This is BX @ Boxden.com

Got Bad Credit?? Need It Fixed??

Got Bad Credit?? Need It Fixed??
 11-03-2012, 08:35 AMaway - #461
Manny05 

d 
space
$16,938 | POWERFUL
So my credit is hovering around 700 and last month I missed a payment on my credit card.
I ####ed up because the due date was on a Sunday but for some reason in my head I was like well its a Sunday so it won't get collected until Monday so I made the payment Monday not realizing that it would count as a late payment. So i called my credit card company (household bank). And they waived the late payment fee since I been a customer for over 2 years and have never missed a payment. Now I am wondering if there's someone I can call to make sure it doesn't show up on my record so it doesn't hurt my credit....

Or am I all set?

Edit: i called them again and told me I have nothing to worry about its not even gonna go on my credit report

Last edited by Manny05; 11-03-2012 at 10:16 AM..
 11-04-2012, 12:56 PMaway - #462
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$6,916 | 12084203
Originally Posted by Manny05
So my credit is hovering around 700 and last month I missed a payment on my credit card.
I ####ed up because the due date was on a Sunday but for some reason in my head I was like well its a Sunday so it won't get collected until Monday so I made the payment Monday not realizing that it would count as a late payment. So i called my credit card company (household bank). And they waived the late payment fee since I been a customer for over 2 years and have never missed a payment. Now I am wondering if there's someone I can call to make sure it doesn't show up on my record so it doesn't hurt my credit....

Or am I all set?

Edit: i called them again and told me I have nothing to worry about its not even gonna go on my credit report
It take about a week for them to put it through and for it process as a late payment.. most payments will not go in late unless it 30 days past due anyway.
 11-11-2012, 01:29 PMaway - #463
BlueGray 

d 
space
$394 | 755818
Is there anything you can do if a collection agency takes the debt you owe to court and they plan to start garnishing your wages??
 11-11-2012, 06:18 PMonline - #464
rek0nize 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$8,125 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BlueGray
Is there anything you can do if a collection agency takes the debt you owe to court and they plan to start garnishing your wages??
Call them and work out a payment plan before it goes all the way to the court.

How old is the debt you owe?? If its passed your states statue of limitations they won't win in court.
 11-11-2012, 07:43 PMaway - #465
BlueGray 

d 
space
$394 | 755818
Some of it's already went to court. So I'm a$suming there's nothing I can do about that, correct?

Also, like 4 years ago I signed up for a Best Buy credit card and purchased a laptop for a friend with that card because he said he would pay me back. At that time, he was the reason why I had the great paying job that I had and he had the same exact job too so I knew he would have the money to pay me back.

Long story short, I moved back to my original home state and he ended up going to prison and this card was never paid off. When he got out of prison, I was receiving non-stop calls from a collector that they finally called me one time while he was around me and I told them the story and gave him the phone and listened in while he explained to them how he would take over the debt in his name and to take it off my name and not bother me anymore about it. I never received another phone call or letter or anything from them again until earlier this year when I got a court letter saying I was being sued by them. I went to the courthouse and wrote a letter explaining the situation (because I guess that's the process you have to do if you want to dispute the case). Didn't hear another thing from it again until like 2 weeks ago saying basically that my claim has no substantial premise to their ruling and that I now owe basically twice as much as the laptop was originally worth with the interest that has accrued with it.

