Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Got A Check In The Mail.....Is It A Scam???

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
114 viewing
 Image inside Meet The Reason Why You Canít Cop Air Jordans Anym..
65 comments
most viewed right now
114 viewing
 Image inside Amber Rose Selfie On Instagram  
35 comments

top in section
22 viewing
NBA Larry Legend Sends Shots At Dominique Wilkins Prior Unvei..
top in sports
top in section
78 viewing
 Article inside Kim Kardashian Says She Has Sex "500 Times a Day" Wi..
top in hiphop

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Got A Check In The Mail.....Is It A Scam???
topic by FeedTheBeast - 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM


It's from Allied Consumer Research. The Check looks very official and its for 1500.00!!
I called the number and some African guy answered (red flag #1) and he asked if I cashed the check yet and I said no. He told me to cash the check and call him for further instructions to complete my a.ssignment. > Got A Check In The Mail.....Is It A Scam??? - Photo posted in The Money Spot (finance/careers) | Sign in and leave a comment below!

I found it strange that he would be working on a Sunday. (Red flag #2)

I could easily take the money and run but there has to be a catch somewhere. And don't laugh and say its obvious bullsh-t becuz I know most likely it is. Nothing in life is free.

So tell me what y'all know bout this.....my lucky day or is it a scam??



20 comments for "Got A Check In The Mail.....Is It A Scam???"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 12-09-2012, 11:33 AMaway - #2
USC 73 heat pts73 space
avatar
space
$16,807 | POWERFUL
@ the African working on a Sunday.

Just rip that sh*t up bruh
 12-09-2012, 11:56 AMaway - #3
ima80baby 33 heat pts33 space
avatar
space
$5,302 | POWERFUL
I almost died when I read "The check looks very official". sh*t is a scam son. You cash that check and the bank will come after you to get back their money. My man said he found it strange the African was working on a Sunday. This thread is jokes.
 12-09-2012, 12:47 PMonline - #4
OchoLoco 20 heat pts20 space
avatar
space
$7,718 | POWERFUL
I'm not sure if you're being serious but a cheque for $1500 in the mail should have been the first and only red flag you needed to know it's a scam.
 12-09-2012, 01:02 PMaway - #5
LikeABoss38701 2 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,602 | 4483298
There are a ton of scams out here to mainly target the elderly & the unaware... If a deal is too good to be true, then it usually is... in this situation, I would have told the guy I already cashed the check just to see what he would say.. but DON'T cash that check dude.

I have received a few scam calls in my time.. & I just play alone with them when Im bored..

Like one time.. this Indian guy called and was like... you won a million dollars & benz... I knew it was a scam so I just played along... So I started talking like a old man, giving the guy false info & making him repeat stuff over and over again(he also told me to write a series of numbers down also... I was like uh huh.. im writing it sir )... So after I'm done entertaining myself with the call, I asked when will I receive my benz and million dollars... the guy was like.. Mr. Walker(wrong name) you would first have to go to wal mart and wire $4,800 to the number I gave you...

After that... I honestly snapped.. I replied... "dude, ... you're going to hell for this sht.. preying on elderly people..." the guy hung up... but I'm still shocked.. like its really people out here tryna get over on people like this.. so I called the number back & told dude he was wrong for doing this... homie replied... " get off my phone, I'm trying to make money"
 12-09-2012, 01:52 PMaway - #6
foestacks 11 heat pts11 space
avatar
space
$4,518 | 20387108
Originally Posted by LikeABoss38701
There are a ton of scams out here to mainly target the elderly & the unaware... If a deal is too good to be true, then it usually is... in this situation, I would have told the guy I already cashed the check just to see what he would say.. but DON'T cash that check dude.

I have received a few scam calls in my time.. & I just play alone with them when Im bored..

Like one time.. this Indian guy called and was like... you won a million dollars & benz... I knew it was a scam so I just played along... So I started talking like a old man, giving the guy false info & making him repeat stuff over and over again(he also told me to write a series of numbers down also... I was like uh huh.. im writing it sir )... So after I'm done entertaining myself with the call, I asked when will I receive my benz and million dollars... the guy was like.. Mr. Walker(wrong name) you would first have to go to wal mart and wire $4,800 to the number I gave you...

After that... I honestly snapped.. I replied... "dude, ... you're going to hell for this sht.. preying on elderly people..." the guy hung up... but I'm still shocked.. like its really people out here tryna get over on people like this.. so I called the number back & told dude he was wrong for doing this... homie replied... " get off my phone, I'm trying to make money"


LMFAO


bruh if you still have his number post that sh*t in the streets so everyone can call him
 12-09-2012, 02:38 PMonline - #7
Yung Dilla 1237 heat pts1237 space
avatar
space
$42,999 | POWERFUL
I stay playing along to these scams like this jamaican dude called me and was like is mr Peterson there i'm like nah you got the wrong number, he goes oh well it's your lucky day you can claim his prize of one million dollars. I knew what it was from the jump but i played along and was like we going to sizzler we goin to sizzler he started laughing like ''i got this n*gga'' i took all that dudes instructions wrote them down and i said ''i work for the fbi and we will come after you'' he said uh uh ''click'' hung up the phone i was
 12-12-2012, 04:55 PMaway - #8
K.P  space
avatar
space
$618 | 3670469
word to the wise young brother....if you ever have any doubt when it come to MONEY.....then its too good to be true...keep the check for proof(cuz u made need proof since he has ur info) but never cash it, ever. This is a white collar crime so it is a federal offense....good luck man.
 12-12-2012, 05:09 PMaway - #9
Piccolo 4 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,948 | 8846422
Scam b. If you even try to cash this you'll owe the bank back the money.
 12-12-2012, 10:32 PMaway - #10
Sowhat 1 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,563 | 3958042
Originally Posted by Yung Dilla
I stay playing along to these scams like this jamaican dude called me and was like is mr Peterson there i'm like nah you got the wrong number, he goes oh well it's your lucky day you can claim his prize of one million dollars. I knew what it was from the jump but i played along and was like we going to sizzler we goin to sizzler he started laughing like ''i got this n*gga'' i took all that dudes instructions wrote them down and i said ''i work for the fbi and we will come after you'' he said uh uh ''click'' hung up the phone i was
 12-12-2012, 10:53 PMaway - #11
NYCNYCNYC  space
avatar
space
$13,809 | POWERFUL
what if you went to walmart or some check cashing place and got it cashed???
 12-13-2012, 01:50 AMaway - #12
Prostyle 2 heat pts space
avatar
space
$1,908 | 6397876
Don't cash it, it's a scam.

