This is BX @ Boxden.com


BX Side Hustle Thread


 BX Side Hustle Thread
topic by Prostyle - 01-31-2012, 01:09 AM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)


What do you guys have going as far as a side hustle? Let's use this thread to share and critique ways to make money outside of a job, I'll start with mine.

Selling Candy, Chips, and Soda- I know this sound lame as hell but I make about $25.00 a day doing this on my college campus. I make about $500 extra a month doing this, but net about $400. On the re up I got a EBT hookup where I pay dude .50 cent on the dollar which cut expenses in half.


The Goodwill Hustle- The objective of this hustle is to find undervalued stuff at thrift shops and resale them for a profit on ebay, or craigslist. This one is pretty lucrative if you know what to look for when you go in these places. I ALWAYS go on their re up days which are every Tuesday to get first dibs on the new stuff they bring in, this is essential if you want to get the good !!, I can't stress this enough. The things I look for personally are Nike Sweaters, Retro Sports Jerseys, Yugioh Cards, Retro Crew Neck Sweaters, etc. If you know your target buyers well enough you can use your discretion to buy !! you know you can unload for a profit. I usually net about $500.00 on a good month.

Livin Frugal- If you seriously want to make money, like foreal foreal, you need to make sacrifices. I persoanlly live by the 50% rule, which basically means OFF TOPS half of what ever I bring in gets saved, period, point, blank. I know most people can't do this due to other financial obligations, but to the young heads out there still living at home, take advantage.

On top of those two hustles I have a part time job which I net about $600 month doing, full time college student. All together I net about $1500 a month, which I think is pretty decent So lets hear what yall got to contribute!

-PS


share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

135 comments for "BX Side Hustle Thread"


 01-31-2012, 07:09 AMaway - #2
Damagegadget 383 heat pts383

  d 
space
$24,302 | POWERFUL
The Goodwill Hustle- B my pops made a livin flipping furniture at auctions... their prices went up and ebay came around kcufed up that whole auction game.. but definitely a great hustle
 02-02-2012, 02:22 PMaway - #3
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$5,250 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Prostyle
What do you guys have going as far as a side hustle? Let's use this thread to share and critique ways to make money outside of a job, I'll start with mine.

Selling Candy, Chips, and Soda- I know this sound lame as hell but I make about $25.00 a day doing this on my college campus. I make about $500 extra a month doing this, but net about $400. On the re up I got a EBT hookup where I pay dude .50 cent on the dollar which cut expenses in half.


The Goodwill Hustle- The objective of this hustle is to find undervalued stuff at thrift shops and resale them for a profit on ebay, or craigslist. This one is pretty lucrative if you know what to look for when you go in these places. I ALWAYS go on their re up days which are every Tuesday to get first dibs on the new stuff they bring in, this is essential if you want to get the good !!, I can't stress this enough. The things I look for personally are Nike Sweaters, Retro Sports Jerseys, Yugioh Cards, Retro Crew Neck Sweaters, etc. If you know your target buyers well enough you can use your discretion to buy !! you know you can unload for a profit. I usually net about $500.00 on a good month.

Livin Frugal- If you seriously want to make money, like foreal foreal, you need to make sacrifices. I persoanlly live by the 50% rule, which basically means OFF TOPS half of what ever I bring in gets saved, period, point, blank. I know most people can't do this due to other financial obligations, but to the young heads out there still living at home, take advantage.

On top of those two hustles I have a part time job which I net about $600 month doing, full time college student. All together I net about $1500 a month, which I think is pretty decent So lets hear what yall got to contribute!

-PS
respect/////////
 02-04-2012, 10:59 AMaway - #4
DaMassacre 

  d 
space
$2,653 | 3686120
Sport bets and playing cards
 02-04-2012, 03:56 PMaway - #5
WeezyWayne 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$598 | 3787083
selling organo gold coffee - makes me a fortune. it's an mlm, great money.
 02-04-2012, 06:04 PMaway - #6
countreenoise 

  d 
space
$196 | 413727
10 Side Hustles.
250/month=3000/year= 30,000

1.) Hair Weave
2.) Watches/Jewlery
3.) Websites Ads
4.) Day trading
5.) Jail breaking apps
6.) Part time job
7.) Tax referrals
8.) Video editing/production


I know this is only 8, but I made this list begingin of the year, and Im juggin all 8 pretty well now. I might add the thrift store hustle to my list.
 02-06-2012, 11:23 PMaway - #7
MOTTAFOOKAH 

  d 
space
$8,876 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Prostyle
The Goodwill Hustle- The objective of this hustle is to find undervalued stuff at thrift shops and resale them for a profit on ebay, or craigslist. This one is pretty lucrative if you know what to look for when you go in these places. I ALWAYS go on their re up days which are every Tuesday to get first dibs on the new stuff they bring in, this is essential if you want to get the good !!, I can't stress this enough. The things I look for personally are Nike Sweaters, Retro Sports Jerseys, Yugioh Cards, Retro Crew Neck Sweaters, etc. If you know your target buyers well enough you can use your discretion to buy !! you know you can unload for a profit. I usually net about $500.00 on a good month.
I damn near died when I seen Yu Gi Oh cards... didn't think anyone still really !!ed with hat... respect tho.. My bro used to sell candy back in high school and was netting like 200 just off candy alone
 02-07-2012, 08:29 AMaway - #8
Miles J Hughes 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$1,070 | 11698275
 02-11-2012, 09:11 AMaway - #9
Duntaz 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$3,819 | 18272857
i sell dre beats as well as phone accessories & workout programs
 02-11-2012, 01:41 PMonline - #10
123456 

