Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Got Bad Credit?? Need It Fixed??

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
1122 viewing
 Real or fake? The undertaker sues meek mill
28 comments
most viewed right now
275 viewing
Celebrities react to Meek Mill's Wanna Know
277 comments

top in section
194 viewing
Meek Mill - Wanna Know (Lyrics)
top in hiphop
top in section
46 viewing
 Image inside Teen mom planned to bury son in a hole then go to IHOP
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Got Bad Credit?? Need It Fixed??
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #461
rek0nize 57 heat pts57 space
space
$8,623 | POWERFUL
BlueGray said:
Is there anything you can do if a collection agency takes the debt you owe to court and they plan to start garnishing your wages??
Call them and work out a payment plan before it goes all the way to the court.

How old is the debt you owe?? If its passed your states statue of limitations they won't win in court.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #462
BlueGray  space
space
$409 | 755819
Some of it's already went to court. So I'm a.ssuming there's nothing I can do about that, correct?

Also, like 4 years ago I signed up for a Best Buy credit card and purchased a laptop for a friend with that card because he said he would pay me back. At that time, he was the reason why I had the great paying job that I had and he had the same exact job too so I knew he would have the money to pay me back.

Long story short, I moved back to my original home state and he ended up going to prison and this card was never paid off. When he got out of prison, I was receiving non-stop calls from a collector that they finally called me one time while he was around me and I told them the story and gave him the phone and listened in while he explained to them how he would take over the debt in his name and to take it off my name and not bother me anymore about it. I never received another phone call or letter or anything from them again until earlier this year when I got a court letter saying I was being sued by them. I went to the courthouse and wrote a letter explaining the situation (because I guess that's the process you have to do if you want to dispute the case). Didn't hear another thing from it again until like 2 weeks ago saying basically that my claim has no substantial premise to their ruling and that I now owe basically twice as much as the laptop was originally worth with the interest that has accrued with it.

Is there anything I could do now about this or am I fu*ked because I was stupid and trusted a piece of sh*t friend when I shouldn't have?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #463
DaForce13 20 heat pts20 space
**PK k!llAS**
space
$4,181 | POWERFUL
tymaxwell said:
none of the lins working my friend.. can you repost them?
word... this needs to get reported ASAP
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #464
HULK2184  space
~Untouchable~
space
$692 | 1871151
I started a debt relief program about 2 years ago and I had 3 CC that i was not able to pay. So i did the sh+tty program and i have paid all the collectors off. Now about 6 months ago i check my credit report and had bad marks. So i disputed them and now they say
Date ---------- 5/16/2012 ---------- 10/16/2012
Condition:-----------Derogatory---------- Paid
Balance:------------$8,034 ------------ $0 (-$8,034)
Type: ---------- Credit Card ---------- Credit Card
Pay Status:---------Collection/Chargeoff---------- Current
Past Due: ----------$8,034 ------------ $0

AND AT THE BOTTOM SAYS

Remarks: (BEFOR)Charged off as bad debt Canceled by credit grantor
(NOW IT SAYS)Settled - less than full
balance

Any thoughts on this? Is this still bad even no it says PAID and $0 balance? And what about the Remarks? What should i do now? im stuck. my other two accounts look about the same besides one remark has "Purchased by another lender". Plz help me with your inputs

THANKS PROPS

Last edited by HULK2184; 12-01-2012 at 09:52 AM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #465
THNKS 2 heat pts space
space
$1,942 | 0
smurfdoran said:
Business Credit
Athlete Credit
Off-shore Banking
Personal Credit

Manage Correct and improve Credit

to inquire contact Alicia Clark

at
GTFO!!!

anyway...propz to shizz for starting the thread...propz to rekonize for continuing it...and everyone in between for their input...classic thread!!!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #466
smurfdoran 24 heat pts24 space
space
$2,796 | 13330181
Have you looked at the site? Check it out before you comment. It is guaranteed to improve your score.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #467
Duntaz 27 heat pts27 space
That n*gga 3000
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
smurfdoran said:
Have you looked at the site? Check it out before you comment. It is guaranteed to improve your score.
and what exactly do they do for you again?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #468
Young_Paid  space
space
$101 | 300550
Question, Ive had two checking accounts closed because of overdrafts fees. I am willing to pay now. Should I send a pay for deletion letter first or validate the debt first? Thx
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #469
PrisonRules 56 heat pts56 space
Haters gonna Hater
space
$20,937 | POWERFUL
rek0nize said:
^

Back in the day I was served as well for 4,500.

