant33

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.