This is BX @ Boxden.com

if you had $100,000 in your bank account, how would you invest it?

if you had $100,000 in your bank account, how would you invest it?
topic by Ed Bundy - 05-22-2010, 05:41 PM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

i would just like to point out that i DONT have that money in my account, this is just a fantasy topic

but what would you put $100,000 into that is almost a guaranteed way to make fast money?

a club would be my vote...

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

69 comments for "if you had $100,000 in your bank account, how would you invest it?"

05-22-2010, 05:58 PMonline - #2
o7media 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,401 | POWERFUL
stock market
 05-22-2010, 07:59 PMaway - #3
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466
Originally Posted by o7media
stock market
thats a great way to lose it all...

might as well take it and put it on a spin of the roulette wheel...

maybe i shouldve specified ...think of the 100k as your LIFE SAVINGS...youre not a millionaire with 100k to toss out like nothing...the 100k is your life savings...what do you do with it? would you really wanna put it all in the stock market?
 05-22-2010, 08:32 PMonline - #4
o7media 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,401 | POWERFUL
it's only a great way to lose it all if you don't know what you're doing...

and that goes with anything. the stock market is NOTHING like throwing it at a roulette wheel. investing is not gambling.
 05-22-2010, 09:02 PMaway - #5
TiPZ 

d 
space
$7,114 | 16056693
it's only a great way to lose it all if you don't know what you're doing...

and that goes with anything. the stock market is NOTHING like throwing it at a roulette wheel. investing is not gambling.
tell this fool media
 05-22-2010, 09:11 PMaway - #6
Abel 

d 
space
$861 | 2339774
I would buy 5 houses and rent them out for 2 years then sell it if the market is better!

I would open a teen club open only on weekends 15.00 for entrance/ i dont have to spend money for a alcohol lisence and teen clubs is limited in Orlando...

I would open a small coffee/ donut cafe on a college campus with wifi...

I would sell knock off designer sunglasses in the mall and beaches... 20 a pair sold when i get them for less than a dollar in bulk!

I will buy me a laser ink press machine to create custom T-shirts with disney/seaworld/ random images for kids and tourists to buy in the Orlando area...

Thanks all i can think of in the 5 minutes i have...
 05-22-2010, 09:46 PMonline - #7
bookerx3 6 heat pts

d 
space
$889 | 7018985
I would buy some properties. Fix and flip some and lease option or rent others.
 05-22-2010, 10:15 PMonline - #8
o7media 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,401 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TiPZ
tell this fool media
lol these cats just don't know...

i turned 2k into 11k this past week. even though i ####ed up on friday .. monday - thursday was over a 500% gain

imagine if i had taken his hypothetical 100k and had a 500% return on that in 4 days.

you can turn 100k into a million in a week in the markets. trust me ed, investing is not gambling. there's a strategy to it.
 05-22-2010, 10:49 PMaway - #9
RealWorldSht 

d 
space
$3,145 | 14955980

i turned 2k into 11k this past week. even though i ####ed up on friday .. monday - thursday was over a 500% gain

imagine if i had taken his hypothetical 100k and had a 500% return on that in 4 days.
So essentially you are saying your trading strategy (penny stocks?) is has no limitations regarding scale?

Because whilst there are 500% return trades out there, I don't think they exist so frequently in the $100k range, and even if they do, its due to considerable volatility, which is essence is like taking a gamble.

you can turn 100k into a million in a week in the markets. trust me ed, investing is not gambling. there's a strategy to it.
You can, but who does? Maybe a few dozen if not hundreds, yet how many of them keep it?

I'm not saying high returns arn't out there, but they're undoubtedly a$sociated with higher levels of risk.

If trading were that easy, then there would be significantly more prop traders than there is now.

Also given that trading (day trading at least) is zero sum game, that indicates that not everyone is a winner.
 05-22-2010, 10:51 PMaway - #10
MadGam325 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$10,216 | POWERFUL
^^intelligent viewpoint.
Posted via Mobile Device
 05-22-2010, 11:22 PMonline - #11
mr_underground|m 98 heat pts98

d 
space
$14,370 | POWERFUL
If you had 100k it would be very foolish to put it in the stock market, very foolish...

for one its ultra risky because you have no control, real estate is better because of the control, the stock market isn't bad, but its a side thing, never a main thing. Its just a dumb idea to put your money in a place you have no control over, thats better for discretionary income, that you can say "aw, damn" if you lose but no cry over.

if that was all I had in my account...I would probably start low overhead business or businesses. Then learn sales and marketing by going to seminar and getting products aka investing in myself, then take it from their. That way I have control over my destiny. I have well over 300k worth of education on a lot of topics and that allows me to move more freely.

