This is BX @ Boxden.com

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?

Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?
topic by I_REP_VA - 03-21-2011, 07:58 PM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Preferably in Corporate America or Government.. but any industry.

Hopefully this thread can be a good place to give some of us hope and also get some advice.

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

65 comments for "Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?"

03-21-2011, 08:10 PMaway - #2
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
My uncle was in prison for 5 years for theft. He got out and got a job sorta quickly if I recall. His dad was working at an oil change center and his dad kinda got him the job. Eventually his dad fell off a ladder and couldn't work no more and my uncle stole money from the oil change center and got fired

Now he's 34 and about once or twice a week drives his truck around looking for scrap metal people got out in their yard waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks and he takes that to the scrap yard and cashes in oh yeah and hes a crack head lol

So I guess what I'm saying is- Having friends or family who can put in a good word for you is incredibly helpful. You also need to set yourself apart from the other 10 people trying to apply for the same job as you who DON'T have a felony.

oh wait you asked for GOOD jobs nah bruh you can kiss that good bye. You might beable to get on as a UPS delivery man
 03-21-2011, 09:02 PMaway - #3
AKS MUZIK 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
very very possible. It's not what you know it's who you know....
 03-21-2011, 09:07 PMonline - #4
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,369 | 15715205
Originally Posted by Zaosyn
My uncle was in prison for 5 years for theft. He got out and got a job sorta quickly if I recall. His dad was working at an oil change center and his dad kinda got him the job. Eventually his dad fell off a ladder and couldn't work no more and my uncle stole money from the oil change center and got fired

Now he's 34 and about once or twice a week drives his truck around looking for scrap metal people got out in their yard waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks and he takes that to the scrap yard and cashes in oh yeah and hes a crack head lol

So I guess what I'm saying is- Having friends or family who can put in a good word for you is incredibly helpful. You also need to set yourself apart from the other 10 people trying to apply for the same job as you who DON'T have a felony.

oh wait you asked for GOOD jobs nah bruh you can kiss that good bye. You might beable to get on as a UPS delivery man
heh.. hi hater.. your post just fuel to the fire
 03-21-2011, 09:07 PMonline - #5
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,369 | 15715205
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco
Is this from personal experience? or do you know anyone?
 03-22-2011, 09:37 AMaway - #6
AwolRJ 3 heat pts

d 
space
$2,182 | 19530235
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco
thats it right there. I would say more then half the ppl got there job because who they ####ing know and it is BS.
 03-22-2011, 11:35 AMaway - #7
AKS MUZIK 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$5,722 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by I_REP_VA
Is this from personal experience? or do you know anyone?
Both....
 03-22-2011, 01:01 PMaway - #8
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$2,661 | 14229391
Well dude.. you can forget about the goverment.
Forget about any professorial licenses like Attorney, Architecture, Medical Practioner etc...

You are tagged as a felon and to the goverment you are now worth more in Prison than outside of it..

You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at trading commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is notr### or something like that.

But.. at that point they will be hiring you for their best interests, and if you are good enough to be hired to trade for them, you might as well trade for yourself and be your own boss.

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 03-22-2011 at 01:33 PM..
 03-22-2011, 01:26 PMonline - #9
pnoi89 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,425 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RustyLorcin
Forget about any professorial licenses like Attorney, Architecture, Medical Practioner etc...

You are tagged as a felon and to the goverment you are now worth more in Prison than outside of it..

You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at training commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is notr### or something like that.

But.. at that point they will be hiring you for their best interests, and if you are good enough to be hired to trade for them, you might as well trade for yourself and be your own boss.
Co-Sign with the bolded.

I have a friend who got in the doors as a felon as a mechanical engineer tech. From what I understand, though the government jobs separates you as a felon and a non-felon, a lot of employers don't see felons as a group. Like the guy said above, it definitely depends on what you were convicted on.

Good luck and keep applying.
 03-22-2011, 01:40 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$2,661 | 14229391
I think Judge Mathis is a convicted Felon? or is that all fake? If that's the case.. you could still be a Attorney i guess it all depends on the type of felony.
 03-22-2011, 01:56 PMonline - #11
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,369 | 15715205
I think Judge Mathis is a convicted Felon? or is that all fake? If that's the case.. you could still be a Attorney i guess it all depends on the type of felony.
naw.. that's true.
 03-22-2011, 01:57 PMonline - #12
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,369 | 15715205

You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at trading commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is notr### or something like that.

already got finance and marketing undergraduate degrees.. so I guess I'm paranoid.

