b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Est@blishing and Building Good Credit

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Est@blishing and Building Good Credit
 01-30-2006, 07:40 PMaway - #21
fulgazey 

d 
space
$314 | POWERFUL
Credit is a powerful thing and don't take it lightly when your score is low. Each positive month on your credit history is like a 10 point month. Your score is the past 84 months of your credit history. If you have alot of consecutive good months while your bad months are rolling off of that total your score can make dramitic increases in a 8-10 month span.

Alot of credit card access can also be bad. If you have "liquid access" to a large amount of money banks consider that as debt because you can incur it at anytime you please. When you have cards that are old and accounts you don;t use if you don't need the tradeline open close it. It helps your total outlook.
 02-28-2006, 09:06 AMaway - #22
Fu7urE101 

d 
space
$4 | 0
I have about 3 cards now. A mastercard, visa, and a Gap card all of which I pay off about 3-4 days after I get the statment. But I have a friend who says that might not be enough to really boost my credit score. He said I may have to take out a loan or something.
 03-06-2006, 02:28 PMaway - #23
term0il 

d 
space
$329 | 148282
Originally Posted by sdotty313
my fu#kin credit is shot to de@th already....
co-sign...but my question is, how do you pay off delinquent accounts already on your credit report?
 03-21-2006, 02:38 AMaway - #24
9.18 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,630 | 4323288
b b b b b bankruptcy

or have ur debt consilodated into a flate fee through a credit broker, pay it off then cancel everything u have and geta secured card for a year or two then ur rdy to go!
 04-03-2006, 03:17 AMaway - #25
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,824 | POWERFUL
So what's a great recommened start up card for a college student?
 04-12-2006, 03:56 PMaway - #26
Inhale 

d 
space
$97 | 19735701
if you get more than one card, and pay them off one card with another... as long as you don't mess around and spend more than you have.. that's a good way to build up your credit
 04-17-2006, 06:06 PMaway - #27
midwestgrittin 

d 
space
$312 | 10862
will give you a free credit report and will allow you to dispute anything on your credit report. Just a heads up search experian for your credit report. I found them to be the best.
 04-23-2006, 06:42 PMaway - #28
lakerz 

d 
space
$58 | 732
all good info, fyi you can file for bankruptcy once and some companies will still issue you credit cards/loans. however if you file for bankruptcy atleast twice then thats pretty much the end of uf credit history, no bank/cc company will ever take the chance on you.
 04-30-2006, 03:48 AMonline - #29
canal_boys 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,664 | 8881416
Originally Posted by midwestgrittin
will give you a free credit report and will allow you to dispute anything on your credit report. Just a heads up search experian for your credit report. I found them to be the best.
wtf dont even work
 06-01-2006, 06:20 PMaway - #30
stickyknots 

d 
space
$80 | 2206
i got a cell phone bill in my name with 2 other people on it. i pay on time but they always late. do u think it will still lower my score?
 06-09-2006, 10:57 AMaway - #31
markus 

d 
space
$1,159 | 162836
nah it doesn't lower your score unless you haven't paid for long periods of time and they send your account to the collections department. They usually send u a notice (or maybe a few of them) before they do it though.

actually, paying your cell phone on time or most of the time doesn't effect your credit score. in fact, it doesn't appear on your credit at all. it only appears when you refuse to pay ur unpaid balance.
 06-09-2006, 10:58 AMaway - #32
markus 

d 
space
$1,159 | 162836
Originally Posted by canal_boys
wtf dont even work

thats what they meant to put.
 06-09-2006, 05:58 PMaway - #33
mc_breed 

d 
space
$1,648 | 73228
gotta keep that credit clean
 06-17-2006, 01:52 PMaway - #34
anseltmchs 3 heat pts

d 
space
$496 | 1517343
i look at credit as a game. i'm 22 and my score is 741 as of may 06.
 06-19-2006, 08:38 PMaway - #35
fulgazey 

d 
space
$314 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stickyknots
i got a cell phone bill in my name with 2 other people on it. i pay on time but they always late. do u think it will still lower my score?
Yes. Your name is on the account and you are a "owner" of that account. Get your own if someone else is messing up. Don't ride the wave down with them.
 06-20-2006, 12:07 PMaway - #36
jaydee563 

d 
space
$260 | 2890492
Originally Posted by xbuix15
dont know if this has been posted, but if you have several credit cards and DONT USE THEM, it will help your credit score. having several cards means that you have access to more money than you would with one card. so having a couple cards on the side will help. just dont get too many, because credit companies will get suspicious

