This is BX @ Boxden.com

How to get rich people to invest in your ideas?

How to get rich people to invest in your ideas?
topic by Street Baptist - 10-31-2010, 12:42 AM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

What are some suggestion?

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

19 comments for "How to get rich people to invest in your ideas?"

10-31-2010, 03:15 AMaway - #2
j_k1dd 8 heat pts

d 
space
$2,157 | 13173521
Don't come up with a completely stupid idea.

After you get over that, you have to understand your flaws of your "idea".

Knowing you're flaws, is better than knowing what its uses are.

Finally, don't try to sell your idea, unless you can start making some sort of progress within weeks.
 10-31-2010, 08:18 AMaway - #3
40ozHenny 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$2,570 | POWERFUL
A very good and detailed business plan that shows them how much they need to invest, how much of a return their investment will make them, and how quick they will see that return. The business plan has to show them how your going to do such.
 10-31-2010, 08:58 AMaway - #4
o7media 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$11,829 | POWERFUL
It depends on what your idea is. It could be a business like the others explained above or it could be a product. If you're trying to invent a new product and want someone to invest in it or even buy the actual design from you then it's a little different.

In this situation you would first have to create some kind of a prototype to show potential investors. Make sure you talk to a lawyer and get it patented and copyrighted first. Because if you don't do that and you pitch the idea to investors there's nothing stopping them from just stealing your idea.

After that create a business plan, create some packaging designs. Find out what the potential is for that product based on other similar successful products currently on the market.

When all that is said and done you just need to pitch your idea to investors or a company that specializes in your product. (if you are trying to sell your idea). But, I'm a$suming you would prefer royalties rather than someone just buying it.
 10-31-2010, 04:00 PMaway - #5
Metalzoa 

d 
space
$15,789 | POWERFUL
Start with a good idea.

Every good idea has investors lined up around the corner wanting to take part in it.
 10-31-2010, 04:04 PMaway - #6
Keno024 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,358 | 10212031
#1 Don't address them as rich people.
#2 Presentation is everything
#3 It has to make money, they're not going to invest in anything that they won't see a return.
 11-02-2010, 11:51 PMaway - #7
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,725 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by o7media
It depends on what your idea is. It could be a business like the others explained above or it could be a product. If you're trying to invent a new product and want someone to invest in it or even buy the actual design from you then it's a little different.

In this situation you would first have to create some kind of a prototype to show potential investors. Make sure you talk to a lawyer and get it patented and copyrighted first. Because if you don't do that and you pitch the idea to investors there's nothing stopping them from just stealing your idea.

After that create a business plan, create some packaging designs. Find out what the potential is for that product based on other similar successful products currently on the market.

When all that is said and done you just need to pitch your idea to investors or a company that specializes in your product. (if you are trying to sell your idea). But, I'm a$suming you would prefer royalties rather than someone just buying it.
start playing golf...
 11-03-2010, 02:20 AMaway - #8
iAM2 

d 
space
$166 | 238456
ponzi scheme them ni##as..
 11-03-2010, 02:42 AMaway - #9
StatisticZ 1 heat pts

d 
space
$13,564 | 19113085
Gotta learn to sell your ideas. That's basically all it is. Sell that ####. That's how you hustle anyone. #### I had a graphic design client coming to me for one thing and I talked them into another thing that was $200 more. Though at the same token it was a better plan for their project than they had, just more expensive.
 11-20-2010, 02:13 AMaway - #10
jbhits 

d 
space
$181 | 14459
Originally Posted by Street Baptist
What are some suggestion?
It's good that you are even taking the time to ask about this. most people get an idea and are either too lazy or too skeptical of themselves to even reach out for suggestions as to proceed. I agree with most of the people who said "start with a good idea." this is the HARDEST PART!

Good luck on your business endeavors.
 11-20-2010, 04:17 PMaway - #11
Woodwin 2 heat pts

d 
space
$5,039 | 10303966
1. Have a solid idea

Presentation is prolly key u gotta have charisma...i seen ni##as talked into half a$sed ideas but because the way a person brings it across can change peoples mind. Gotta sell ur idea like its the best thing in the world...easy to say but another thing to execute it
 11-20-2010, 04:25 PMaway - #12
Jayg36 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$5,799 | POWERFUL
First you wanna write up a business plan. There are a lot of sections to a business plan. The book "Exploring Business" by Karen Collins explains how to set it up.