  d 
space
$5,802 | 7759357
On top of a full time job getting $600 a week after taxes, I mix music. Money from that really depends...sometimes it's $200 a week, sometimes it's $50, sometimes it's nothing. But I haven't put effort into that yet so I could be making more if I put my name out there.
 02-23-2012, 08:18 AMaway - #11
Sam Rothstein 73 heat pts73

  d 
space
$41,882 | POWERFUL
Sell beats, use what you know, hip-hop is a business, more money is being made on an indepdent level.
 02-23-2012, 09:16 AMaway - #12
knAwle3ge 62 heat pts62

  d 
space
$5,913 | POWERFUL
liquidation.com

then I resell them on Amazon, Ebay or craiglist

(Just make sure u know what u buying cuz you can lose a lot of money with this)
 02-23-2012, 03:15 PMaway - #13
Duntaz 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$3,819 | 18272857
Originally Posted by knAwle3ge
liquidation.com

then I resell them on Amazon, Ebay or craiglist

(Just make sure u know what u buying cuz you can lose a lot of money with this)

I go on there from time to time in check but im kinda hesitant to !! with electronics Do you do accessories or electronics?
 02-23-2012, 07:07 PMaway - #14
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$2,656 | POWERFUL
damn for a second i thought u !!ers were actually making $25 a day selling "candy"










On the real though. Lets say you buy 28 candy bars and sell them 1 at a time..you are not going to make that much money, enough to let you eat candy for free. If you really want to make money selling candy bars you have to buy a quarter-pound of candy minimum

Last edited by CamoBoxers; 02-23-2012 at 07:09 PM..
 02-23-2012, 07:16 PMaway - #15
voewyd 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$24,129 | POWERFUL
here at the local thrift store you can go as soon as they open and expect to see 5-7 people ready to enter that !! looking to resell
 02-23-2012, 08:43 PMaway - #16
knAwle3ge 62 heat pts62

  d 
space
$5,913 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Duntaz
I go on there from time to time in check but im kinda hesitant to !! with electronics Do you do accessories or electronics?
both, just depends on the product and how good of a condition it is. I got a pickup truck, so I pick my orders up (also cheaper too). I don't trust no delivery. I also sell purses, glasses, and other !! too. You can make 750-1000 for a week if you lucky. At least a month your get 1k.

Just make sure you have a main job, and make this your second job...

Last edited by knAwle3ge; 02-23-2012 at 08:45 PM..
 02-23-2012, 09:33 PMaway - #17
Duntaz 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$3,819 | 18272857
I guess my main question is how good are "moderate condition" items
 02-24-2012, 09:21 AMaway - #18
knAwle3ge 62 heat pts62

  d 
space
$5,913 | POWERFUL
I treat them as used, but hey it works and you can sling them for half off. I just don't !! with salvage electronics, cuz thats when piece be missing or cracked screen. But you can get those item for hella cheap tho. I got 3 51' TV's (one cracked screen, and other 2 were missing cords) for $250. You just gotta find the right buyer to sell them.

Remember there's buyers and there's sellers. Which one you wanna be???
 02-24-2012, 11:31 AMaway - #19
82Koo 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$977 | 3502037
Originally Posted by WeezyWayne
selling organo gold coffee - makes me a fortune. it's an mlm, great money.
If you interested in a mlm that will make you twice your profit and real residual money inbox me
 02-24-2012, 11:32 AMaway - #20
82Koo 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$977 | 3502037
Originally Posted by countreenoise
10 Side Hustles.
250/month=3000/year= 30,000

1.) Hair Weave
2.) Watches/Jewlery
3.) Websites Ads
4.) Day trading
5.) Jail breaking apps
6.) Part time job
7.) Tax referrals
8.) Video editing/production


I know this is only 8, but I made this list begingin of the year, and Im juggin all 8 pretty well now. I might add the thrift store hustle to my list.

If you want to get down with a real business opportunity where you can get paid residually then inbox me
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
112 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
60 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
66 comments
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 256 comments - by JordanWest86
 Video inside Video Of Bleached Up Dancehall Dj Vybz Kartel’s Allege...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 51 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 107 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside This Girls Dad Came Out Of Nowhere (gif)
New reply 42 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Aleandroid
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 10 minutes ago - 90 comments - by tre0624
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 45 minutes ago - 73 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 10 minutes ago - 94 comments - by AngOmusic93
 NBA Tim Donaghy: Nba Has Told Refs To Give Nets Calls Over...
New reply 45 minutes ago - 70 comments - by ogballer32

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,649 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.