This is BX @ Boxden.com

Are You a Realtor?

Are You a Realtor?
topic by Al Goody - 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

I have been a Realtor for over 6 years. My partner for over 10.

We are working on a new Real Estate product.

We need some input.

Realtors-

What are 3 things (tools, technology, products, services, etc...) that you wish you had, that would make your job easier?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

21 comments for "Are You a Realtor?"

12-06-2012, 08:15 AMaway - #2
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
So, I'm the only Realtor on BX?

12-06-2012, 09:10 AMonline - #3
rayraysray 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$345 | 11684640
ill be a realtor soon just in classes right now gotta sign up for that state exam
 12-06-2012, 11:18 AMaway - #4
reazon_opt 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,418 | 6196012
I used to be one.... i was 18 and didnt know anything about houses. i work at a restoration company now. I wish i had the knowledge that i do know then (cliche but its true), since then, ive lost my license due to post requirements that i didnt fulfill but at least I know that i can take that test and pass it. Ive heard of people failing it ten times.. i took it twice... as far as answering your question, get to know home inspectors, mold remediators, plumbers, etc. because a lot of the times your clients will call you and ask you those questions if you know of a plumber, etc... those my two cents
 12-06-2012, 01:16 PMaway - #5
reazon_opt 6 heat pts

d 
space
$1,418 | 6196012
Originally Posted by Al Goody
So, I'm the only Realtor on BX?

if youre in south florida.. i can definitely help you out just let me know
 12-06-2012, 03:31 PMaway - #6
stizz44 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$648 | 9355142
I'm a realtor.

Only thing I need is a list of states my current license is recirocial in so I can expand business national.
 12-06-2012, 03:33 PMaway - #7
stizz44 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$648 | 9355142
checkout .

I think legit realtors can actually give you useful information in the forums on that site. No offense, but you aint going to find serious businessmen here on BX!

12-06-2012, 05:11 PMaway - #8
Greece 7 heat pts

d 
space
$3,595 | 13129544
Been licensed for awhile. Used to sell for a national homebuilder and I've just held on to the license. Since I also did marketing for that homebuilder I always wondered what would make Realtors feed their customers or clients to a certain homebuilder other than a personal relationship with a sales agent.
 12-06-2012, 07:32 PMonline - #9
SlickJ101 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$8,782 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stizz44
checkout .

I think legit realtors can actually give you useful information in the forums on that site. No offense, but you aint going to find serious businessmen here on BX!

12-06-2012, 07:46 PMaway - #10
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
I'm a realtor.

Only thing I need is a list of states my current license is recirocial in so I can expand business national.
Good idea.

checkout .

You never know where a good idea may come from...

Originally Posted by Greece
Been licensed for awhile. Used to sell for a national homebuilder and I've just held on to the license. Since I also did marketing for that homebuilder I always wondered what would make Realtors feed their customers or clients to a certain homebuilder other than a personal relationship with a sales agent.
Unless they are the only homebuilder in a certain area, you really can't "steer" clients.
Why would you want to anyway? The first questions I ask (after figuring out financial situation) is "Where do you want to live?" Most people already have a good idea, then just find them the right house in their area.
 12-06-2012, 09:24 PMaway - #11
Greece 7 heat pts

d 
space
$3,595 | 13129544

Unless they are the only homebuilder in a certain area, you really can't "steer" clients.
Why would you want to anyway? The first questions I ask (after figuring out financial situation) is "Where do you want to live?" Most people already have a good idea, then just find them the right house in their area.
I'm aware of the steering (licensed). National Homebuilders have neighborhoods throughout the metropolitan so it wouldn't just be one area. Back then when I was data mining I ran across a few trends...maybe it was just a coincidence...
 12-07-2012, 01:04 AMaway - #12
willie_s 

d 
space
$208 | 512517
I was thinking about becoming a realtor but then i thought if i just save my money i can by the property myself and I dont have to pay someone else is this logical thinking
 12-07-2012, 06:55 AMaway - #13
stizz44 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$648 | 9355142
Originally Posted by willie_s
I was thinking about becoming a realtor but then i thought if i just save my money i can by the property myself and I dont have to pay someone else is this logical thinking

Your right! But if you become a realtor, you will earn a commission on that sale. Furthermore, if you buy a fully occupied building you will collect last months rent at closing. In addition to that, if you close on your sale on the 31st of the month you can collect rent the next day!

So for example depending on rental income, you can collect:

Last Months Rent--$1000
Next Months Rent--$1000
R.E. Comission-----$2000

You can walk out of closing with $4,000 cash. Add that to $4,500(per say) in cash reserves the bank requires you to have in your account and you have $8,500!!! Thats almost enough to get you another property in 6 months. Just off buying 1 crib!