My homie got a check like that for like 1k and didn't know who or where it came from, but took it to a check cashing place and cashed it.

A week later the check cashing place blowing his line up talking about the check was fraudulent and he needs to repay them.

Dude ignored them

Police come to his house with a warrant and he got arrested and had to pay restitution.

Last edited by Prostyle; 12-13-2012 at 01:53 AM..
 12-13-2012, 09:53 AMaway - #13
pimppoet 1 heat pts space
avatar
space
$2,692 | 16273078
Originally Posted by Prostyle
Don't cash it, it's a scam.

My homie got a check like that for like 1k and didn't know who or where it came from, but took it to a check cashing place and cashed it.

A week later the check cashing place blowing his line up talking about the check was fraudulent and he needs to repay them.

Dude ignored them

Police come to his house with a warrant and he got arrested and had to pay restitution.
Your friend sounds exactly like some of the slow cats ive dealt with. I tell em u can mess up ur acct/s up & go to jail knowlingly depositing bs checks. Im be sayin to myself "ur dumb a.ss really think some one just gonna give u some money that u dont know,especially when u cant get people u know to pay up lol". Now some people I speak with got caught up thinking they working for a legit company but actually doing the dirty work for the scam artists...thats one of sadiest parts of job hunting cuz now u owe mo money,may have lower credit score n future jobs may pass u up cuz this bs.
 12-13-2012, 05:27 PMaway - #14
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts space
avatar
space
$12,863 | POWERFUL
this alabama n*gga can't be that slow


people still fall for nigerian scams to this day
 12-13-2012, 05:44 PMaway - #15
autoraptronix 10 heat pts10 space
avatar
space
$4,362 | 20178761
Yeah its a scam. My fam got a $3,000 check like that and cashed it at the bank. They didn't realize it till a couple weeks later and turned it into a loan she had to pay back. They were all shocked it got cashed. Came in handy tho.
 12-13-2012, 06:23 PMaway - #16
Tonero 1 heat pts space
avatar
space
$3,906 | 6438625
Scam bro and im a nigerian, lol . But on the other hand im tired of cats placing nigerian with every scam,

trip dawg did that check have any postage on it? for all we know somebody coulda just dropped that sh*t in ur box.

My girl got a check and she cashed it by the time we put two and two together it was too late.

Last edited by Tonero; 12-13-2012 at 06:43 PM..
 12-13-2012, 07:12 PMaway - #17
Jacc Blacc 39 heat pts39 space
avatar
space
$18,817 | POWERFUL
wait...so YOU cash a check for 1k...so how would these nigerian get the money, usually u have to deposit something into an account and then pretend they're gonna wire you the money after you cash their check and send it to them
 12-13-2012, 07:28 PMaway - #18
Deeangoe 2 heat pts space
avatar
space
$12,158 | POWERFUL
My mom got one of those checks for 3 grand once

Some lotto she won in the uk or some sh*t

I read te letter said that she had won like 300 grand

The check they sent was to pay them for the taxes and delivery of the actual grand prize, after we had cashed them

The check usually coming from a company that has nothing to do with the uk lotto, a legit business with their actual number and sh*t, that's what makes it appear look legit

Last edited by Deeangoe; 12-13-2012 at 07:30 PM..
 12-13-2012, 07:36 PMaway - #19
beeasy50 55 heat pts55 space
avatar
space
$631 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jacc Blacc
wait...so YOU cash a check for 1k...so how would these nigerian get the money, usually u have to deposit something into an account and then pretend they're gonna wire you the money after you cash their check and send it to them
My homie got a check for $3200.00 from someone on craigslist, secret shopper. They act like they will pay you $400 or so to do some research. Really all they say is deposit the check into your account, send me $2800.00 back and you keep $400.00 The check was a perfect fake and it would've cleared i'd say some banks.

Anyway, the check clears at first then after a few weeks they figure out its a fraud and you pay them back or go to jail.
 12-13-2012, 11:54 PMaway - #20
foshomoney 73 heat pts73 space
avatar
space
$23,795 | POWERFUL
box of rocks
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
53 viewing
Video inside 50 Cent Speaks On His Son's $700k Deal, The Beast E..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
42 viewing
Image inside Selena Gomez Looking Good Out & About In Los Angeles
22 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Article inside This is the Article Dame Referred to when he spok..
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Article inside Joe Montana Football 16 will be a Xbox One/PC Exc..
174 comments
@games
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Image inside She thick though  
30 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Joanna Marie  
30 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside Mar 5 - Science Explains Why Men Like Women With C..
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Video inside Massive Amounts Of Daddy Longlegs Take Over A Home ..
52 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Guy smokes weed and decides its a good time to suck off a ..
88 comments
@wild'ish


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time.