This is BX @ Boxden.com

Anyone here a/worked security before ?

Anyone here a/worked security before ?
topic by CarlozRossi - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM - Boxden > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Im tired of this retail ####. Looking for something different. Thought about being a security guard since I always see jobs for security. #### retail this modern day slavery. My hours always ####ed up. 1 week ill have 32-40 hrs another week ill have 16-20. Im jus looking for a full time job.

Anyway how is it working security ? Heard its boring but easy money. Anyone in cali that can
tell me how i go about getting my guard card ?

thx much appreciated

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

19 comments for "Anyone here a/worked security before ?"

12-05-2012, 06:55 PMaway - #2
bigmike123456 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,255 | 2850997
Whatever company that hires u should give you the training and give u a guard car
 12-05-2012, 09:03 PMaway - #3
WOODS5000 

d 
space
$1,983 | POWERFUL
did security for 2 years easiest money I made in my life... I worked for a company called securitas good company should be nation wide.. check them out
 12-05-2012, 11:17 PMaway - #4
CarlozRossi 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$3,668 | POWERFUL
fa sho good looking out everyone.. yea my boy does security at an automall overnight says

he jus chills and be on his tablet/phone all night..im def. gonna look into tho
 12-06-2012, 12:53 AMaway - #5
lifeundthescope 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$6,048 | POWERFUL
Yeah I have, and I have taken alot of #### because of it
 12-06-2012, 02:45 AMaway - #6

d 
space
$3,668 | POWERFUL
^^ thats when u tell em to catch that fade after work lol
 12-06-2012, 08:43 AMaway - #7
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Yeah it's pretty boring. I did it for half of year then quit after the boss refused to pay me for one of the gigs. Mostly I just watched band equipment at the local park over night. Had a golf cart sometimes, mostly I just watched movies and listened to music on my iPod. A couple times though I did concerts, had a few interesting adventures doing both types. It was a decent job, I didn't have to wear a uniform or anything, just a "security" T-Shirt. Which worked for me, because I want nothing to do with looking like a cop or acting like one. I didn't take the job all serious like most dudes, I just made sure whatever I was to protect, was protected and let small #### like bums hanging around, kids being kids drinking/smoking etc. slide because they weren't harming anyone or the stuff I was guarding.

My training sessions were GOAT though. Funniest #### I've ever seen in my life.
 12-06-2012, 10:28 AMaway - #8
freshwala 

d 
space
$847 | 3026707
Its either boring or stressfUl, personally I'd rather be getting paid for being bored than doing hard work or dealing with stress.

Remember if your stressed that stress comes home with you, every time you gettin ready to go work thinking "man I gotta go deal with this bull#### again for 6-7 hours".
If your bored, you just deal with it, its not draining, you get paid for hardly doing anything, you hardly ever put yourself in danger etc.

So I'd say do security, get that money and work somewhere boring where you can just day dream rather than having to stress.
e.g. Work at a supermarket or even more chill is a parking lot.
Or if you want ####es, work security in clubs and bars, but I'd say work rock clubs or hippie clubs if you have them in your area, your mainstream clubs and hip hop nights are more stress and danger.

Action is fun and makes time go by but its not worth getting st@bbed just to make time go by quicker.
Being bored over being dead.
 12-06-2012, 07:21 PMaway - #9

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
No one likes Security at bars/clubs, #### that. I avoided that at all costs. Closest I did was concerts, and even then I only looked after people who worked for the venue to make sure no one ####ed with them. Did a Willie Nelson concert and was told to tell a smoker to put it out Went up there and told him we had to "take care of that", waited til the lady wasn't watching then had him duck behind a seat and we power chiefed that #### til it was gone. Dude was so happy to smoke with security, he was shaking my hand all hysterical like, "DUUUUUDE THAT WAS SO COOL!!!" I'm like, "I'm just trying to get high, chill boss."
 12-06-2012, 09:48 PMaway - #10

d 
space
$3,668 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by freshwala
Its either boring or stressfUl, personally I'd rather be getting paid for being bored than doing hard work or dealing with stress.

Remember if your stressed that stress comes home with you, every time you gettin ready to go work thinking "man I gotta go deal with this bull#### again for 6-7 hours".
If your bored, you just deal with it, its not draining, you get paid for hardly doing anything, you hardly ever put yourself in danger etc.

So I'd say do security, get that money and work somewhere boring where you can just day dream rather than having to stress.
e.g. Work at a supermarket or even more chill is a parking lot.
Or if you want ####es, work security in clubs and bars, but I'd say work rock clubs or hippie clubs if you have them in your area, your mainstream clubs and hip hop nights are more stress and danger.