Its a no-brainer to get that license. Its literally "a license to make money"

12-07-2012, 08:28 AMaway - #14
arabofthechi 7 heat pts

d 
space
$807 | 5592622
Been a realtor for 3 1/2 years.

Most of my business has been from people I know( friends, family )

All I can think of for now is a better mls mobile app and maybe a more detailed cma tool
 12-07-2012, 09:34 AMaway - #15
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by arabofthechi
Been a realtor for 3 1/2 years.

Most of my business has been from people I know( friends, family )

All I can think of for now is a better mls mobile app and maybe a more detailed cma tool

We are integrating a mobile mls app.

What state are you licensed in?
 12-07-2012, 10:13 AMaway - #16
biscuit 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$9,459 | POWERFUL
I'm a Realtor. I would say 3 things that would help me in my business all relate to graphic design. In particular:

1. Pictures & Virtual Tours of my listings
2. Making of feature sheets for those same listings
3. Organization of ads for magazines and newspapers

I looked into hiring an a$sistant this spring but most of the people I interviewed were more inclined towards administrative duties - which I require for closing deals and client satisfaction as well, but the above 3 items in a 1 stop shop would be top of the list. Currently, I have to outsource all 3 and do some of it myself. I could spend that same time prospecting FSBO's which makes good money for me since I'm good on the phone and in person.
 12-07-2012, 01:45 PMaway - #17
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by biscuit
I'm a Realtor. I would say 3 things that would help me in my business all relate to graphic design. In particular:

1. Pictures & Virtual Tours of my listings
2. Making of feature sheets for those same listings
3. Organization of ads for magazines and newspapers

I looked into hiring an a$sistant this spring but most of the people I interviewed were more inclined towards administrative duties - which I require for closing deals and client satisfaction as well, but the above 3 items in a 1 stop shop would be top of the list. Currently, I have to outsource all 3 and do some of it myself. I could spend that same time prospecting FSBO's which makes good money for me since I'm good on the phone and in person.
These look like marketing needs.

There are many companies that do all of these for you. Most magazines (also valpak, local shopper type publications, etc...) will offer you free design when you buy advertising from them. I have shopped these myself (with a pre-made design of my own) and pretty much every time I spoke with someone, part of the package included ad design for that particular publication.

But definitely, Realtor marketing options will be a part of our product.

Thank you for the input.
 12-07-2012, 01:51 PMaway - #18
biscuit 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$9,459 | POWERFUL
These look like marketing needs.

There are many companies that do all of these for you. Most magazines (also valpak, local shopper type publications, etc...) will offer you free design when you buy advertising from them. I have shopped these myself (with a pre-made design of my own) and pretty much every time I spoke with someone, part of the package included ad design for that particular publication.

But definitely, Realtor marketing options will be a part of our product.

Thank you for the input.
No problem.

What do you and your partner think about programs like "Top Producer"
 12-07-2012, 04:12 PMaway - #19
arabofthechi 7 heat pts

d 
space
$807 | 5592622

We are integrating a mobile mls app.

What state are you licensed in?
Illinois
 12-19-2012, 09:59 AMaway - #20
FSU_CANE561 

d 
space
$338 | 1923179
I was looking into getting my license within the next couple of months. Took the courses in school but specialized in marketing. worked for a couple of years with a company called Homes.com and dealt with more realtors than i care to remember but I tried to get as much knowledge from them as possible.

Top Producer was one of the top competitors

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Andrew Wiggins' girl
51 comments
Image inside  The Official "I thought this actor was gonna blow up...
113 comments
NFL Breaking News: Former Titans Kicker Rob Bironas Dies at 36
79 comments
 NBA Wade & Union Joint Statement On Nude Pictures
New reply 7 minutes ago - 127 comments - by Dray
 NFL The Official Sh-ttsburgh Steelers Vs Carolina Panthers...
New reply 43 minutes ago - 468 comments - by ghettofied
 Video inside Bet Hip Hop Awards - Url Cypher
New reply 15 minutes ago - 85 comments - by ZeusSlaps
 NCAAF Nfl Scout Says Jameis Winston Is Now A Late 2nd Rounde...
New reply 56 minutes ago - 61 comments - by italiansteve
 NFL Ray Rice Will Reportedly Argue That Tmz Edited Elevato...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Dray
  Why Is No One Discussing The Iphone 6's Best Feature?!?
New reply 1 hour ago - 70 comments - by _Monk
 NFL Deangelo Hall Out For Remainder Of The Season. :smh:
New reply 25 minutes ago - 58 comments - by FreeBigga
  The Best Era In Hip Hop = 1997-2005 (?)
New reply 1 hour ago - 124 comments - by Littlefinger1

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.