This is BX @ Boxden.com


CPA Exam


 CPA Exam
 12-02-2012, 12:18 PMonline - #61
mtva24 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$5,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheAnswer1313
I also think what kind of work you do plays into it. I'm an audit manager so I found that to be easy since I've done work in it for the past 7 years.
lol you aint lying...i have a friend who works in tax, failed audit 4 times before passing...
 12-10-2012, 01:28 PMaway - #62
TheIncomparable 

  d 
space
$2,596 | 6972269
Just an update, I took REG last Thursday.... I went in extremely confident because I invested a lot of quality hours into the prep for this exam. It was absolutely brutal though. I'll post again once I get my scores.
 12-10-2012, 04:30 PMaway - #63
MOTTAFOOKAH 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,014 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheIncomparable
Just an update, I took REG last Thursday.... I went in extremely confident because I invested a lot of quality hours into the prep for this exam. It was absolutely brutal though. I'll post again once I get my scores.
Hope you pass man.. #### I might take REG first because it seems like the toughest section to me....
 12-11-2012, 08:35 PMonline - #64
mtva24 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$5,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheIncomparable
Just an update, I took REG last Thursday.... I went in extremely confident because I invested a lot of quality hours into the prep for this exam. It was absolutely brutal though. I'll post again once I get my scores.
Bro, thats how i felt about audit last wednes lol...every question was tricky and im expecting a fail... they say we should have scores Friday or Monday... I'm taking reg next...im thinking about going straight Wiley, what did you study with?
 12-14-2012, 11:28 AMonline - #65
mtva24 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$5,258 | POWERFUL
I just failed auditing w/ a 60 but i think i know why...on the bright side, im glad to finally experience one of these monstourous exams. Im gonna go hard til my Feb 2013 retake, i got this! Wish me luck bx!
 12-14-2012, 03:48 PMaway - #66
MOTTAFOOKAH 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,014 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mtva24
I just failed auditing w/ a 60 but i think i know why...on the bright side, im glad to finally experience one of these monstourous exams. Im gonna go hard til my Feb 2013 retake, i got this! Wish me luck bx!
Its all good tho man.... keep on trying.. I still have yet to schedule
 12-14-2012, 05:27 PMonline - #67
mtva24 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$5,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MOTTAFOOKAH
Its all good tho man.... keep on trying.. I still have yet to schedule
yeah im debating on whether i should do my retake and reg next window...i've been pissing around with the auditing section for the longest.
 12-18-2012, 11:58 AMaway - #68
Andre3stacks 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$14,706 | POWERFUL
I took far and got my score back failed miserably but didn't study much of my becker software. I wanna do 2 sections while im chillin during the break.
 12-18-2012, 09:14 PMonline - #69
mtva24 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$5,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Andre3stacks
I took far and got my score back failed miserably but didn't study much of my becker software. I wanna do 2 sections while im chillin during the break.
It's ok bruh We're gonna turn our L's into W's this window...keep your head up and hit them books!
 02-10-2013, 10:25 PMonline - #70
mtva24 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$5,258 | POWERFUL
Bump...I'm all scheduled for my rematch 2/27...not studying the way I want to....got a wife n 1 year old pluckin my nerves and work has been crazy as hell...oh well, it is what it is...
 02-25-2013, 02:04 PMaway - #71
TheIncomparable 

  d 
space
$2,596 | 6972269
Thought I'd give you guys an update... So I failed the REG exam I took in December 2012. I kind of figured though. Those sims were no joke. Retook the exam at the end of January. Got my scores today and passed with an 85!!!!! 2 more to go... Scheduled BEC for 4/4/13... Study materials are definitely a lot easier than REG for sure. I know of someone who took it 5 times though so I won't fall into the trap of slacking on studying. I just want to get done with this #### for real
 02-25-2013, 02:07 PMaway - #72
TheIncomparable 

  d 
space
$2,596 | 6972269
Originally Posted by mtva24
Bump...I'm all scheduled for my rematch 2/27...not studying the way I want to....got a wife n 1 year old pluckin my nerves and work has been crazy as hell...oh well, it is what it is...
best of luck man
 02-25-2013, 07:40 PMonline - #73
mtva24 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$5,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheIncomparable
best of luck man
Thanks man and congrats...Wednesdays the day...i took off tomorrow so i'm going in. Gleim multiple choice questions all day long.. I got through all of the material this time (unlike last time) and i am paying more attention to the "lightly tested" areas (cuz that's all I was tested on last time). Not really investing much time in the sims (could be my downfall) as I plan to use the AL...I just want to get this one over so I can move on to Reg.
 02-27-2013, 09:21 PMaway - #74
TheIncomparable 

