This is BX @ Boxden.com

Got A Check In The Mail.....Is It A Scam???

Got A Check In The Mail.....Is It A Scam???
topic by FeedTheBeast - 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

It's from Allied Consumer Research. The Check looks very official and its for 1500.00!!
I called the number and some African guy answered (red flag #1) and he asked if I cashed the check yet and I said no. He told me to cash the check and call him for further instructions to complete my a$signment.

I found it strange that he would be working on a Sunday. (Red flag #2)

I could easily take the money and run but there has to be a catch somewhere. And don't laugh and say its obvious bull#### becuz I know most likely it is. Nothing in life is free.

So tell me what y'all know bout this.....my lucky day or is it a scam??

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

20 comments for "Got A Check In The Mail.....Is It A Scam???"

12-09-2012, 10:33 AMaway - #2
USC 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$15,473 | POWERFUL
@ the African working on a Sunday.

Just rip that #### up bruh
 12-09-2012, 10:56 AMaway - #3
ima80baby 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$5,249 | POWERFUL
I almost died when I read "The check looks very official". #### is a scam son. You cash that check and the bank will come after you to get back their money. My man said he found it strange the African was working on a Sunday. This thread is jokes.
 12-09-2012, 11:47 AMonline - #4
OchoLoco 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$5,796 | POWERFUL
I'm not sure if you're being serious but a cheque for $1500 in the mail should have been the first and only red flag you needed to know it's a scam.
 12-09-2012, 12:02 PMaway - #5
LikeABoss38701 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,569 | 4431030
There are a ton of scams out here to mainly target the elderly & the unaware... If a deal is too good to be true, then it usually is... in this situation, I would have told the guy I already cashed the check just to see what he would say.. but DON'T cash that check dude.

I have received a few scam calls in my time.. & I just play alone with them when Im bored..

Like one time.. this Indian guy called and was like... you won a million dollars & benz... I knew it was a scam so I just played along... So I started talking like a old man, giving the guy false info & making him repeat stuff over and over again(he also told me to write a series of numbers down also... I was like uh huh.. im writing it sir )... So after I'm done entertaining myself with the call, I asked when will I receive my benz and million dollars... the guy was like.. Mr. Walker(wrong name) you would first have to go to wal mart and wire $4,800 to the number I gave you...

After that... I honestly snapped.. I replied... "dude, ... you're going to hell for this sht.. preying on elderly people..." the guy hung up... but I'm still shocked.. like its really people out here tryna get over on people like this.. so I called the number back & told dude he was wrong for doing this... homie replied... " get off my phone, I'm trying to make money"
 12-09-2012, 12:52 PMaway - #6
davilla24c 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,317 | 17652182
Originally Posted by LikeABoss38701
There are a ton of scams out here to mainly target the elderly & the unaware... If a deal is too good to be true, then it usually is... in this situation, I would have told the guy I already cashed the check just to see what he would say.. but DON'T cash that check dude.

I have received a few scam calls in my time.. & I just play alone with them when Im bored..

Like one time.. this Indian guy called and was like... you won a million dollars & benz... I knew it was a scam so I just played along... So I started talking like a old man, giving the guy false info & making him repeat stuff over and over again(he also told me to write a series of numbers down also... I was like uh huh.. im writing it sir )... So after I'm done entertaining myself with the call, I asked when will I receive my benz and million dollars... the guy was like.. Mr. Walker(wrong name) you would first have to go to wal mart and wire $4,800 to the number I gave you...

After that... I honestly snapped.. I replied... "dude, ... you're going to hell for this sht.. preying on elderly people..." the guy hung up... but I'm still shocked.. like its really people out here tryna get over on people like this.. so I called the number back & told dude he was wrong for doing this... homie replied... " get off my phone, I'm trying to make money"

LMFAO

bruh if you still have his number post that #### in the streets so everyone can call him
 12-09-2012, 01:38 PMaway - #7
Yung Dilla 1207 heat pts1207

d 
space
$41,511 | POWERFUL
I stay playing along to these scams like this jamaican dude called me and was like is mr Peterson there i'm like nah you got the wrong number, he goes oh well it's your lucky day you can claim his prize of one million dollars. I knew what it was from the jump but i played along and was like we going to sizzler we goin to sizzler he started laughing like ''i got this ni##a'' i took all that dudes instructions wrote them down and i said ''i work for the fbi and we will come after you'' he said uh uh ''click'' hung up the phone i was
 12-12-2012, 03:55 PMaway - #8
K.P 

d 
space
$604 | 3670469
word to the wise young brother....if you ever have any doubt when it come to MONEY.....then its too good to be true...keep the check for proof(cuz u made need proof since he has ur info) but never cash it, ever. This is a white collar crime so it is a federal offense....good luck man.
 12-12-2012, 04:09 PMonline - #9
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,887 | 8792752
Scam b. If you even try to cash this you'll owe the bank back the money.
 12-12-2012, 09:32 PMaway - #10
Sowhat 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,560 | 3745734
Originally Posted by Yung Dilla
I stay playing along to these scams like this jamaican dude called me and was like is mr Peterson there i'm like nah you got the wrong number, he goes oh well it's your lucky day you can claim his prize of one million dollars. I knew what it was from the jump but i played along and was like we going to sizzler we goin to sizzler he started laughing like ''i got this ni##a'' i took all that dudes instructions wrote them down and i said ''i work for the fbi and we will come after you'' he said uh uh ''click'' hung up the phone i was
 12-12-2012, 09:53 PMaway - #11
NYCNYCNYC 

d 
space
$13,646 | POWERFUL
what if you went to walmart or some check cashing place and got it cashed???
 12-13-2012, 12:50 AMaway - #12
Prostyle 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,801 | 6172868
Don't cash it, it's a scam.