I say that because I'm kinda lazy and don't like anything that resembles a job. Day trading reminds me to much of a job and the hope and pray mentality.

I would rather buy a hot dog cart businesses or something and pay someone to run it and collect 1/3 the daily money than invest in the stock market and wait. Because I can market my hot dog stand from home and build signs and do all kinds of controllable things. Then I can start 40 hot dog cart businesses and really lay back.
 05-22-2010, 11:49 PMaway - #12
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466

weve talked before about stocks, i even asked you for some advice because i was interested in getting into it...but you never directed me in the right path...

im interested in learning...if i learn the business, maybe in the future when i have big amounts of money to play with, i will invest some in stocks..but i would never invest all my money in them...

what kind of businesses are good? how about clubs/bars/lounges?

Last edited by Ed Bundy; 05-22-2010 at 11:51 PM..
 05-22-2010, 11:55 PMaway - #13
Ed Bundy 

d 
space
$1,570 | 7041466
Originally Posted by mr_underground
If you had 100k it would be very foolish to put it in the stock market, very foolish...

for one its ultra risky because you have no control, real estate is better because of the control, the stock market isn't bad, but its a side thing, never a main thing. Its just a dumb idea to put your money in a place you have no control over, thats better for discretionary income, that you can say "aw, damn" if you lose but no cry over.

if that was all I had in my account...I would probably start low overhead business or businesses. Then learn sales and marketing by going to seminar and getting products aka investing in myself, then take it from their. That way I have control over my destiny. I have well over 300k worth of education on a lot of topics and that allows me to move more freely.

I say that because I'm kinda lazy and don't like anything that resembles a job. Day trading reminds me to much of a job and the hope and pray mentality.

I would rather buy a hot dog cart businesses or something and pay someone to run it and collect 1/3 the daily money than invest in the stock market and wait. Because I can market my hot dog stand from home and build signs and do all kinds of controllable things. Then I can start 40 hot dog cart businesses and really lay back.
some people might laugh, but hes right....i dont know where youre from, but here in NY this is a GREAT idea...i know a couple guys that make around $2000 a day from their stand...the problem is it takes years to get the permit that allows you to put your cart on the corner.

i would love to own one and just pay for the supplies/employees and just sit back and collect the rest.
 05-23-2010, 12:41 AMonline - #14
dj X 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$13,498 | POWERFUL
How about I give someone 2K and if I get 11K in return.. i'll let them keep 3K

seriously!!
 05-23-2010, 05:45 AMaway - #15
Vagnum 

d 
space
$3,617 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ed Bundy
but what would you put $100,000 into that is almost a guaranteed way to make fast money?
your question should be how can i loose fast money. ;)

puttin 100k as save as i can in any period of time and market.
 05-23-2010, 05:48 AMaway - #16
little ms riot 5 heat pts

d 
space
$5,875 | 6882641
Real estate. Land.
 05-23-2010, 06:42 AMonline - #17
o7media 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,401 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RealWorldSht
So essentially you are saying your trading strategy (penny stocks?) is has no limitations regarding scale?

Because whilst there are 500% return trades out there, I don't think they exist so frequently in the $100k range, and even if they do, its due to considerable volatility, which is essence is like taking a gamble.

You can, but who does? Maybe a few dozen if not hundreds, yet how many of them keep it?

I'm not saying high returns arn't out there, but they're undoubtedly a$sociated with higher levels of risk.

If trading were that easy, then there would be significantly more prop traders than there is now.

Also given that trading (day trading at least) is zero sum game, that indicates that not everyone is a winner.

No, I'm not talking about penny stocks. Yes, you could essentially make high returns in penny stocks as well...but I trade index options, ETF options, and stock options. As well as some big board and penny stocks.

I know someone who turned 5k into what is currently about 900k just in penny stocks in about 3 years.

There is not as much risk as people make it out to be. If you know what you're doing, you can limit risks. You hedge your positions, you use stop losses, etc.

Vagnum, you know Gambler on HSM right? He turned 10k into what is now 500k in the stock market. Now he's rich making huge money on a consistent basis.

