This is BX @ Boxden.com

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?
 02-09-2012, 11:42 AMaway - #41
qnz raw pusha 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$2,326 | 11513538
alott of my friend are convicted felons and they cant find any jobs besides retail and sometimes it hard to get a job there...its mostly who you know some places have jobs just for felons buts it mostly labor
 11-21-2012, 11:31 AMonline - #42
stizz44 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$697 | 9460145
Go back to school and learn either Information Technology or Computer Information Systems.

Ive heard of dudes that worked in the field, did a bid, and after doing the bid got jobs with a snap of a finger.
 11-21-2012, 04:06 PMaway - #43
nbrock 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$1,187 | 12210796
My uncle is a convicted muderer served 25 years to be exact...works construction he is on the union made 110 thousand last year with over time
 11-21-2012, 04:22 PMaway - #44
AKS MUZIK 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
<<<-----------
 11-22-2012, 12:31 AMaway - #45
LexHeyden 9 heat pts

d 
space
$7,863 | POWERFUL
My boy had a great job in the legal department at Ford. He had a long a$s rap sheet but went to prison for strong arm robbery (used to rob drug dealers). Lost his job when the company downsized though.
 11-22-2012, 01:34 AMonline - #46
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I_REP_VA
Update:

Just told my employers this morning as they offered me a full time offer yesterday.

Everything is good. They didn't lay me off.

Since this is government regulated, there will be some limitations for me, but for the most part I am just relieved to get it off my chest and my CEO and COO seem to be cool with it.

I will keep you updated on exactly what my offer will be, as they are making sure it's okay with regulations and pay roll.
How much did they offer keep us update?
 11-24-2012, 05:49 PMaway - #47
jwindigo2k4 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$3,877 | POWERFUL
i got a few peeps that got into trades and ended up starting they own company

yall never would tell the #### they used to do now
 11-25-2012, 12:28 PMaway - #48
Universal~Mind 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$11,620 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Zaosyn
My uncle was in prison for 5 years for theft. He got out and got a job sorta quickly if I recall. His dad was working at an oil change center and his dad kinda got him the job. Eventually his dad fell off a ladder and couldn't work no more and my uncle stole money from the oil change center and got fired

Now he's 34 and about once or twice a week drives his truck around looking for scrap metal people got out in their yard waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks and he takes that to the scrap yard and cashes in oh yeah and hes a crack head lol

So I guess what I'm saying is- Having friends or family who can put in a good word for you is incredibly helpful. You also need to set yourself apart from the other 10 people trying to apply for the same job as you who DON'T have a felony.

oh wait you asked for GOOD jobs nah bruh you can kiss that good bye. You might beable to get on as a UPS delivery man
Where do you get off thinking UPS or Fedex or any Courier job hires convicted felons?
 11-26-2012, 07:54 AMaway - #49
jutnice 

d 
space
$2,166 | 947024
I'm a 3 time felon been a auto mechanic for the last 9 year's. Making decent doe
 11-26-2012, 09:40 AMaway - #50
Niruggg 137 heat pts137

d 
space
$12,142 | POWERFUL
already got finance and marketing undergraduate degrees.. so I guess I'm paranoid.

I still hear stories about people getting top security clearance in the government... and some government contractors getting felons - this is where I work now, but I gotta break it to my employer soon that I will be convicted. SO i'll let ya'll know soon if I do.

everyone else reading.. please keep posting succes stories!
so you got a job and you're about to be convicted? so explain to you're employer your situation and see if you can get your job back once you get out
 11-26-2012, 11:20 AMonline - #51
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,492 | 16918015
OP UPDATE:

I apologize for not updating this thread. However, fortunately, the reason for this is that I have been busy WORKING..

Still at the same company. I have run across some obstacles. I was trying to get my security clearance for the work I was doing for FHA (which I was a top analyst), but got kicked off indefinitely. I do not know for sure if it was my criminal record, but personally I believe my sponsor at FHA messed it up for me by being a lazy governmental jerk off.

Oh well, I am put on a new project, but I really do feel restrictions from my record.

I'm still counting my blessings and currently planning to get my CGFM (CERTIFIED GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL MANAGER) certification, hopefully making me more marketable and skilled for this corporate gig.

If ya'll got any questions, get at @ me.

Good luck and stay on ya'll grind.
 12-08-2012, 01:57 AMaway - #52
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts

d 
space
$6,585 | 20920567
My homie WG did ten years for shooting at a cop after a robbery. He works in a mill and that ni##a makes some serious bread. It's not typical though I got other homies who can't even make it past a temp once they run the background check. I will say tho he told me from jump he kept it real even in his interview he explained what he did.
 12-08-2012, 07:45 AMaway - #53
MentallyDisturb 2 heat pts

d 
space
$213 | 1350760
They make wonderful corporate and government goons...freelancers.
 12-08-2012, 10:57 AMaway - #54
S E L F 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,052 | 4863541
Originally Posted by Zaosyn
oh wait you asked for GOOD jobs nah bruh you can kiss that good bye. You might beable to get on as a UPS delivery man

UPS... delivery man? As in the guy who drives one of their trucks around? Seriously?