Actually if you have several cards and don't use them that is actually isn't good from a credit card company standpoint. Those credit card companies review your credit card accts pretty regularly and if the see accts that have been used for sometime or even ever they will close them and it will show as closed by the creditor which reflects negatively on your credit(especially if you apply for new credit cards, etc.)
 06-20-2006, 02:48 PMaway - #37
markus 

d 
space
$1,159 | 162836
Originally Posted by jaydee563
Actually if you have several cards and don't use them that is actually isn't good from a credit card company standpoint. Those credit card companies review your credit card accts pretty regularly and if the see accts that have been used for sometime or even ever they will close them and it will show as closed by the creditor which reflects negatively on your credit(especially if you apply for new credit cards, etc.)
agreed, but the creditor will never cancel or close your account without a person's consent. the only way they can do that is if you don't pay your bill...

but yeah, its better to use your credit cards regularly, just make sure u only spend amounts of money you can pay back. Keep doing this and it will show a good credit history. The reason credit companies don't like to see accts that are not active is because they need to see that you know how to pay your bills on time. and if you don't have a credit history, its impossible for them to do this.
 06-20-2006, 07:24 PMaway - #38
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$7,016 | 12447073
Originally Posted by markus
agreed, but the creditor will never cancel or close your account without a person's consent. the only way they can do that is if you don't pay your bill...

Actually if you have a card that hasnt been used in a 5-6 month period they will close the card out automatically thinking that you never received it or never used it. which will look good on your credit though

i had one card that they did that too
 06-21-2006, 08:12 AMaway - #39
jaydee563 

d 
space
$260 | 2890492
Originally Posted by markus

but yeah, its better to use your credit cards regularly, just make sure u only spend amounts of money you can pay back. Keep doing this and it will show a good credit history. The reason credit companies don't like to see accts that are not active is because they need to see that you know how to pay your bills on time. and if you don't have a credit history, its impossible for them to do this.
The credit card's definition of you giving your consent = you verbally agreeing by phone or signing a credit card application and getting approved for your credit card

The credit card company that I worked for closed unused accts out all the time and then sent you a letter or notice( if you were lucky) to let you know they did it. If you weren't lucky enough to get a letter, you usually found out after pulling your credit report and seeing the "closed by creditor" notice on your credit report. You usually don't want your credit report showing that the credit card company closed the acct for you regardless of what the reason is.

Last edited by jaydee563; 06-21-2006 at 08:13 AM..
 06-21-2006, 09:22 AMaway - #40
Shizz|M 

d 
space
$7,016 | 12447073
Originally Posted by jaydee563
The credit card's definition of you giving your consent = you verbally agreeing by phone or signing a credit card application and getting approved for your credit card

The credit card company that I worked for closed unused accts out all the time and then sent you a letter or notice( if you were lucky) to let you know they did it. If you weren't lucky enough to get a letter, you usually found out after pulling your credit report and seeing the "closed by creditor" notice on your credit report. You usually don't want your credit report showing that the credit card company closed the acct for you regardless of what the reason is.
Yeah let me add to that. not matter what you stuff is.. even if you know you owe them.. DOnt let them Close the account out.. if you find out (barring you got a letter.) have them open teh account back up and then you call back a few days later and close it out your self. This will report as "Closes by Client" and this will report good on your credit; giving that you balance is satisfatory

NFL Cris Carter was asked on M & M who would you take Beckha..
123 comments
NFL Charles Woodson & Derek Carr among teammates who want To..
50 comments
NBA Josh Smith to the Rockets?
84 comments
 Video inside J. Cole "love Yourz" Wanted To Kill Myself T...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 286 comments - by NiteTerroz
 Image(s) inside Fat Trel Wit Proof Shy Glizzy Gay
New reply 10 minutes ago - 205 comments - by Muunsta
 NFL Week 16 Monday Night Football: Denver Broncos (11-3) V...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 498 comments - by DaDon23
 Image(s) inside Chief Keef's Art Show/gallery #picassosaseason
New reply 11 minutes ago - 87 comments - by RIP4SBG
 NBA Report: Josh Smith To Be Waived By Pistons
New reply 5 minutes ago - 174 comments - by Dee Grande
 Image(s) inside Lil Wayne Gets Eye & Arabic Text Tattooed On His F...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 122 comments - by Danny M
  T.i Defending His Goddess Iggy On Twitter
New reply 5 minutes ago - 178 comments - by Kalifornicated
  Dec 21 - Police Dispatch Audio Of Two Nypd Officer Shot
New reply 15 minutes ago - 106 comments - by lifeofaYG

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,854 following and 4 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.