The key to getting someone to invest is to have a good marketing strategy(shows how you plan to get your product sold) and have a projected ROI (Return of Investment) date.
 11-20-2010, 10:05 PMaway - #13
Spid3yo 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,425 | 19908530
Idea's have nothing to do with it....your job is to sell yourself and schmooze them. Most super rich people i've met only care about how good they look in front of others. If you have something to offer them in terms of power or status you'll be more likely to get their backing.
 11-20-2010, 10:40 PMaway - #14
NYcrepa 

d 
space
$975 | 1035132
Originally Posted by 40ozHenny
A very good and detailed business plan that shows them how much they need to invest, how much of a return their investment will make them, and how quick they will see that return. The business plan has to show them how your going to do such.
this is good but in my experience I've learned that u need to be brief and concise. The business model has changed. You either need to have your company moving or a precise executive summary. Time is money. Normally, if u can't explain something to someone in 30 minutes- top to bottom, u are off target. The longer u talk, the more there is a chance u have to say something wrong.

Friend my company Jesus Juice Coature on Facebook.
Follow on Twitter. JJC_NOW

GOD bless.
 11-22-2010, 06:07 AMaway - #15
Metalzoa 

d 
space
$15,789 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Spid3yo
Idea's have nothing to do with it....your job is to sell yourself and schmooze them. Most super rich people i've met only care about how good they look in front of others. If you have something to offer them in terms of power or status you'll be more likely to get their backing.
Style without substance is what conmen do. If your goal is just to collect money then by all means leave the idea out of it. But that's the dumbest thing you can do if you want to really make money.

Your presentation needs to be critical, but you have to present something that works. I can't stress that fact over and over again enough times, honestly. If people can make sense of it, you don't need to convince them much. They'll be lining up and around the block because in their head they can see how the money comes in. At that point you'll be choosing WHO you think is worthy of investing in your business cause you can't let everyone do it.
 12-04-2010, 10:27 PMaway - #16
junglejesus 

d 
space
$5 | 0
interesting,
 12-04-2010, 11:33 PMaway - #17
BlueGray 

d 
space
$395 | 755818
There are lots of different ways to raise capital that I've been reading about (because I too am looking to have people invest in my business idea once I graduate from college). Like some people have said in this thread, you need a good business plan. There's different scenarios for how long the plan should be too. Like if you're just trying get any and everyone to notice it first off, the plan you send them needs to be very to the point (like probably no more than a page or two). Then if any of the investors you send it to wants to know more, you need to go into a little more detail with that first plan you sent them (probably 5-10 pages). And then if they call you in when you know they're really interested in investing in your idea, you need to come up with a completely detailed plan...but like somebody else said in here, when you're presenting it, it still needs to be summarized to probably no longer than 30 minutes. Cuz like dude said, time is money and these investors have way more to deal with than just your idea on a daily basis.

You also need to just start making connects too...especially with people in the area of business you are interested in getting into. There more than likely will be people that would invest in your idea if they think it's a good one that don't want a money profit in return. Some people have money and like investing in good ideas because they may have passion for that area of work, they like seeing community development, they may want to become a partner with you, etc.

Also know that most investors won't invest in your idea if they know you haven't really invested in much of it yourself. You really need to have est@blished a good history of credit and some type of experience in running a business previously. A good track record is one of the main things they look for.

Other ways of raising capital and/or saving repayment money for your idea include commercial and small business loans and lending, leasing option, government loan programs, etc.

Hope this helps a little.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Andrew Wiggins' girl
64 comments
Image inside  The Official "I thought this actor was gonna blow up...
131 comments
NFL Ray Rice will reportedly argue that TMZ edited elevator ..
61 comments
 Image(s) inside Progress: Interracial Wedding In Rural Southern Georgia
New reply 3 minutes ago - 101 comments - by Trill Gates
 NFL The Official Sh-ttsburgh Steelers Vs Carolina Panthers...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 477 comments - by ghettofied
  Unconfirmed Theories/opinions/rumors In Hip Hop You Pe...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 152 comments - by True Sinister
  The Best Era In Hip Hop = 1997-2005 (?)
New reply 41 minutes ago - 138 comments - by Littlefinger1
 Video inside Fashawn Reacts To Nipsey Hussle's $100 Mixtape, Says &...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Bet Hip Hop Awards - Url Cypher
New reply 1 hour ago - 88 comments - by ZeusSlaps
 NBA Kobe Lost A 1-on-1 Matchup To A Highschool Kid In China
New reply 30 minutes ago - 53 comments - by MikeJones212
 NBA Wade & Union Joint Statement On Nude Pictures
New reply 1 hour ago - 138 comments - by Dray

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.