This is BX @ Boxden.com

Business mentors

Business mentors
topic by brilljt - 12-10-2012, 07:17 PM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

does anybody have a business mentor?
if so how did you choose them, and come across them?

or even a life mentor..would you say they have really helped you develop business wise etc..

i run a small business and at times have alot of spare times.. would just want to take everything to the next stage in developing my business or even a total new field.
feeling like it might be that time to maybe look for a mentor but got no idea where to start or if i should bother.

opinions,suggestions experience..im all ears
thanks in advance

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

11 comments for "Business mentors"

12-11-2012, 07:55 AMaway - #2
mcfalcons15 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,143 | 7562493
Originally Posted by TheOpulentOne
The best mentor to get is someone who has a financial interest in your business a.k.a a knowledgeable investor. I'm sure he'll make sure to give you the best advice to make sure his investment is safe.
Just because they have a financial interest in your business doesn't mean they will be a good business mentor. I have stock in several companies, doesn't mean I know sh!t about running them. Find someone who has done what you are trying to do. Tell them you want to walk in their footsteps, and learn from them the mistakes they made and the correct decisions. When someone can do a thing, they can teach a thing.
 12-11-2012, 02:18 PMaway - #3
egotistical 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6,731 | POWERFUL
Agreed with both. I would try to do both. Also, make sure you stay in connect with people in that industry constantly try going to lunch with 1 or 2 people a week in that industry.
 12-11-2012, 08:05 PMaway - #4
brilljt 

d 
space
$428 | 2148889
i been thinking about hollaring people in the same industry, but industry is very very small and competition is beyond high. thanks for those responses. defo will be checking back.
 12-12-2012, 07:13 AMaway - #5
mcfalcons15 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,143 | 7562493
Originally Posted by TheOpulentOne
Owning stock in a company through a broker and being an active investor are two different things. Look at someone like Carl Icahn then look at yourself and see the difference.
 12-12-2012, 08:29 AMaway - #6
Duntaz 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$4,409 | 20573144
I wish I had one
 12-12-2012, 12:53 PMonline - #7
mastakillah21 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,508 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by brilljt
does anybody have a business mentor?
if so how did you choose them, and come across them?

or even a life mentor..would you say they have really helped you develop business wise etc..

i run a small business and at times have alot of spare times.. would just want to take everything to the next stage in developing my business or even a total new field.
feeling like it might be that time to maybe look for a mentor but got no idea where to start or if i should bother.

opinions,suggestions experience..im all ears
thanks in advance

What up bro... I have a Mentor who works in my office, Im an Analyst and hes an Account Executive, which I eventually want to be once I put my time in. I basically just asked him if he would mind taking some time to give me some career advice. I think you will find most people would be more than happy to give you some advice if you approach them in the right way. Aslong as the person doesnt feel like you are tryna sell them something or take advantage of them they'l be happy to help you. You being in small business could try and approach someone in the same field who is more successful or somethin like that
 12-12-2012, 04:10 PMaway - #8
brilljt 

d 
space
$428 | 2148889
Originally Posted by mastakillah21
What up bro... I have a Mentor who works in my office, Im an Analyst and hes an Account Executive, which I eventually want to be once I put my time in. I basically just asked him if he would mind taking some time to give me some career advice. I think you will find most people would be more than happy to give you some advice if you approach them in the right way. Aslong as the person doesnt feel like you are tryna sell them something or take advantage of them they'l be happy to help you. You being in small business could try and approach someone in the same field who is more successful or somethin like that

Thanks g
 12-15-2012, 06:57 PMaway - #9
!ALLMONEYENT! 

d 
space
$1,810 | 2847397
Originally Posted by brilljt
i been thinking about hollaring people in the same industry, but industry is very very small and competition is beyond high. thanks for those responses. defo will be checking back.
You must and I repeat must find a mentor who is within the same industry! I understand the competition aspect, however no one has ever made it big on their own. NO one you may try to reinvent the wheel, hell go right ahead however knock down the walls of competition be honest with yourself as to where you and your business is currently and who within your industry could help you the most! Hell I dont care if its someone you hate...your enemys sometimes end up being your best friend!
 12-17-2012, 10:00 PMaway - #10
brilljt 

d 
space
$428 | 2148889
thinking about a dude i know in the industry, who was doing it big in the states.. and now in uk on a humble... thinking i have to hit him up with a proposition for the future or some ####

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 22 - Autopsy reveals Michael Brown reached for of..
79 comments
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
68 comments
Image inside  NBA LIVE 15 EA Access Full Game Trial Lands October 2..
56 comments
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 311 comments - by blafy
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Don’t Think Russell Wi...
New reply 1 hour ago - 158 comments - by st21
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 121 comments - by ajeana
 Image(s) inside Freeway Robbed For Rocafella Chain?[rumor]
New reply 1 hour ago - 65 comments - by Carlton Black
 NFL Peyton Manning Sex Scandal: Largely Forgotten, Even Wi...
New reply 43 minutes ago - 99 comments - by illmatic826
 Video inside T.i. At The Breakfast Club: Iggy & Snoop, Ebola, G...
New reply 1 hour ago - 77 comments - by BreakfastClub
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 50 minutes ago - 611 comments - by !!!
 NBA Report: Source Claims Kobe Nearly Prevented Steve Nash...
New reply 2 hours ago - 66 comments - by T.O.N.Y.

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.