Action is fun and makes time go by but its not worth getting st@bbed just to make time go by quicker.
Being bored over being dead.

thats exactly what im aiming for lol.. but yea i jus want some overnight type ####. where i could jus be on my nexus 7 and post up. #### dealing with drunk ####s. Dont want to get
fired for smacking someone up & def. aint getting k!lled over some BS at a job lol
 12-06-2012, 09:50 PMaway - #11

d 
space
$3,668 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Got Cheeve?
No one likes Security at bars/clubs, #### that. I avoided that at all costs. Closest I did was concerts, and even then I only looked after people who worked for the venue to make sure no one ####ed with them. Did a Willie Nelson concert and was told to tell a smoker to put it out Went up there and told him we had to "take care of that", waited til the lady wasn't watching then had him duck behind a seat and we power chiefed that #### til it was gone. Dude was so happy to smoke with security, he was shaking my hand all hysterical like, "DUUUUUDE THAT WAS SO COOL!!!" I'm like, "I'm just trying to get high, chill boss."
im def. trying to be like that. Im not gonna be an #### sec. but im put jus enough effort to where i dont get fired
 12-06-2012, 09:52 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$3,668 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheOpulentOne
Cheeve's first reply reminds me of something I forgot to mention. When you work in security, there's gonna be a lot of fly by night security companies that do shady business. You might get paid when you work for them, you might not. You might do some work for them and find out they're out of business 2 weeks later. Gotta watch out for them.

word ? thats some ####ed up ####.
 12-07-2012, 12:17 AMaway - #13

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
With me it wasn't that type of situation though. The guy told me to patrol the hotel one date. He said the Miami Dolphins' alumni and some current players were going to be staying there (Clayton, and I was in the elevator with Channing Crowder when he played for them.) I went there, did 12 hours overnight (also, some shady dude was parked outside the whole time so I kept an eye on him, turns out he was a pimp running girls up to the players He and the girls got mad nervous when they were with me in the elevator and saw "Security" on the back of my shirt, but I just chuckled, who am I to care?) Well I get done, and planned to go out of town the next day. I'm out of town and the boss calls me up and starts asking why I'm late. I ask him, late for what? He says I'm supposed to be at the hotel. I let him know he told me to do it the day before. He denied it, I told him I did 12 hours, he said that was on me and I wouldn't get paid for it and I better get to the hotel If I want to keep my job. I told him I was out of town which he thought I was lying, finally after more disrespect, directly caused by his own negligence I told him to go #### himself and I quit. My whole thing was, you tell me the Dolphins are going to be there, I work that night, the Dolphins are there, and yet he's trying to say I went the wrong night? Bull####. It would only make sense if someone else was already there doing security. But I was the only dude, so why would they have security one night, and not the other? Huge hole in his story. He ####ed up, tried to blame me for it, and not pay me, so I told him to eat a di#k.
 12-08-2012, 05:58 PMaway - #14
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,943 | 8828580
^ sounds lke he played you tbh. You quitting played to his hand.

Also OP where do you live.
 12-08-2012, 11:55 PMaway - #15

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Piccolo
^ sounds lke he played you tbh. You quitting played to his hand.

Also OP where do you live.
If his hand was that he hated me and wanted me gone but didn't want to fire me (although I don't know why he wouldn't want to fire me if he really hated me because I would of gotten no benefits) then yeah he played me. But that makes no sense. Regardless, If someones not gonna pay me, I'm not gonna stay. He would be playing me even more if I stayed and accepted not getting paid for 12 hours of work.

Explain how I was playing to his hand though, I'm interested if how you thought that up?
 12-09-2012, 12:05 AMaway - #16
Chopzilla 185 heat pts185

d 
space
$10,434 | POWERFUL
Im doing right now. Graveyard shift it's just like you said, boring but easy money. Easiest job I ever had. Do a patrol every hour, document whatever lil stuff and just chill mainly..least on graveyard

Plus the spot Im at has a 24 hour fitness styled company gym so ya boy be getting his swole on namsayin
 12-09-2012, 02:51 AMaway - #17
Kooper 68 heat pts68

d 
space
$12,055 | POWERFUL
Part time security.

48 hours and $600 to study

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Money Spot (finance/careers)

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
63 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
61 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
88 comments
  Best Rap Album Of 2014?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 98 comments - by QB Eagles
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 81 comments - by The Bully
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 75 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 NBA Miami Was Using That Fake Crowd Noise Last Night
New reply 26 minutes ago - 93 comments - by st21
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 192 comments - by NoLastName
 NFL Week 9- Tnf- New Orleans Saints Vs. Carolina Panthers
New reply 31 minutes ago - 439 comments - by Frasier
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 90 comments - by mdemaz
 NBA Reddit User Digs Up Old Tweets From Players
New reply 36 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Wardell Curry II

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.