Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

CPA Exam

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
40 viewing
Well Damn If you don't Stay in the A. THEN STAY THE fukk AWAY THIS WEEKEND
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
39 viewing
Tinashe Stories Thread
140 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Image inside Pic of the day: Big Pun
151 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
23 viewing
OT ESPN reporter comes out the closet and announces that ..
281 comments
@sports
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 CPA Exam
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #21
ShadyKidd  space
space
$379 | 871098
I passed the CPA exam about 4 years ago...let me know if you have any specific questions. Here was my approach for studying:

1. Take the exams as soon as you graduate. Most I the accounting classes you take in school are very relevant to the exam so you want that information fresh in your mind. Also, you will get more busier professionally as your career goes on. Take the exam right away before your life at work becomes too busy.

2. Unless you are super confident, I would take 1 test every test window (3 month period). This will give you plenty of time to study for each test.

3. I watched every video lecture that came with my study program and took notes like I was in a class. The note taking helps you absorb more information and also makes a good reference point later.

5. After watching the video lectures, question drill like crazy. Always read the answer explanations as they contain valuable info explaining why the answer is right.

6. You should expect to put in about 50 to 80 hours of studying per test. It is definitely a lot of work, but it is worth the effort to pass your first time through.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #22
MOTTAFOOKAH 2 heat pts space
WUTS REALLY GOOD NUCKA!!!
space
$9,717 | POWERFUL
ShadyKidd said:
I passed the CPA exam about 4 years ago...let me know if you have any specific questions. Here was my approach for studying:

1. Take the exams as soon as you graduate. Most I the accounting classes you take in school are very relevant to the exam so you want that information fresh in your mind. Also, you will get more busier professionally as your career goes on. Take the exam right away before your life at work becomes too busy.

2. Unless you are super confident, I would take 1 test every test window (3 month period). This will give you plenty of time to study for each test.

3. I watched every video lecture that came with my study program and took notes like I was in a class. The note taking helps you absorb more information and also makes a good reference point later.

5. After watching the video lectures, question drill like crazy. Always read the answer explanations as they contain valuable info explaining why the answer is right.

6. You should expect to put in about 50 to 80 hours of studying per test. It is definitely a lot of work, but it is worth the effort to pass your first time through.
What section did you feel was the most challenging?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #23
ShadyKidd  space
space
$379 | 871098
MOTTAFOOKAH said:
What section did you feel was the most challenging?
It really depends what areas you are strong with. I have an audit background so I did really well on AUD and pretty good on FAR. REG was probably the hardest for me. Don't overlook BEC. Most people think it is the easiest but a common mistake is to under prepare for that test.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #24
space
$9,717 | POWERFUL
ShadyKidd said:
It really depends what areas you are strong with. I have an audit background so I did really well on AUD and pretty good on FAR. REG was probably the hardest for me. Don't overlook BEC. Most people think it is the easiest but a common mistake is to under prepare for that test.
Did you prepare for the exam by taking a class, or did you self study?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #25
ShadyKidd  space
space
$379 | 871098
MOTTAFOOKAH said:
Did you prepare for the exam by taking a class, or did you self study?
Self study. I took the exam right after I finished my masters in accountancy, so I just went through over a year of accounting courses. I was pretty disciplined with my self study and made myself do it. Most people I work with self studied and did fine. Especially if you are working full time, attending a study class could be difficult.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #26
mtva24 190 heat pts190 space
space
$7,612 | POWERFUL
ShadyKidd said:

Bruh you ain't ever lie, I can definitely agree with #1. I finished my post-baccalaureate certificate in accounting back in may and started my staff accountant job the Monday after graduation....let's just say I bought roger cpa in june for auditing and I still haven't sat yet....work is too busy and I just had my son in jan...I did get around to applying for the exam and was approved by the virginia board....I think I might schedule for the end of may
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #27
space
$9,717 | POWERFUL
mtva24 said:
Bruh you ain't ever lie, I can definitely agree with #1. I finished my post-baccalaureate certificate in accounting back in may and started my staff accountant job the Monday after graduation....let's just say I bought roger cpa in june for auditing and I still haven't sat yet....work is too busy and I just had my son in jan...I did get around to applying for the exam and was approved by the virginia board....I think I might schedule for the end of may
Congratulations on your son man, I was just wondering when does the 18 month time frame start? ( Its 18 months where I am in Pa, but Idk how it is in VA)
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #28
ShadyKidd  space
space
$379 | 871098
MOTTAFOOKAH said:
Congratulations on your son man, I was just wondering when does the 18 month time frame start? ( Its 18 months where I am in Pa, but Idk how it is in VA)
The 18 months usually start once you pass your first test. You have to pass all 4 parts within an 18 month window.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #29
beeboywhoo 18 heat pts18 space
Jettt lifeee
space
$2,913 | 16456177
Graduating here pretty soon, got to make sure i get this done before the 2014 new changes
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #30
TheIncomparable  space
space
$2,598 | 7077322
Working for one of the big 4 right now... They offered CPA Excel and Becker Live so chose CPA excel cause I was done with the classroom setting. So far I haven't taken anything.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #31
space
$9,717 | POWERFUL
TheIncomparable said:
Working for one of the big 4 right now... They offered CPA Excel and Becker Live so chose CPA excel cause I was done with the classroom setting. So far I haven't taken anything.
Eh man let us know what you think of CPA Excel... I just signed up for my Becker courses a few days ago, waiting on all the study material...
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #32
Jettt lifeee
space
$2,913 | 16456177
how do the review classes work?

say im taking FAR in apr-may does the review class for FAR happen on apr-may too? or is it a few months before?!
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #33
space
$7,612 | POWERFUL
beeboywhoo said:
how do the review classes work?

say im taking FAR in apr-may does the review class for FAR happen on apr-may too? or is it a few months before?!
Well I purchased Roger CPA review for Aud. Basically they give you a text book, a wiley book, a wiley multiple choice cd, and he tapes his lectures and posts all the videos to the site. You have 12 months to watch all of the lectures online
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #34
Jettt lifeee
space
$2,913 | 16456177
Im narrowing it down to Roger and calbecker.. roger was all you need to pass right?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #35
Tony Franks 3 heat pts space
space
$6,251 | POWERFUL
I have to take it eventually. I am dragging my feet quite a bit tho. Good thread
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #36
hockeythug 63 heat pts63 space
space
$18,481 | POWERFUL
I got the Yeager review. Got a free iPad out of it.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #37
space
$7,612 | POWERFUL
hockeythug said:
I got the Yeager review. Got a free iPad out of it.
i heard yaegar is good for everything but aud and roger is good for aud only but not for everything else
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #38
space
$18,481 | POWERFUL
mtva24 said:
i heard yaegar is good for everything but aud and roger is good for aud only but not for everything else
Good to know. I had a hard a.ss auditing teacher in college that made us do practice sims and took a lot of question out of the gleim test banks. I feel pretty good about the auditing section.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #39
Manny05 1 heat pts space
PSN - TheOpportunist08
space
$17,394 | POWERFUL
Honestly. We should make a thread and post everything we can on how to prepare for the CPA exam
What do you guys think ?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #40
space
$18,481 | POWERFUL

Thats a good forum. Got a lot of info off of.

Home > all sections > The Money Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
21 viewing
Image inside The Struggle is Real out here
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside college student drives Barbie Jeep around campus after DWI arrest
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside "Best Madden Yet" has player block air and then take out two teammates ..
66 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Post Your "Perfect Girl"
126 comments
1 day ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside How the fu-k ?
151 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Article inside [Download] Rick Ross' "Black Dollar" Drops at 3:05PM Exclusively On D..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Video inside Smack/URL Presents- Tay Roc vs Brizz Rawsteen [ANTICIPATION/DISCUSSION ..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
NBA Wolves Looking to Trade Rubio
62 comments
2 days ago
@sports
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time