Is there anything I could do now about this or am I ####ed because I was stupid and trusted a piece of #### friend when I shouldn't have?
 11-26-2012, 06:15 PMaway - #466
DaForce13 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$4,077 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tymaxwell
none of the lins working my friend.. can you repost them?
word... this needs to get reported ASAP
 12-01-2012, 09:47 AMaway - #467
HULK2184 

d 
space
$691 | 1871151
I started a debt relief program about 2 years ago and I had 3 CC that i was not able to pay. So i did the sh+tty program and i have paid all the collectors off. Now about 6 months ago i check my credit report and had bad marks. So i disputed them and now they say
Date ---------- 5/16/2012 ---------- 10/16/2012
Condition:-----------Derogatory---------- Paid
Balance:------------$8,034 ------------ $0 (-$8,034)
Type: ---------- Credit Card ---------- Credit Card
Pay Status:---------Collection/Chargeoff---------- Current
Past Due: ----------$8,034 ------------ $0

AND AT THE BOTTOM SAYS

Remarks: (BEFOR)Charged off as bad debt Canceled by credit grantor
(NOW IT SAYS)Settled - less than full
balance

Any thoughts on this? Is this still bad even no it says PAID and $0 balance? And what about the Remarks? What should i do now? im stuck. my other two accounts look about the same besides one remark has "Purchased by another lender". Plz help me with your inputs

THANKS PROPS

Last edited by HULK2184; 12-01-2012 at 09:52 AM..
 12-15-2012, 09:15 PMaway - #468
THNKS 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,932 | 10895238
Originally Posted by smurfdoran
Business Credit
Athlete Credit
Off-shore Banking
Personal Credit

Manage Correct and improve Credit

to inquire contact Alicia Clark

at
GTFO!!!

anyway...propz to shizz for starting the thread...propz to rekonize for continuing it...and everyone in between for their input...classic thread!!!
 01-16-2013, 12:02 PMaway - #469
smurfdoran 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$2,751 | 11030614
Have you looked at the site? Check it out before you comment. It is guaranteed to improve your score.
 01-16-2013, 12:43 PMaway - #470
Duntaz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$4,060 | 18626421
Originally Posted by smurfdoran
Have you looked at the site? Check it out before you comment. It is guaranteed to improve your score.
and what exactly do they do for you again?
 02-27-2013, 12:57 PMaway - #471
Young_Paid 

d 
space
$99 | 300549
Question, Ive had two checking accounts closed because of overdrafts fees. I am willing to pay now. Should I send a pay for deletion letter first or validate the debt first? Thx
 03-05-2013, 12:23 AMaway - #472
2godflow 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$13,408 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by rek0nize
^

Back in the day I was served as well for 4,500.

You can either...
A: Go and 100 percent money back guarantee lose anyway and owe them and waste your time showing up.
B. Not show up, and default/lose automatically and owe them anyway.

I just didn't show up because I KNEW that was my debt, so there was nothing to f!ght.

Now since you're being sued you will have to pay this one way or another as I did, unless you turn into a bum and live under a bridge to dodge 1,500 which obviously isn't the best option.

Your best bet is to get on the phone tomorrow to the people sueing you and try your hardest to set up payment arrangements with them for whatever amount you can agree on in hopes they will drop the court case.

If they refuse and proceed with the court case just don't show and you will default and THEN you can set up payment arrangements with them and start paying. Once they sue and win, they can get their money at all costs. Garnish your paycheck and for an amount that you probably wont like so it's best to just make payment arrangmenet's to keep that from happening.

If you're not employed right now and low on cash, don't worry too much about it as they won't have a means to take money from you till you get employment. Don't set up payment arrangements until you know you are able to make the payment each month.

It sucks I know, 10 years ago i had 18 bad debts that I owed. I was lucky enough to only get sued once out of those 18 times so I ended up only having to pay off 1 thing and let everything else fall off my credit report.
i had to sue someone here and won. only thing about that is when you win, they make the debtor fill out a financial disclosure form and the courts dont verify it. so the ni##a can say hes unemployed, or self employed and makes $0 a month. or $1000 a month. basically the ni##a can say w/e he wants and if you dont know where the ni##a works then you are out of luck b/c you wont be able to garnish anything. and any bank accounts the debtor has, of course after putting his accounts on the financial disclosure, hes gonna leave the court and close those accounts so you wont be able to get at that money.
 03-05-2013, 06:37 AMaway - #473
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$6,916 | 12084203
Originally Posted by BlueGray
Some of it's already went to court. So I'm a$suming there's nothing I can do about that, correct?