I still hear stories about people getting top security clearance in the government... and some government contractors getting felons - this is where I work now, but I gotta break it to my employer soon that I will be convicted. SO i'll let ya'll know soon if I do.

everyone else reading.. please keep posting succes stories!

Last edited by I_REP_VA; 03-22-2011 at 02:00 PM..
 03-22-2011, 02:13 PMaway - #13

d 
space
$2,661 | 14229391
I'm not saying you cant get a job in the government but it's going to be SUPER hard.. you will need something to balance out the "lack of responsibility & lack of trust" stigma thats attached to you.

I'm not in your shoes so I don't know, But i'll tell you one thing, if I was thrown in prison the last thing i would want to do is work for the government when and if i came out.

You can make more money designing websites than a government employee anyway...#### 40k a year.
 03-22-2011, 02:57 PMonline - #14
I_REP_VA 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,369 | 15715205
I'm not saying you cant get a job in the government but it's going to be SUPER hard.. you will need something to balance out the "lack of responsibility & lack of trust" stigma thats attached to you.

I'm not in your shoes so I don't know, But i'll tell you one thing, if I was thrown in prison the last thing i would want to do is work for the government when and if i came out.

You can make more money designing websites than a government employee anyway...#### 40k a year.
True that.. I agree with your statement, and I feel ya.

this is just temporary, since the jakes took all my cash, I just gotta stack up again until I start my own business.

but once again I agree with ya, #### the government.
 03-22-2011, 03:02 PMonline - #15
gm0ney 

d 
space
$552 | 448068
yea you can get a good job
not really corporate jobs though
if you learn a skilled trade you can make 40 to 50K working for a company
then doing work on the side for people you can make another 10 to 25k per year under the table

edit im in va too
 03-22-2011, 03:09 PMaway - #16
USC 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$15,465 | POWERFUL
Depends on what you did to earn that felony. Everything is who you know but nope, I am from Compton I know a lot of ni##as with strikes and not what the everyday person would call a good job. Some cannot find jobs. This problem is nothing new
 03-22-2011, 03:44 PMaway - #17
Shyne-C 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$12,909 | POWERFUL
i know one who's a oil truck driver making 1800+ a week... i worked with many felons doing construction pulling in 1500 - 2000+ weekly.
 03-22-2011, 04:34 PMaway - #18
get_ate 

d 
space
$1,614 | 6020777
Martha Stewart and Michael Vick come to mind.
 03-22-2011, 06:34 PMaway - #19
smurfdoran 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$2,752 | 11030614
Originally Posted by get_ate
Martha Stewart and Michael Vick come to mind.
they were already est@blished.
 03-22-2011, 06:59 PMaway - #20
mtva24 117 heat pts117

d 
space
$5,260 | POWERFUL
It's hard getting a job w/o a felony, so you know it'll be 60x harder to get one with one. Best thing to do is find some lawyer and have him help you get the charge expunged (if possible). You can always get a blue collar job if you can't find a corporate one so you aren't completely ####ed...

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Norris Cole New Jump-Off
54 comments
Image inside  A New NBA Live Screenshot
55 comments
NBA Kobe ethers stat protecting betas
70 comments
 Article inside Joe Budden Tweeting From Jail. :deadpg:
New reply 46 seconds ago - 71 comments - by Yung Dilla
 NCAAF Ole Miss Vs Bosie State And Texas A&m Vs. Sc State.
New reply 1 minute ago - 222 comments - by JBoogie
 NFL Nfl Giving Lifetime Ban For 2nd Domestic Violence Offe...
New reply 50 seconds ago - 100 comments - by prettyklever
 Video inside Jae Millz Speaks On 7 Years With Ymcmb And Still No Al...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Guvnor
 NFL Suspended Wr Josh Gordon Considering Playing The Rest ...
New reply 53 seconds ago - 59 comments - by Clyde
 Image(s) inside The Psn Will Be Down For 13 Hours Tomorrow
New reply 7 minutes ago - 123 comments - by Pleasure Boy
 Image(s) inside Chiwire Season 7?: Opps Shot At Bosstop 16 Times
New reply 1 minute ago - 61 comments - by NoLastName
 Video inside Charlamagne "snoop Is An Icon. Everyone Knows Sno...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 68 comments - by yo0123yo

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.