You can either...
A: Go and 100 percent money back guarantee lose anyway and owe them and waste your time showing up.
B. Not show up, and default/lose automatically and owe them anyway.

I just didn't show up because I KNEW that was my debt, so there was nothing to f!ght.

Now since you're being sued you will have to pay this one way or another as I did, unless you turn into a bum and live under a bridge to dodge 1,500 which obviously isn't the best option.

Your best bet is to get on the phone tomorrow to the people sueing you and try your hardest to set up payment arrangements with them for whatever amount you can agree on in hopes they will drop the court case.

If they refuse and proceed with the court case just don't show and you will default and THEN you can set up payment arrangements with them and start paying. Once they sue and win, they can get their money at all costs. Garnish your paycheck and for an amount that you probably wont like so it's best to just make payment arrangmenet's to keep that from happening.

If you're not employed right now and low on cash, don't worry too much about it as they won't have a means to take money from you till you get employment. Don't set up payment arrangements until you know you are able to make the payment each month.

It sucks I know, 10 years ago i had 18 bad debts that I owed. I was lucky enough to only get sued once out of those 18 times so I ended up only having to pay off 1 thing and let everything else fall off my credit report.
i had to sue someone here and won. only thing about that is when you win, they make the debtor fill out a financial disclosure form and the courts dont verify it. so the n*gga can say hes unemployed, or self employed and makes $0 a month. or $1000 a month. basically the n*gga can say w/e he wants and if you dont know where the n*gga works then you are out of luck b/c you wont be able to garnish anything. and any bank accounts the debtor has, of course after putting his accounts on the financial disclosure, hes gonna leave the court and close those accounts so you wont be able to get at that money.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #470
Shizz|M  space
I'm Even SICK in PINK!!!
space
$7,107 | 12932672
BlueGray said:
Some of it's already went to court. So I'm a.ssuming there's nothing I can do about that, correct?

Also, like 4 years ago I signed up for a Best Buy credit card and purchased a laptop for a friend with that card because he said he would pay me back. At that time, he was the reason why I had the great paying job that I had and he had the same exact job too so I knew he would have the money to pay me back.

Long story short, I moved back to my original home state and he ended up going to prison and this card was never paid off. When he got out of prison, I was receiving non-stop calls from a collector that they finally called me one time while he was around me and I told them the story and gave him the phone and listened in while he explained to them how he would take over the debt in his name and to take it off my name and not bother me anymore about it. I never received another phone call or letter or anything from them again until earlier this year when I got a court letter saying I was being sued by them. I went to the courthouse and wrote a letter explaining the situation (because I guess that's the process you have to do if you want to dispute the case). Didn't hear another thing from it again until like 2 weeks ago saying basically that my claim has no substantial premise to their ruling and that I now owe basically twice as much as the laptop was originally worth with the interest that has accrued with it.

Is there anything I could do now about this or am I fu*ked because I was stupid and trusted a piece of sh*t friend when I shouldn't have?

Sadly enough.. your didnt have anything in writing and getting recording is pointless unless you have a court ordered letter.

You can write the original collector and tell them that you will pay the original amount owed directly to them to have the debt removed and they will usually take it.. but you will have to pay it in full. ( ALWAYS GET WRITTEN PROOF OF ANYTHING)

HULK2184 said:
I started a debt relief program about 2 years ago and I had 3 CC that i was not able to pay. So i did the sh+tty program and i have paid all the collectors off. Now about 6 months ago i check my credit report and had bad marks. So i disputed them and now they say
Date ---------- 5/16/2012 ---------- 10/16/2012
Condition:-----------Derogatory---------- Paid
Balance:------------$8,034 ------------ $0 (-$8,034)
Type: ---------- Credit Card ---------- Credit Card
Pay Status:---------Collection/Chargeoff---------- Current
Past Due: ----------$8,034 ------------ $0

AND AT THE BOTTOM SAYS

Remarks: (BEFOR)Charged off as bad debt Canceled by credit grantor
(NOW IT SAYS)Settled - less than full
balance

Any thoughts on this? Is this still bad even no it says PAID and $0 balance? And what about the Remarks? What should i do now? im stuck. my other two accounts look about the same besides one remark has "Purchased by another lender". Plz help me with your inputs

THANKS PROPS
If it say that its Settled then your fine.. Its not hurting you just blemishes now. You can write a "GOOD WILL " letter and give them a sob story and try to get them to remove it. but ti has to be a GOOD STORY lol...

if it states that it was purchased by another lender and it hasnt yet shown up.. worry becuase it will. they usually hold on to sh*t and then post it back up with some crazy numbers. need to handle that before that happens. that like two companies d!cking you for the same account..