Also, like 4 years ago I signed up for a Best Buy credit card and purchased a laptop for a friend with that card because he said he would pay me back. At that time, he was the reason why I had the great paying job that I had and he had the same exact job too so I knew he would have the money to pay me back.

Long story short, I moved back to my original home state and he ended up going to prison and this card was never paid off. When he got out of prison, I was receiving non-stop calls from a collector that they finally called me one time while he was around me and I told them the story and gave him the phone and listened in while he explained to them how he would take over the debt in his name and to take it off my name and not bother me anymore about it. I never received another phone call or letter or anything from them again until earlier this year when I got a court letter saying I was being sued by them. I went to the courthouse and wrote a letter explaining the situation (because I guess that's the process you have to do if you want to dispute the case). Didn't hear another thing from it again until like 2 weeks ago saying basically that my claim has no substantial premise to their ruling and that I now owe basically twice as much as the laptop was originally worth with the interest that has accrued with it.

Is there anything I could do now about this or am I ####ed because I was stupid and trusted a piece of #### friend when I shouldn't have?

Sadly enough.. your didnt have anything in writing and getting recording is pointless unless you have a court ordered letter.

You can write the original collector and tell them that you will pay the original amount owed directly to them to have the debt removed and they will usually take it.. but you will have to pay it in full. ( ALWAYS GET WRITTEN PROOF OF ANYTHING)

Originally Posted by HULK2184
I started a debt relief program about 2 years ago and I had 3 CC that i was not able to pay. So i did the sh+tty program and i have paid all the collectors off. Now about 6 months ago i check my credit report and had bad marks. So i disputed them and now they say
Date ---------- 5/16/2012 ---------- 10/16/2012
Condition:-----------Derogatory---------- Paid
Balance:------------$8,034 ------------ $0 (-$8,034)
Type: ---------- Credit Card ---------- Credit Card
Pay Status:---------Collection/Chargeoff---------- Current
Past Due: ----------$8,034 ------------ $0

AND AT THE BOTTOM SAYS

Remarks: (BEFOR)Charged off as bad debt Canceled by credit grantor
(NOW IT SAYS)Settled - less than full
balance

Any thoughts on this? Is this still bad even no it says PAID and $0 balance? And what about the Remarks? What should i do now? im stuck. my other two accounts look about the same besides one remark has "Purchased by another lender". Plz help me with your inputs

THANKS PROPS
If it say that its Settled then your fine.. Its not hurting you just blemishes now. You can write a "GOOD WILL " letter and give them a sob story and try to get them to remove it. but ti has to be a GOOD STORY lol...

if it states that it was purchased by another lender and it hasnt yet shown up.. worry becuase it will. they usually hold on to #### and then post it back up with some crazy numbers. need to handle that before that happens. that like two companies di#king you for the same account..

Originally Posted by Young_Paid
Question, Ive had two checking accounts closed because of overdrafts fees. I am willing to pay now. Should I send a pay for deletion letter first or validate the debt first? Thx
when you dealing with bank accounts you don't need a validate debt letter that will validate automatically.. You just need to pay it off and then send a letter of deletion with the payment stating if this check #XXXX is cashed than you are by stated the debt is paid in full and thus agreeing to have such debt removed from my report...