I never said trading were easy. It's not easy. I've been doing for it about a year now full time..but it took me a while to learn everything, develop a strategy, etc. I wasn't making a ton of money when I first started out. But I stuck with it, and I improved.

Nothing comes easy in life. I didn't say you would become an over night millionaire in the markets. Yes you CAN turn 100k into a million in 1 day, but the odds are you won't. Especially if you're new at it. But over time, you can turn 100k into a million easily.

Last edited by o7media; 05-23-2010 at 07:07 AM..
 05-23-2010, 07:03 AMonline - #18
o7media 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,401 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mr_underground

Very foolish? Tell that to Warren Buffet.

Ultra risky? Have you ever invested in the markets? Do you know anything about stocks?

Real estate is riskier than stocks. What happened to the people who invested in real estate before the housing market went to ####? They lost the majority of their investment. In stocks, if you see a stock going down, you can sell immediately and minimize your losses to 5% if you wanted to. It's a click of a button away. How about real estate? Do you have buyers lined up willing to buy your house right away? I don't think so.
 05-23-2010, 07:10 AMonline - #19
o7media 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,401 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ed Bundy
weve talked before about stocks, i even asked you for some advice because i was interested in getting into it...but you never directed me in the right path...

im interested in learning...if i learn the business, maybe in the future when i have big amounts of money to play with, i will invest some in stocks..but i would never invest all my money in them...

what kind of businesses are good? how about clubs/bars/lounges?
Okay, well I told you to go to investopedia.com and read up...that's all I can do. I've gotten tons of PM's from people on here and have told them all the same thing.

You have to learn. It's up to you to learn. I can't hold your hand through the process.

If you're not willing to take the time out and educate yourself on whatever you're looking to get into, then you'll never get anywhere. That goes with anything. If you wanted to get into a business, you'd have to learn the ins and outs of the business too...but if you're not willing to put in the time and effort, you won't be successful.
 05-23-2010, 09:50 AMonline - #20
mr_underground|m 98 heat pts98

d 
space
$14,370 | POWERFUL
Very foolish? Tell that to Warren Buffet.

Ultra risky? Have you ever invested in the markets? Do you know anything about stocks?

Real estate is riskier than stocks. What happened to the people who invested in real estate before the housing market went to ####? They lost the majority of their investment. In stocks, if you see a stock going down, you can sell immediately and minimize your losses to 5% if you wanted to. It's a click of a button away. How about real estate? Do you have buyers lined up willing to buy your house right away? I don't think so.
Thats not Warrens only source of income or business, its only one of them. To put your money their with no other a$sets...thats not a good idea...I've invested in the markets, won some, lost some, but its ok because of the other sources. All I'm saying is its a bad idea to all your egg in a fast moving basket like that. The learning curve is to steep, and you can lose anything at anytime, a earthquake can destroy your real estate too. If you don't think real estate is still a more sound choice if possible, ask Ray kroc the founder of mcdonlads, he did start it to feed people, that business bought a ####load of real estate for lasting wealth.

Personally I would rather collect checks every month without doing anything because I put forth effort early on, than to constantly watch the markets, I would rather watch the markets part-time and use play money personally.

So i'm not bashing the market itself, I compare it my world of marketing and advertising, if you think you can just start an adwords account, start bidding and you're going get tons of traffic most likely you're going to lose all your money because of the learning curve and what a mistake costs. I think its the same in markets, start small and learn the ropes before invest large amounts....investing large amounts in something you know nothing about and isn't straight forward is kinda dumb IMO. Real Estate doesn't move as fast as the market so its easier for a beginner IMO.

Last edited by mr_underground; 05-23-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Tim Cook: Apple CEO Says He's 'Proud' to Be Gay and ..
50 comments
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
79 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
80 comments
 Video inside Why This Old Nigga Was Stoppin Sh-t Like He Was Goku?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 64 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 108 comments - by The Bully
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 102 comments - by YungPrinceNY
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 6 minutes ago - 212 comments - by SpazzOut
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 209 comments - by NoLastName
 NBA Reddit User Digs Up Old Tweets From Players
New reply 24 minutes ago - 74 comments - by Wardell Curry II
 Video inside 10 Hours Of Walking Around Nyc As A Woman (ny Niggas A...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 316 comments - by Tastemaker331
  Ign Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
New reply 26 minutes ago - 96 comments - by boobizzy

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,798 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.