Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
98 viewing
 Tommy Sotomayor Threatens To Kill Cory Holcomb And Crew If..
46 comments
most viewed right now
91 viewing
 NBA SportsCenter anchor Robert Flores responds to Swaggy P..
108 comments

top in section
77 viewing
 Snoop Dogg Banned From Performing At Super Bowl Because Of Ig..
top in hiphop
top in section
12 viewing
 Image inside Qadirah aka bellaagunz
top in eyecandy

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?
topic by I_REP_VA - 03-21-2011, 08:58 PM


Preferably in Corporate America or Government.. but any industry.

Hopefully this thread can be a good place to give some of us hope and also get some advice.



65 comments for "Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


 03-21-2011, 09:10 PMaway - #2
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255 space
avatar
space
$13,114 | POWERFUL
My uncle was in prison for 5 years for theft. He got out and got a job sorta quickly if I recall. His dad was working at an oil change center and his dad kinda got him the job. Eventually his dad fell off a ladder and couldn't work no more and my uncle stole money from the oil change center and got fired

Now he's 34 and about once or twice a week drives his truck around looking for scrap metal people got out in their yard waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks and he takes that to the scrap yard and cashes in oh yeah and hes a crack head lol

So I guess what I'm saying is- Having friends or family who can put in a good word for you is incredibly helpful. You also need to set yourself apart from the other 10 people trying to apply for the same job as you who DON'T have a felony.


oh wait you asked for GOOD jobs nah bruh you can kiss that good bye. You might beable to get on as a UPS delivery man
 03-21-2011, 10:02 PMaway - #3
AKS MUZIK 26 heat pts26 space
avatar
space
$5,721 | POWERFUL
very very possible. It's not what you know it's who you know....
 03-21-2011, 10:07 PMaway - #4
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$5,643 | 17139367
Originally Posted by Zaosyn
My uncle was in prison for 5 years for theft. He got out and got a job sorta quickly if I recall. His dad was working at an oil change center and his dad kinda got him the job. Eventually his dad fell off a ladder and couldn't work no more and my uncle stole money from the oil change center and got fired

Now he's 34 and about once or twice a week drives his truck around looking for scrap metal people got out in their yard waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks and he takes that to the scrap yard and cashes in oh yeah and hes a crack head lol

So I guess what I'm saying is- Having friends or family who can put in a good word for you is incredibly helpful. You also need to set yourself apart from the other 10 people trying to apply for the same job as you who DON'T have a felony.


oh wait you asked for GOOD jobs nah bruh you can kiss that good bye. You might beable to get on as a UPS delivery man
heh.. hi hater.. your post just fuel to the fire
 03-21-2011, 10:07 PMaway - #5
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$5,643 | 17139367
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco
very very possible. It's not what you know it's who you know....
Is this from personal experience? or do you know anyone?
 03-22-2011, 10:37 AMaway - #6
AwolRJ 3 heat pts space
avatar
space
$2,184 | 19530235
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco
very very possible. It's not what you know it's who you know....
thats it right there. I would say more then half the ppl got there job because who they f**king know and it is BS.
 03-22-2011, 12:35 PMaway - #7
AKS MUZIK 26 heat pts26 space
avatar
space
$5,721 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I_REP_VA
Is this from personal experience? or do you know anyone?
Both....
 03-22-2011, 02:01 PMaway - #8
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11 space
avatar
space
$2,729 | 14612732
Well dude.. you can forget about the goverment.
Forget about any professorial licenses like Attorney, Architecture, Medical Practioner etc...

You are tagged as a felon and to the goverment you are now worth more in Prison than outside of it..

You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at trading commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is not r*pe or something like that.


But.. at that point they will be hiring you for their best interests, and if you are good enough to be hired to trade for them, you might as well trade for yourself and be your own boss.

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 03-22-2011 at 02:33 PM..
 03-22-2011, 02:26 PMonline - #9
pnoi89 3 heat pts space
avatar
space
$7,904 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RustyLorcin
Well dude.. you can forget about the goverment.
Forget about any professorial licenses like Attorney, Architecture, Medical Practioner etc...

You are tagged as a felon and to the goverment you are now worth more in Prison than outside of it..


You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at training commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is not r*pe or something like that.


But.. at that point they will be hiring you for their best interests, and if you are good enough to be hired to trade for them, you might as well trade for yourself and be your own boss.
Co-Sign with the bolded.

I have a friend who got in the doors as a felon as a mechanical engineer tech. From what I understand, though the government jobs separates you as a felon and a non-felon, a lot of employers don't see felons as a group. Like the guy said above, it definitely depends on what you were convicted on.