Sorry Ive been MIA... got alot of work ive been doing... But if you need me just shoot me a PM>...
 05-07-2013, 10:53 PMaway - #474
sportyloc107 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$1,127 | 18868129
hello i finally checked my credit report for the first time ever using anuual credit report. i have a credit score of 592. all i have open in collections on my report is a at&t account with a balance of $131. and a closed/paid account from the dfs gov of $1500. the dfs gov account was paid in full in 2008. two are the only two things in the negatives section. i have 3 accounts in the good standing section. 2 loans payed off and a car loan from ally that i have never missed a payment on. i recently applied for 4 or 5 different credit cards in one day not know that it shows up on my credit report. i was denied all five cards. i need help on helping fix my situation. i need all the help i can get. thanks!
 05-08-2013, 12:39 AMaway - #475
Duntaz 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$4,060 | 18626421
Originally Posted by sportyloc107
hello i finally checked my credit report for the first time ever using anuual credit report. i have a credit score of 592. all i have open in collections on my report is a at&t account with a balance of $131. and a closed/paid account from the dfs gov of $1500. the dfs gov account was paid in full in 2008. two are the only two things in the negatives section. i have 3 accounts in the good standing section. 2 loans payed off and a car loan from ally that i have never missed a payment on. i recently applied for 4 or 5 different credit cards in one day not know that it shows up on my credit report. i was denied all five cards. i need help on helping fix my situation. i need all the help i can get. thanks!
Apply for a secured credit card at a credit union or your current bank. In the future when paying off an account ask for the debit to be delete from your credit in writing. Otherwise it will remain on your report even though it was paid. Credit unions usually do credit checks also but you can apply for one that does a soft pull to get in. Although most do a hard pull nowadays & after applying for so many cards you might want to fall back All those credit inquiries aren't good for your credit.

Last edited by Duntaz; 05-08-2013 at 12:46 AM..
 05-08-2013, 01:26 AMaway - #476
sportyloc107 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$1,127 | 18868129
thanks for the info my man..
 05-08-2013, 10:22 AMaway - #477
M2CEO 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$1,172 | 13845490
Hit up this company:

RMCN
972-984-5117

ask to speak to D.Chitman

This is going to take a lil discipline/scarifice from your end, but in 2-3 months your credit will be clean and positive. trust me!
 07-21-2013, 08:51 PMaway - #478
MrBanga 

d 
space
$223 | 777950
Originally Posted by rek0nize
Call them and work out a payment plan before it goes all the way to the court.

How old is the debt you owe?? If its passed your states statue of limitations they won't win in court.
 07-29-2013, 04:46 PMonline - #479
CarlozRossi 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$3,601 | POWERFUL
ayo i was looking at my credit report and it shows i owe 3k for some medical #### back in 2011. The
only thing i could think of is it has to due with a trip to the hospital when i got hurt at my old job. The company gave me paper work to take to the hospital so i thought everything was all good. How do
i go about disputing that? I dont work for that company anymore.
 08-22-2013, 08:37 AMaway - #480
LYTE 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$10,440 | POWERFUL
If I would of knew that this was going to be a blemishes, I would of paid the difference to pay it in full. Anyway, is it possible to get it paid in full & change the status to Paid in Full?

also do utilities & medical bills pop up on c.reports?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
What's Your Go-To Game Right Now?
63 comments
No Man's Sky is Timed Exclusive
53 comments
NBA Mason Plumee to make 12 man USA team roster over DeMarcu..
140 comments
 Video inside Chiwire Gbe Exposed By Sd's Brother
New reply 3 minutes ago - 54 comments - by SavageMitten
 NBA Usa Basketball Showcase On Espn - August 1 - 9:00pm Est
New reply 34 minutes ago - 1006 comments - by Dee Grande
 Video inside Donkey Of The Day: Fredro Starr
New reply 3 minutes ago - 135 comments - by Supacat
  Karruche Dumps Chris Brown
New reply 37 minutes ago - 82 comments - by grunsthis
 NBA Paul George Says He's Going To Average 25-30 Ppg :jord...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Free Trotty
  Jul 31 - Taco Bell Employee Of 26 Years Suddenly Fired...
New reply 41 minutes ago - 67 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Charles Barkley Says There Are Only 5 Real Jobs In The...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 145 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside "the Bi-ch Came Out Of Me Son, I Aint Gonna Front...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 67 comments - by reelife

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.