This is BX @ Boxden.com

Arrons or rent-a-center, can help your credit???

Arrons or rent-a-center, can help your credit???
topic by soulcreater - 11-08-2009, 10:26 PM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

I have been hearing that Arrons and Rent-a-center helps boost your credit score if you buy stuff from them, and make monthly payments, there is a couple near by where I live, and was gonna see how much a T.V. was and maybe try out one of there payment plans, but I know there is a down side to this, just dont know what it is yet. So ya just wanted your guys imput on it.....

And I also noticed that they dont do credit checks, so basically anybody can go in one of the stores and get what they want........

share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

18 comments for "Arrons or rent-a-center, can help your credit???"

11-08-2009, 10:38 PMaway - #2
JoeDoe22 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$3,758 | POWERFUL
I doubt that they report to the big 3. If your credit needs help start by paying off your debts and get a secured credit card and pay that monthly.
 11-09-2009, 12:26 AMaway - #3
PremiumBreeze 

d 
space
$560 | 856305
Them rent to own joints is one of the worst investments ever, if you do the math you may end up payin double for the stuff you buy.
 11-09-2009, 04:23 PMaway - #4
"SS" 4 heat pts

d 
space
$7,970 | POWERFUL
i worked at rent a center for almost 3 years and let me tell u they wont build !! but your debt. this is how that !! works. rent a center plays a certain price for every item then the item is a$signed a cash price which is usually double the price which they paid for it. then the finance price is double whatever the cash price is. this is where it gets shady. each item is a$signed a specific term usually 52 or 104 weeks, that is how long u will be paying for the item if u choose to fully purchase the item. now this is where it gets super shady, the company's plan is for u to never pay the item off, either u default and they pick the !! up or they talk u into upgrading and sending that !! back. the employees refurbish the item as best they can and its put back on the sales floor. the companies goal is to get 4 full terms out of each item they put on rent. ex. the company purchased a tv for 500, they put a cash price on it of 1000 and a financed price of 2000. at 4 terms they will make 8000 on a 500 dollar investment. and it sounds good to u because u are only paying a few bucks a week but it really adds up quick. and because its a rental agreement they are not required to report to any of the credit agencies.
 11-09-2009, 07:09 PMaway - #5
Sammyboi22 

d 
space
$12,976 | POWERFUL
^^Damn I knew that !! was super shady.
 11-11-2009, 03:04 PMaway - #6
TexasGirl 

d 
space
$5 | 0
I work at Rent-A-Center and nope… we don’t pull credit reports & we don’t report to the credit agencies so it’s true that Rent-A-Center won’t help you improve your credit. That also means that having bad or no credit won’t keep you from getting the TV. Want to pipe up, though, we absolutely want our customers to have ownership of the items! To be fair about pricing: delivery, service & setup are included in prices, customers can return an item at any time for no penalty, w/the pick-up being no extra charge and then, whenever they want the item back, they can pick up payments where they left off. Try to do any of that at Walmart - you can’t. On our tags, we’re clear about prices and (like with a credit card) it makes a big difference if you pay things off sooner rather than later. If we didn’t price things to make sense, other companies would come in and do what we do for less and drive us out of business. But they don’t, because our profits are about the same as what retailers make. Our costs are just different and what our customers get out of using us is different, too, and it seems to work for them. You might just call a store and get some info so you can get facts and do what makes sense to you.
 11-11-2009, 04:11 PMaway - #7
"SS" 4 heat pts

d 
space
$7,970 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TexasGirl
I work at Rent-A-Center and nopeÖ we donít pull credit reports & we donít report to the credit agencies so itís true that Rent-A-Center wonít help you improve your credit. That also means that having bad or no credit wonít keep you from getting the TV. Want to pipe up, though, we absolutely want our customers to have ownership of the items! To be fair about pricing: delivery, service & setup are included in prices, customers can return an item at any time for no penalty, w/the pick-up being no extra charge and then, whenever they want the item back, they can pick up payments where they left off. Try to do any of that at Walmart - you canít. On our tags, weíre clear about prices and (like with a credit card) it makes a big difference if you pay things off sooner rather than later. If we didnít price things to make sense, other companies would come in and do what we do for less and drive us out of business. But they donít, because our profits are about the same as what retailers make. Our costs are just different and what our customers get out of using us is different, too, and it seems to work for them. You might just call a store and get some info so you can get facts and do what makes sense to you.

u speak like a manager or something, they used to try to feed us that bull!! and make it sound good to us so it sounded good when we recited it back to the customer, but that !! is a rip off plain and simple. yes the prices on the tags are clear and delivery and set up are included but sears and best buy also offer free delivery and setup and if u miss a payment with them they are not at your door saturday morning demanding money or merchandise. all rent a center does is exploit people who already have money problems and put them deeper in debt. and yes u can pick up where u left off but chances are u will not get the same item all they promise u is a like item which is usually some bs that has been out several times and has no value left on it, so the company really loses nothing. and im not bashing rent a center at all its a great company to work for the pay is good and the benefits are ok, and i was promoted within a year but from a consumer stand point rent a center is !!, if u have other options and im sure u do please explore them before u waste a whole lot of money
 11-11-2009, 04:13 PMaway - #8
daliff89 1 heat pts

d 
space
$13,135 | POWERFUL
your profits can't be the same as other retailers if you charge more for the same product

i had a friend who bought a 360 from Rent-A-Center, it was like $15 a week for 52 weeks....