  d 
space
$2,596 | 6972269
Originally Posted by mtva24
Thanks man and congrats...Wednesdays the day...i took off tomorrow so i'm going in. Gleim multiple choice questions all day long.. I got through all of the material this time (unlike last time) and i am paying more attention to the "lightly tested" areas (cuz that's all I was tested on last time). Not really investing much time in the sims (could be my downfall) as I plan to use the AL...I just want to get this one over so I can move on to Reg.
How did it go man?
 02-27-2013, 09:55 PMonline - #75
mtva24 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$5,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheIncomparable
How did it go man?
I really don't know... the test was tricky as hell...there was mad questions I have never seen before and I have been going hard on multiple choice questions this whole window...The AICPA doesn't play around

The 1st testlet was iffy, 2nd was a beast, 3rd was less wordy than 2 but still pretty tough...I had about an hour to do the sims, them ####s was all cray...I answered 3 of them straight from the Authoritative Literature...by the time I hit exit there was 3 minutes left...

I wouldn't be surprised if I have to go again, i hate audit and that is the reason that I chose to do it first...
 03-03-2013, 09:45 AMaway - #76
MOTTAFOOKAH 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,014 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by mtva24
I really don't know... the test was tricky as hell...there was mad questions I have never seen before and I have been going hard on multiple choice questions this whole window...The AICPA doesn't play around

The 1st testlet was iffy, 2nd was a beast, 3rd was less wordy than 2 but still pretty tough...I had about an hour to do the sims, them ####s was all cray...I answered 3 of them straight from the Authoritative Literature...by the time I hit exit there was 3 minutes left...

I wouldn't be surprised if I have to go again, i hate audit and that is the reason that I chose to do it first...
Do you feel that the study material helped a lot?
 04-04-2013, 09:53 PMaway - #77
TheIncomparable 

  d 
space
$2,596 | 6972269
Took BEC today....... I dont even know where to start
 04-09-2013, 04:55 PMaway - #78
MOTTAFOOKAH 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,014 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheIncomparable
Took BEC today....... I dont even know where to start
A lot of people have been sleeping on BEC.. yeah the material isn't as hard as the other sections but it still can have some tough a$s questions.. #### is all over the place.. How did you feel about it?
 04-09-2013, 05:10 PMaway - #79
Drone 40 heat pts40

  d 
space
$16,829 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tonystarks21
In canada I think CGA is equivalent to CPA, CGA is certified general accountant. I am trying to pursue that after I have completed my bachleor of commerce degree
You ever think of doing a CFA instead?
 04-12-2013, 08:14 AMaway - #80
MOTTAFOOKAH 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$9,014 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Darkdrone
You ever think of doing a CFA instead?
I am going for that after I am done with the CPA... that is a different beast in itself.. good look to anyone who goes for that...
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Whats the most you ever spent on a pair of kicks?
88 comments
Image inside  Aug 27 - North Korea Says Ferguson Response Made U.S...
66 comments
Image inside  Aug 27 - Single Men Step Forward! Beautiful Brazilian..
51 comments
 Image(s) inside Wifey Material
New reply 4 minutes ago - 112 comments - by thirsty91
 Image(s) inside Holy Sh-t Did Anyone Ever Buy This Garbage?
New reply 14 minutes ago - 124 comments - by Chedda
 NBA Michael Jordan Witnessed Scottie Pippen Getting Shaken...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 55 comments - by EmpTClip
 NFL Top 5 Wide Receivers Right Now
New reply 16 minutes ago - 82 comments - by tre0624
  Illuminati Hov Strikes Again! 106 & Park Taken Off...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 181 comments - by Young_
 Video inside Realest Sh*t On Film...sh*t That Made U Feel It
New reply 18 minutes ago - 72 comments - by TrillTalk404
 Image(s) inside Thick Or Fat And Would You Hit?
New reply 11 minutes ago - 58 comments - by lilbeast
 NFL Judge Scraps Electronic Evidence In Aaron Hernandez Mu...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Anahuac

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.