My homie got a check like that for like 1k and didn't know who or where it came from, but took it to a check cashing place and cashed it.

A week later the check cashing place blowing his line up talking about the check was fraudulent and he needs to repay them.

Dude ignored them

Police come to his house with a warrant and he got arrested and had to pay restitution.

Last edited by Prostyle; 12-13-2012 at 12:53 AM..
 12-13-2012, 08:53 AMaway - #13
pimppoet 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,658 | 16168075
Originally Posted by Prostyle
Don't cash it, it's a scam.

My homie got a check like that for like 1k and didn't know who or where it came from, but took it to a check cashing place and cashed it.

A week later the check cashing place blowing his line up talking about the check was fraudulent and he needs to repay them.

Dude ignored them

Police come to his house with a warrant and he got arrested and had to pay restitution.
Your friend sounds exactly like some of the slow cats ive dealt with. I tell em u can mess up ur acct/s up & go to jail knowlingly depositing bs checks. Im be sayin to myself "ur dumb a$s really think some one just gonna give u some money that u dont know,especially when u cant get people u know to pay up lol". Now some people I speak with got caught up thinking they working for a legit company but actually doing the dirty work for the scam artists...thats one of sadiest parts of job hunting cuz now u owe mo money,may have lower credit score n future jobs may pass u up cuz this bs.
 12-13-2012, 04:27 PMaway - #14
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts

d 
space
$12,863 | POWERFUL
this alabama ni##a can't be that slow

people still fall for nigerian scams to this day
 12-13-2012, 04:44 PMaway - #15
autoraptronix 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,362 | 20178761
Yeah its a scam. My fam got a $3,000 check like that and cashed it at the bank. They didn't realize it till a couple weeks later and turned it into a loan she had to pay back. They were all shocked it got cashed. Came in handy tho.
 12-13-2012, 05:23 PMaway - #16
Tonero 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,855 | 6333619
Scam bro and im a nigerian, lol . But on the other hand im tired of cats placing nigerian with every scam,

trip dawg did that check have any postage on it? for all we know somebody coulda just dropped that #### in ur box.

My girl got a check and she cashed it by the time we put two and two together it was too late.

Last edited by Tonero; 12-13-2012 at 05:43 PM..
 12-13-2012, 06:12 PMaway - #17
Jacc Blacc 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$16,492 | POWERFUL
wait...so YOU cash a check for 1k...so how would these nigerian get the money, usually u have to deposit something into an account and then pretend they're gonna wire you the money after you cash their check and send it to them
 12-13-2012, 06:28 PMaway - #18
Deeangoe 2 heat pts

d 
space
$11,870 | POWERFUL
My mom got one of those checks for 3 grand once

Some lotto she won in the uk or some ####

I read te letter said that she had won like 300 grand

The check they sent was to pay them for the taxes and delivery of the actual grand prize, after we had cashed them

The check usually coming from a company that has nothing to do with the uk lotto, a legit business with their actual number and ####, that's what makes it appear look legit

Last edited by Deeangoe; 12-13-2012 at 06:30 PM..
 12-13-2012, 06:36 PMaway - #19
beeasy50 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$568 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jacc Blacc
wait...so YOU cash a check for 1k...so how would these nigerian get the money, usually u have to deposit something into an account and then pretend they're gonna wire you the money after you cash their check and send it to them
My homie got a check for $3200.00 from someone on craigslist, secret shopper. They act like they will pay you $400 or so to do some research. Really all they say is deposit the check into your account, send me $2800.00 back and you keep $400.00 The check was a perfect fake and it would've cleared i'd say some banks.

Anyway, the check clears at first then after a few weeks they figure out its a fraud and you pay them back or go to jail.
 12-13-2012, 10:54 PMaway - #20
foshomoney 63 heat pts63

d 
space
$21,302 | POWERFUL
box of rocks

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Aug 29 - Positive HIV Test Again Halts Pr0n Filming
103 comments
Aug 29 - The No. 1 cause of death for African-American males 15..
53 comments
Image inside  Aug 29 - Bill O’Reilly: Rap Music May Have Driven Mic..
64 comments
 Video inside Snoop Done Lost His Mind
New reply 4 minutes ago - 84 comments - by Bea5T
 Image(s) inside Facebook Forcing Users To Use Their Full Government Na...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Pretty Brazilian Model Daiane Sodre
New reply 5 minutes ago - 75 comments - by Icon709
 NBA Nba Player Rap Counterparts?
New reply 13 minutes ago - 78 comments - by MrHashTag
  Wesley Snipes To Reprise Blade In Blade 4!!
New reply 5 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Jumpoff21
 Image(s) inside Nba2k15 Vs Live 15: Harden Vs Harden
New reply 14 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Kewop Decam
 Article inside 'guardians Of The Galaxy Is Better Then The Avengers.....
New reply 7 minutes ago - 56 comments - by TRILL SH1T
 Image(s) inside G-unit "the Beauty Of Independence" First We...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 86 comments - by Avon_Barksdale

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.