This is BX @ Boxden.com

Est@blishing and Building Good Credit

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Est@blishing and Building Good Credit
 03-11-2011, 08:41 AMaway - #101
davon4204 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,309 | 19379542
I think the good credit bad credit system is sad. Basically people, credit is given to you to do one thing and that is get yourself indebted for life.

Then once your in debt the interest rate is crazy ridiculous especially if you have credit cards that you can't pay your way out.
 03-19-2012, 08:10 AMaway - #102
Mista Mizatti 4 heat pts

d 
space
$9,948 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mista Mizatti
Okay I've been trying to est@blish my credit for a second now but I get turned down for loans and all that. Is there an easy surefire way to get it done?
Damn that was a while ago

Since then I've gotten a couple credit cards, my credit score is good not great because I made THEEEE biggest mistake of giving someone a card in my name (Lesson learned, can't even trust family with that). Its funny going from not being able to get a credit card to getting one and seeing your limit go from 500 to 700 to 2500. Thats the lowest limit I have on one of my credit cards.

Right now I have
Macys
Belk
Kohls
Discover
Capital One

Only the Belk and Discover card have a balance and that Belk balance will be gone soon. I owe 1500 on the Discover but I'm not worried about that one, can't wait to get rid of that balance though. I'm just doing what I can to make sure my credit can continue to climb.
 03-19-2012, 12:40 PMaway - #103
ARosary 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$5,538 | POWERFUL
'Preciate the post! A shame they dont have this as a requirement to be taught in high school...yet they wanna push these fabricated bull#### useless classes & wonder why so many fail with their 1st introductions into the "real world"
 05-07-2013, 11:44 PMaway - #104
sportyloc107 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$1,065 | 17625089
hello i finally checked my credit report for the first time ever using anuual credit report. i have a credit score of 592. all i have open in collections on my report is a at&t account with a balance of $131. and a closed/paid account from the dfs gov of $1500. the dfs gov account was paid in full in 2008. two are the only two things in the negatives section. i have 3 accounts in the good standing section. 2 loans payed off and a car loan from ally that i have never missed a payment on. i recently applied for 4 or 5 different credit cards in one day not know that it shows up on my credit report. i was denied all five cards. i need help on helping fix my situation. i need all the help i can get. thanks!
 05-29-2013, 12:19 PMaway - #105
BlackRepub85 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,583 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by sportyloc107
hello i finally checked my credit report for the first time ever using anuual credit report. i have a credit score of 592. all i have open in collections on my report is a at&t account with a balance of $131. and a closed/paid account from the dfs gov of $1500. the dfs gov account was paid in full in 2008. two are the only two things in the negatives section. i have 3 accounts in the good standing section. 2 loans payed off and a car loan from ally that i have never missed a payment on. i recently applied for 4 or 5 different credit cards in one day not know that it shows up on my credit report. i was denied all five cards. i need help on helping fix my situation. i need all the help i can get. thanks!
First of all, stop applying for those damn cards. All that is gonna show is that you getting denied for credit which hurts your score especially in such a short period of time.

Second put in disputes to get the two collections off your report. Normally, I believe they don't come off until 7 years after they have been paid off, but many times companies either don't pay attention or don't care and don't respond to the request by the bureaus and you could get it taken off. Don't do it for an account that has only been paid off a year or two ago, they'll probably answer backoff principal.

Third, what types of cards are you going for? Find out what type of credit rating you need to get those card (Try CreditKarma.com, they usually have reviews and ratins on almost every card I've seen. What type of cards are you applying for , because if you have a 592 and still applying for cards that require an excellent credit score, you're going to keep getting denied and hurting yourself. If you're gonna apply for a card, apply for one you are likely to get and don't apply for mutiple ones at one time. It makes you look desperate for credit and ends up hurting you. They'll see those creidt hits. Are you trying to the get the cards for a reason? To buy something big? I would say for you to get a credit building card to start your credit on the right track.

Also, when you got your credit report back, did you any inaccuracies with your credit or your reporting?
 06-24-2013, 10:22 PMaway - #106
Venom 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$12,988 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by sportyloc107
OMG

last thing you need to be doing is applying for 4-5 credit card in the same year let alone the same day. do you realize how many red flags that raise. Each application requires a credit inquiry which will negatively impact a credit score so applying for 4-5 cards in the same day will #### your #### up.

Last edited by Venom; 06-24-2013 at 10:25 PM..
 06-25-2013, 01:44 AMonline - #107
R0ZAY 8 heat pts

d 
space
$1,443 | 9097977
my credit score was 692 before I bought my whip on February... after i'm done paying it off in 2 years it will be at 723ish if i remember correctly.

what should be my next credit purchase after i pay it off to boost my credit more?

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Why are Black & Red Jordans called BRED?
51 comments
Image inside  Jul 22 - World’s Second-Richest Man Calls For Three-D..
66 comments
Article inside  Philip Seymour Hoffman didn't want to leave any mone..
65 comments
 Image(s) inside *warning* People With Ocd - Do Not Enter!
New reply 42 seconds ago - 145 comments - by Die-Nasty
 MLB Yankees Acquire Chase Headley
New reply 9 minutes ago - 60 comments - by VNPP
 Image(s) inside Slowbucks Re-tweets "police Informant Callin' Out...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 57 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods And Kings, Has The Most Bl...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 172 comments - by Marccoogs19
 Article inside Jay Z & Beyoncé Reportedly Trying To Split Without...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 204 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
 Image(s) inside Best "bounce Back" Album
New reply 11 minutes ago - 112 comments - by AC SLATER
 NBA Autobiography "shaq Uncut" Tells About Rondo...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 64 comments - by TheFundamentals
 Image(s) inside Kim K's Brother Admits To Being Aroused By Her....kany...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 115 comments - by HipHopFactz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.