Young_Paid said:
Question, Ive had two checking accounts closed because of overdrafts fees. I am willing to pay now. Should I send a pay for deletion letter first or validate the debt first? Thx
when you dealing with bank accounts you don't need a validate debt letter that will validate automatically.. You just need to pay it off and then send a letter of deletion with the payment stating if this check #XXXX is cashed than you are by stated the debt is paid in full and thus agreeing to have such debt removed from my report...

Sorry Ive been MIA... got alot of work ive been doing... But if you need me just shoot me a PM>...
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #471
That n*gga 3000
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
sportyloc107 said:
hello i finally checked my credit report for the first time ever using anuual credit report. i have a credit score of 592. all i have open in collections on my report is a at&t account with a balance of $131. and a closed/paid account from the dfs gov of $1500. the dfs gov account was paid in full in 2008. two are the only two things in the negatives section. i have 3 accounts in the good standing section. 2 loans payed off and a car loan from ally that i have never missed a payment on. i recently applied for 4 or 5 different credit cards in one day not know that it shows up on my credit report. i was denied all five cards. i need help on helping fix my situation. i need all the help i can get. thanks!
Apply for a secured credit card at a credit union or your current bank. In the future when paying off an account ask for the debit to be delete from your credit in writing. Otherwise it will remain on your report even though it was paid. Credit unions usually do credit checks also but you can apply for one that does a soft pull to get in. Although most do a hard pull nowadays & after applying for so many cards you might want to fall back All those credit inquiries aren't good for your credit.

Last edited by Duntaz; 05-08-2013 at 12:46 AM..
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #472
M2CEO 19 heat pts19 space
space
$1,808 | 18022962
Hit up this company:

RMCN
972-984-5117

ask to speak to D.Chitman

This is going to take a lil discipline/scarifice from your end, but in 2-3 months your credit will be clean and positive. trust me!
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #473
MrBanga  space
space
$234 | 1299870
rek0nize said:
Call them and work out a payment plan before it goes all the way to the court.

How old is the debt you owe?? If its passed your states statue of limitations they won't win in court.

[pic - click to view]

Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #474
CarlozRossi 36 heat pts36 space
#RIPJacka
space
$4,091 | POWERFUL
ayo i was looking at my credit report and it shows i owe 3k for some medical sh*t back in 2011. The
only thing i could think of is it has to due with a trip to the hospital when i got hurt at my old job. The company gave me paper work to take to the hospital so i thought everything was all good. How do
i go about disputing that? I dont work for that company anymore.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #475
LYTE 66 heat pts66 space
space
$11,344 | POWERFUL
If I would of knew that this was going to be a blemishes, I would of paid the difference to pay it in full. Anyway, is it possible to get it paid in full & change the status to Paid in Full?

also do utilities & medical bills pop up on c.reports?
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #476
rek0nize 57 heat pts57 space
space
$8,623 | POWERFUL
LYTE said:
If I would of knew that this was going to be a blemishes, I would of paid the difference to pay it in full. Anyway, is it possible to get it paid in full & change the status to Paid in Full?

Lyte, whether you paid in full or took their settlement, it will still be considered a negative on the credit report. You paid it, which is good as you owned up to your debt, but if you're not being sued it's best to just let it fall off and don't pay them anything. They will fall off 7 years from first delinquency.

Yes, utilities and medical bills can show up on credit reports. They usually will sell them off at some point and report it to the 3 major credit reporting agencies.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #477
specialk103185 71 heat pts71 space
space
$6,755 | POWERFUL
LYTE said:

It doesnt matter whether it was paid in full or paid in settlement, the damage to your credit score will be the same. Utilities and medical bills show up on your credit reports it often takes a little while longer for the medical bills tho.

In response to the dude above me, in some cases, it's better to pay a debt then to let it fall off. For example, let's say you have a sprint bill for an account that you closed 5 years ago. It's been sitting on your credit report and you can't wait for the 7 year mark so it will either go away on it's own or so that you can tell the credit folks to remove it. Well you are gambling because at the 6 year mark, it may be transferred to a collection agency that now puts their own account on your credit report. That starts the process all over again for how long it takes for it to fall off the credit report and for that time your score is damaged because you have 2 bad accounts on your report instead of one that just says paid.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #478
LYTE 66 heat pts66 space
space
$11,344 | POWERFUL
rek0nize said:
Lyte, whether you paid in full or took their settlement, it will still be considered a negative on the credit report. You paid it, which is good as you owned up to your debt, but if you're not being sued it's best to just let it fall off and don't pay them anything. They will fall off 7 years from first delinquency.