That's a good job for anybody. Lifetime achievement award for a convicted felon.
 12-08-2012, 11:17 AMaway - #55
sm00vb0iiw0nder 5 heat pts

d 
space
$18,984 | POWERFUL
My pops a psychologist at Riker's now

Getting that government cheddar living lavish
 12-08-2012, 12:00 PMaway - #56
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$3,829 | POWERFUL
You can try to get a degree and kinda offset that Felony..
I know plenty of people that got Degrees after they got out ..
Some work for the city.... some make 30k at McDonalds

but if its something like Strong Arm Robbery, a$sault,r### or anything where you actually harmed an actual person..... its gonna be a harder road.

Take ANYTHING.. even that low level McD or BK.. because if you go for an interview and show them you're busting your a$$ ... They're thinking well dam he could be doing that HERE.

Im speaking from experience in this area and would not like to elaborate more.....
 12-08-2012, 01:39 PMaway - #57
Superboy504 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,370 | 7090444
I'm sayin, you probably wont get a job working at a bank or anything, but being a barber or someone who work on cars is very possible.
 12-08-2012, 01:50 PMaway - #58
Alf 

d 
space
$440 | 4538982
OP UPDATE:

I apologize for not updating this thread. However, fortunately, the reason for this is that I have been busy WORKING..

Still at the same company. I have run across some obstacles. I was trying to get my security clearance for the work I was doing for FHA (which I was a top analyst), but got kicked off indefinitely. I do not know for sure if it was my criminal record, but personally I believe my sponsor at FHA messed it up for me by being a lazy governmental jerk off.

Oh well, I am put on a new project, but I really do feel restrictions from my record.

I'm still counting my blessings and currently planning to get my CGFM (CERTIFIED GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL MANAGER) certification, hopefully making me more marketable and skilled for this corporate gig.

If ya'll got any questions, get at @ me.

Good luck and stay on ya'll grind.
Just a reasonable guess, but I would be 99% confident that you did not get the FHA clearance because of the record. I worked in legal at a large healthcare organization that had government contracts. If you a company has government contracts with HHS or CMS, they require background checks and drug tests for all employees. Maybe the FHA has something similar????

As far as the guy who said something about kissing an attorney job goodbye, not true. Most states (and michigan for sure) don't necessarily look at what you did in the past, they look at who you are now. They will use the past as an indicator, but it is not a deciding factor at all. I am about to start filling out my "character and fitness" info for the bar and we just had a judge who sits on the character and fitness review committee and she said that as long as you are candid and admit that you were wrong and learned from the experience you will probably not have any problems.

Then again, it is up for debate whether or not an attorney is a good job.... crazy hours and low pay when starting out.

P.s. there are two convicted murd3rers who are admitted to practice in Michigan.
 12-09-2012, 08:28 PMonline - #59
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S E L F

UPS... delivery man? As in the guy who drives one of their trucks around? Seriously?

That's a good job for anybody. Lifetime achievement award for a convicted felon.
You know UPS drivers make like 55k-73k right?
 12-15-2012, 02:38 PMaway - #60
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$16,230 | POWERFUL
My boy got a job... he was a convicted felon for a violent offence, mind you. He got hired for a Christian based trucking company (people hear this and say, well it was Christian--good people, forgiving, understanding etc). But in reality, they were really judgemental, the only reason he got on is because his homeboy put his name on the line--saying if he don't work out you can fire him as well.

#### was real. Anywho, he's now a lead with the team... I mean he works in the office now, gets his hands dirty still in the warehouse but he's making about $20 something an hour.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Xbox Won multitasking at work (Party/Movie/Game)
94 comments
MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals vs. San Franci..
234 comments
NBA Derrick Rose Highlights vs. Cavs - 30PTS (12/18 FG, 4/5..
59 comments
  Chief Keef Dropped From Interscope
New reply 58 seconds ago - 297 comments - by youngige
 Video inside Hannibal Buress Called Bill Cosby A Rapist During A St...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Ham Rove
 NFL Peyton Manning Sex Scandal: Largely Forgotten, Even Wi...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 61 comments - by illmatic826
 Image(s) inside Oct 20 - There's One Skill Worth More Than A Harvard D...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 124 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA George Lopez Rips Lebron James & Nba (video)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Dray
  Omarion Breaks Up With Girlfriend Apryl After She Refu...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 206 comments - by weeknd44
 Video inside Dej Loaf X Dj Whoo Kid - Bird Call (official Music Vid...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 62 comments - by akverse47
  10 Producers Accused Of Making The Same Beat Over And ...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 139 comments - by sittinpretti

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,792 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.