that's $780 for an XBox 360 Pro, which cost $200

that's a 390% markup on the price.....now, the profit margin on those 360s is about 5%, meaning that they cost companies around $190 to have to re-sell

for Rent-A-Center to get the same profits as another store, Microsoft would have to charge them $750, which i somehow doubt they do.....

the rent-to-own places are the biggest ripoff in retail, period.

they have zero up-side really

they don't report on your credit, you get used stuff a lot of the time, and you end up paying atleast twice retail price for the item
 11-11-2009, 05:03 PMaway - #9
jsmooth-117 6 heat pts

d 
space
$7,823 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by "SS"
u speak like a manager or something, they used to try to feed us that bull!! and make it sound good to us so it sounded good when we recited it back to the customer, but that !! is a rip off plain and simple. yes the prices on the tags are clear and delivery and set up are included but sears and best buy also offer free delivery and setup and if u miss a payment with them they are not at your door saturday morning demanding money or merchandise. all rent a center does is exploit people who already have money problems and put them deeper in debt. and yes u can pick up where u left off but chances are u will not get the same item all they promise u is a like item which is usually some bs that has been out several times and has no value left on it, so the company really loses nothing. and im not bashing rent a center at all its a great company to work for the pay is good and the benefits are ok, and i was promoted within a year but from a consumer stand point rent a center is !!, if u have other options and im sure u do please explore them before u waste a whole lot of money

I was about to say the same !! and looking at the low post count it almost looks like rent-a-center has spys and placed her a$s here just to justify they shady activity @ a rent a center spy
 11-12-2009, 06:32 AMaway - #10
muzikhead 

d 
space
$1,264 | 3319528
Originally Posted by PremiumBreeze
Them rent to own joints is one of the worst investments ever, if you do the math you may end up payin double for the stuff you buy.
I know right. That's why I be like !! Magic Johnson. Trying to convince people to rent from RAC.
 11-12-2009, 08:03 AMaway - #11
dasill 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,199 | 5817661
more like pay a jew
 11-13-2009, 08:58 PMonline - #12
Yd4001 3 heat pts

d 
space
$3,762 | 5853455
I just them come back and pick up a 42 inch hdtv that I had been renting for the last 2 months. My shorty worked at wal-mart an priced a tv there at 700 but they had me payin 2300 over 92 weeks! !! was crazy but they sent us a voucher for 250 to put towards something else so we thinking about getting a nice computer idk
Posted via Mobile Device
 11-13-2009, 10:34 PMaway - #13
TrkyMfns 

d 
space
$2,837 | 4200312
Originally Posted by Yd4001
I just them come back and pick up a 42 inch hdtv that I had been renting for the last 2 months. My shorty worked at wal-mart an priced a tv there at 700 but they had me payin 2300 over 92 weeks! !! was crazy but they sent us a voucher for 250 to put towards something else so we thinking about getting a nice computer idk
Posted via Mobile Device
nicca! U dumb as a box of rocks. :sad-smiley-028:
 11-13-2009, 11:38 PMonline - #14
Yd4001 3 heat pts

d 
space
$3,762 | 5853455
Listen we did the math and that's what it came out to! I dnt argue with niccas I can't see so I just bought Borderlands and I'm bout to go submerge in that for awhile.
Posted via Mobile Device
 11-14-2009, 08:44 AMaway - #15
t0nyg 

d 
space
$908 | 1905945
^just callin you stupid cuz you goin back there to get ur head slapped again.

I rent things (things), I rent things, im dodgin rent-a-center and dodgin rent king (yyyyeeeeaaaa)
They knock on my door, shut the !! up (sssssshhhhhhh)
They think they taking this couch? They got me !!ed up
 11-14-2009, 08:52 PMaway - #16
PokeyG82 

d 
space
$278 | 345613
Round here, we find crack heads with houses, and give them the money needed to get whatever you want, and when its delivered, you pick up the merchandise and give the crackhead a lil pocket money(blow money). Works everytime! True story...
 11-14-2009, 08:54 PMaway - #17
PokeyG82 

d 
space
$278 | 345613
B 4 buying at one of these places I would check into one of the big retail places that offers something like 12months no interest and no payments, and just pay off whatever you purchase b 4 the 12 months.
 11-15-2009, 10:28 AMaway - #18
beantown 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$23,246 | POWERFUL
Yea I'm not an expert on this !! but I wouldn't say that rent a center is the best place to start if you're looking to build credit. Better off getting a credit card, or at least one of those ones that you can apply for in the stores and start building on that.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
MLB Breaking: Yankees Pitcher Michael Pineda Gets Caught for..
61 comments
NBA One Year Ago Today Carmelo Scored 37 Points... (video)
57 comments
NBA James Harden's Last 3 Series
71 comments
 NFL Full 32 Nfl Team Schedule For 2014-2015
New reply 3 minutes ago - 189 comments - by italiansteve
 NFL Russell Wilson And Wife Divorce
New reply 12 minutes ago - 124 comments - by SeattleWon
 NBA Official Nba On Tnt Playoff Thread
New reply 5 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Walt Thizzney
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 17 minutes ago - 99 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
 NBA Lebron James Gets Throat Chopped :dead: (video)
New reply 6 minutes ago - 89 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside "and The Little Homie Jungle Is A Garden To Me&qu...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 77 comments - by PowerBar Ernie
  Every Dope Rapper Ever Sitting At A Table In Their Pri...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Laronla
 Video inside Lil Boosie At The Breakfast Club: Rap Game, Fake Love,...
New reply 31 minutes ago - 68 comments - by BreakfastClub

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,650 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.