Yes, utilities and medical bills can show up on credit reports. They usually will sell them off at some point and report it to the 3 major credit reporting agencies.
good to know. I thought them seeing PAID IN FULL will look better but now seeing that it is still a NEGATIVE I know now.

specialk103185 said:
Utilities and medical bills show up on your credit reports it often takes a little while longer for the medical bills tho.

In response to the dude above me, in some cases, it's better to pay a debt then to let it fall off. For example, let's say you have a sprint bill for an account that you closed 5 years ago. It's been sitting on your credit report and you can't wait for the 7 year mark so it will either go away on it's own or so that you can tell the credit folks to remove it. Well you are gambling because at the 6 year mark, it may be transferred to a collection agency that now puts their own account on your credit report. That starts the process all over again for how long it takes for it to fall off the credit report and for that time your score is damaged because you have 2 bad accounts on your report instead of one that just says paid.
also good to know. Not that I will allow that to happen. I only asked do utilities show up because I didnt see my cell phone up there & I had the service since May 2004
Unread 2 years agoclass of '13 - away - #479
Jaidon05 5 heat pts space
HxmeWxxdR3sident
space
$138 | 0
rek0nize said:
Well, you definitely have to get your student loans took care of and back on track with paying. You will not be able to file those under the bankruptcy.

Depending on which state you live in, each state has a Statue Of Limitation's which means you can't be sued after so many years from the first time you went delinquent on payments which is 90 days with no payment. All states are either 2,4, or 6 years, I can tell you which yours is if you let me know which state you're from.

For example, if your state is 4 years, and it is passed the 4 years, they are unable to sue you EVER. After that time you don't LEGALLY own that debt anymore, but they can still try to call/mail or whatever they want to do, to try and recover that money from you. It's nothing a Phone number change won't fix though, to stop a life time of calls.

Never ever file bankruptcy unless you absolutely HAVE to. If you get sued over some 10k or 20k item then yeah that would be your best bet, because they would win and start detaching wages. Once you file bankruptcy your 7 years will start all over again from the day it goes through.

I a.ssume some of your debts you owe are older and may fall off in a few years which is way better than restarting the time line on everything by filing for bankruptcy.

How much are some of the debts you owe, and how long has it been since your last payment on them?

Rek, I've forgotten my old login info.. I can't send pms just yet being I started this new account but. I am back on track with my student loans, Although they did start the wage attachments. I called AES and struck a deal where they hit me for 183 a month for 7 months I think before I can't get my account out of default. I've noticed a repo, car insurance from progressive( I've had insurance than canceled with-in a week and went to another company ) A gas company for some odd reason even tho they tell me I can still do business with a 90 dollar deposit BOA debit card that I canceled? Kay Jewelers dept card 900 but only had a 750 limit? SPRINT showed up twice for two different charges and account numbers. Verizon twice with two different account total= 200 bucks if that. Two other accounts I can't really remember for what but was bought by NCO... 5th 3rd bank for some odd reason is saying i owe them over 500 dollars when my account was over drawn by 25 dollars then I closed that account. ( pay pal issue ) Wth did I do man smh.. If I could be 18 again.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #480
That n*gga 3000
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
Whether you paid in full or settlement. You should've ask for a POA "Pay for deletion" in writing. You my friend are marked for another 7 yrs from date of settlement. If I can't get a POA I'd just wait for it to drop off or dispute inaccurate information. Buy as long as you keep a consistent credit history for this point on it won't affect you much You should look into the "Jack Attack Method"

Last edited by Duntaz; 09-04-2013 at 09:50 PM..

Home > all sections > The Money Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
44 viewing
Video inside Man found alive on sunken ship
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
31 viewing
Image inside That Yoga MILF
47 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside Thick tselanelove
31 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Article inside Even Whataburger and The Weather Channel is sh-tting on Meek
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Meek went head up with prime Reed Dollaz, He can handle Drake
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside This is why ill always live alone.
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside 50 Cent Talks Meek Mill Vs Drake Beef, Ghost Writers, Cold Corner 3, Ni..
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Jul 30 - cop followed black family home and held them at gunpoint for no reason
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
9 viewing
‘Black Mass’ Trailer: The FBI Lets Johnny Depp Become a Boston Crime Kingpin
48 comments
@movies

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time