This is BX @ Boxden.com

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?
 03-22-2011, 08:55 PMonline - #21
hulk161 1 heat pts

d 
space
$743 | 1083222
It depends on your felony and your background. Many companies have government contracts with businesses so that's why they do the background checks also companies want poster child workers that reflect a positive image.

Just keep applying bro and be honest when you fill out applications. Many employers really give guys a second chance just depends on your background and the distance between your past offense.

I'm sure it intimidates you to see the prior offense section but I've hired a guy in the past that had a offense and it turned out great.

Good luck
 03-25-2011, 07:07 AMaway - #22
Slicedadon 

d 
space
$390 | 1286891
I couldn't find a decent job after graduation in 2008, got knocked sellin coke the next year, haven't been able to find a good job yet. Everyone I know with a felony got bull#### jobs or is still hustling....it's the life we chose, and this country doesn't forgive you. The CEO's who sniff coke every day won't hire a person who got caught sellin it...go figure
 03-25-2011, 09:57 AMaway - #23
82Koo 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,689 | 4417911
Real talk if you can’t find work then you need to pm me. Check out our team’s website where the computer gives you promotions so there is no stereotype or racial a$sumptions. We are a group of black man from around Uptown Washington, DC and we all got tired of not getting the money we feel we deserve from our employers so we did something about it. Holla at me if you feel like you’re in the same predicament.
 03-25-2011, 01:07 PMaway - #24
"SS" 7 heat pts

d 
space
$8,420 | POWERFUL
#### i dont even have a felony but a serious as misdemeanor (unlawful possession of a firearm) back in 07, even though i only had it and didnt use it in any crime its considered a violent crime and it has been biting me in the a$s ever since. i was working at a decent job when i got the charge and ended up gettin laid off, now every interview i go on they tell me yea everything sounds good we will give u a call back and get the hiring process started and in 2 years i have not heard back from one company after that point. i actually have an interview at a pawnshop in about an hour and i been wondering all morning do i wanna tell them off the top and see where it goes or just say #### it and hope they dont catch it. i have tried both ways and neither have worked for me this far.
 03-25-2011, 01:21 PMaway - #25
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
You could always try to be a wrestler if you got the body and charisma for it pauze

or a MMA f!ghter
 03-25-2011, 01:44 PMaway - #26
shoeprano27 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$5,489 | POWERFUL
im a convicted felon. im an office administrator.
 03-25-2011, 02:40 PMaway - #27
ClevelandRay 

d 
space
$2,391 | 6031537
Originally Posted by RustyLorcin
I think Judge Mathis is a convicted Felon? or is that all fake? If that's the case.. you could still be a Attorney i guess it all depends on the type of felony.
he went to jail at 17 but didn't go to prison. his record did cause him some issues but it didn't stop him
 04-02-2011, 03:58 PMaway - #28
AKS MUZIK 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$5,721 | POWERFUL
VA,

Wha happend? Everything cool?
 04-02-2011, 05:04 PMaway - #29
kingdav1d179295 

d 
space
$14 | 501
Originally Posted by I_REP_VA
Preferably in Corporate America or Government.. but any industry.

Hopefully this thread can be a good place to give some of us hope and also get some advice.
I was locked up for 3 1/2 years and when came home I walked into a Corporate Trainer position for XM Satellite Radio, now I work for Facebook at home or the beach or the VIP room so yes convicted felons do have oppourtunities
 04-05-2011, 01:22 PMaway - #30
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,528 | 17128020
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco
VA,

Wha happend? Everything cool?
wassup Benny

Chillin.

I am officially a convicted felon. Been about 2 weeks now.

I'm still working as a government contractor. I didn't let my employer now because they did not give me a full time offer yet.

However, they are definitely going to give me an offer just don't know when and I will tell them the honest truth.

Until then, just still grinding. I'll keep updating.

Thanks for your concern.
 04-05-2011, 04:17 PMaway - #31
TheCityOnMyMind 89 heat pts89

d 
space
$5,901 | POWERFUL
yes, me!

Im a two time felon under HYTA, Whats HYTA?

"If you were sentenced under Michigan's "Holmes Youthful Trainee Act", you were arrested, charged, and entered a guilty plea, but if you successfully complete your probation you are not convicted - that is, upon successful completion of HYTA probation no conviction is entered in your record."

i ####ed up twice, but i got a good job, my own place, nice car. and one of those arrests happend while i worked there, without that job, and the $$ i got from it, I'd be in prison.
 04-05-2011, 04:25 PMaway - #32
bernadoobie 

d 
space
$11,213 | POWERFUL
Let me preface this by saying I'm not a felon, but I do have a criminal record.