Good luck and keep applying.
 03-22-2011, 02:40 PMaway - #10
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11 space
avatar
space
$2,729 | 14612732
I think Judge Mathis is a convicted Felon? or is that all fake? If that's the case.. you could still be a Attorney i guess it all depends on the type of felony.
 03-22-2011, 02:56 PMaway - #11
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$5,643 | 17139367
Originally Posted by RustyLorcin
I think Judge Mathis is a convicted Felon? or is that all fake? If that's the case.. you could still be a Attorney i guess it all depends on the type of felony.
naw.. that's true.
 03-22-2011, 02:57 PMaway - #12
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$5,643 | 17139367
Originally Posted by RustyLorcin
Well dude.. you can forget about the goverment.
Forget about any professorial licenses like Attorney, Architecture, Medical Practioner etc...

You are tagged as a felon and to the goverment you are now worth more in Prison than outside of it..

You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at trading commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is not r*pe or something like that.


But.. at that point they will be hiring you for their best interests, and if you are good enough to be hired to trade for them, you might as well trade for yourself and be your own boss.
already got finance and marketing undergraduate degrees.. so I guess I'm paranoid.

I still hear stories about people getting top security clearance in the government... and some government contractors getting felons - this is where I work now, but I gotta break it to my employer soon that I will be convicted. SO i'll let ya'll know soon if I do.

everyone else reading.. please keep posting succes stories!

Last edited by I_REP_VA; 03-22-2011 at 03:00 PM..
 03-22-2011, 03:13 PMaway - #13
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11 space
avatar
space
$2,729 | 14612732
I'm not saying you cant get a job in the government but it's going to be SUPER hard.. you will need something to balance out the "lack of responsibility & lack of trust" stigma thats attached to you.

I'm not in your shoes so I don't know, But i'll tell you one thing, if I was thrown in prison the last thing i would want to do is work for the government when and if i came out.

You can make more money designing websites than a government employee anyway...f**k 40k a year.
 03-22-2011, 03:57 PMaway - #14
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts space
avatar
space
$5,643 | 17139367
Originally Posted by RustyLorcin
I'm not saying you cant get a job in the government but it's going to be SUPER hard.. you will need something to balance out the "lack of responsibility & lack of trust" stigma thats attached to you.

I'm not in your shoes so I don't know, But i'll tell you one thing, if I was thrown in prison the last thing i would want to do is work for the government when and if i came out.

You can make more money designing websites than a government employee anyway...f**k 40k a year.
True that.. I agree with your statement, and I feel ya.

this is just temporary, since the jakes took all my cash, I just gotta stack up again until I start my own business.

but once again I agree with ya, f**k the government.
 03-22-2011, 04:02 PMaway - #15
gm0ney  space
avatar
space
$553 | 448068
yea you can get a good job
not really corporate jobs though
if you learn a skilled trade you can make 40 to 50K working for a company
then doing work on the side for people you can make another 10 to 25k per year under the table


edit im in va too
 03-22-2011, 04:09 PMaway - #16
USC 73 heat pts73 space
avatar
space
$16,803 | POWERFUL
Depends on what you did to earn that felony. Everything is who you know but nope, I am from Compton I know a lot of n*ggas with strikes and not what the everyday person would call a good job. Some cannot find jobs. This problem is nothing new
 03-22-2011, 05:34 PMaway - #17
get_ate  space
avatar
space
$1,623 | 6125779
Martha Stewart and Michael Vick come to mind.
 03-22-2011, 07:34 PMaway - #18
smurfdoran 20 heat pts20 space
avatar
space
$2,760 | 11240619
Originally Posted by get_ate
Martha Stewart and Michael Vick come to mind.
they were already established.
 03-22-2011, 07:59 PMonline - #19
mtva24 140 heat pts140 space
avatar
space
$6,173 | POWERFUL
It's hard getting a job w/o a felony, so you know it'll be 60x harder to get one with one. Best thing to do is find some lawyer and have him help you get the charge expunged (if possible). You can always get a blue collar job if you can't find a corporate one so you aren't completely f**ked...
 03-22-2011, 08:02 PMaway - #20
DrX 56 heat pts56 space
avatar
space
$34,925 | POWERFUL
most people who do have very good connections
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
45 viewing
How long until the Will Smith is boning Margot Robbie rumo..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
38 viewing
NBA Steve Francis Chain Snatched (video)  
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside Mar 2 - Ex-pornstar Cytherea Brutally Gang raped, F..
97 comments
@news
most viewed right now
27 viewing
MMA Cris Cyborg Ballons Up To 175 lbs 2 Days After Fight, ..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside Can u smell the lawsuit??  
58 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Video inside "Light Skin Living Lavish"  
30 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Which You are Choosing?  
177 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Why is it Illegal to collect Rain Water?  
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Frieza’s New Form in ‘Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ..
112 comments
@movies


contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   mobile   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time.