Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Business mentors

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
121 viewing
 Video inside Paparazzi Got Tunechi Stressed...
62 comments
most viewed right now
88 viewing
NBA AND IT BEGINS Jahlil Okafor will ask Timberwolves not to draft him, eyeing..
145 comments

top in section
20 viewing
 Image inside Thick Milk Chocolate Tippy London
top in eyecandy
top in section
46 viewing
 Image inside May 22 - The Language Diversity In the US is Simply Astonishing!
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Business mentors
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
635 pageviews
11 comments


brilljt  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$453 | 2402036
does anybody have a business mentor?
if so how did you choose them, and come across them?

or even a life mentor..would you say they have really helped you develop business wise etc..

i run a small business and at times have alot of spare times.. would just want to take everything to the next stage in developing my business or even a total new field.
feeling like it might be that time to maybe look for a mentor but got no idea where to start or if i should bother.

opinions,suggestions experience..im all ears
thanks in advance
Reply With Quote

11 comments for "Business mentors"

- To post a comment, join the squad -


Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #2
mcfalcons15 3 heat pts space
avatar space
MJ The GOAT
space
$1,143 | 7562493
TheOpulentOne said:
The best mentor to get is someone who has a financial interest in your business a.k.a a knowledgeable investor. I'm sure he'll make sure to give you the best advice to make sure his investment is safe.
Just because they have a financial interest in your business doesn't mean they will be a good business mentor. I have stock in several companies, doesn't mean I know sh!t about running them. Find someone who has done what you are trying to do. Tell them you want to walk in their footsteps, and learn from them the mistakes they made and the correct decisions. When someone can do a thing, they can teach a thing.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #3
egotistical 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,839 | POWERFUL
Agreed with both. I would try to do both. Also, make sure you stay in connect with people in that industry constantly try going to lunch with 1 or 2 people a week in that industry.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #4
brilljt  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$453 | 2402036
i been thinking about hollaring people in the same industry, but industry is very very small and competition is beyond high. thanks for those responses. defo will be checking back.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #5
mcfalcons15 3 heat pts space
avatar space
MJ The GOAT
space
$1,143 | 7562493
TheOpulentOne said:
Owning stock in a company through a broker and being an active investor are two different things. Look at someone like Carl Icahn then look at yourself and see the difference.
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #6
Duntaz 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
I'm Hungry
space
$5,870 | POWERFUL
I wish I had one
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #7
mastakillah21 7 heat pts space
avatar space
Always Skeemin
space
$4,793 | POWERFUL
brilljt said:
does anybody have a business mentor?
if so how did you choose them, and come across them?

or even a life mentor..would you say they have really helped you develop business wise etc..

i run a small business and at times have alot of spare times.. would just want to take everything to the next stage in developing my business or even a total new field.
feeling like it might be that time to maybe look for a mentor but got no idea where to start or if i should bother.

opinions,suggestions experience..im all ears
thanks in advance

What up bro... I have a Mentor who works in my office, Im an Analyst and hes an Account Executive, which I eventually want to be once I put my time in. I basically just asked him if he would mind taking some time to give me some career advice. I think you will find most people would be more than happy to give you some advice if you approach them in the right way. Aslong as the person doesnt feel like you are tryna sell them something or take advantage of them they'l be happy to help you. You being in small business could try and approach someone in the same field who is more successful or somethin like that
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #8
brilljt  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$453 | 2402036
mastakillah21 said:
What up bro... I have a Mentor who works in my office, Im an Analyst and hes an Account Executive, which I eventually want to be once I put my time in. I basically just asked him if he would mind taking some time to give me some career advice. I think you will find most people would be more than happy to give you some advice if you approach them in the right way. Aslong as the person doesnt feel like you are tryna sell them something or take advantage of them they'l be happy to help you. You being in small business could try and approach someone in the same field who is more successful or somethin like that

Thanks g
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #9
!ALLMONEYENT!  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,810 | 2847397
brilljt said:
i been thinking about hollaring people in the same industry, but industry is very very small and competition is beyond high. thanks for those responses. defo will be checking back.
You must and I repeat must find a mentor who is within the same industry! I understand the competition aspect, however no one has ever made it big on their own. NO one you may try to reinvent the wheel, hell go right ahead however knock down the walls of competition be honest with yourself as to where you and your business is currently and who within your industry could help you the most! Hell I dont care if its someone you hate...your enemys sometimes end up being your best friend!
Reply With Quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #10
brilljt  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$453 | 2402036
thinking about a dude i know in the industry, who was doing it big in the states.. and now in uk on a humble... thinking i have to hit him up with a proposition for the future or some sh*t
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > The Money Spot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
36 viewing
Top 5 rappers who turned out to be a snitch
277 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
35 viewing
Image inside Twerker/Possible Future Stripper Rissa Caleb
113 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
34 viewing
Image inside Pron Star mia khalifa doesn't know who biggie is
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside May 21 - CEO, wife, son, maid killed and house burned. Savopoulos Fami..
194 comments
@news
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Tidal Keeps Sinking: BeyoncĂ© And Rihanna Can’t Save ‘Biggest Disaster In Musi..
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside Petite Meat IV: Married With Children
68 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
13 viewing
NBA Best Handles In The League Hands Down Is......
161 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Joe Budden Tweets About MJ Smiley
201 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Krayzie Bone Got Issues With Young Thug ?
172 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time