With that in mind, it's very possible. I've had not only one but two really good corporate, salaried jobs (including my current position) and both did background checks. Both times I was honest beforehand, and they understood and gave me a chance anyway. Keep in mind though, both were private companies who held this discrepancy on their own.

Everyone makes mistakes...I think the most important thing is to TELL THE TRUTH. It shows remorse and a genuine desire to change. a$suming you actually mean it.

I have to ask though...why did you get the felony if you already had a degree and a good-paying job? Seems a$s backwards.
 04-05-2011, 08:00 PMaway - #33
PrisonRules 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$15,851 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by smurfdoran
they were already est@blished.
alot of convicted felons are
 04-06-2011, 10:21 AMaway - #34
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,528 | 17128020
Originally Posted by bernadoobie
Let me preface this by saying I'm not a felon, but I do have a criminal record.

With that in mind, it's very possible. I've had not only one but two really good corporate, salaried jobs (including my current position) and both did background checks. Both times I was honest beforehand, and they understood and gave me a chance anyway. Keep in mind though, both were private companies who held this discrepancy on their own.

Everyone makes mistakes...I think the most important thing is to TELL THE TRUTH. It shows remorse and a genuine desire to change. a$suming you actually mean it.

I have to ask though...why did you get the felony if you already had a degree and a good-paying job? Seems a$s backwards.
well I got my charge DURING my last semester before I got my degree and I got this job 8 months after the charge..

I know, I had a lot going for me, but I had my own business and I was making good money. Had about 40-50 stacks saved up and was going to stop after I graduated, but you know all I can say is...

Lesson Learned.
 04-09-2011, 12:34 AMaway - #35
WOODS5000 

d 
space
$1,992 | POWERFUL
My homie is security at the Club/Bar makin 90-110 a night Untaxed Cash Money 4 nights a week...fck it!
 04-09-2011, 03:21 PMaway - #36
gilbydakid 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,764 | 4478195
I understand you're looking for a job now.

But in 7 to 10 years you can have the felony expunged from your record.

Also check your neighborhood community centers they're resourceful and usually know of employers who are felon friendly.
 04-09-2011, 04:58 PMaway - #37
waytoomuch 2 heat pts

d 
space
$15,190 | POWERFUL
yea n there all white. go figure
 04-10-2011, 01:50 AMaway - #38
hockeythug 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$17,662 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WOODS5000
My homie is security at the Club/Bar makin 90-110 a night Untaxed Cash Money 4 nights a week...fck it!
Big ballin
 04-12-2011, 04:43 PMaway - #39
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,528 | 17128020
Update:

Just told my employers this morning as they offered me a full time offer yesterday.

Everything is good. They didn't lay me off.

Since this is government regulated, there will be some limitations for me, but for the most part I am just relieved to get it off my chest and my CEO and COO seem to be cool with it.

I will keep you updated on exactly what my offer will be, as they are making sure it's okay with regulations and pay roll.
 02-05-2012, 07:41 AMaway - #40
hustleinc.com 

d 
space
$1,014 | 2352520
move to willistonm north dakota (im serious) they have a job shortage bc of an oil boom, the issue is though its in the middle of no where.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 22 - Newtown massacre shooter Adam Lanza indulged..
60 comments
Image inside  Nov 22 - How Many Homeless People Will Freeze To Deat..
57 comments
BOX Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri[11-22-14][HBO-PPV]
654 comments
 Image(s) inside Bow Wow Blasts 'black Folks' & “the Homies Just Dr...
New reply 49 seconds ago - 112 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
  Jay Z Won :wadedatass:
New reply 5 minutes ago - 110 comments - by sigNN
 Image(s) inside Capo Threatens To Take Quavo's New Chain To #phshew!!!...
New reply 1 minute ago - 51 comments - by Nasty Neighbor
 Video inside Actor Tyler James Williams (from Everybody Hates Chris...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 53 comments - by La Flare
 Image(s) inside Look At This Fine Lil Thang!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New reply 4 minutes ago - 91 comments - by tokinjohn
 Image(s) inside Walmart's Pre-black Friday Sale Kicks Off Tomorrow
New reply 13 minutes ago - 67 comments - by batmanwithprep
 NFL Aaron Rodgers Is On Another Level. Literally. (pro Foo...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 105 comments - by EGO
 Image(s) inside Janice Dickinson Submits A 1982 Photo Of Bill Cosby In...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 148 comments - by Avon_Barksdale

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX | none new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.