This is BX @ Boxden.com

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?

New replies will show automatically every 5 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?
 12-15-2012, 02:38 PMaway - #61
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$15,219 | POWERFUL
My boy got a job... he was a convicted felon for a violent offence, mind you. He got hired for a Christian based trucking company (people hear this and say, well it was Christian--good people, forgiving, understanding etc). But in reality, they were really judgemental, the only reason he got on is because his homeboy put his name on the line--saying if he don't work out you can fire him as well.

!! was real. Anywho, he's now a lead with the team... I mean he works in the office now, gets his hands dirty still in the warehouse but he's making about $20 something an hour.
 12-16-2012, 10:58 AMaway - #62
DaForce13 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$4,059 | POWERFUL
Good to hear some success stories man... keep grinding brothers. Keep that head up
 12-16-2012, 12:46 PMaway - #63
Taste Maker 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$2,950 | POWERFUL
can you rap?
 12-20-2012, 12:48 PMaway - #64
deboe953 

d 
space
$22 | 337403
get into the stock market. sales jobs.start a business or non profit organization. my bro is a felon, hasnt had a job in 7 years, with a few drug charges; Fluffed a resume , put some bs job contact info that was a friends # , and got a job at a high end buffet in Vegas after a good recommendation. I think its the resume that really matters. cant put a half a$s resume to go along with your CR.
 12-20-2012, 03:24 PMaway - #65
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,110 | 14506055
OP here..

I'm glad I saw this on top of the section again..

I hope this thread helps people.

It's crazy, my very first post shows how worried/depressed I was..

Now I've never been happier in my life.

Good luck to everyone and just remember I'm living proof you can make it after a conviction..

First step is ACCEPTANCE (took a long time)..

after that everything falls in line.. just work hard and PAY YOUR DUES..

Feel free to ask more questions.. I want to help people!
 12-20-2012, 04:44 PMaway - #66
ARosary 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$4,554 | POWERFUL
So many case-by-case scenarios really. I’ll just speak generally for those labeled a typical ‘Loser’ & didn’t sit longer than 10……

-Motivational Speaker/Writer (you’d be surprise if you perfected your craft & found something passionate to speak on (i.e maybe your past tribulations) how many opportunities & how much money companies/employers will pay you to come speak.

-Computer Technology –left it vague purposely. Get into the computer field, though you may not be eligible for certain security clearances depending on where you apply obviously….trust, I know a few previous ‘Losers’ that +180 their life.

-jobs just to maintain livelihood are really city by city.

…more importantly; if you have the ability, try to have your record expunged (also city by city)..depends how old & where you live on if they even can entertain concealing your record

New replies will show automatically every 5 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  These 11's Tho>>>>>
93 comments
Hopkins-Shumenov//Porter-Malignaggi//Quillin-Konecny[4-19-14][S..
180 comments
NBA Official Oklahoma City Thunder (2) vs Memphis Grizzlies ..
288 comments
  What Is Your Age And What Are You Top 20 Favorite Hip-...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 93 comments - by Pitts Gutta
 NBA Hawks Vs Pacers - Nba Playoffs - Round #1 Eastern Conf...
New reply 27 minutes ago - 1040 comments - by katalist
 Video inside Drake Just Took A Shot At Jay During The Nets/raptors ...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 185 comments - by demari
 NBA Eastern Conference 1st Round: #3 Toronto Raptors (48-3...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 1497 comments - by maxnn
 Image(s) inside Survived 2 Ab0rtions...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 66 comments - by chris21
 Video inside Papoose Explains His Thoughts About Jay-z On Vlad Tv
New reply 30 minutes ago - 52 comments - by strungout
 MMA Ufc On Fox 11: Werdum Vs. Browne
New reply 22 minutes ago - 275 comments - by Jago
  "i Didn't Speak To Jay For 2 Weeks After Ether&qu...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 197 comments - by YungPrinceNY

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,704 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,651 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.